Create Account

S62 PT#1: Game on

Prompt 1  (170 words)

As the wacky SHL scientists put Scott Thorny in the brain copy machine they noticed an error in the system: 'NO CONSCIENCE DETECTED'. The scientists were puzzled as they've never seen this error before. After utilizing their most advanced technical troubleshooting procedures (unplugging and rebooting the machine) with no avail, they came to the conclusion that Thorny is not a man. He is a consciousless sack of meat sent from prehistoric times to do one thing only: body slam his opponents as hard as possible. The doctors noted the exceptional physical attributes and pure evilness in Thorny's soulless brain scan which basically just looked like a black box. They noted the potential in this vile being and decided to send him to the Up-and-Comers to unleash terror. Thorny rose from his bed and lay awake in the SHL locker room. With three others staring at him - his teammates! Who are these people? They went to the ice and began a journey of the Up-and-Comers from prehistoric history!! More to come!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2021, 02:08 PM by JURT.)

Prompt 1

Jean-Uhtred Ragnarsson-Tremblay, Shadow extraordinaire, has been selected to play on the Superstars as the top-tied shutdown center that he is. Even if he is very disappointed that he will not be able to play with his great friend Cassius Darrow or his lover Gunnar Söderberg, both of whom have been picked to play on the Grizzled Vets team, he is happy to join forces with old linemates from his years in Colorado: Sven Svenson and Lord Raiden are going to play on his wings: Svenson in a Two-Way Forward role and Raiden as a strong Power Forward, a combination that has been proven very effective by many players on different teams over the years. With them is also going to be an old teammate of JURT from Chicago, Ryuuji Minamino, in a much more offensive role. Behind them, JURT's compatriot from Finland Juuka Timonen will make sure to hold the defense together.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Prompt 1
Dirty Boots has been drafted to the Texas Renegades but he will be spending this season back in the SMJHLwith the Detroit Falcons. Last season the Falcons experienced a rebuilding season with a losing record but they were starting to show lots of promise. This season there have been changes that have definitely made an impact on the team. The Detroit Falcons We’re looking very promising at times during last season and a lot of that was due to their rookie goaltender Hugh Jass. Unfortunately Jass was not able to join the team this year but fortunately The Falcons selected a new goaltender in the draft who has been put to work. They will need to put in some work and improve but it will definitely add to the strength of the core future of the team. The Falcons also lost their star centreman Ty Murphy as he’s been called up to the SHL. Detroit will likely start seeing success in another season or two once their rookies have stepped up into a larger role on the team. The defensive top 4 are looking pretty good with Boots, Arkhangelsky, Fandango and Rhames and will help keep them in many contests this season. With the rookies improving as the season goes on the Falcons may see improvement towards the end of the season much like the last season but they will definitely be a threat in the near future.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Prompt 2

Here in Great-Falls Grizzlies not many changes happened over off-season. Over off-season Grizzlies lost two of teams leaders Gerry Atrick and Sekai Wollker. There have been some other small loses but these two were pretty major for team. In draft team added defenders Bilbo Baggins and Brent Ashe II and forward Brain Brettski. Those three additions are very important because there was a need of a defenders in team. And these additions are great for future too, because after this season team will loose some major players and it was a key to add some fresh talent to this team.
How I feel about this season? I feel pretty good. If managers will find right line-ups and players will have great chemistry then I think we can go pretty far in play-offs. It is all about that chemistry. I feel pretty excited and pumped about this season because I know this will be my last season in SMJHL and that is making all this season sad and excited at the same time. Sad because I will leave Grizzlies after this season but excited because I wanna help this team 110%

**197 words**

Drafted 59th Overall in SMJHL S58 draft by Anchorage Armada
Drafted 9th in SMJHL S60 expansion draft by Great Falls Grizzlies
Drafted 36th Overall in SHL S59 draft by Calgary Dragons

[Image: lux2.png]

Sebster Affiliate

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

I personally see myself as grizzled Vet. I do not really fit perfectly into any of these categories. Yeah Grizzled Vet would make sense because I am hitting regression but I still almost have 1800 TPE so it does not really mean that I am DEEP into regression. I am for sure not a Superstar because my player is very up and down when it comes to being effective in the Sim. Hall of Fame is probably out of the question for my guy, I am for sure not that successful when it comes to my career. And the Up-and-Comers well, I just finished saying that I have gone through regression so I am 100% not in that category. I see myself as a tweener or a Z score, where I can not fit into any category.
I think as a team, the Grizzled Vets would actually be pretty successful. When it comes to playoffs and big games, it is always the players with a good amount of experience that end up doing better than expected. We would be underdogs but we would be systematically sound.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

Prompt 2

The Regina Elk had a tough season in S61 but there were a few bright spots, namely the performances of Robert E. O. Speedwagon, as well as captain Daud Ramza, who put up 56 and 44 points respectively. The biggest challenge that Regina faces this season is to fill the void left by the recent call ups of these two players to the SHL. Regina's defense looks better than last season after the team drafted a couple of defensemen in the draft this off season, including San-Sam Emerson at 3rd overall. Because the Elk are still working on icing a competitive roster, these players will have an immediate chance to make an impact this season. My own player has developed a lot in the offseason, as I have now hit the 350 cap for second season players. After bumping up some of my offensive attributes, namely those important for playmakers, I'm really hoping to put up some better numbers this time around compared to my rookie season. Lastly, our goaltending continues to improve, with Rebecca Montagne having also capped out their TPE along with hopefully getting a few more starts this season. All in all, it still looks to be a very tough season for a new team looking to gain its footing in this league, although Regina will likely continue to see a lot of improvement over time.

229 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

PROMPT 2-

I will be bold enough to say one of the most exciting things the Minnesota Monarchs did in the offseason was to add me: Sekai Wollker to the team. It wasn't a hard decision, they drafted me third overall and have waited patiently for four seasons for me to come up to the big leagues and take my place amongst the elite. After some delayed contract negotiations that were understandable as the General Manager was new to the role, new to the role, not the team and had a mountain of paperwork to handle when he was given the keys, Sekai Wollker was signed and hasn't looked back as the team hopes to establish themselves as a playoff contender. So far the competition has been amazing and the team has been successful, at just over 500 in the stats. A strong start and a strong finish will show the league this new team that is the Monarchs. We may not win the cup any time soon, but we are certainly having fun trying.

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

In this world, Xavier Doom would be on the Up and Comers, as his 1527 TPE is a lot but he’s JUSTTTT before hitting his true prime and being a top SHL player. Ironically, he’d be playing with a lot of his current teammates in New Orleans, more than likely joining Kauppinen, Dip, and Malik up front. St. Ark is probably in goal too. That means practices would more than likely be very similar to the ones we have now, and we’d more than likely hang out all of the time. I think a super fun thing would be that there’s a more than solid chance Joe K would be on the HOFers team, which means this is the only universe where those two players of mine can battle on the ice. It’d be really cool to know that they’re going to battle for “Best Joe K Player”, and somehow they’re both self aware, breaking the fourth wall, knowing that that’s the goal and that I’m watching. Kind of like how Deadpool can do it. Should be wild. (178)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

WSBL affiliate

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

Prompt 2 – How has my team changed over this offseason? Well I guess first things first, it should be mentioned that I am on the Atlanta Inferno, the greatest team in the league. The biggest change in Atlanta is not the incredible, yet questionable, signing of gabe. Sure, he’s a bonafide defender but he doesn’t tell the story of this Atlanta offseason. The biggest change has been the call up of the youngsters and the mafia-style liquidation of the olds. Atlanta already had a young core of Withecheck (S56), Anton (S57), Pablo (S57), Pavel (S58), Binder (S58) and me (S58). But we got even younger with the additional call ups of Lillehammersson, McFife XVIII, Nishimori and Petrov (all S59!) as well as a true rookie in Towelie (S61). The window appears to be opening for a good push by Atlanta in the next 3-4 seasons, so if they can keep making marquee signings like gabe (or clapper and bobby of the past), it should be a fun future. Oh and if that Otter guy could retire, that’d be great too.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

WSBL Affiliate PT

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

I guess Chimkin Wing would be considered an up and comer… just on the cusp of being good… but never that good because he’s overshadowed by literally the entire Buffalo Stampede lineup.
So my lineup would consist of:

Me, obviously.
Daniel Merica Jr.
Spack Jarrow
Cup Noodle
Dom Tretyak Jr.

Compared to these gentlemen, I am a grizzled vet, however I only have 1400 TPE in a sea of people with 2k, so I’m an up and comer still and I won’t let anyone tell me different.
Our first practice would consist of Dom stopping all my muffin shots, Cup Noodle immediately stopping my zone entry at the blue line, and Jarrow and Merica trying to set me up for easy goals but I can’t finish them because I am ass. I’m a set up man, dammit.
Afterwards we’d all go out to eat, but Merica would throw a fit because we wanted to eat Italian food and according to him, Italian food is communist.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Prompt 2

After losing the final series last season against the Hamilton Steelhawks, the Texas Renegades didn't have much roster changes to go for the revenge tour. They replaced their backup goalie Elle Rush with Edward Teach. The bigger change though is young talent Bjorn Bjorn replacing LW Josef Kubinec who retired after having a great career and it will be very tough for Bjorn to follow in his footsteps. It's more likely that it will be a challenge for the whole team to step up and other players like High Haschdi in his second season needs to contribute more to the team.
Texas had a great start into the season and isn't looking weaker than last season so far, so the goal will definitely be to make a deep playoff run and win the cup this time. The players are really motivated and only have that one goal in mind and I feel like they should be one of the favourites this season again!

[Image: Haschdi.png]