Create Account

S62 PT#1: Game on

Prompt 2:

The Hamilton steelhawks  have added one huge key to their teams success: Ty Murphy.  Ty is an underwhelming player on an excellent team, so naturally he will flourish greatly.  Looking to be a fantastic playmaker in the future, this is the perfect opportunity for Murphy to get a feel for the style of play in Hamilton.  One he digs in his roots and builds a little team camaraderie, he will be the next big thing.  Luckily, the Steelhawks have a pretty rigorous training schedule that will help his progression move along nicely, ensuring no plateaus in play.  Will the Steelhawks dynasty continue to win cups with the help of Murphy? Only time will tell. Until then, all we can do is wait and watch, and all he can do is train train train.  Every day leg day, cardio for hours to prepare for those 3rd period shifts.  Time to dig deep for Murphy, and pull out a few clutch goals.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 10:35 PM by RashfordU.)

Prompt #1

Welcome to Day 1 of the Up and Comers.
Let me introduce you to the Roster.

LW - Spack Jarrow - You know, the one and only High Stick King, the man who controls the high seas like no other
C - Jaeger Jones - The one an only GM of Regina
RW - Tommy Tightpants - every team needs Tightpants, but we've got him!
LD - Jay O'Neil - The Man, the Myth, the Sburbine
RD - Mikko Rashford - Smile

Practice would be epic, huge personalities and two defensive scrubs.  We can hang with anyone, and funny enough, all rocking the Aurora sweater when the time comes to make the jump to the SHL.  You know the future is bright when you've got 5 players selected from the top 12.  But the real reason we are all here is for the Tightpants Chronicles.  Just getting your name mentioned in the series is the type of lore you want to be around.  Expect to see this squad running up and down the J and SHL for many many seasons to come.  Stoked to be involved with 4 amazing individuals!

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Prompt 2

This offseason the outlaws made sure to out in lots of work, as many of the rookies from the previous season have gained lots of TPE and are actual players right now, meaning Anaheim isn't a walk in the park where you just collect your 2 points. I think we have a chance at making a playoff run this season instead of being gifted a playoff spot by Franchise Hockey Manager.We probably won't win it all as teams like Vancouver are still very competitive and are at the top of the juniors. We've also got some great rookies who will make a big impact on the team now and in the future. In terms of my player, I managed to reach the 350 TPE so I hope to be able to make an even bigger impact this season, which might be a tall order considering the great season I had last year. Overall, should be a good year.

Code:
158 words

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid536111 ISFL affiliate

Quote:
Citadelles

WSBL PT

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

It's a pleasure to see such a task. The team has supplemented its composition with one experienced hockey player. It's Bobby Sharp. Also, the team has additions from the youth level. It has been able to extend contracts with needed team leaders from previous seasons, which alone already form a positive core without which success would be impossible. The spirit of the team and the sparse are at high levels. We're ready to reunite and take a broad step toward the Play-Off games, and get farther than the first round in those games. Of course, much will depend on the team's leaders, from Reid Sutherland, Kriss Darzins, and from Bo Kane and Bobby Sharp. But the defensive line is high enough for us, too. Certainly we are not immediately opposed to a cup on paper, but a big step has been taken because future players from the youth system are really strong and will be able to replace the already experienced hockey players whose careers are slowly heading toward the end.

ISFL PT

The Baltimore Platoon sat pretty this offseason, being very content with the moves they've made and the effort they put in over previous seasons. The team is at a point where all the pieces are in place and we just need to keep growing and working towards our peak. The last few offseasons were a little different, however. We acquired several key players that will be absolute studs for the team both on forward and defense. We brought in veteran top-tier players in Jones, J41 and Cleary, along with young up-and-coming superstar Jasper Maximov. These moves set the platoon up with what they will need during their cup window and truly helped solidify the team's elite-player presence on every line. Having made these moves, and having a very dedicated core of S53-S56ish players, the best move the platoon could make this offseason was nothing. Our entire team is filled with actives that will all be able to play a major role when it matters and after a long bout with being unsuccessful, the pieces are finally falling into place.

PT Pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Respectfully towards the first prompt which I like, I will be doing prompt 2:

Atlanta made a decent few changes to their roster this season. Firstly, they landed a "big" free agent in "star" SHL "defenseman" Gabe Johnson, who should definitely "improve" their lineup over the coming seasons as he nears retirement. He should help an Atlanta powerplay that already tends to not have issues scoring, although we can ignore what he brings to the table defensively.

Next, they made several call ups to their main roster from the farm system. Their star call up was S59 first round pick Angus McFife XVIII, who comes in already improving their roster. They also called up S59 forward Jack Nishimori, who has similarly shown a lot of promise and joins with McFife from Colorado. Their third call up is Towelie from Anchorage, who after two seasons in the juniors is already making an early step up to the big league. And finally, to be the backup goalie to Samat Beibitzhanov they called up netminder Evgeni Petrov, who was a star between the pipes in Newfoundland.

Speaking of Newfoundland, they crowned off their off-season by landing Newfoundland-born prospect Big Newff via offer sheet from Hamilton, helping solidify their future core.

(Like 200 words im definitely good go Atlanta)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Prompt 2
Being a few seasons into regression, it's tough to say if I would be drafted into the All Stars or Grizzled Vets. But given my track record of never doing anything in the league, being more of a shutdown forward, and being relatively low TPE for my class, i can only assume I would already be a lock for Grizzled Veterans. Which is good news, really. There's lots of great talent in there. Guys like Theo Morgan and Matt Kholin are there to help score goals and make plays, while the floating carcasses of Tony Pepperoni, Cassius Darrow, Rex Kirkby, and FR Finn Rhys server as veritible meat shields against the onslaught of shots that are sure to come from the All Stars. The young guns we arent particularly concerned about, we have enough grit, wit, and experience to shut down their best attempts at "hockey". You may not be able to teach an old dog new tricks but you can something something old goat i dont know give me TPE.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid536148

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

This season's been a big adjustment personally and one for the Rage as well. I was taken 13th overall a few seasons ago when I was still available for the Rage, and a rebuild started anew. It's especially started with the loss of Ola Wagstrom to free agency with possible retirement in his imminent future. Jack Klompus has also departed for San Francisco, and a couple of low-producing prospects are also gone. Taking their places up from the farm system are me, Robert Black and Granny PanPan, and the three of us are already making an impact. Through 13 games, we're 1st, 5th, and 9th in scoring on the Rage. Management has been open with us in not expecting to make serious League noise yet, though this is still a good season for development and this upcoming group of rookies will be critical to starting the upward climb in this rebuild. I would hope at least one of us can stay in the Rookie of the Year conversation late into the season. I was hopeful, though faded fast after 6 points in the first 3 games. I'd be happy if Black or PanPan also took it.

(196)

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

On paper, the Winnipeg Aurora haven't changed very much. To be quite honest, they're primarily the same team as before. What HAS changed is the future of the team. With such a large draft class, Ace went out and gobbled up as many picks as he could to improve the team. Ace gathered SEVEN picks in the first round, almost taking half of the top 20 players. While he didn't achieve drafting first overall, he picked up 2, 4 and 5.

This team is going to be changed entirely in about 3 seasons. And the insane part about it is that everyone is going to hit their stride right around the same time. We won't see a 1500 player and a 900 player on the same line, but 3 1300 players. It's going to be nuts.

I do worry about the future of the team when it comes to the cap situation, but the reality is that many players will go inactive, making Ace's decision that much easier. Players can be traded, or will just fall off into inactive free agency. The team is going to be a juggernaut soon.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

As a player without a team - this upcoming season is a bit of a mystery. Right now I'm waiting for offers from SHL teams before potentially moving to some other league for the season. A short deal somewhere and a return to SHL during the trade deadline could be an option. Anyways, not playing doesn't mean I'm not going to follow the league and the upcoming season. Knowing who the favorites are might sound boring to some, but for a gambler, like myself, that realization offers nice opportunity to earn some coin. Since I'm not playing, I can freely make those bets!

Naturally, betting on the favorites doesn't give you the tastiest odds. I have still put a fair bet on Hamilton winning it all. I was considering teams like Buffalo, Texas, etc, but can they truly beat Hamilton? I don't think so. Another interesting bet opportunity is the player bets. Who is going to score the most points, goals, etc? Those bets give you much better odds, even for Hamilton players as even if players in other teams might not be favorites to win the cup, they can still put up points. I still put another sizeable bet on Wilson from Hamilton on being the leading point collector this year.