Create Account

Luke's Annual Donation Goal thats SHL related

Hello All,

I guess the past 2 seasons what I did was donate a certain amount for goals reached. S60 I did it with Manhattan with donating 10 cents for every Juni Panda hit, which was $112, so I put 50 towards Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, and then 100 towards Mental Health America. S61 it was a bit more private affair, which I donated to Stomach Cancer research and CHOP again. S62 I wanted it to be more Philadelphia Related, both in the charity and the team, as this is my 2nd season on the team.

So this season I am donating $1 for every goal Philadelphia Forge scores to Every Child Deserves a Bike, that is run by the Philadelphia Flyers Alumni Organization.

For some background on this program it is

Code:
Getting our first bike, and learning to ride it, is a rite of passage: our first mode of independent transportation, something shared with family and friends. It’s a shared experience across many different cultures.

In the case of children with special needs, however, a bicycle is too often something that’s “only for other kids.”

Physical barriers and/or socioeconomic obstacles can make it impossible for these children to share in this cherished experience of youth. Adaptive bicycles built specifically for the specialized needs of children with physical and/our neurological challenges are cost-prohibitive for many families. Such bicycles can cost roughly $5,000.

As part of the Flyers’ Alumni Association’s “12 Days of Christmas Season Giving” program, our association president, Brad Marsh, worked in conjunction with Radnor, Pennsylvania-based charity Help Hope Live, to identify a family for whom we could make a gift of a customized adaptive bicycle for their special needs child.

On Dec. 24, 2020, the Flyers Alumni presented a Flyers Alumni themed, adaptive bicycle to five-year-old Lucy Brooks of Springfield, PA. To learn more about Lucy’s  story, click here.

Lucy’s joy and her family’s happiness inspired Brad Marsh to expand upon our final 2020 presentation of our 2020 version of the “12 Days of Christmas Season Giving” and create an entire new program around it.

The new program is called “Every Child Deserves a Bike.”

Each month, with an assist from  Help Hope Live and through the generosity of sponsors and Flyers fans, we will present a young recipient with the life-changing gift of his or her own bicycle tailored to the child’s needs. On our Flyers Alumni website and social media, you will meet each recipient and learn more about his or her story.

I encourage people to look at what their local hockey team or alumni are promoting as well, if you want to make a donation that will impact you locally. Looking at the NHL.com site on specific teams, Nashville has some great ones (https://www.nhl.com/predators/community/...r-programs), and I am sure there are more out there

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Dear Shl GMs please don't dress your goalies when playing the forge. 

Also Luke is a bloody good guy.

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Well heck, that's real swell of you Luke. For every shot on net his team gets while Tomas Zadina is on the ice I'll donate a dollar to a strike fund. If the Kellogg's one is still ongoing at the time I'll choose that one.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Love the idea! I will match our goal total and will be donating to St.Jude’s in honor of my younger brother! It will be 3 years Wednesday since we’ve lost him and I think this is an amazing way to have fun plus help those in need!

[Image: gurbs.gif]

:clap:

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Great stuff Luke!

Every point I get + every point the Blizzard get in the standings is $1 going towards Sick Kids Children Hospital in Toronto.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

For 231 goals scored, I donated 250 dollars, since i couldnt put in a custom amount. thanks to everyone on the other teams that let us score
[Image: Capture.PNG]

idk why it shows up at 275, lmao

Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

:gnomed:

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

11-15-2021, 06:33 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Well heck, that's real swell of you Luke. For every shot on net his team gets while Tomas Zadina is on the ice I'll donate a dollar to a strike fund. If the Kellogg's one is still ongoing at the time I'll choose that one.
So... I can't donate $475 right now. I'll do my fenwick differential (FF:475 - FA:695 = 220)

The Kellogg's union is holding a vote today. I'll donate when I know the result.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

[Image: 7LFmPy5.png]

51 points for me and 53 points for the blizzard rounded to $125

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points