Create Account

S62 PT #3- Hold this L

I’ve taken L’s on this site since I joined the league lasting to this very day. It started as a player for the Colorado Raptors, Sven was on a pretty good Colorado team that went to the playoffs as a top seed and lost in the first round. The next season the Raptors were bad and were a quick elimination. I then started as co-GM for the Raptors, ultimately becoming GM, and spent a lot of time working on the lines and tactics. We had some teams that were strong in the regular season but could never get over the playoff hump and make a deep run.

Losing has continued for Sven since joining the SHL and playing for the San Francisco Pride. He has been on some terrible teams, especially early in his career and immediately after the team’s fire sale. Even as the team has grown and gotten better, the Pride have managed to disappoint and haven’t really been able to move beyond the first round of the playoffs.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

PROMPT 2

2nd biggest L I've taken so far on this site was probably the S61 4-star cup finals where we got swept by VAN. I'd like to say it made us stronger as a group and made me a better person but truthfully it was just sad since all of the games were close and we still didn't win a single game. Am I over it? No, not until we win the 4-star. Biggest L is when I get terrible updates and then when I tell the person how to fix it, it gets worse. Has happened too many times to count and I won't get over it for a while considering I'm still updating and the issues seem to keep getting worse (if you are reading this and fixed your updates or have good updates, thank). The bad updates has molded me into a person that complains more and procrastinates more.

151 words

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank

After being kicked off the Young Guns for being old as hell and not being instantly allowed on the Grizzled Vets team like I should have been, the tournament organizers finally let me on the team I should be on because no one else wanted to face the Hall of Famers. Who could blame them though? All of these old guys might be in walkers but they can still dangle circles around us. Us Grizzled Vets took them lightly to begin and they started running up the score. Chris Partlow dominated us on the backend. Ron Mexico showed us why he's considered the best of all time. John McBride only had a few shots against but man he made us look stupid when we finally got something going. All in all, we got creamed. It wasn't close. The Hall of Famers made themselves known in this tournament and did it at our expense.

Code:
153 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Prompt 1

After a tough loss to those god dang good at hockey hall of famers team, Eric Tokke and all his fellow up and comers teammates needed to take a good long hard look in the mirror and figure out what must be done to turn the tide. These old farts sure knew a thing or two about hockey but they were old and slow…weren’t they??? Or is have purple jellybeans given old timers super powers that are incomprehensible beyond our knowledge, meanwhile also having to poop every 15 minutes. As players adjusted to no fans in the stands for one year, it took a little time to get used to seeing porta pottys so close to the ice, but whatever it takes to win am I right? Anyway, the up and comers need to use their speed and strength in numbers and depth to take down those old timers. It’s gotta be our turn to take over the league and dominate, we’ll see how it turns out

Some of my biggest L’s on this site are disappointing losses in the IIHF. I was the federation head of a very strong roster and picked up three gold medals. During the Simon T era, we won two of our three even with the more random simulation results. At the start of the FHM era, we could be very dominant with our heavy tpe numbers and bagged an early gold. However, as the seasons rolled on, we couldn’t convert dominant round robin results into the medal round. We lost out early each season even as I wanted to send off long time veterans with more medals. I couldn’t be as involved in FHM coaching with my busy real life and lack of FHM experience, so it was kind of like a slow train wreck with me as the conductor.

After all that, the W is that the federation is in new hands who can bring fresh energy and hopefully revitalize the nation results while my skater is still rosterable.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

It's never fun to lose games, especially to a team filled with old timers. Yes I know they are all hall of famers and they will be getting the call fairly soon but that even makes things worse in my opinion. We have a team full of good young players, players in their primes, and a couple of old timers like myself we should have more than enough talent to hold our own. That's not even getting into how much better we should be in the athleticism department, we should have been skating circles around them. But I have to give those fellow long time vets some credit they never panicked and seemed to always be in the right place in the right time. It doesn't help playing an entire team that knows exactly what the refs are looking for when it comes to calling penalties and little nudge here and there along with a dive once and awhile and the vets got under are skin and on the man advantage.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

PBE affiliate I am Honda on the PBE

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

Prompt #2

I've had more than my fair share of L's across the league in different playoffs series, games or on the forum arguing about absolute nonsense. I'm sure all of us have been there. I think the biggest L in my history on the league was when I was the GM of the Minnesota Chiefs around S14-18 or something around then. At the time I was this young guy coming out of a successful reign as an NWJHL GM who would then go on to be a commissioner for the league and would help it transition to the SMJHL. I think the work I put in for these positions led me to have an inflated ego and I thought I would be an absolute star in my MIN GM role but it was anything except that. The L comes in where I traded my star franchise players who were committed to the franchise for pennies. I thought I could find gems in the draft with 3rd and 4th round picks and back then we were lucky to have a clear full first round of actives. At the time I thought I was a great GM but the more I look back... the more obvious this L was.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

PROMPT 1

The Elite Up-and-Comers just skated off the ice after a monumental beatdown. The Hall of Famers squad put on an absolute display of skill, precision, and amazing accuracy. Coming into this game both teams were undefeated. We as the younger squad thought we could just use our speed and skate right passed them with ease. We came in with huge heads. Well the HoFers sure put us back in our place after losing 7-1. We didn't even score until late in the 3rd period. I think it was a gift too. Like a "Hey here you go at least you tried" goal. It did not feel good. But obviously it gives us players from S55 a lot to look at in our game and work extra hard fixing. We still only have 1 loss so as long as we go back to our game and fix the little things we should still be a top team. We are trying to look at the positive side of this loss. They ARE Hall of Famers for a reason. They are the best of the best. So next time we will be ready and next time will be different

-196 words

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Prompt 2

The biggest L that I've taken was probably in the SMJHL playoffs. No matter how good we were, no matter how well we were playing, no matter how much better than the other team we were, we could absolutely not beat the Newfoundland Berserkers. Newfoundland had our number no matter what. Better team? They'd knock us out. More momentum? They ended our postseason hopes. It almost became a running joke in the Maine locker room, if it wasn't so heartbreaking. When we would look ahead to our playoff matchups, we'd all get a chill in our spine when we'd see that Newfoundland was our projected opponent. it simply felt inevitable that regardless of how we finished the season, we would be matched up with them in the postseason with all the bad ju-ju in the galaxy. After a while, we were just resigned to our fate and tried to enjoy the inevitable backbreaking series loss that was simply unavoidable. I had some fantastic times in the Maine locker room and we were actually even able to spin that to a positive, no matter how awful and soul-crushing it ended up being for our franchise and entire roster.

197 words

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

PBE PT

G A Y H E G H O G

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

peepee poopoo

[Image: Cody-Rhodes-American-pro-wrestler-2022.jpg]

PBE affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

So, I have a pretty fun one for this. I started off pretty hot in sim leagues, going second overall in the DSFL draft and then following it up by going second overall in the ISFL draft. I joined my DSFL war room part way through the first season and helped influenced the team's direction; specifically its next several drafts. A few seasons later, I was approached about a GMing opportunity by a different ISFL team (the GMs discussed first before I was approached), and was simultaneously offered Co-GM of the team I was already on. I decided I'd like to try it with the other team as my wife played there, and I had several friends on the team already assuming my current GM could work something out. They did and I took over the job a few seasons later. A while later I decided to give the SHL a shot. I went pretty high for a first gen user in the SMJHL, at 11. Then the SHL draft rolls around and I nearly fell out of the first round, but was taken by the guy that specifically traded for me in the ISFL. With his third pick. After he picked two guys I helped draft in the DSFL.

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

There’s definitely a few ones that stand out in Minamino’s relatively young career. Actually I guess I can’t say he’s young anymore considering he’ll be entering his 10th’s season...Anyways, the earliest one has to be S54 with Newfoundland, having a tightly contested game versus Carolina and losing in 7 in the Conference finals, knowing that the winner of the series would go on to be the favorite for the cup finals. In this case Carolina moving on and winning the cup supported this idea.

The other one would be the 3-0 and 3-1 series lead that Chicago has held over Buffalo in a couple instances over the playoffs, only to fall apart late on and lose in overtime in I think, both situations. I know that has also happened with Texas to a similar degree of having a lead in a series, only to lose it and lose late in a game but it seems to be especially painful to lose to Buffalo having some connections to the team.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Prompt#1

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?
HOW THE FUCKING FUCK DID WE LOSE TO THE GOD DAMN HALL OF FAMERS AS THE SUPERSTARS?!?!?! WE ARE THE BEST OF THE BEST NOT SOME GOD DAMN WASHED UP BEACH BUMS!~
This is absolute horsesheit of the highest level, i did not grind my ass of for 2 years plus doing every god damn PT and activity check plus training plust max training plus doing jobs and writing media submitting graphics to get beat by some washed up old dingus boomers. ARe you kidding me. Was our goalie asleep, hello? Luca FFXIV endbringers doesnt come out for another 5 days how could you lose this??? Krashwagen must have been collecting graphics cards due to the global collapse of shipping lanes. This prompt will be a significant milestone in history as we transcend into a new era where the SUPERSTARS hence the name, significant of all the effort and success of the new generations, is being defeated by the ESTABLISHMENT… AKA the “Hall of Famers”. WAKE UP SHLEEPLE!!

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber