Create Account

S62 PT #4: Gearing Up

Prompt 1:

This game against the grizzled vets was a doozy I'll tell you what it took everything we had to sneak out a sick win against them in the dying minutes of the third period. Our team approached this without a care in the world really because these guys that we're playing are old and decrepit and can't skate as well as they used to. It took them paying off the refs so they could hook and interfere with us for this to even be a somewhat close game. The game ended with a score of 3-2 with Guy Zheng @goldenglutes scoring both goals for the old fucks and Pablo Salvatici, Angus McFife XVII and Paul Binder scoring for the young bucks. The biggest play of the game was Paul Binder parking himself in front of the net with under a minute left to go and Puddles O'Duck ripping a slapshot from the blueline that hit him in the ass and went in the net giving him and his team the game winning goal. After the game the team celebrated with champagne blow and hookers because they're young and can shake off the hangover for next game without any problems. They're excited for the finals and are gonna destroy them with the confidence they got from this huge win.

[Image: Jepox.gif]

The Edmonton Blizzard roster is a flawless cup contender as it is right now and I anticipate no changes. We are surely to win the first cup of seventeen consecutive this postseason with this exact roster. Memes aside, I really do anticipate a quiet deadline for us. I don't know of any pending free agents we're planning on shipping out; we're not any kind of contender with this roster full of rookies; and we're already past the point in this rebuild where we need a new wave of incoming talent and draft picks. At this point we're building for five seasons from now, and we'll need some real veterans around even when the youth movement hits its stride. So, with no one to sell, no reason to buy, and a deep prospect pool only just now starting to blossom on SHL ice, there's very little for us to do on this particular trade deadline. 

[161 words]

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

I don't remember what I said in my last post regarding our loss to the Grizzled Vets, but I feel like it had something to do with drinking all night and playing hungover. We got a little cocky an thought there was no way we could lose to these grandpas. So this time, we won't be as cocky. Playing with a hangover is impossible, but don't worry, we aren't going to play sober. We are going to drink straight through the night and do shots during intermissions. Gotta keep that Ballmer's peak going. We were out there not feeling any pain. We checked a few guys into retirement and I'm pretty sure van Otter broke his hip (poor guy). By the end of the game we were pulling our goalie just to build up their confidence, but they still couldn't score. And we didn't even put on a 6th skater, we just took our goalie out cuz he was too hammered to stand up. Just as we thought, there was no way we could lose.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2021, 07:38 PM by st4rface.)

PROMPT #2

Dragons had their hardest schedule in the first half of season and we thought other half will be much easier. However, it looks like it won't be like that. We were even as high as 5th place in the entire league at one point, but now we have fell down a bit - 8th. It won't be easy, but I'm sure that Dragons will be able to get back to 5th or at least 6th spot.

I don't think that Dragons will make any trades though. We have a good young core and few seniors who can help with their experience aswell. It looks like we might end up in Play-Offs versus Los Angeles Panthers, San Francisco Pride, Minnesota Monarchs or Seattle Argonauts.

All of these teams are very close to us in our conference and to be honest - everything can happen. Of course, we hope to end up versus San Francisco Pride, because it might be a bit easier opponent, but we are ready to fight versus any team which ends up playing versus us. Our goal is to get championship!

181 words

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

WSBL Affiliate - user Laser

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

ISFL Affiliation

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Prompt 1:

The grizzled vets was a good matchup for us because I think we best know what to expect from these guys. The young gun have lots to give and still have a few surprises up their sleeve. The grizzled vets have more talent across them, but all of us guys on the superstars have been watching them for more than a decade now. Their game is good, but we know it inside and out. With our talents and younger legs, we knew we could get it done.

The 4-2 was pretty textbook as far as wins go, it was just a game of minimizing our mistakes in the defensive zone while trying to use our stamina to our advantage. As expected, a tight game early on opened up a bit as the vets got tired. A 2-1 squeaker at the end of the third quickly became 4-1 for the superstars as we fell back into tight defensive coverage to close it out. Not the most exciting hockey for the fans, but we got it done. We celebrated by studying Hall of Famers' game tape, because I have a feeling we're going to have to endure that storm one more time if we want to win it all.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

The Seattle Argonauts have had a bumpy road to get to where they're at this season. On paper, the Argos are a bit below the pre-season expectations, but all in all, they've managed to hold their weight in the Pacific division. Goaltending needs to come up big for the team in this final stretch of the season, and the rest of the team has to continue to play up to par.

So far, Reid Sutherland and Kriss Darzins have been absolutely exceptional and I would expect them both to get all star nods for the season. Reid leads this team in points at a well over point per game pace, and Darzins is currently at a point per game pace. Another huge contributor to the team is the Argonauts' big free agent acquisition Bobby Sharp, who has put up 35 points in 50 games as of right now.

One big name that absolutely has to step up is Vaseline Podcalzone. Pod is playing at a respectable pace, but he absolutely has to come up big for the team in the next 16 games.

WC: 186

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

We're through to the Finals! We pulled off the comeback win against the Grizzled Vets. It was definitely much closer than our first game against them. In that game, we were outskilled, outworked, and outscored. In that first game, they used their greater experience to toy with us. But we learn quick. We lulled them into a false sense of security and then used that to our advantage. Nonetheless, it was a close game. We had a game plan and stuck to it. They might outsmart us, but we could skate circles around them. We made sure to use that speed to our advantage from the opening faceoff. They adapted well, but we stuck through it. We scored first, guess who did? Not me unfortunately. Cian McFelter came clutch this game. Not only did he get us the opening goal, he got us the primary assist on Robert Feltersnatch's game winning goal. Our goalie came clutch as well, earning us the 2-1 win. On to the Finals! Do we know our Finals opponent?

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

PT Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

This season, Seattle have been the textbook definition of streaky! Some absolutely brutal losses (8-2 to Hamilton for example) juxtaposed with some outstanding wins (5-1 over Hamilton, also for example) have put them in an interesting position. The Pacific Division is still pretty tight, although not as tight as it was when I did my look back on the first part of the season! Seattle sit 4th currently, only 3 points behind the Pride, at time of writing. That is far from an insurmountable gap, and one that could close in the matter of a single sim, although it’s just as likely to open up! The big thing Seattle is lacking at the moment, is a real difference maker. At the moment, they are very much middle of the road in terms of goals scored and goals conceded, in fact their current goal difference is +1. Only LA have a better GD in the division, but having either a huge goal scorer, Darzins being the top scorer with 21 goals in 50 games, or a stronger defense/goaltender combo, to keep the Goals Against down would go a long way to making this team stand out.

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Almost at the end of this seasons regulation, Calgary are doing pretty much fine. Being relatively highly ranked in the standings, they seem to have secured yet another tickets for their players for the postseason. Not much needs to be made, Calgary's young and coming roster just needs some tweaks here and there, we need to pair the correct players together and assign their roles correctly, in order to get a deep playoff run this season, which they surely have the potentials for

Because of the heavy rivalry, and the pure fact that Calgary has faced Edmonton twice in the playoffs in the last two seasons, I think Calgary will face Edmonton in the first round of playoffs. Meanwhile on the other matchup of our group the LA Panthers will face Seattle Argonauts with what seems to be a complete stomp. With all being said, Calgary is looking forward to playoffs with greater intensity than before, led by Wally.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Prompt 1.

As discussed previously, our previous embarrassing lost really kicked us all into high gear. We started limiting the video games, and started really giving it our all during the practice. With that effort we were really able to develop our team chemistry and develop some nice strategies heading into the tournament. The Grizzled Vets are a good group of folks, but we are IN OUR PRIME! Those guys didn't stand a chance. Getting up in years, they were often a step slow on defense and we were able to take advantage. The final score ended up being 4-1, and I was really happy with the defense I was able to play. So now we are triumphantly heading into the finals, fresh off a decisive victory. We can't get overconfident, though. A lot of work to do to get prepared for this next matchup. We are certainly the favorites going into this matchup, but we need to continue to play at a high level so there's no doubt that we belong there.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

WSBL PT

[Image: hopoate.png]

Whew for a second there I thought I was on team grizzled vets because well, that's where my current player would be, until I remembered that for the purpose of this tournament I actually chose Team Hall Of Famers. Is guess that's what happens when you get up there in age and it's getting time to upload your conciousness into a tournament like this one here... So alright then, let's get at it Vets! As a matter of fact, this win felt surprisingly easy for us... We struggled against the Superstars in the Round Robin and to our surprise, the young up and comers also gave us a run for our money at times as well. But the Grizzled Vets are basically the same kind of team that we are, just not as good. They are also built on experience and skill and instincts that have been honed over decades, not just as much of it as on a team where every single player is a Hall of Famer. It was basically the best match-up that couldn't happen to us in the Semis, even though I was still a bit surprised to see us move on with such ease in a 4-1 game.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]