Create Account

First Round Playoff Season Matchups and Prediction

Stars Toronto (7) vs (2) Buffalo Stampede
These division rivals matched off 6 times this season.
3 - 7 | 2 - 6 | 2 - 5 | 3 - 4 (OT) | 5 - 0 | 3 - 4
Buffalo took the season series 5-1, and one of the wins was in over time. Only 2 of the games were 1 score games and buffalo out scored Toronto 26 - 18 in their seasonal games, which includes a 5-0 win for Toronto. Buffalo has the Second most goals scored this season, where Toronto is 11th, but Toronto has surrendered the 5th least amount of goals, vs Buffalo coming 7th in that category. For a chance Toronto will need to rely heavily on their D to shut down Buffalo's high scoring forwards, and Carpy will need to bail them out of a few games.
Prediction: Buffalo in 5.

Blizzard Edmonton (8) vs (1) Chicago syndicate
These two matched up 4 times in the regular season.
0 - 2 | 2 - 5 | 2 - 3 | 2 - 5
Chicago swept the season series 4-0, and really stifled Edmonton's offence. Outscoring them 15 - 6, and only 1 of the games was a 1 goal game this series is very heavily tilted towards Chicago. As the top seeded team in the league this may come as no surprise. Edmonton is 12th in the league in goals scored, where Chicago takes the cake in first. Chicago remains first in the league for least amount of goals surrendered, and Edmonton lines up 17th, the worst of all the playoff teams.
Prediction: Chicago in 4

Wolfpack New England (5) vs (3) Hamilton Steelhawks
Back to Division rivals and 6 sample games to pull from.
3 - 2 | 7 - 6 (OT) | 3 - 8 | 0 - 8 | 3 - 4 | 2 - 9
This series was a pretty high scoring one. Hamilton took it 4 games to 2 in the end and outscored New England 37 - 18. That's correct, Hamilton averaged over 6 goals per game where New England managed 3 on the dot. One of New England's wins came in overtime in a high scoring game. I think this is going to be an extremely high octane series and very exciting with the most goals out of any of the first round match ups. I think Hamilton over whelms New England in the end. New England can score, 6th in the league in goals for, and 9th in goals allowed. Not bad numbers. Hamilton is 3rd in goals scored and 4th in allowed. Even better numbers.
Prediction: Hamilton in 5

Forge Philadelphia (6) vs (4) Tampa Bay Barracuda
It looks like there were 7 games between these two!
1 - 2 | 6 - 3 | 5 - 7 | 4 - 5 (SO) | 2 - 3 (SO) | 1 - 4 | 3 - 1
Tampa came away with 2 shutout wins against Philly. Swing those the other way and Philly wins the season series 4 - 3. However remove them and Tampa wins 3 - 2. Overall they win the season series 5 - 2. While those games may be close and this series could be seen as a potential upset, I don't think there is enough evidence from the regular season to put much weight into that idea. I think Tampa will win this series, but we might get some exciting overtime games on the way there. Philly has actually outscored Tampa Bay this season, the 8th highest team in this stat with 231, and Tampa Bay came in 10th (tied) with 214. Goals against is flipped with the Barracuda finishing 6th, with the Forge in 10th.
Prediction: Tampa Bay in 6

Inferno Atlanta (8) vs (1) Baltimore Platoon
Another divisional rivals with 6 games to look back on.
3 - 4 | 2 - 6 | 1 - 5 | 3 - 0 | 1 - 3 | 3 - 4 (SO)
Baltimore wins the season series 5 - 1, including the last one going to a shootout. Atlanta is going to be laying it all on the ice, but I think Baltimore is going to smother them with their ability to score from any line. Baltimore finished 4th in league scoring with Atlanta 11 spots below them at 15. Goals Against is very similar with Baltimore hanging on to 3rd, and Atlanta keeping pace at 15.
Prediction: Baltimore in 5

Argonauts Seattle (5) vs (4) Calgary Dragons
Here we have another 7 games to go through from the season
4 - 1 | 4 - 5 (SO) | 8 - 4 | 5 - 4 (SO) | 1 - 4 | 1 - 4 | 1 - 4
Calgary came from behind to win the last 3 games of this series by the score of 4 - 1 each time. Talk about exciting, imagine if a playoff series could mimic that. In the end a 4 - 3 series score for Calgary, and 2 games being decided in shootout makes this a close one, but I have to think maybe Calgary managed to figure something out because those last three games they were able to stifle a very potent Seattle offence. I think you have to go with the hot hand in a series that almost seems determined to go the distance. Calgary finished the season 9th for goals scored, Seattle was 5 total scored behind them and one place at 10th. Goals Against these two are again neck and neck, Seattle coming in 11th, Calgary 12. Only 2 separated them, and a total differential of 3.
Prediction: Calgary in 7

pride San Francisco (6) vs (3) Los Angeles Panthers
6 Games to decipher between these division rivals.
2 - 7 | 3 - 5 | 5 - 4 | 1 - 4 | 0 - 2 | 1 - 2
I've been saying this for what I feel is all season, but I feel San Francisco should be better than they have shown on the ice this season. But with that in mind, the fact that playoff games are indeed played on the ice, and Los Angeles (hey, this series features two teams with multiple words in their location!) took the series 5 games to 1, I think the result of the playoffs will be similar. Could be a fun HTT with half of their cast matching up against each other in this series as well. San Francisco was 14th in the league scoring to Los Angeles 7th. LA takes 8th for allowed, and 13 for San Francisco.
Prediction: Los Angeles in 5

Monarchs Minnesota (7) vs (2) Texas Renegades
Yet another match up with 7! These division rivals give us a lot to dig into.
1 - 5 | 4 - 5 (SO) | 2 - 5 | 3 - 4 | 3 - 2 (SO) | 0 - 3  | 3 - 7
Minnesota is a team who I feel has been punching up all season. Unfortunate for them they are matched up against a Powerhouse in Texas, who walked all over them in the season series, 6 - 1, with the solo win for the Monarchs in the Shootout. Texas added a SO win of their own in the other close game of the series, but I think this one is decisively in Texas's favour. Minnesota finished in 13th league scoring, and 16th in allowed. Texas finished 5th in scoring and second in goals allowed.
Prediction: Texas in 4

I hope you enjoyed my quick preview and description. In my head I wanted to compare things like Special Teams and lines, but I took all my data from the index.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

12-05-2021, 07:37 PMCementHands Wrote: Argonauts Seattle (5) vs (4) Calgary Dragons
Here we have another 7 games to go through from the season
4 - 1 | 4 - 5 (SO) | 8 - 4 | 5 - 4 (SO) | 1 - 4 | 1 - 4 | 1 - 4
Calgary came from behind to win the last 3 games of this series by the score of 4 - 1 each time. Talk about exciting, imagine if a playoff series could mimic that. In the end a 4 - 3 series score for Calgary, and 2 games being decided in shootout makes this a close one, but I have to think maybe Calgary managed to figure something out because those last three games they were able to stifle a very potent Seattle offence. I think you have to go with the hot hand in a series that almost seems determined to go the distance. Calgary finished the season 9th for goals scored, Seattle was 5 total scored behind them and one place at 10th. Goals Against these two are again neck and neck, Seattle coming in 11th, Calgary 12. Only 2 separated them, and a total differential of 3.
Prediction: Calgary in 7

Time to stock up on heart attack medication. Again.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

New England is destined to run into a monster in the first round no matter what. It's just absolute pain.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

Dragons Dragons Dragons

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

good article!

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

if we can win the first round the 2nd round should be a breeze

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]