Create Account

S62 PT#5: Champion???

Simmer PT pass

PBE PT

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 08:56 PM by raymond3000.)

Prompt 2

The Texas Renegades finished the season sixty two regular season in second place in the western conference, which was also second place in the central division behind their rival Chicago Syndicate. This meant that their first round matchup in the playoffs was the Minnesota Monarchs. The Renegades easily dispatched their green and gold foe, with Minnesota only winning one game thanks to a heroic performance from their young goaltender. Then to no ones surprise, the Renegades faced off against the Syndicate during the second round of the playoffs. Despite dropping the first two games in the series, the Renegades stormed back to take the next four games in a row, advancing to the conference finals. There they met the Los Angeles Panthers, who they proceeded to sweep in a series which was tighter than the results indicated. For the second season in a row, the Challenge cup finals was contested between the Renegades and the Steelhawks. Though this time it was the Renegades who would prevail thanks in large part to a MVP performance by goaltender Cillian Kavanagh.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

WSBL CW

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 09:31 PM by DELIRIVM.)

Prompt #2 - 

Beating the Atlanta Inferno to start out the playoffs would be nice. Being able to get the team going before the tougher teams come calling. I like most of the Atlanta squad but they're good warm up material for the Baltimore Platoon. After that it would be taking out the Tampa Bay Barracuda. For the longest time we had to hear that the Barracuda would be the class of the Atlantic and the team to beat. Everyone hyped them up and since then they've only lost to us in the playoffs last season and finished behind Baltimore this season. So beating them this season would just be another feather in the cap. Next would be Buffalo. Hamilton is a fantastic team but I think Buffalo is the most well rounded team in the East outside of the Platoon. I think taking them out in a series would be perfection and set us up for a very difficult but entertaining cup finals against the Chicago Syndicate. Chicago benefitted from playing in a very easy Western Conference, so being able to punch them in the mouth for a cup win would be the best time. 

[193 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

https://worldsimbasketball.jcink.net/ind...st&p=12206

If I had to pick the perfect playoff tree for Baltimore, I would stack the odds heavily against our opponents. No one should be saying they want to play Hamilton, Buffalo or Chicago. That is psychotic. Who cares about actually earning series wins? My perfect bracket starts with moving Winnipeg to the East. By moving Winnipeg to the East, we get an easy layup in round one. Obviously Baltimore wins that series in 4. Next we will line up against Montreal. A team just as bad as Winnipeg but hey, who cares? Another sweep. The next series is against the Manhattan Rage, who are getting a bit better each season but aren't there yet. Can you guess how long this series goes? Another sweep. In the finals we'll give ourselves a bit more of a challenge, the loveable losers the San Francisco Pride. They will actually take a game in this series. Five games instead of four. Baltimore wins the cup, Oliver Cleary wins MVP, everyone is happy.

Code:
168 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Code:
Written Task: You decide! This is your story, if you've made it this far congrats. Now is the time to decide the fate of your player and your team. Describe the game, the big moments, and let us know whether you win or lose! Make it dramatic.(150+ words)

I have not been in the SHL big game in nearly 10 seasons now, but I will always remember the joy my first ever trip there brought, to win my first ever challenge cup back in season 45 was a special experience that I would not trade for many things. I know this is just a game to enjoy with your friends, but the competitive spirit in me will always be elated whenever I get to claim myself as the best even if just for one season. The joy you feel as a manager for helping 15 or more of your friends reach the pinnacle of the league is a feeling unlike many others. Ultimately it is a feeling that is not easily replaced in the league, I have won everything there is to win in the league outsider of individual awards, and none come anywhere close to the feeling of winning the cup with your pals.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Prompt 2:

So I'm gonna take a few words of my prompt to say I really enjoyed the 2nd level prompts this year Slash and you will be missed as Director. I really did enjoy what you brought to the table and you definitely are gonna force the next person to up their game to compete. As far as the playoffs, I am just stoked we beat Calgary. As a member of Seattle, were still finding our feet so to speak so if we can get past LA I think we've got a real chance to shake up the establishment a bit. I don't like playing the 'what if' game, if only because I think that leads to heartbreak and animosity and I think we can all do with a little less of that in our little edge of the world don't you think? But yeah, I think Seattle is finally coming into its own as a franchise and the next few years will be something special.

Prompt 2 (loosely):

My playoff bracket is like some metaphorical, spiritual playoff bracket where the current me plays off against all previous iterations of my teams. It starts off with my current team in New Orleans which represents a recent fresh start with many familiar faces. We start against the weakest teams that I played on during Winnipeg rebuilds. They represent times where it wasn't easy to show up every week and see constant loss, but I stuck through it for my long time teammates and friends. There is some bittersweet triumph as the beautiful butterfly emerges from the cocoon crucible.

I'm not sure how to write the middle storyline here. Maybe there is a montage of beach volleyball and like drinking at the same bar each week. But then the bar is being foreclosed and we have to win the big cheese so they can stay open. We persevere for them.

The finals are against me at my peak, the one time I actually made it to the finals with the Jets and we lost to Buffalo. That me comes to the rink with all kinds of points in the regular season and an appearance in a championship week prompt. They are obviously the more skilled team and they wear sunglasses and get chicks. As expected by FHM standards, they pump us with a hard 12-1 loss. The bar closes down, but it turns out the real challenge cup is the friends we made along the way.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

In this alternate reality, the Baltimore platoon completely sweep their way to a challenge cup victory. In the very first round the platoon went up against the Los Angeles Panthers cus fuck it divisions don't matter. The platoon won the first 4 games but decided to give the panthers a chance with a winner takes all match. the platoon won that 589 to 2 to move on to round 2. in the 2nd round they played The Nevada Battleborne because Fuck it leagues don't matter. The battleborn scared the platoon, scoring the first goal of the series, but then the platoon scored twenty seven thousand two hundred and twenty two goals to win the series in a single game. in the conference finals the platoon play against the leagues top dogs, the deplorables! They all came back from the dead to do more deplorable things and form a team that would ultimately lose again. In the finals, the PLatoon faced off against a super team of HO members. they tried to change the rules last second to help them win, but it wasn't enough to stop the five hundred and six million goals the platoon would score in each game to win the series.

San Francisco’s first round matchup was the Los Angeles Pride, a division rival that the Pride struggled with during the regular season. Despite going down early 3 games to 1, the Pride stormed back to tie the series and force a game 7. The game 7 was held in Los Angeles and it was never close. The Pride first line of Sven Svenson, HLO, and Klompus got out to a hot start, scoring a goal in the opening 30 seconds of the opening 30 seconds of the game. They continued to pour it on from there and won the game 7-1. Next up was another division rival, the Seattle Argonauts. SFP swept the Argo’s, but every game was close and two games went to overtime. In the conference finals the Pride faced off against the fearsome Chicago Syndicate. San Francisco was on a Cinderella run that everyone expected to end, but the Pride battled their way to a 4-2 series win on the backs of their now dominant first line. In the finals, the Pride faced off against league villans Hamilton Steelhawks. It was a back and forth, high octane series but the Pride won it in OT Game 7. Sven Svenson scored the game winning goal and all was right in the world.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Willie can’t believe it. His entire life has been leading up to this moment and now he is just seconds away from taking the ice. This is it, by far the biggest game he has played in. The puck drops and Willie’s team takes an immediate one goal lead. The score held for the rest of the first period until the Willie’s netted another goal! Two to nothing! Almost immediately the Superstars fired back with a goal of their own. Now only up by one, the Willie’s had to hold onto something, and that something was Willie Miller. After 25 more minutes of ice time, every fan in the arena was sure the Willie’s would break, but lo and behold, they did not! The game would end up two to one as Willie stonewalled the rest of the shot attempts from the Superstars and shut down the explosive offense up against him. The Willie’s were winners. The Willie’s were champions.

wc: 160

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

Prompt 2.

I will say I wish I did the prompt 1s, they seemed fun but I missed the first one. Since we're already partially thought round 2, we already know some of the path CHI would have to take to win the cup. We swept EDM in round 1, and are currently 2-0 against TEX right now. The latter of that statement is the most surprising to me, as I think we are more or less equal to TEX, and their CF% and TPE were actually better than ours during the regular season, so I woulnd't be surprised if this series to still go 7. I expect that this semi final will be the most competitive series out of the West, however if LAP continues their current pace through the playoffs, the conference finals will also be a close matchup. Our key to success is the exact same thing that propelled us through the regular season - we pretty much rely on record setting goaltending from Mat, as well as record setting offense from nham.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

PBE Affiliate

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]