PT Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Prompt 2:

I was really tempted to complain about the lack of graphic prompts offered in the PTs... Instead I will write about something that I would really like to see change (not that anyone will actually read this). Graphic competition participation. Carpy and the graphics team spend a lot of time and effort putting together graphic competitions and the few people who enter put a tonne of effort into creating what they can for the comp. The last Pro/Am contest was awesome! There were so many people entering there was hype around the contest and lots of chat about the different entries. I would love to see more of the community participate in the contests to build that same level of excitement instead of the team having to reduce the number of participant spots due to lack of interest like they had to in the latest contest. If you would like to participate in the contests but there is something stopping you head to the graphics discord and let people know I am sure they would be receptive to the feedback.

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2021, 05:55 PM by Carpy48.)

Prompt 2

While I feel like venting that the league is broken and I don't see a way to fix it (now, not in 5 seasons), I don't have the energy for it and everytime I do that I feel like I'm talking against a wall anyway. I'm happy about the season I've had, especially since it likely(?) will be the last good one in my career the way things are looking right now. At least I can say I led the league in shutouts two seasons in a row now, that's not too bad. I think now it’s been 100 words - more or less?

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Prompt 2

I came into the season with pretty low expectations. It is better to be prepared for the lows and be pleasantly surprised by the highs. Thankfully those low expectations were put to rest with the success of the season for the boats. We managed to almost secure top spot in the SMJHL despite losing our top scorer last season to call-ups. What was the cherry on top was that Jarrow managed to replace that scorer as the teams top point producer. He went from a .5 ppg average to a 1.0 ppg in his second season. Although not everything was roses as his line struggled in the defensive end however Simons line made up for that by being defensive beasts.

It was also a great season as far as getting to know my new and future teammates in the Aurora locker room. Really Goldblooming it up in there. I have no complaints in my first two seasons in this league and can't wait to see what the future holds for good old Captain Spack Jarrow.

[ 180 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Prompt 2

Not really a vent but I just wanna talk about something that’s super fun, the league. This year has been really fun to me and I’m not entirely sure why. Maybe it’s because I’m finally in the SHL so I get to see Evgeni play games towards a hopefully future Hall of Fame career. There’s been some really fun stuff on the site this year as well, like I’ve really been loving the connected PT prompts over the entire season to give people a chance to build a story and showcase some creative writing skills, stuff like that goes a long way and keeps players around long term.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

so I'm combining the two prompts a little, so this is basically prompt 2.

I rolled with the story in PT#1, but the actually games didn't fit my narrative too well, so I didn't do the rest. I'm gonna give that first PT a finale now.

PT#1

With the announcement of THE GAME, The SHL technological department has attracted the attention of the Czech Security Information Service and State Security. In the ever demanding pursuit of IIHF gold, the Czech's will stop at nothing in order to defeat their opponents, and THE GAME offers a unique opportunity. With the consciousnesses of dozens of professional players, superstars and legends all in one place, the opportunity to acquire the metadata of these cerebral "photo copies" is far too appealing for the Czech intelligence services to pass up, and with it, further the Czech's super soldier program in making the greatest hockey player of all-time.

Agent Petr Svoboda has been chosen to take part in the program, as a part of the Up-and-Comers team. His teammates are not the focus, but rather the Superstars, Grizzled Vets, and the Hall-of-Famers are ripe with surely useful data to steal. The rosters have yet to be announced, but should just a few big names like Mitchell van der Heijden, Martijn Westbroek, and Theo Morgan, not to mention hall of famers such as VLAD McZehrl, Carter O'Callahan, and Jay McDonald be added to the database, our agents simply must get a hand on the project and wrest it from under the league.

With regards to this, Petr has been given the resources to learn more about the physical facilities that may have house the hardware which contains THE GAME and as well as being given the permission to pursue any means to ensure our operation succeeds.

PT#6: Prompt 2

It is in the early morning hours. Petr Svoboda was invited to the facility which houses THE GAME earlier in the week, along with dozens of other hockey players, greats from the past and present, except Petr kept an eye open as he learned as much as he could about the facility. What he learned was to be used for when he would return and infiltrate the facility at just this hour. Seemingly innocent questions to pry key details from the facility's staff was all it took for Petr to know what he needed to know, and now here we are: Petr strolling casually out of the facility which he just broke into, no alarms raised, no evidence left behind except a point of entry and stolen data. Now the Czech hockey federation, no, the Czech Nation has even more tools at its disposal.

Victory was always certain, domination is just insurance.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

If you're wanting me to vent, I feel like you are opening up a whole can of worms. The venting this season is easy as we talk about those TERRIBLE cheaters in Vancouver. This was Nevada's season. It was supposed to be easy dubs. a 4-0 like the league had never seen. Nevada was clearly the best team after dominating everyone all season and then Vancouver just shows up like they're good or something. They clearly cheated because its the only way they could beat a DOMINANT force like Nevada. I'll figure out how and report it to HO, but until then be aware this win is a farce! smh

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

PBE Affiliate

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

so one of my favorite things now about the shl is gen chat, and that i'm working hard to make it kind of a cool and fun place to be and to hang out in. its not always perfect right now, and there are definitely places to improve, so if you have any ideas please pop in my DMs to let me know, and we can totally work on implementing those things. but the reality is i took that job because the SHL is important to me. I haven't been here long but I love the people that I've met here and I love the things that I've gotten to do and the way that everything works. Its just kind of a big family and home and it makes me happy.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Prompt 2- One thing I am really disappointed about with the SHL is the new regression scale. While I appreciate the head office taking the community’s feedback after their initial post about the changes to regression at the end of the regular season I am still pretty disappointed that Mats Marner will lose his season at the top of the league at that was projected to be a season where he would be over two thousand one hundred tpe. While I understand the league’s rational for the changes behind the new much harsher regression scale that starts earlier, it was unfortunate that the season fifty four class is going to be the one’s that will first experience the ninth season regression and miss their spot being solely at the top of the league tpe wise.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Ya know there's one thing that distinctly bothers me that I've come to realize. If you're a favored person, people will give you the benefit of the doubt at all times about everything. But if you aren't, you're fucked. Screw you, doesn't matter that something may be going on for you. It's unacceptable for you to have an off day, or for you to be in a bad space.

Other people, fine for them. They deserve it. They've earned it. You, you deserve suffering and hatred, right?

It's ridiculous the double standards people have around here. They care only about a select few, and a lot of whom that they really, REALLY do not know no matter how much they love to think they do. And they put these people on pedestals, the infallible people even when they very much are. And when you call out that they are, you are attacked and doomed basically. This is the hivemind that the SHL has been growing toward for a while, and truthfully, a place I don't know that I want to be. At some point, get over yourselves. At some point, kill them with kindness doesn't fucking work. At some point, get a backbone and say something controversial and I mean truly controversial and stick to you fuckin guns.

Sometimes you have to take a shot to make some noise, but then again, everyone wants to be in a library around here it feels.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2021, 09:29 PM by st4rface.)

PROMPT 2

Well, this season was pretty weird. It wasn't bad and it wasn't good either. Dragons did a good job in regular season, but didn't take first round in Play-Offs too serious. Season was decent and we're on to the next one, because this is the one we can win it all. However, site got worse. PT's aren't that good as it was few seasons ago, plus, we have new and much worse regression scale which is just disrespectful to users who spend a lot of time and work to improve their player. That just made me understand that after this player - I won't create another one. However, season was a solid 6/10 individually, team wise and just SHL as a project.

122 words

Stars Stars Stars

Prompt 2:
Honestly the best two things about this site are the banking and the Philadelphia locker room. The banking is the easiest among all sim leagues hands down and I look forward to the day we can implement that in the other leagues that I am in. As for Philadelphia, the Forge are probably the best put together locker room that I have maybe ever been in. There's a sense of community and togetherness that I haven't seen many other places. I may not always be around because of my other responsibilities, but when I am, I enjoy fucking around playing trivia and the RPG bot as well as just shooting the shit in general.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Burlok is in his peak season, so I guess if he's going on any team it's the Superstars, though it doesn't exactly feel fitting for him. I think he feels pretty out of place loading into the simulation and seeing guys like Jobin on his team with armfuls of challenge cups-- or Steve Harrington who might be on pace to lead the league in all time TPE-- or Edward Williams, his own teammate in Texas, that has racked up award after award his whole career-- or Zoltan Topalo, who I hear is pretty good on Tampa Bay.

I think his first practice is pretty lack luster. I think he's stuck in his head, not feeling like he really belongs there. Fumbles a lot of pucks, turns the wrong way on a lot of drills. It's a tough day for Burlok. He catches himself wondering why he isn't an up and comer, but then realizing that he's been playing professional hockey for ten years. Ouch.

In our first game, the Superstars were just able to take home the win against the up and comers. Naturally we have a bit more experience, and we're largely very well rounded as players, so we were the favourite going in. The game plan was to just keep the game on lockdown for the first forty minutes and let our skills eek us out a lead. Then the last period was just about weathering the storm against a group of amazing young talent.

We might be at the top of our game right now, but the superstars are still what, 28-32? We're not old and we're good, but you just can't compete on stamina with guys that are 18-24. Even if we know we're better overall, they'll just keep coming. So while it felt like we mostly had the game under control, the back third was a little more hectic for sure. I definitely noticed our guys getting back to the bench a little more winded than theirs were. But we had enough in the tank and our goalie bailed us out on our mistakes. A good win, but a tough one.

As the tournament continued, I think the superstars just got too big for their britches. I don't think anyone REALLY knew what to expect coming in to this, but with a name like Superstars you have to think you're a favourite. Of course the hall of famers sound good too, but as we all expected they're... well... old. We were played tight by everyone all tournament but we were always clearly the better team. This time around it was different.

Maybe the simulation gave them their old powers back? I shudder to think what other entities would be capable of returning them to the form they're in, but regardless of the means used they are back and they are in fighting shape. They have the experience and knowledge of hall of famers but the bodies of young guns. We weren't ready for it, and they came blasting out of the gate. We went down 3-0 in the first and just couldn't catch up. Once we knew what we were up against things started to even out, but their lead was too much and their skills too good. We ended up losing 5-1.

Given that we lost the last two periods by a score of 2-1, I think we could have a chance if we come prepared next time. If they don't catch us by surprise, it'll be a real war.

In the next game, the Grizzled Vets were a good matchup for us because we knew what to expect from them. The Young Guns have lots to give and still have a few surprises up their sleeve. The Grizzled Vets have more talent across them, but all of us guys on the Superstars have been watching them for more than a decade now. Their game is good, but we know it inside and out. With our talents and younger legs, we knew we could get it done.

The 4-2 outcome was pretty textbook as far as wins go, it was just a game of minimizing our mistakes in the defensive zone while trying to use our stamina to our advantage. As expected, a tight game early on opened up a bit as the vets got tired. A 2-1 squeaker at the end of the third quickly became 4-1 for the superstars as we fell back into tight defensive coverage to close it out. Not the most exciting hockey for the fans, but we got it done. We celebrated by studying Hall of Famers' game tape, because I have a feeling we're going to have to endure that storm one more time if we want to win it all.

And of course, as the tournament comes to close... our fears became real. Our whole team is nervous going up against the Hall of Famers for the championship because we clearly remember what happened last time. It's like playing against the Monstars minus the body horror. The only difference is that this time we know what to expect, and we know that if we play perfectly we can hang with them. While this simulation in a simulation seems to have given them some of their youth back, they still have a stamina curve similar to the Grizzled Vets. So if we can weather the first two periods, the third is really our chance.

That was the plan of course, but somehow we still weren't ready. They put one past us on the second shift of the game, and we were down 1-0 in under two minutes. That goal was the kick in the ass we needed though, and we stayed with them for the rest of the first.

The second was an absolute war of a period, with nobody giving an inch. During one of our penalty kills, an unfortunate broken stick when O'Shea tried to clear our zone put us in awkward positioning. They capitalized again, and we were down 2-0 half way through the second. The sound of Jobin cracking his stick off the post was what we needed to really start our offensive push, and from there to the end of the period that's what we did. We had them in their zone for huge stretches, culminating in Duncan smashing one home in front as I was just barely able to sweep it into the crease from behind the net. End of the period, we're down 2-1.

Unfortunately for the Hall of Famers, we kept our press up for the third too. Jobin helped us catch them on a bad line change with an unexpected stretch pass that hit Sutherland perfectly at their blue line. Streaking in alone, he went five-hole to tie the game. If we were starting to get tired from our relentless attack, all of that went away when we were back in position to win.

I gotta be honest, our last-minute winning goal was pretty amazing... I just wish I could say I was on the ice for it. It doesn't always happen like the movies, ya know? Sometimes you play a great game top to bottom, but when the storybook moment happens, you just happen to be on the pine. Ah well.

Anyways, in the final minute, Timonen made a great block in front of our net, kicking off a huge scrum in the slot as the puck bounced around. Everyone was throwing cross checks and tackling anyone in an opposing jersey to try and get the puck to safety. It shot out back towards the Hall of Famers D, which sprung Topalo into a footrace against their D. He was able to corral it and fight them off his back to get it deep into their zone and frozen in the corner. Taking slash after slash, he bought time until a hobbling Timonen was able to join the attack. Topalo managed to kick it back to him, he caught a glimpse of Williams who came off the bench and into the zone like he was fired out of a cannon. The Hall of Famers weren't able to pick him up fast enough, and he ripped a shot top corner with 25 seconds left to cap off the tournament.

I was going wild on the bench, and we got to leave the simulation as grand champions.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]