Create Account

Lesgo Brandon's Rookie Review Presser
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2022, 05:28 PM by Dhoop.)

Well rookie year in the books. Fire some questions and we will see how my first presser goes!

Quote:@brickwall35 Asks:

What team would you most like to be drafted by? Least interested in?
I honestly will be happy where ever I go lol its my style. I do really like the EDM scheme and logo and the fit in MTL and CGY would be good. I can't say I have a least favorite, but BUF would be tough personally because im not a bison fan lol but I am a Packer fan so colors are fine.

Quote:@r1c3bowl22 Asks:

Do you have a favourite moment of your rookie season?

Anyone on the team surprise you with their play?

How did you enjoy your own player's performance?

If you could choose your linemates on Anaheim, who would they be?

Anything about SHL you'd like to see change?

Favourite non-SHL pastime?
1. I would say favorite moment was being drafted by ANA, especially as high as I did at 2OA. For a 1st Gen it means a lot having a team believe in you like that.
2. This one is tough I feel we all played well, I guess Drakocarr played stout as a rookie, big presence back on the blue line and racking up the hits. 
3. I feel Lesgo played well. I did have to tweak the road for my build a tad but in the end the trend was going up and I liked how it looked.
4. Well with the departure of McHits i think a solid first line would be Lesgo, Gill, Creller. 
5. I have had no issues at all so far, i have loved this site and community since joining. Maybe a quick turn around on getting TPE out from PT's sometimes I feel backlog and im sitting on 5-6 PTs waiting on.
6. Snowmobiling in the winter, golf in the summer. Smile

Quote:@sköldpaddor Asks:

Wanna tell us a little about that player name?
Lol though I don't dicuss politics so don't worry about stirring things up in the LR. It is from the viral interview with a NASCAR driver who won a race. The fans were all chanting "F*ck Joe Biden" and the woman conducting the ntervew was like "oh they are chanting your name, Lets Go Brandon" lol so republicans took to it to make it the code now for F*ck Joe Biden. LETS GO BRANDON.

Quote:@Vaxlare Asks:

If you could be any animal which would you chose and why?

Who has been your biggest influence in the ANA LR?
I would say Eagle. I find them majestic and it would be amazing to fly.

This is tough, everyone has been amazing. I think Creller wins this one. Him and Sconnie (rest his soul) were a big help getting things set up and tweaked with build Talls and TTH were top notch GM's to really answer questions.

Quote:@Mook Asks:

SMJHL fantasy is no longer a thing, if it were then what which round do you think Brandon be picked in this season?

Lesgo makes it to the Summer Olympics, what event did he qualify in and does he medal?

Go-to pregame meal?

Opinion on mullets?

Does Brandon have a lucky item he needs or a pre-game ritual that must be done for games?
I would say top 10.. only bc he has a huge point getter Creller on his team Smile 

Rythmic Gymnastics, Lesgo can whip the hell out of a ribbon lol

I would say keep it light small grill cheese and side salad.

lol wish i could pull one off man but im a clean cut and beard type.

Yes, needs to have all egar laid out in the same spot each time while getting dressed and sit in the back corner of the locker room.

Quote:@boom Asks:

What do you look for in a SHL locker room?
I just want a nice fit. Somewhere we all can hang out talk and have a good time. So far I am loving the ANA LR, we all get along and shoot the shit. I just want that same feeling in SHL as well.

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

What team would you most like to be drafted by? Least interested in?

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Do you have a favourite moment of your rookie season?

Anyone on the team surprise you with their play?

How did you enjoy your own player's performance?

If you could choose your linemates on Anaheim, who would they be?

Anything about SHL you'd like to see change?

Favourite non-SHL pastime?

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Wanna tell us a little about that player name?

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2022, 11:51 PM by Vaxlare.)

If you could be any animal which would you chose and why?

Who has been your biggest influence in the ANA LR?

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

SMJHL fantasy is no longer a thing, if it were then what which round do you think Brandon be picked in this season?

Lesgo makes it to the Summer Olympics, what event did he qualify in and does he medal?

Go-to pregame meal?

Opinion on mullets?

Does Brandon have a lucky item he needs or a pre-game ritual that must be done for games?

Good luck in the draft!

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Quote:Lol though I don't dicuss politics so don't worry about stirring things up in the LR. It is from the viral interview with a NASCAR driver who won a race. The fans were all chanting "F*ck Joe Biden" and the woman conducting the ntervew was like "oh they are chanting your name, Lets Go Brandon" lol so republicans took to it to make it the code now for F*ck Joe Biden. LETS GO BRANDON.

ah yes amplifying a pro-Republican meme that doesn’t even really make sense, so hot right now

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

also I’ll throw you a question:

What do you look for in a SHL locker room?

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

01-02-2022, 12:45 PMboom Wrote:
Quote:Lol though I don't dicuss politics so don't worry about stirring things up in the LR. It is from the viral interview with a NASCAR driver who won a race. The fans were all chanting "F*ck Joe Biden" and the woman conducting the ntervew was like "oh they are chanting your name, Lets Go Brandon" lol so republicans took to it to make it the code now for F*ck Joe Biden. LETS GO BRANDON.

ah yes amplifying a pro-Republican meme that doesn’t even really make sense, so hot right now
A) it's pretty clear an Anti-Biden meme, which is not necessarily pro-Republican 

B) as someone who just looked up what this meme was yesterday, it makes plenty of sense to me. 

I'm not trying to get involved in politics here, cuz boy howdy is talking politics on the internet the last thing I ever want to do, but I also don't like watching a guy get dunked on for a pretty harmless political meme.

01-02-2022, 01:20 PMbrickwall35 Wrote:
01-02-2022, 12:45 PMboom Wrote: ah yes amplifying a pro-Republican meme that doesn’t even really make sense, so hot right now
A) it's pretty clear an Anti-Biden meme, which is not necessarily pro-Republican 

B) as someone who just looked up what this meme was yesterday, it makes plenty of sense to me. 

I'm not trying to get involved in politics here, cuz boy howdy is talking politics on the internet the last thing I ever want to do, but I also don't like watching a guy get dunked on for a pretty harmless political meme.

It’s a right wing dog whistle my man. It’s not even particularly clever

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

01-02-2022, 03:02 PMBuster Wrote:
01-02-2022, 01:20 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: A) it's pretty clear an Anti-Biden meme, which is not necessarily pro-Republican 

It’s a right wing dog whistle my man. It’s not even particularly clever
"Dog whistle" mark off the bingo cards everyone. Never said it was clever (it isn't).

01-02-2022, 03:06 PMbrickwall35 Wrote:
01-02-2022, 03:02 PMBuster Wrote: It’s a right wing dog whistle my man. It’s not even particularly clever
"Dog whistle" mark off the bingo cards everyone. Never said it was clever (it isn't).

If you want, I can ask the Jan 6th and vaccination questions. Let’s speed run your bingo card and split the prize money

01-02-2022, 03:07 PMBuster Wrote:
01-02-2022, 03:06 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: "Dog whistle" mark off the bingo cards everyone. Never said it was clever (it isn't).

If you want, I can ask the Jan 6th and vaccination questions. Let’s speed run your bingo card and split the prize money
I do like money

01-02-2022, 03:08 PMbrickwall35 Wrote:
01-02-2022, 03:07 PMBuster Wrote: If you want, I can ask the Jan 6th and vaccination questions. Let’s speed run your bingo card and split the prize money
I do like money

What’s on your card? Did Trump lose? Opinions on MTG and Boebert? Rittenhouse? We can win this eZ

I’m mobile so this isn’t going to be as in-depth as I like, but this is the kind of thing that makes people (such as myself) feel uncomfortable and unsafe in a locker room. My whole neighborhood is full of “let’s go Brandon” signs and my husband and I are legitimately considering moving because as somebody who’s not a straight white man, I genuinely feel uncomfortable around this.

You can say it’s “just a meme” but just know that your dismissal of the impact of these things reads as dismissal of the safety and concerns of people who have been threatened, often explicitly, by the people who wave that flag.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .