Create Account

[2x Draft Media] S63 Post-Draft Update - Justin Time

[Image: hd8U8pisOxe3R9ej5GxFu-EUBgNR1IIh8luc8AVI...QetKej5bhh]

Quebec City, Canada:

Just a few short days ago, we sat down with a late entry to the S64 draft class, Idaho goaltender Justin Time, to take a look at the rookie firsthand. As a first generation player in the SHL program, and a latecomer to the draft class, Time’s draft stock was a complete mystery, even to the goaltender himself. In a draft class featuring two strong recreate goalies, few would have predicted that Time would jump up draft boards across the league and be taken in the first round (the highest he appeared in any mock draft was 16th, a prediction he made himself), but Time ended up shocking many with his selection by Quebec City at 5th overall.

“It was a big surprise to me too,” Time acknowledged in an exclusive post-draft interview this morning. “I had a lot of great conversations with Quebec, and in particular with Evok before the draft, but I never imagined I’d go this early. I had some great conversations with St. Louis, Detroit, and Anchorage, too, but Quebec really stuck out as a special place to be, and I’m beyond excited to be here.”

The Citadelles, coming off of a first round playoff exit in S62, are a team looking to build their young core and prepare for future success. With a first round goaltender in Time, a pair of second round skaters in winger Rylie Versi and defenseman Ben Der, and three late-round high-potential players in Joey Howard, Imma Studson and James Fleezus, the S64 draft class is looking to step into action quickly, and they’ll need to with the team announcing the departure of high TPE players Konstantin Selich, Ryan Gardner and Alfred Yankovic in today’s shocking trade with Great Falls. In return, the Citadelles acquired S63 defenseman Bilbo Baggins, who logged 22 points and a +4 rating over a full 66 games last season, and two early picks in the S64 draft. 

As the dust settles from this year’s draft and the post-draft trade, the team will gear up for training camp. When asked for his thoughts going into the first camp of his young career, the Citadelles’ first round pick had this to say:

“I just want to take it one step at a time and focus on being the best player I can be. I know the team’s been making some moves and we’ve got guys coming in and out of the locker room, but that’s a part of the rebuilding process and the Quebec management has been super transparent about what that process looks like. The locker room has been amazing so far, and the whole team has been welcoming and supportive. If we can channel that energy and enthusiasm into our on-ice performance we’re going to be a great team, and I’m just thrilled to be a part of it.”

How will this year’s class fare as Quebec commits to the future? Only time will tell, but the excitement in the locker room is electric, and we eagerly await the opening puck drop of S63 to give us our first glimpse of this stunning group of rookies.

(523 words, 2x draft media)

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Excited to have you joining us just in time to be the future between the pipes! Go QCC

Citadelles

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Good luck and enjoy the team! See you out there.