Create Account

S63 PT #1: Tie the Knot

If there was a wedding between 2 SHL players, it would definitely be between my player Connor O'Byrne and Sconnie McHits, @G2019's player. I know he's already married which does kind of complicate that, and he did already abandon me once so maybe this relationship won't work out perfectly but damn it he's mine now. Even though we have been seperated team wise we can get back together in this way, which I really like. In terms of gets, @James Truong' Ben Jammin would definitely be there. I'm not quite sure what he'd do although I'm sure he's got about 50 different emojis for this situation. I hope it would go well and there wouldn't be too much trashy magazine material but I'm sure those writers would find something to put in there, but it's ok because it's not true I hope. The wedding would definitely be crashed by the S62 discord, and I bet they wouldn't feel bad.

Code:
PROMPT 2- Screw tying the knot, how about tying the game?

Written Task:  What is more tense to be involved in as a player/coach/GM/spectator, a tie game, a game where you are leading by 1, or a game where you are down by 1? Describe all three and decide: what is the most tense you have been watching a close game on stream? (If you haven't watched a stream make something up). Pad your word count until you get to 150+ words.

Three different game situations, very different feelings for each. Let's go through them. I will react to each as if they were a playoff game.

Up by 1 - I'll take this situation over the next two. You're leading the game, it's the position you want to be in. Sure you're nervous, you don't want to be the guy to make a mistake and lose the lead, but if you just play simple, smart hockey you should be able to hold your own. Always take being in the lead.

Tied - This one makes me nervous. You're not losing, but you need to grab the win. You want to be the one to make the play, but also don't want to take any unnecessary risk that costs you as well. You're kind of stuck. You're firmly on the fence and it sucks. You need the win, but know one mistake can take everything away.

Down 1 - Listen, you're already down. You know you need another goal so you have to take some chances and everyone knows it. You may have to cheat a bit, but you can't waste time worrying about mistakes because you're already losing. Down 1, down 2, it's the same thing in the end. You're kind of free to go for it.

So between the 3, I'd rather know my place, either leading or now. So the most nervous for me would be a tie game.

(237 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2
Regular Season - [G 7] [A 13] [Pts 20] [+/- +27] [PIM 36] [Hits 37] [SB 125]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 2] [Pts 2] [+/- +4] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 12]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Prompt 2:  There are few situations where things are not tense in a professional hockey game.  When you are tied, things can go either way at the drop of a hat and momentum could be fairly even.  When down one, it really comes down to what kind of team you have, do they fold or do they use that as fuel to put the pressure on the other team and put them on the back foot.  Nursing a one goal lead is something that can easily cause a team to fall back into a defensive posture where you end up leaving yourself open to getting scored on.

To me the most stressful is nursing a one goal lead as one slip up could get the game back in balance and momentum swaying the other way.  My preference is to never stop attacking and push that to a multigoal lead to lessen the pressure.

Code:
151 Words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

PROMPT 1:

As the afternoon fell on the Manhattan locker room and a lack of relevant subjects appeared.

Harrier: How would I scheme a marriage? Well, Carrigan, that's a rather curious question from yourself - should I assume that this is something that you're interested in?
Carrigan: ...Why are you asking that to me? I only asked if you've watched the last chapter of - ACK!

Harrier pulled him close over the neck, grinning.

Harrier: I need someone to play this off of and I'm not quite familiar with the rest of the team yet. And the one prompt Thun chose is the silly one, so you know I can't have a media piece about it or they'll rescind his writing license.
Carrigan: Oh, that would be pretty bad.
Harrier: And he still needs to start the first chapter on that Mortal Kombat fanfiction where everyone just happens to live in a Hong Kong-inspired setting.
Carrigan: Ah, I gotcha. So... uh... what did you ask again?
Harrier: Well, just imagine it if you're not following the plot. First of all, I'd have dragons bring everyone.
Carrigan: ...The Calgary ones?
Harrier: No, that would be too straining on the poor guys. I meant actual dragons.
Carrigan: Oh, wow. So you know real dragons?
Harrier: Grandpa does. Remember? Demon hunter extraordinaire?
Carrigan: I thought your grandfather played the banjo...
Harrier: He does and that's how he fought demons and met dragons. I'd have some of those bring everyone to a chapel on the top of a hill. Like... the Himalayas or something.
Carrigan: Think they'd just freeze to death, man.
Harrier: Psh, nonsense. I'd have elves play the band and imps would tend the tables... And then-
Carrigan: I don't think that's a normal marriage, Harrier.
Harrier: I'm involved so it ain't a normal marriage.
Carrigan: Oh, so you're hooking up-
Harrier: Not me, someone. Hell, it could even be you!
Carrigan: I'd rather not marry at the Himalayas...
Harrier: Must you not be fun? C'mon! I haven't even mentioned the long dragon bringing the priest yet...
Carrigan: Yeah, I gotta go, Tony...

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Not so much a game but a series, in season 62 the tampa bay barracuda made it out of round 1 after 6 hard fought games against Philly, but round 2 was the team's usual nemesis in the Baltimore platoon. Baltimore is a top team in the league and has been for a couple seasons now, I think tampa bay knew they were in tough, but after the series got down 3-1 we had a crazy close game in game 5 and after taking that win 3 to 2 we actually thought we had a solid shot of coming back and winning the last 2 games of the series and moving on, but that game didn't go as hoped and after having a tied game for a bunch of it we ended up giving away the winning goal in the 3rd period and couldn't get one back to get back into the game. Losing by 1 goal was frustrating but that series showed us that we are closer to BAPs skill level than we had previously thought.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

PBE PT

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

What is more tense to be involved in as a player/coach/GM/spectator, a tie game, a game where you are leading by 1, or a game where you are down by 1? Describe all three and decide: what is the most tense you have been watching a close game on stream? (If you haven't watched a stream make something up)

I believe that being down by 1 in the 3rd is the most tense when it comes to watching the games. Every shot you take could be the one to tie the game and shift momentum so those are watched closely. But, then again, you can't avoid defense because if the opposing team goes up by a second goal then that hurts the chance of a comeback greatly. In these 1 goal games all players are pushing hard to keep the puck on the offensive side and the goalies have a lot of additional pressure.

Any playoff game that is down to a 1 goal lead in the 3rd period is a good example of how these games can really stress you out. Will the losing team be able to get a bit of puck luck and bring it to a tie and force OT? Will the leader's defensive game stand up and throw their bodies between the puck and the net to maintain that lead? It could be anyone's game so everyone has to be at their best.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

The wedding between Teddy Murphy and Cian McFelter started with significant controversy.  There were questions around whether or not McFelter is even alive based on their complete lack of activity in life.  Really the only indication that McFelter is even alive is that they accepted the proposal.  Murphy and McFelter are also what is commonly referred to as broke bitches with barely an SHL dollar between them.  The intimate wedding they were planning to have ended up with just being them, the officiant, and Vlastislav Malik.  Apparently if the wedding doesn't even have a beer and wine open bar people tend not to accept the invitation.  Hell, people even turned down the opportunity to be part of the bridal party once it was revealed that the joint bachelor party was set to take place in Minot, ND.  But despite the lack of attendance and sobriety for all involved the wedding went off without a hitch.  McFelter was even filmed audibly saying, "I do."  This video was later submitted to the police and they accepted it as sufficient evidence to close their missing persons investigation.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 04:35 PM by StadiumGambler.)

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid555430 - ISFL affiliate claim

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Ahead by One: I've had the pleasure of being on some really crummy teams (thanks hotdog), so I think the feeling of being ahead by one is like I'm playing with house money. If we blow it, well no one expected us to win, so it's not really meme-able.

Tie Game: I guess slightly more stressful than being ahead by one cuz you don't have a little cushion in case you blow it. But really, once the games tied I kind of already accept it as an inevitable loss. There's not really stress about giving up the goal, but more curiosity about when it will come.

Down By One: We were always gonna lose, so there's not really any hope of a comeback to win, so there's not really any stress here either. It's pretty easy to acknowledge and accept a loss when it was always the likeliest outcome.

I guess the moral of my TPE story is to not expect to win and there's no stress.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Code:
PROMPT 2- Screw tying the knot, how about tying the game?

Written Task:  What is more tense to be involved in as a player/coach/GM/spectator, a tie game, a game where you are leading by 1, or a game where you are down by 1? Describe all three and decide: what is the most tense you have been watching a close game on stream? (If you haven't watched a stream make something up). Pad your word count until you get to 150+ words.

Feel like the best way to decide this is when you break it down for each scenario, so here we go.

Down by 1: Being down 1 feels maddening as the seconds tick away, especially if you are just peppering the other team with shots. However, there is a hope as each shot that is fired could tie it up, and then you have the momentum in a tie game.

Tied: This is a tense one. Going back and forth both teams trying to break the tie. A fierce battle trying to get a leg up on the other team the entire time. This is something that contains extreme emotions either way. If you are on the PK or PP it could swing your emotions very quickly.

Up by 1: Holding a lead in the SHL is never easy. Teams seem to fight and scratch harder when they are down, so holding onto that lead is difficult. This one has the benefit though (of these three scenarios at least) of having a winning outcome should the clock run out on the game.

After breaking all three down and living with my emotions in them, I have to say being tied slightly edges out being down by one for tension. If it was what is the most frustrating, it would be trailing, but for what is the tensest? Tie game for sure.

231 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Prompt #2

I try to watch every live sim I can. It's better when they're earlier in the day so I can watch sims during my lunch at work and enjoy some time away from the remote office. By far, the most stressed I am when watching my team is when the score is tied. I don't know what makes it more stressful than when my team is trailing, but that's how it is. When my team is trailing I feel like there is really no hope because FHM seemingly never lets my teams make a come back and then when my team is leading? There seems to be no way to maintain that lead against the other team. Everything about watching a live stream causes some sort of stress but I guess that's part of the fun? There is absolutely nothing worst than a post-season overtime though. That can lead me to closing the stream so I'm not jinxing my team!

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

PROMPT 2
[Image: xsKvliF.png]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

Prompt 2.

For me, it always seems to be more tense to be down by one instead of up by one and I'm not sure why. Maybe because my brain thinks that if we're in the lead we'll stay in the lead but if we're not in the lead it isn't going to happen. I'm not sure. It doesn't make any sense. Maybe it's the feeling that if nothing else happens we'll still be okay, which isn't the case when losing. The tie game is somewhere in between because it's like if nothing happens then at least we go to overtime and if we get another goal then we win, so it seems like things are a bit more in our favor than losing. Regardless, I prefer blowout games (where my team is winning) to keep my stress level where I prefer. It's probably why I don't watch a lot of streams, because stressing about fake sports is usually more than I can handle so I'd prefer to be asleep or something and then find out what happened later. Maybe I should be more of a team player.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)