Create Account

S63 PT #1: Tie the Knot

pt pass

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

The long awaited wedding of the century is finally here. What kind of royal SHL wedding would it be without the legend himself Pasta the Turtle @visceralpotamus . Everyone in Edmonton knew this day would come but we didn’t know it would come so soon. Pasta will be tying the knot with Slavakov Vladimirashenko @Bfine. Well not all of Slavakov, just his feet. Well not actually his feet but a picture of them. We checked and it looks like in Canada a turtle can legally marry a picture of someone’s feet. The entire Edmonton locker room attends the wedding along with the newfoundland locker room. The venue was in a marshy swampland on top of an old log. It was a catered affair with all the raw fish, snails, grubs, worms, and various vegetation you could eat. There was an open bar and after a few drinks the buffet started looking pretty good. By the time the bouquet was thrown everyone was drunk enough that a brawl broke out. No one know who ended up with the bouquet in the end. It was a magical night that none of us will forget anytime soon.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

Prompt 1: A Philly match made in Makar heaven...
[Image: STf4bZ5.png]

...wtf am I doing with my life

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

WSBL PT - Username .simo

[Image: hopoate.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

The best wedding possible on my teams would definitely be between kalesalad and Evil_allbran. Now this might go under the radar for some, but if you want a solid leadership duo in your LR, these 2 are it. That’s why I believe when they tie the knot, they will create the strongest power couple in the universe.
As for the guests obviously all of the forge locker room is invited, but then we also have to bring everyone in Maine (since kale is co-GM there) and everyone in Newfoundland (BOOOO but EAB played there). We also might have to bring the boats aboard since acsolap is probably going to force them upon us.
The whole wedding goes amazing and smoothly. The only real issue is that the Maine players could not find a cup to serve their drinks since Newfoundland had taken them all. But other than that, it was a happy event and the beginning of a great team.

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

Between the three scenarios, being up by one is usually the more stressful one. When you're up by one, you can only lose points. You have the 2 winners points in your hand and now it's up to you not to drop them. All pressure is on the team in the lead.
On the other hand, watching a tie game roll into the last few minutes can also make me bite my nails. But with it being tied the pressure is equal. Either team can win or lose it all. More often than not the teams just hang out and wait for OT to arrive.
Lastly, being down by one can be quite horrifying depending on the context. Down by one in a regular season game? Meh, if we score that'd be a great story. But by now I've usually accepted the loss. However, if we're talking playoff games being down by one in what could be a series deciding game. That one can give you heart problems if it happens too often.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Prompt 1

I have been charged with organizing the wedding of former Carolina Kraken defense Granny Pan-Pan, and current Carolina Kraken defense Vincent Fox. They finally admitted that the hate they were feeling was actually a deep love based on mutual respect, and the rest is history.

There will be a non-denominational Commitment Ceremony at 11 AM, followed by a light lunch. The reception will take place at a Buffalo Wild Wings, with overflow tailgating in the parking lot. Music and dancing will continue in the BW3 lot until 8:30 PM, when the grooms will lead the attendees in stargazing.

The event will be well-attended by Carolina alumni, and officiated by me. Lunch will be finger sandwiches, fruit and veggie trays, and jello shots. During the reception, each guest will receive a $250 credit to BW3 for food, drink and entertainment. The honeymoon will be a long bus trip to the most famous Civil War battlefields, with stays in the nations most luxurious Super 8 Motels.

[Image: banes.png]

The tensest I’ve been watching a game on stream is when my team is leading the way by two goals going into the third period. It instills a degree of confidence and certainty, but there’s that looming fear in the back of your head that tells you not to get too comfortable. The period starts off, and you have both teams getting their opportunities. You know if you get one more goal the game is essentially out of reach for the opposition. The opposition can strike back and make it a really tight contest with a tally of their own. The opponents would go on to score roughly 4 minutes into the period, cutting your lead to 1. This results in a nail-biting final 10 minutes of the period, especially as the opposing team pulls the goaltender with about 3 minutes to go to have the extra attacker. It’s a real test of endurance for your top defenders.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

PBE PT - Bayley

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Prompt 1:

I think it would have to be the marriage between the cutest couple I know, between @HabsFanFromOntario and @vic03. They say that marriage is a journey not of love but also of friendship, consistently challenging one another and the pursuit of improving oneself for another. There has been very little example that I've seen anywhere else in the entire league that could be compared to how these two have treated each other since day one. From the start of the day all the way late until the night even once everybody decided to take off and go home, you'll see both HFFO and Vic continually support one another and push each other to new heights. It isn't without some spark but that is definitely the spice of the relationship that will keep the two of them strong and bonded for ages. I hope that when it comes to planning the wedding that they'll do something else other than Dark Souls themed because I don't know how cheery of a setting it would be.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

2nd prompt and honestly I think it depends on what situation you are in. Down 1 in Game 7 or an elimination game I believe the pressure is just as much as taking someone on in the regular season that you are currently drawing with who are way stronger than you cause the points you could potentially get has quite a bit of pressure.

Most tense for me personally is when teams are drawing in a series and the game has just started. If a team scores you know you either have to just defend and try to run away with the game or have an uphill battle. In this terrible sim engine I have not felt tension even once. Literally not even in the Gold Medal games GB kept making. Most tense was Game 7 of Anaheim vs Whalers back when Whalers were respectable and following every post to see what was going to happen. It was such a close series that we ended up going big on.

I do not know if I will feel tension like it in SHL again. I hope so though.

[187 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

PROMPT 2
So let's be honest, I do not really watch games where my player is not playing, so I will always be involved as a player if I am watching a stream. When the game is tied, it is obviously always tense, because the next goal tips the momentum one way or the other. And I feel like goals often follow each other, so one goal quite often turns into two in a flash. Then again when my team is leading by one goal, it usually feels like just waiting for the other team to tie it. San Fran especially has done fairly poorly in one goal games, so these situations feel extremely scary and fragile. When down by one goal, it could actually be the least tense in the sense that you kind of already feel that you are the underdog and are leaning towards expecting a loss. So it will just be a positive surprise, if the team can even tie it. I would say that leading by 1 is the most tense situation. It's just constant fear. I think the most tense I have been have been some of the playoff games with Maine around the S55-S58 era. I have semi-intentionally tried to forget about those games, so I can't go into details. But obviously the most tense close games were won by Newfoundland.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Prompt 2

Since my player is a 50 year old child alien, I have no idea who I would marry or if I could even consent to it, so let's talk about tie games!

The most anxiety is a tie game as you are nearing the end, or especially overtime. In the regular season, going into OT is not quite as bad because you know you will get a point at least, so you just hope for the extra point with an OT goal or a shootout win. But in playoffs, if the game is in overtime, there is stress with every highlight that comes on, either praying for a save or a block if it's their colors showing up, or begging for a goal if you see your guys on the attack! The joy you feel when it starts flashing your team's colors, or the dismay when the other team scores ... it's real! Fake hockey, real emotions!

Being behind a goal as it gets late in the game can also be stressful. You know you desperately need a to even things up but even if you do, you're not out of it yet! It's always nervous if your team pulls the goalie, because even a highlight that starts with your team could end with them taking over and if they get a shot it's 99% likely to go in.

Being up by one is the easiest to deal with because even if they get a goal, you are still in it. But it can be nerve-wracking as you get into the dying minutes shouting HODL! HODL! t little dots on the screen!

As someone once said, it is weird to get invested in a 3 minute stream of your game, but that's where the fun is! Haha! FUN

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies