Create Account

S63 PT #2: Dress to in Press

Interview promo:

Question: How do you think you will do this season?

Jon Forty-One: Very good.

Question: I-is that it?

Jon Forty-One: Yes. I hate interviews and I hate you. To make matters worse I will not be getting paid for this...

Question: Well how far will the Balitmore Platoon go this seaosn?

Jon Forty-One: Play offs.

Question: Can you elaborate on maybe how far you might get in the playoffs, the fans really want to know about this.

Jon Forty-One: Well, I am sure one team will win with a total of 4 wins and they will proceed to win. The Balitmore Platoon will try to do that about 4 times and if we do then I guess that will end up making us champions for a change. I have no idea how it will go but we want to win it since we are very easily the best team in the regular season. Hopefully that shite engine will allow it to happen too.

Question: Okay we are just going to abandon this interview...

Jon Forty-One: Good!

[204 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Prompt 2:

Reporter: Sisyphus, How are the Scarecrows handling the difficult season so far?

Sisyphus: It was touch and go after about the first ten games. There was some unhappiness expressed in the locker room at that point. Then a funny thing happened. This rag-tag bunch of rookies came together and became a team. We actually bonded through the adversity.

Reporter:  Recently there was some controversy surrounding you in the Thunderdome section of the SHL. Do you regret anything that you said there?

Sisyphus: I have no regrets at all for what I said. However, I have learned something about some of the people that I am dealing with here. I had forgotten how young that majority of the people were in the SHL community. I quoted lyrics from a song from 1987 or 1988 and they interpreted those lyrics to have the opposite meaning that they actually intend. So, I regret the impact that the message had on some people. I have far thicker skin than they have. I don't care what they try to do to me in retaliation. Still, I'll let the kids play in the Thunderdome from now on.

Reporter:  Do you feel like your reputation has been harmed by the incident?

Sisyphus:  There are two distinct measures of reputation in the SHL. The most superficial one is simply a number of positive and negative ratings handed out by the rabble. This particular measure has little significance to me. I did pay some attention to it as it dropped, being mildly annoyed at first, then shrugging it off and, finally embracing the role of a villain. I'd like to see that number get to a -273. Absolute zero just feels like a good number.

The second qualitative measure is just evident in how you function in your locker rooms and the friendships that you have in them. I know the respect that I have in each of my LRs and I continue to be very happy in them.

Reporter: Where do you see yourself and the Crows next season?

Sisyphus: I have already hit the SMJHL cap for next season, so I expect to be a better version of myself. That is, a two-way forward without the ability to carry a team, but a very good role player. Our S64 rookie class has actually been accelerating in their training since the start of the season. They are a very good, highly motivated group. We have also been positioning ourselves for the next draft. We will be a far better team by the start of next season. Next season will hopefully be a transitional season that sets us up for great things in S65.

Reporter: You haven't mentioned the Barracuda much. What about them?

Sisyphus: There is a touch of grey in Tampa that I like very much. I may be supplying the majority of it. [Sisyphus smiles at the self-deprecating remark] But seriously I found just this morning a great discussion in the locker room where different points of view were shared respectfully. That was a refreshing change from the SHL Forum where the temptation is often to match the lowest common denominator.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 10:39 PM by hhh81.)

Prompt 2

Hey Cassius, Seattle has been effective so far this season and is setting themselves up as a top team in the SHL, but you haven't performed well. What do you think is affecting your game?
We are playing well, for sure. The team has been growing over the last few seasons, and the front office made some moves in the offseason to help improve our depth. Cale [Amundsen] has come in and is performing well in net, and Hobbes and Pritchard have been everything that was advertised. It takes a little bit of time for new players to really find a rhythm when they switch teams. We feel good about the start to the season.

Does the captaincy put extra pressure on you to perform? Many from your Buffalo days doubted you could step up in the biggest moments.
Those talking points have no merit. I've been in Seattle as captain for... what has it been, 8 seasons now? Commentary from a decade ago is foolish. You should be embarrassed for even asking the question. No one has ever doubted my work ethic.

Seattle has been rumored to be connected to acquiring Liam Slate from Edmonton. Can you comment?
I trust the management to manage the team. Mr. Smalls is a smart man, and he's been a successful manager for a long time. I can't speak to any players who aren't in our locker room right now. My focus is with this team we have, and helping our younger players continue to develop and learn how to win in the SHL. I've never speculated about trades before today, and I won't start now.

How much longer do you think you'll play? You are having one of the weakest seasons of your SHL career, and it seems like you and Pojo Biscuit are struggling on the ice.
It can be tough to change linemates after you've gotten into a pattern with other players. First his first two seasons, Kermit Murphy was cemented to my pairing as he learned the fundamentals of playing top defensive minutes. I learned his tendencies and he was familiar with mine. It was a comfortable season. Coming into this year, coach wanted to try something different and split up Dee and Pojo. This isn't my best year, sure. This also isn't the first time in my career it's taken a little time to adjust to a highly physical defender on my left side. In juniors I spent half a season with J.P. Gay, who plays a similar style. Reporters made a big deal about two kids back then learning how to play together. I think we'll be fine, we are both professionals. The team is winning games, and I will do what I've always done in practice and in games to help the team win.

But how much longer do you plan to play, Cassius?
I will play as long as I feel I can compete and meet my own standards. The coaches and management have told me I have a place in Seattle as long as I wish to play. I still feel good on the ice. I also don't plan to play forever. I will walk away on my own terms. For now, I may have lost a step physically from my earlier days. I'm still the same competitor I've always tried to be. That hasn't changed, nor has my goal. This team can win a Challenge Cup, and I hope to help them to that goal. No more questions.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Prompt 2:

Interviewer: Ty Murphy, thank you for sitting down with us today.

Ty: Hey man, thanks a lot for having me. 

I: So Ty, how are you doing this season? 

T: Honestly man, not as great as I was expecting.  I was hoping to maintain my hot start throughout the whole season but that just hasn’t been happening for me.

I:  I see here that you had ten points through your first eight games, that’s very impressive. 

T: It felt good to start off that strong, I just wish I could’ve kept it up you know?  I’m scoring like every three games now even though I am getting top minutes.  Just wish I could produce more for the boys on the ice.

I:  What have you been working on to improve your game?

T:  Everything!  Offensive zone drills, shooting drills, passing drills, defensive zone drills, and most importantly fitness drills.  I squat heavy 5 days a week, gotta get that leg strength up to play in this league haha. 

I: Well thank you so much for sitting down with us today Ty.

T:  Sure man, thanks.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

ISFL PT (username is Drizzy)

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

So recently Conner Snooks got in trouble after teammate Lias asked him to buy alcohol. So he figured a 1 on 1 interview posted to the team's Twitter would be the perfect way to get back. The whole point was to embarrass Lias. Conner got his disguise ready. An even larger mustache and a fancy wig. Got the camera rolling. At first, he started with some easy questions. How was the season going? That sort of thing. Then he ramped it up. Asking Lias about playing with Conner himself on the first line and then the big one. What happened at the wedding before the season?? Lias froze, like a deer in the headlights. And then booked it out of the room. Conner laughed and laughed and laughed. Then the thought crossed his mind. I wonder if Lias feels the same way about me?.

Unfortunately, the interview was a dude and the social media team had to use a prank from last year that Pengu had played on Moose.

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: petrov.png]

prompt 1

if i were to go undercover as a reporter and ask one teammate some questions, the obvious choice would be michael fitted. that man is already a loose cannon and says some crazy shit without me asking questions to draw that out, so me poking the bear a little bit could result in some pretty crazy answers from fitted the goat aka the vessel of terry. the first question that i would ask fitted is about the philidelphia forge. i would ask him why a team named the FORGE, clearly referencing steel manufacturing would be located in philly and not pittsburgh. this is a question that i think everyone would like to have answered and i think that this question would ilicit a pretty big response from michael fitted. fitted loves pittsburgh and is passionate about his city and hates that philly has a team over pittsburgh, especially with the branding they chose. i would also ask him to call out any scrubs in the league.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 12:52 PM by Drokeep.)

Prompt 1:

Since I am the rookie on the team, playing a prank can be a risky business. But hell, we are here to enjoy life, so I am all up for it. The target of this prank will be no other than my defensive mate Rex Kirkby. Although I am afraid if I ask too many tough questions, he might have a heart attack since he is so old.
I Infiltrate the press conference and immediately ask him about rotting corpse and how he feels being so ancient in a team that’s so young. I also will ask him how he feels being carried by a rookie in his pairing (Disclaimer I am the one getting carried, but no one has to know). After the press conference I will gladly invite him for a beer to make up for my annoyance and so that he doesn’t get the team to mess with me even further.

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

Reporter: William, there's been a lot of turnover in the roster this season with the Blizzard. How have you guys been handling it?

WH: It's been tough obviously, Tony was a big piece in the room, but adding Lev, Brian and Ren has been really nice. We've got a lot of youth in the room, so it's been nice to be able to be one of the veteran voices and get to know everyone.

Reporter: We've heard a few leaks that you might be considering retirement this offseason. Any comment on those matters?

WH: Where did you hear that? *laughs* Kidding aside, we all get old eventually and it's always something you think about. I'm just looking to win some games with the boys, and then in the offseason I'll see how I feel. I mean, who am I to turn down some free money?

Reporter: Favourite moment so far this season?

WH: Well, we did just shut out Texas with a great job from Wardo, so I'm gonna have to go with that.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

PROMPT 2- Maybe the social media team went with someone with a little more personality than you...

Written Task: Play out an interview with your player and the press. You can switch between bold/italics and regular text to differentiate between the two parties involved. Ask any questions you think are relevant, it could be about a certain game, season, cup win, whatever you choose. Include your player's answers to the questions (150+ words).

Interview Grogu, the Grizzlies are doing really well so far this season, how has the team evolved from the inaugural expansion just 3 seasons ago?

The management team has done a great job in bringing in experienced users who can controbute on and off the ice. We've had some great draft picks which have turned out really well, and also some great Free Agents that were brought in. We've always had a competitive mindset that we want to win as many games as we can and go as far as we can in the playoffs. The development of our players has been great and put us in a good place.

Interview Your points production is down quite a bit from prior seasons, are you hiding any injuries or just slumping>

My own role on the team has evolved quite a lot even from last season. Last year we didn't have a lot of high TPE forwards so those of us who were there were expected to drive the offense. This season the team went out and brought in a few high TPE FAs, as well as the 3rd season guys who have moved into that tier. We have scoring depth throughout the lines now so there's less pressure on us older guys to have to carry the load every night. In the end, sure I'd love to get more points but part of my role is to help shut down the top players on the other team. I love to see some maybe unheralded guys really producing well and as long as the team is winning more games than we lose, I'll be happy!

Interview Do you think the Grizzlies can win it all this season?

There's no guarantees in life but we are definitely I think one of the contenders. But other teams aren't just going to stand aside and hand it to us, we're going to have to fight hard. Teams like Carolina, Kelowna, and Maine are also making noise and showing some good things, but really the big team to conider is Newfoundland. No matter how well we do in the regular season, at some point we are going to have to figure out a way to get past these guys, and it won't be easy, but we have confidence that we can match up against them as well as anybody. We have a lot of talent but also there's a real hunger and we kind of know anything less than a finals appearance will be a letdown, so we will all pull together and not take anything for granted!

Interview Any final thoughts?

After a somewhat rocky start to my J career, being traded twice, I had felt a bit unwanted, but Great Falls really has become a home and it will be somewhat sad to leave next season, I just hope my final year here will continue to be awesome and I'm also excited about heading up to the SHL next season!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Karl dons the fake mustache and glasses and is instantly transformed into the reporter "Carl". It is really amazing how a simple pair of glasses can transform someone from being immediately recognized to a master of disguise.
For questions who better to go to than the bear man himself, Valentin Kalashnikov. The questions start out pretty tame - What is your typical post game wind down ritual? It covered important topics like the soft, silky pants Kalashnikov is known to dress in for game day (potential fan giveaway material), and favorite type of cookie which is sure to get many clicks as it ignites a flame war across the hockey world with arm chair general managers chiming in and viciously detailing how wrong the guy above him is.
If you go into a press conference with Kalashnikov and expect any specific emotion you will be amazingly unimpressed. He absolutely represents the stoic emotionless exterior that people have come to know and love, and is exceptional material for the making of memes.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

PROMPT 2:

We are here at the rink of the Minnesota Monarchs post game with Arsene Leclerc, breakout defenseman of the home team to ask him a few questions about the ongoing season in which Minnesota find themselves in a wildcard race for the final spot in the playoffs, on just 14 points so far this season. So arsene, why do you think the team is struggling so much this season compared to the last few?

Hi, yeah, this season has been a bit of a tough one hasn't it? I think we're still putting in a good shift all things considered. Since I came to Minnesota this is probably the most obvious year of transition we have seen. We have had a few players leave the team lately, and all credit to them for following their path, but we would probably be in better shape had a couple of them stuck with us at this point. Fortunately we do have quite a young group now so things are looking up and really I am just trying to take this season game by game and make sure heads don't drop just cause we have had a few rough results.

Thanks for the great answer, further to that, we have seen a few blowouts in Minnesota this season going the wrong way, any comments on why you think you have had some really rough losses this season?

Sure yeah, again we have a young group, our D core is very clearly struggling to keep up the pace and we have a few who probably just need some more reps in the league to get up to speed. I think we have some gaps in net depth this season as well, which has been showing itself a little bit more this season with the group in transition having a rough time getting up to pace.

Thanks for the interview Arsene, some tough question for sure, anything more you want to say to the fans?

Nothing specific really, just know we are doing our best at the moment and there are only good things to come