Create Account

Continuance of Legacy: who holds records the longest
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 10:36 PM by luke.)

We all love records. Who had the most Points, goals, assists, wins, shutouts, the list goes on and on. But we never really had, how long players had that honor for. We all know who Esa is, he holds the points leader. but who held it before him? We all know Alonzo Garbanzo has the most assists in league history, but who had it before him? And for how long? So today we will figure it out of course, because who else but me. I am going to do some that I find most interesting, and then if people want to request some others let me know and ill add them as well.

So which one's do I want to do first. Obviously we want Points, Goals, Assists, Shots blocked, hits, and what about game winning goals.

Ok so lets starts with points,

Player NamePointsSeasons
Esa Anrikkanen20S43-S63
Joe McKeil13S28-S40
Riley Raycroft10S9-S18
Chris McZehrl4S20-S23
David Winter4S24-S27
Jay McDonald4S5-8
Kristian Eriksson2S41-S42
Sergei Karpotsov2S3-S4
Alex Reay1S1
Benjamin Wong1S19
Sarmad Khan1S2

So you can see, Esa really dominated the recent memory of most players (around 3 1/2 years of having the record. But you can also see Joe McKeil dominating before him. You have the first little run in Sergei Krpotsov in S3 and S4. I do like to see Eriksson having a little lead at Esa before Esa really took over.

Assists

Player NameAssistsSeasons
Alonzo Garbanzo25S38-S62
Riley Raycroft14S6-S19
Joe McKeil12S30-S37
Darian Scherbluk6S24-S29
Sergei Karpotsov3S3-S5
Alex Reay1S1
Corey Michael1S24-S29

This is why some people argue that Garbanzo is the goat. And with good argument. The best defenseman ever, and this is one of the reasons why. The longevity and the dominance in his field.

Goals

Player NameGoalsSeasons
Esa Anrikkanen24S38-S41 & S43-S62
David Winter17S21-S37
Jay McDonald8S3-S10
Kain Webb4S14-S17
Benjamin Wong3S18-S20
Riley Raycroft3S11-S13
Alex Reay2S1-S2
Kristian Eriksson1S42

I do like how Eriksson was able to squeeze in there in S42. Where Eriksson had 465 goals and Esa had 463 goals. Other than that, Jay McDonald first to 100 goals in S6. Riliey Raycrost first to 200 goals in S11. David Winter is first to 300 goals in S22. He stopped at 394 goals when he retired too. So the first to 400 and 500 goals is Esa in S39 and S45 where he ended the season with 500 goals exactly. 

Shots Blocked

Player NameShots BlockedSeasons
Alonzo Garbanzo26S35-S60
Scott Stevens8S1-S3 & S6 - S10
Darian Scherbluk7S23-S27 & S29-S30
Chuck Weird5S17-S21
Brandon Cant4S31-S24
Jardy Bunclewirth3S11-S13
Kevin LeBacon3S14-S16
Kevin Paille2S4-S5
Mathias Seger2S61-S62
Vladislav Smirnov1S22
Willie Weber1S28

This is the first category so far that recently been toppled with Mathias Serger taking it over. But Garbanzo also couldnt get like 400 shots blocked in a season. So we will start to see some of those records to get beaten, as FHM gives more to certain categories. Regardless, quite a feat. A lot more uneveness

Hits

Player NameHitsSeasons
Taylor McDavid28S27-S54
Zach Dooley9S10-S18
Mike Izzy8S55-S62
Scott Stevens8S2-S9
Willie Weber8S19-S26
Kevin Paille1S1

So you got Taylore McDavid being the GOAT of the category. but look out Zach Dooley, as Mike Izzy is looking to take your place, and be the 2nd player to hold the record for 10 seasons. And there really isnt anyone to stop him, as the highest Active is Kvalhiem with 2497 hits.

GWG
Player NameGWGSeasons
David Winter22S17-S38
Esa Anrikkanen20S43-S62
Alex Reay4S1-S3 & S6
Jay McDonald4S5 & S7-9
Kain Webb4S13-S16
Theo Kane4S39-S42
Ron Mexico2S11-S12
Raymond Lindsay1S1
Sergei Karpotsov1S4

Now onto the goalies

Wins

Player NameWinsSeasons
Mike Honcho21S5-S25
Jakub Aittokallio20S26-S45
Michael McFadden17S46-S62
Fernando Garcia4S1-S4

There is only 4 goalies that can claim they had the most wins in the league. You have Fernando Garcia who was the first to reach 100 wins, then you have Mike Honcho was the first to crack 200 wins. Then you have Jakub Aittokallio that was the first to crack 300 and 400 wins. To then have McFadden to come in as an inactive in TOR, to overtake Aittokallio

Shutouts

Player NameShutoutsSeasons
Jakub Aittokallio34S28-S61
Fernando Garcia15S1-S15
Edwin Ask9S19-S27
Josef Heiss3S16-S18
Harry Carpet1S62

Player NamePointsSeasons
Mike Honcho59S3-S8 & S10-S62
Beaujeaux Biscuit12S51-S62
Fernando Garcia2S1-S2
Ryan Jesster1S9

This one is a bit funny to me, mainly because FHM doesnt have points for goalies, which kinda sucks. but STHS had assists, and Mike Honcho dominated, so much that he has the most, for almost the whole SHL lifespan. And then you had Beaujeaux who tied him in S51. Didnt get any assists and S52, and then played 13 games in S53, the first season of FHM. would he have gotten the 31st Assists to make him the leader? we will never know

Let me know if you want to see anything else

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

lmao, too many tables

Neat

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

No SHN logo... did something happen to your media empire, or just branching out?

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

01-24-2022, 01:13 AMCementHands Wrote: No SHN logo... did something happen to your media empire, or just branching out?

First time I made media in a long time. Just wanted to put something out

Cool, gotta say I didn't expect to place so highly in some of these Smile

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

01-23-2022, 10:35 PMluke Wrote: This is why some people argue that Garbanzo is the goat. And with good argument. The best defenseman ever, and this is one of the reasons why. The longevity and the dominance in his field.

Held the record for both Assists AND shots blocked, while winning 5 Stevens, receiving a further 5 nominations, and he surely would've won a Biscuit or two had the award existed during his career.

I may not have the grasp on SHL history that some others have, but I'm certainly one of those people that considers him the GOAT SHL defenseman.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Warms my heart to see Reay up there.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

01-24-2022, 03:11 PMcharlieconway Wrote:
01-23-2022, 10:35 PMluke Wrote: This is why some people argue that Garbanzo is the goat. And with good argument. The best defenseman ever, and this is one of the reasons why. The longevity and the dominance in his field.

Held the record for both Assists AND shots blocked, while winning 5 Stevens, receiving a further 5 nominations, and he surely would've won a Biscuit or two had the award existed during his career.

I may not have the grasp on SHL history that some others have, but I'm certainly one of those people that considers him the GOAT SHL defenseman.

My personal top 5 players ever in order are

1. Jason Visser
2. Ron Mexico
3. Alonso Garbanzo
4. John McBride
5. Darian Scherbluk

5 is a bit hard for me as there is a ton of great options, Randleman , Aittokalio, McKeil, Esa, Eriksson,

Just what you value in terms of a player

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 04:44 PM by Zoone16.)

01-24-2022, 02:22 PMluke Wrote:
01-24-2022, 01:13 AMCementHands Wrote: No SHN logo... did something happen to your media empire, or just branching out?

First time I made media in a long time. Just wanted to put something out

I miss your media. Thanks for posting one.

Also do you think it would be relevant to split it into STHS/FHM eras? or by even further eras?

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

01-24-2022, 04:33 PMluke Wrote:
01-24-2022, 03:11 PMcharlieconway Wrote: Held the record for both Assists AND shots blocked, while winning 5 Stevens, receiving a further 5 nominations, and he surely would've won a Biscuit or two had the award existed during his career.

My personal top 5 players ever in order are

1. Jason Visser
2. Ron Mexico
3. Alonso Garbanzo
4. John McBride
5. Darian Scherbluk

5 is a bit hard for me as there is a ton of great options, Randleman , Aittokalio, McKeil, Esa,  Eriksson,

There will always be players that excel within the era that they play, but do you think we'll see someone sneak into that top 5 as things are? Or will it take a change to the league's player development system (thinking mainly regression) before that happens?

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

01-24-2022, 04:43 PMZoone16 Wrote:
01-24-2022, 02:22 PMluke Wrote: First time I made media in a long time. Just wanted to put something out

I miss your media. Thanks for posting one.

Also do you think it would be relevant to split it into STHS/FHM eras? or by even further eras?

For these? probably not since a lot of them span over different era's. but as FHM's higher Points/season along with 66 games instead of 50, you will start to see a lot of the STHS era leaders go down

01-24-2022, 04:50 PMcharlieconway Wrote:
01-24-2022, 04:33 PMluke Wrote: My personal top 5 players ever in order are

1. Jason Visser
2. Ron Mexico
3. Alonso Garbanzo
4. John McBride
5. Darian Scherbluk

5 is a bit hard for me as there is a ton of great options, Randleman , Aittokalio, McKeil, Esa,  Eriksson,

There will always be players that excel within the era that they play, but do you think we'll see someone sneak into that top 5 as things are? Or will it take a change to the league's player development system (thinking mainly regression) before that happens?

Oh yeah, there will definitely be people that can take a run at the top 5, it will just be a bit harder. but you also have to remember, Ron Mexico started when there was 6 teams in the league, then 8, then 10, then 12 by the time he retired. And there was less people in the league, so more opportunity to win awards like he has. Scherbluk started out in an 10 team league, then 12 for the majority of his career. Garbanzo the same where he started in a 12 team league, then a 14 team league. McBride was a goalie where there was only a couple goalies that could qualify for awards. So with more teams and more players, the harder to win awards like they have. But it can be done

Wow, I actually surpassed Garbanzo in something. All I needed was a new engine and longer seasons. Smile

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

01-24-2022, 06:07 PMluke Wrote:
01-24-2022, 04:50 PMcharlieconway Wrote: There will always be players that excel within the era that they play, but do you think we'll see someone sneak into that top 5 as things are? Or will it take a change to the league's player development system (thinking mainly regression) before that happens?

Oh yeah, there will definitely be people that can take a run at the top 5, it will just be a bit harder. but you also have to remember, Ron Mexico started when there was 6 teams in the league, then 8, then 10, then 12 by the time he retired. And there was less people in the league, so more opportunity to win awards like he has. Scherbluk started out in an 10 team league, then 12 for the majority of his career. Garbanzo the same where he started in a 12 team league, then a 14 team league. McBride was a goalie where there was only a couple goalies that could qualify for awards. So with more teams and more players, the harder to win awards like they have. But it can be done

I would assume that it's gonna get easier to rack up high point totals and other stats actually so most of these records will fall over the next 10-20 seasons, but as you said winning individual hardware is gonna be harder especially on such a consistent basis as some of the old legends.

For me McKeil is definitely in the Top-5 All-Time btw and someone who has dropped quite deeply into "underated" territory at this point, just because he has been gone so long now and because he didn't build the networks that most of these other old legends did. Visser is an interesting case too because for a player of his caliber, he wasn't talked about all that much I find, I wonder why that is. Not sure I'd have him #1 but definitely another player that might be quite underrated.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]