Create Account

Shylo Moxii's Introduction 2x for first Media post
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 09:51 AM by Shylo_Moxii.)

Shylo Moxii, center out of Toronto, Canada. Known for his sniper-ish sort of game prides himself on an offensive and defensive game. 6'3 frame at 200 pounds sets a good standard as an all around player. Loves to play in Gretzky's Office, but will always go into the dirty spots for tips and causing traffic for a goal tender. Often known as a faceoff guru loves the faceoff circle and wants to do as much as possible to win those key possessions. Shylo is not only Canadian, but also has the last name of American and Nigerian descent. His father is indeed a Nigerian and American with that being his mix of blood he's become one of the most solid young centers in the North American Select team realm. 

Understandably Regina, Great Falls, Colorado, Nevada, and Kelowna. Reportedly Kelowna was the first to offer him a deal to play for the team, but Moxii has soon made it clear that Great Falls would be the team he would sign as of tomorrow due to the connections he has with some of the players and staff members apart of the organization. This has come out that he would love to play for an active roster that has a bunch of personalities that can all get along very well. "I felt as if I belonged. We have the family friends in there already, but adding in the significant amount of people in that team that are all great to be around was just something I couldn't pass up. I feel at home, and for that nothing else can really matter" The deal is not set in stone, but looks to be a 1 year termed deal AAV has been kept behind closed doors by Great Falls. Great Falls ownership has high remarks for his activeness and his friendly conversations he has already joined in on. Team Management on record said, "Shylo has a bright future ahead of him. He's one of those guys you just can't pass up on. It's something I couldn't pass up on. I believe with what we have right now we can push for a championship with this organization, and I feel Shylo has the potential to be a key piece in the near future for both our organization, and for an SHL organization. 

SCOUTING REPORT

Shylo while being known as a capable sniper, very much performs well on both ends of the ice and has long been working out to become more of a physical presence as well. Select Team Coach Dan Selkens reported, "He's very capable of a wrist shot with elite accuracy he puts it where he wants it, but his hand eye coordination to tip any puck he wants is very much a threat to any goalie in the league. It doesn't matter how good you are at stopping pucks if it redirects you have slim chances of stopping it from going in. He slowly got better on the defensive end of the ice. We saw his takeaways move up the boards as time went on and by the time he was leaving he redefined our PP and PK. He's just got that it factor about him. No one can really explain what it is, but he is a fast, shifty, has some silky mitts, tips anything, and one hell of a shot. His defensive game has come along way." Shylo himself was asked about his defensive game we pulled this comment from him. "Defense wins championships....Offense wins games defense wins championships. That's the way I think about it. In all honesty that's how everyone should look at playing the game is it's not played on one end of the ice it's a 2-way street on the ice. You gotta be able to chip in both ends whether that's laying a hit fulfilling your defensive assignment, or helping a teammate score a goal, even scoring yourself. You gotta find ways to win games, and once you do that the game becomes simpler, and more fun." Under direction of Coach Selkens, he was pushed towards the idea that he should become a SMJHL player rather than sticking with him in the select team league. "He's not getting any younger, he's 17 years old he's good enough to make a career out of this brilliant sport. It's not my job to hold on to him for my own success it's my job to develop these kids to a greater calling, I believed it was Shylo's time to move into a definitive role in the SMJHL if not the SHL. 

Wondering how he will do we will be keeping up with all things Shylo Moxii, and Great Falls hockey weekly. Stay tuned for more info on Shylo's journey.

819 words (2x for first media post)

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

Great introduction, and welcome to the league!

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

01-30-2022, 10:54 PMRAmenAmen Wrote: Great introduction, and welcome to the league!
Thank You

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]