Create Account

S63 PT #4: Into the SHLverse

Rotticus is sitting at home after another tough game. The team won, but he can't help but feel like even in his old age he's still being carried around by the greatest player in SHL history, Aaron Wilson. As he's sitting there, he sees a spark out of the corner of his eye. He sees a portal open up, and a desheveled, dumpy, weird guy walks through the portal. Rotticus is confused, but he knows this can only be one person. Its himself. He jumps up on his couch and furiously starts asking who this man is and why is he in his house?!?! The man simply says "I'm you, but I never joined Hamilton". Rotticus is bewildered, wondering how a hockey player making millions could look like this. Anti-Rotticus clarifies "I'm not making millions, man, I'm playing in the SECHL. Chicago never called me up, left me to rot on Kelowna, and I never made it to the SHL. No Aaron Wilson, no cups, no glory. I watched JURT and Vitek Vitecek win 5 cups while I bounced between minor leagues and never got a shot." Rotticus can't believe what he's hearing, and after returning anti-rotti to his home, he taked appreciation in the team he's on.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Prompt 1:

In this universe, Miguel Hefeweizen is the ultimate good guy. He wears his seat belt, holds the door for others, and tips at least 20%. He plays cleanly on the ice and the fans love him for his off the ice charitable and otherwise friendly demeanor. He's the kind of guy you'd want your daughter to date. Alternate universe Miguel, however, is the complete opposite. First off, he's a d-man instead of a center. He plays extremely dirty and spends a ton of time in the box as payment for his transgressions. Want to fight? Miguel won't hesitate to drop gloves and punch you in the face. His teammates tolerate him because he's so good but no one wants to hang out with him. He's rude to everyone. Drives like a jerk. Oh, and he never puts his shopping cart back when he's done. He's the penultimate bad boy and the kind of dude that keeps dads with daughters up at night. This universe Miguel wants nothing to do with other universe Miguel and promptly yeets him back to where he came from. (192 words)

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Prompt 2

During the off-season after my rookie year, I hurt my ankle training (long story). During the downtime while healing I dabbled into the dark arts and POOF another version of Spack Jarrow appeared out of nowhere. It was shocking at first and after we stopped fighting one another we shared a drink. This was when we hatched the perfect plan.

While I played in the SMJHL, my new Jarrow compatriot would join the WSBL and be drafted as a pro basketball player. That was we could be in two leagues at the same time. This worked brilliantly. So well in fact that we decided to do it again but this time the 3rd Jarrow would join the SSL as a professional soccer/footy player. What could possibly go wrong?

So far the universe hasn't imploded and things seem to be OK but the likely path will lead to the end of the 3rd Matrix movie with thousands of Jarrows roaming the streets. I don't expect it to be a good outcome but I think it will be fun until then.

[ 185 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2022, 10:34 PM by ValorX77.)

Prompt 1: Videl Valor exists in multiple realities, she is very similar appearance-wise in each universe, but each has its unique quirk and personality. SHL Videl is the embodiment of pride, and more loyal towards herself, and is a master at the sport of hockey, however, her biggest drawback is that she could be easily manipulated by peer pressure. Videl 2 is a master at American football, as she can play at 3 positions at will. Those positions include the position of wide receiver, linebacker, and, running back, just to name a few. This Videl's flaw is a lack of confidence and is not very loyal to her teams, making her very polarizing. The third and final Videl comes from the PBE Universe, where most of her strength comes from and she is the most confident of the three Videl's. Her biggest flaw is that she does not get successful most often and fails at everything outside of the sport she plays. Each one has its particular issue because nobody is truly a "perfect" person.
(173 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Prompt 2: There are quite a few critical lynchpins in my history thus far. We start in the SMJHL, where the Vancouver Whalers let me on as a pre-draft prospect. That first taste of a deep run, and especially that first postseason game-winner I scored way back in Game 4 of the Season 57 quarterfinals, gave me a taste for the deep run. For the glory that we all pursue.

What if I hadn't got that chance?

I would reason that I would have been signed by a team with a good locker room, though on the ice, it would just not have been enough. They built themselves something special in Newfoundland in the late 50s. Something that they probably could have got without me, though there was no guarantee that I'd be part of a Cup run like that. Maybe going further down the Draft carries over into the SHL Draft, where I'm similarly not as desired and go in the second round there. Maybe I'm not part of a big rebuild project in Manhattan, though I might see myself down the depth charts, called up a season earlier, and in no position to be named an SHL All-Rookie. Maybe I'm part of an ascendant team or one in a good position to be consistent. Or maybe I'm on another team in the lower end of the wheel of fortune. The few accomplishments along the way have soothed some of the current woes. And that first taste got me hooked that I'm willing to put in the tough grind for more. Maybe without that first chance, I just fall in and become another one of many of that class.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Golden Face often wonders about some of his past experences and if there was anything he could improve on. Just recently I was informed of a trade and now im in the process of moving to the new england wolfpack. He queestions if there was something more he could have done to help his team or make himself better and regrets not spending the moment after practice going the extra step to improve. If he could go back he would take the extra time to work on the areas he was missing and help build up that team. Allowing them to push for a championship sooner with him on the team. Beyond that he would have checked the site more during SHL juniors draft period as he was unaware how much forum scouting was gone and feel that he missed out on several great opportunities to sell himself to some of the other teams and make a first impression

[Image: f7.png]

Prompt 2

It's interesting to think about where else I could've ended up, because I honestly don't know. There's definitely a non-zero chance I would have ended up in San Francisco if Los Angeles didn't pick me up, because of my ties to AgentSmith. I imagine Tampa would have been a possible destination too, similar reasons regarding a one "Dwight Knight". Even though I know Faelax from the same group of friends IRL, I've been very vocal about not wanting to go to Buffalo, and he was 'cool' with that.

If I were drafted by San Francisco instead of LA, I'm not sure much would've changed with respect to my career. It's not that San Francisco is in a similar rebuilding position - they might've been at one time, but I think the moves LA has made as well as regression accelerated our timeline slightly - but I think I would have played the same role and had pretty similar ice time, give or take a little bit. It's a relief I'm not on that team, though, because I'm truly not that big a fan of purple.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: petrov.png]

Prompt 2

Today we'll take a look at how both my career and the SHL overall would have changed if the S56 draft went a bit differently. Let's pretend that instead of being drafted based on perceived value at the time of the draft, players were instead drafted based on how much TPE they would go on to earn relative to their class at the peak of their careers. Since I currently sit 11th in TPE in the class of S56, instead of getting drafted 46th overall to the Pride I would have been drafted 11th overall to the Renegades. This would've changed the course of history in the SHL. In S59, my first season in the SHL, Texas would be a force to be reckoned with. This is clearly due to the fact that I joined the team and not due to the fact that they would've been good anyways. Due to my presence, Texas wins the S59 cup. Please note that this is a very different situation than what actually happened in the league. To an untrained eye it seems like Texas wins the S59 cup either way, but in this alternate reality it's specifically because I was drafted to the team.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

PT Pass

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

PT PASS

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Everybody thinks about this once in a while or not? I originally got drafted in the 5th round by the Lethbridge Lions (now known as Newfoundland Berserkers) in the S46 SMJHL draft, as the last available goalie from that draft class. What if I had been drafted earlier in the draft? Dozens of players got drafted before me and the majority ended up as busts. Even the goalies that got picked before me. Bad scouting? I have no idea. So... let's pretend I swap places and be the first goalie off the board two rounds earlier and go to Kelowna because they picked the first goalie in the third round. The only other 'non-bust' they drafted would've been none other than Gunnar Söderberg back in the first round. Can you even imagine how different my career would've been? I probably wouldn't have been a backup for my first two seasons and then had a very shitty third year in the J. Maybe there would've even been a chance to win a Four Star Cup?

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Prompt 1:

[Image: 8b5oH0e.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

My career as a William Salming would be probably very different if I had created my player couple weeks earlier. I created it after SMJHL draft and was able to select my team as free agent. Quebec CIty Citadelles General Manager mrs. Evok contacted me and soon we had a done deal. In a year 4 on that club, we won the SMJHL championships. Journey was amazing. I enjoyed to begin grinding from fourth line towards success and bigger role in juniors. I learned that patience is the key. You need to earn the success with hard work. After SMJHL trophy, I have also been part of World Championships Gold Medal teams at WJC and IIHF level. The only trophy I miss anymore is the hardest one, SHL championships title and without earlier experiences in the Quebec City, I couldn't be the player I am at the moment in the Argonauts as a second line two-way winger. We have a solid chance to win the ultimate prize on next couple seasons and hopefully my earlier experiences can bring some winning culture to this club.

[Image: salming.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart