Create Account

S63 PT #4: Into the SHLverse

Prompt 2

The obvious one for me this time around is if my life hadn't gone super messed up and I stuck around as GM of Montreal. I'd obviously still be on the team now, hoping to push the roster forward as GM but besides that, Kaarlo wouldn't have made the move across to Philly when he did. I legitimately feel awful about abandoning the team in the way I did and letting the people on the squad down in the way I did after putting their trust in me, and really regret the way things were handled. In terms of overall player performance for Kaarlo, it's probably true that things couldn't have really gone better for him than they have in Philly. He was an MVP nominee last season and is having another really good year this time around. I can see Kaarlo having a good run ahead of him with the Forge and should be there for a long time to come, so hopefully that does turn out to be the case and out of one awful situation has come a positive now that I have a team that should be home for a long time to come.

Code:
198 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Aumy Jr. had many options where to end up and it's possibly a luck that he ended up exactly on Calgary Dragons. It was very random that he got picked on draft by Buffalo Stampede, but he was happy with it. However, when Stampede decided to get rid of him, they tried to trade him. First possible destination were Minnesota Monarchs who messaged Buffalo Stampede about trading him. However, interest wasn't very long. Later on, Aumy Jr. got released by Buffalo Stampede. His time in free agency wasn't easy, because as the top defender, he only got few messages by GM. He got messaged by Texas Renegades, but conversation ended up quickly because they re-signed a player from their system. Then Mike Izzy and Calgary Dragons showed up and helped Aumy Jr. come back stronger! That's how he ended up on Calgary Dragons. And I'm very thankful to Izzy and KWally for that! These boys are amazing and people might talk bad about us, but that's okay. I hope I will able to stay with Dragons my entire career! Smile

179 words

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2022, 08:16 AM by Eynhallow.)

Prompt # 2

[b]Written Task:  There are still ways to change where you are now. Describe one point in time in your player's career and ponder how it would have gone differently if one key thing was changed. Examples include the draft, FA, being traded, creating in earlier/later seasons, etc. (150+ words).[/b]

It is all about TPE.  The real question here is how could I have been a better player and that boils down to TPE distributed in the right areas.  In the early part of Rinky's career the business of claiming TPE was pretty daunting as I wasn't confident in the process.  I think I may have missed claiming a number of points during that time.  Also, I think that perhaps I should have created an offensive minded defenceman  as they get way more ice time that a forward and, thus, more opportunity to put points of the board.  Overall, though, I am pretty satisfied about how Rinky turned out.  He had a lot of success with the Colorado Raptors.  Subsequently, after no interest was shown by the SHL team that originally drafted him (TBB), the Minnesota Monarchs gave him a chance and provided some direction about how to develop his skillset.  Rinky will likely remain a blue collar kind of player as was his design in the first place.  He is a screener, meaning that he goes to the dirty areas to pick up his points.  Perhaps in a later iteration I will create a finesse type player just to see how that goes.

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

[Image: mx2fHMe.png]

The Danny that came through as a result of the experiment didn't ask for a trade from Minnesota. His stats aren't as good and he's not the same kind of locker room leader in Minny (no A), but he does have a beard.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Prompt 2:

The SMJHL would likely be a rather different landscape if it hadn't been for a single moment in Adelie de Pengu's history. You see, he was originally drafted by the Anaheim Outlaws and after some changes to the organization that sent it into rebuild mode, he ended up getting shipped off to Nevada so the team has more picks to work with in their rebuild. Had the organization not reloaded, Pengu likely stays in Anaheim with what at the time was a pretty solid roster. He doesn't go to reinforce Nevada where he now makes up part of a one two defensive punch between two of the best lockdown defenders in the SMJHL with Moose. This means that Nevada probably isn't one of the best teams in the league right now and would likely be selling off their players as rentals. They invested a ton in this current team to have a shot at the cup and without Pengu, that shot likely isn't as clear. The Berserkers likely have this season on lock, but had things played out differently, they'd have one less threat to worry about this season.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

Prompt 2:

There has been no big turning point in Marcel Beck's career, really. He was drafted by two teams in juniors and SHL, and has played for those teams. No trades, no big contracts, no drama. The only thing that could be construed as a big choice was staying down in St. Louis for the maximum time possible before coming up to Winnipeg. We all know Winnipeg needed all the help they could get the past few seasons, but we all decided it probably didn't matter if I stayed down of came up to the biggies anyways. It ended up not mattering in the least bit because St. Louis stunk up a storm while Winnipeg was also stinking up a storm. L's all around. Surprisingly, this year is pretty decent compared to last year now that Winnipeg called up some of the rookies. Beck is doing relatively great and one has to wonder if he could have done that last year as well (probably not). 

(WC - 164)

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2022, 10:17 AM by Fluw.)

Prompt 2

I think the biggest what if in Gumdunur Kristjansson’s career would have been the S55 SHL Entry draft. I had really good talks with Luke in Manhattan at the time, and was fully expected to be drafted by them, low key actually hoping to however prior to the draft they traded their 1st round pick to New England, and then I was drafted 11th OV by the Wolfpack. In this alternative world I would have likely been on Manhattan, however given the way things work, Luke sold me on the Rage and is now the GM of New England, and I have since parted ways with the franchise in my pursuit of the cup. In this alternative what if timeline, I likely would have been on Manhattan and given the current state of the team, I would have walked in Free Agency to pursue a cup regardless, so nothing would really change all too much, just the origin story would have a different spin on it in the end.

(169 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Prys Richard steps through the portal and immediately asks me to put a kettle on so we can get up to speed on each other's universes. Prys was drafted to Minnesota rather than Toronto in S52. I guess he made more of an impression on them than I did. That, unfortunately, was the beginning of his downward spiral. Moving to Minnesota proved to be too much for him to bear. The weather was too cold and he started eating more and training less. Anaheim never won in S52 in his reality and while Prys did get called up earlier than myself, his career ended after about 3 underwhelming seasons. After his brief SHL career, Prys got into coaching youth hockey in England and Wales and continued his eating habits. Apparently he even lives back at home with mum. The man is barely recognizable as me as he stuffs his face with scones in my living room. Seeing that this conversation isn't doing anything but depressing me, I ask him to leave. Prys looks at me with tears in his eyes and asks me to put him out of his misery. I glance over at the over sized throw pillow on my couch and for a moment I consider doing him this favor. I owe it to him right? Why should I have all the joy and him none? But then I wonder how in the hell I explain this to my wife, much less the police. And I can't carry this lard to the backyard to bury him myself, not when I have a game tomorrow. If that's what you want, you'll have to do it to yourself... in your own reality. I eventually convince him that he has to go, but not before he asks for a date with my wife. Apparently his Minnesota girlfriend left him when he was cut and he has never been able to find love. He tries to convince me that she is "our" wife and for a moment I reconsider the throw pillow. At last, he waddles through the portal that he had entered through and I immediately move to destroy it. As I reflect on what just transpired I find in myself a new resolve to train and make the most out of this career that I'm so lucky to have.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Sometime in the mid S50s, Ronlain was a free agent. He was contacted by multiple teams with many offers that could have tempted him to leave Tampa Bay and possibly have a career somewhere else. He was really coming into his prime at that time and certainly could have had a few good seasons playing for other teams, even though he did have great seasons on Tampa. Some examples of teams that tried to grab him were NOLA, Atlanta, and LA. Those teams all have had mixed results and success since that time but I cant help but think that Ronlain could have been a big piece for them and pushed them a little further and possibly helped make a push all the way to the championship. But, at the same time if we look at who has won championships in that time, I don't think much would have changed in the greater SHL as a whole.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Prompt 2
Not getting drafter by the Whalers changed everything. I got picked up by a different team instead. Good group of people, but they were a bit new to all of this and struggled for the seasons I was with the team. Good news there is that they have since managed to win a championship!  
Niki [Danill Nikiforov] did not play for the same SMJHL team and therefore was unable in a position to know me and recommend me to the Platoon.  I got drafted by the Steelhawks instead in bizarre draft day trade. They traded me away to Toronto while I was still toiling away in the minors. Toronto must have decided they did not like what they saw and traded me to the recent expansion Utah Salt Licks. Utah pulled me out of the minors after my third season. I have played there ever since, with the team doing pretty well in the standings. I am happy to be on SHL team, unaware of alternate self being on a hot contender. Why am I happy? Because I get to play a game I love for money with great teammates. Ship it!

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

ISFL affiliate https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid561821

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

PROMPT 1

When I saw myself step through that portal, initial shock came over me and I didn’t know what to say. It appears the same reaction happened to the alternate me. However, as the alternate me stepped into my world, I noticed him looking at my trophies and accomplishments. It seemed as though he was in awe of these accomplishments, and I couldn’t wrap my head around it, until I hear him murmur under his breath “must be nice”.

“What do you mean, ‘it must be nice’”? He turned to me and explained how he has yet to win anything. In his SHL career, he has tried and tried, but has not been able to get any sort of hardware under his belt.

“Canada hasn’t won an IIHF medal in decades, I struggle to get into the playoffs, let alone win a series, I didn’t leave the SMJHL with any accomplishments, and I haven’t even come close to any SHL individual awards. What’s your secret?”

After some discussion and trying to give him the best chance to get his accomplishments, the portal opens, and it appears to be his world. He looks back, looks at his watch, and leaves through the portal, never to be seen again. I hope he finds a way to break his curse and win something before he calls it a career. Good luck, alternate me.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

here is a huge difference between me and the fake me. Fake me would never step foot inside the State of Washington, let alone the city of Seattle. Unless, of course, it's to kick the Washington Huskies asses in sports (as is tradition). However, in this alternate universe, I somehow got drafted to the other season-whatever expansion draft and wound up on Seattle. I'm in despair. How could something like this ever happen? Even in an alternative reality, this is straight chaos. But it also presents a wonderful opportunity as the fake-me has his deep seeded hate down deep in his soul. I am able to conjure up more dark magic and show him the true reality. He fully buys in and our plans are underway. He will slowly work his way up the hierarchy of Seattle's team, showing interest in management. Eventually one of the Seattle GMs would step down and he would gain access there. He would then trade away every pick and every player for bread crumbs and worms. Seattle will never be successful under his tutelage (not that they ever were without him).

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Prompt 2

I'm going to do this prompt from the perspective of Jon Toner rather than Noel Blanchet. Any of my friends teammates have probably heard me bitch about this and some point or another, but here we go again. I think the switch from STHS to FHM was a career defining moment for Jon Toner. In a negative way. Prior to the switch to FHM, Toner was sitting at 391 points as a defenseman, all with the LA Panthers. He was still the #1 d-man on the team at the time of the switch, although there were younger players that would be moving ahead of him in the depth chart in a few seasons. However at the switch to FHM we were allowed new builds, and with me not knowing anything about the engine I ended up with a more defensive minded build which was not really what Toner was meant to be. I think that if we stuck with STHS Toner would have had #1 minutes for another season or two with top PP time. It's hard to say how many more points I would have had in that case instead of the ~100 or so I managed over 5 seasons in FHM, ending up with just short of 500 points at 499. I think having close to 600 points as a defenseman at the time was a pretty accomplishment, so while I might not have made it that far, it was pretty disappointing all in all.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page