Create Account

Poll: Get rid of tactics?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Remove them.
48.78%
20 48.78%
Keep them.
51.22%
21 51.22%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Idea to Fix Sim
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2022, 12:50 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

Get rid of tactics. Roles are enough.

@WannabeFinn be the hero we need.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

If we dont have access to tactics, that just inherently makes some roles better than others. No matter what configuration of tactics we choose to be the default, some roles will perform better always

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Simon T! Simon T! Simon T!

[Image: Wally.png]

Just get this over and done with and make the switch to Blades of Steel

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

02-21-2022, 01:03 PMThatguy91 Wrote: Just get this over and done with and make the switch to Blades of Steel

On board. Definitely on board!

[Image: Wally.png]

I dont think full tactic removal is the correct option, but I would like to see limit on what can be done at the player and line level tactically because I think thats where a lot of the knowledge gap can occur.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

02-21-2022, 01:03 PMThatguy91 Wrote: Just get this over and done with and make the switch to Blades of Steel
im putting all my tpe into the spaceship minigame on the jumbo

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

no player tactics when

But yes, I agree with what Bfine has said.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

We really need some kind of build limitation. These meta strategies don't work when you use them in the regular game because the players don't have the exact same build. It's unrealstic that you're whole team is made up of a "power forward" type player.

I believe having a good selection of archytypes and a limitation of how many you can have on one team would be very effective in fixing the current problem.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

02-21-2022, 02:01 PMTommySalami Wrote: We really need some kind of build limitation. These meta strategies don't work when you use them in the regular game because the players don't have the exact same build. It's unrealstic that you're whole team is made up of a "power forward" type player.

I believe having a good selection of archytypes and a limitation of how many you can have on one team would be very effective in fixing the current problem.
Based Tommy :prayge:

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Not even a knowledge gap, unless you count not knowing how to cheese the sim the knowledge gap

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

When there's 5 GM spots open you know this isn't working

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Removing tactics will not make the sim better. In fact, it may ultimately make the gameplay worse. I feel the modification in cost for attributes is a first step in the right direction to "normalizing" players and actually making tactics more effective/important than not.

Tactical roles for a player only dictate what that player is supposed to do on the ice within the tactics selected, however in its current iteration with what I call the "Hamilton Meta"....there seems to be a primary focus on 4-5 key, specific skills that when maxed out tend to negate most things.

Its a hot take, but having a cap in the J combined with the new costs for attribute increase, there's more parity there than in the SHL. If the SHL wants to truly have parity and entertainment we need to convert the way WE play to how the game functions...not try to break the game into submission on how we play.

02-21-2022, 12:47 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Get rid of tactics. Roles are enough.

500 tpe hard cap, fixed retirement dates. Get On My Hockey League.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

02-21-2022, 07:36 PMwumaduce Wrote:
02-21-2022, 12:47 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Get rid of tactics. Roles are enough.

500 tpe hard cap, fixed retirement dates. Get On My Hockey League.
Hear me out, what about 425 tpe cap but it only lasts 4-5 seasons.