Create Account

Poll: What are your thoughts on these?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More archetypes/ Cap on all stats
46.97%
31 46.97%
Remove Tactics
30.30%
20 30.30%
HO/Owners Evaluate GM’s every 3 seasons
6.06%
4 6.06%
Compensation picks for young FA departures
12.12%
8 12.12%
Other (specify in comments)
4.55%
3 4.55%
Total 66 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How to fix the SHL: Every Voice Matters
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2022, 12:08 AM by ValorX77.)

How would you, yes, you the casual user, try to fix the league? I have created a poll of some of my ideas on how to fix the league.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2022, 12:07 AM by ValorX77.)

Oops. (Double post)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

I’m definitely a fan of some kind of tactic limitation (just leave general and remove unit and player IMO). But the GM evaluation is never going to happen. There’s already enough of a struggle to get candidates now, if you add performance reviews in there the candidate flow is going to die off even more.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

From the 4 listed, some type of archetype change/limits is the most realistic. The other 3 aren’t realistic at all to do in a practical way

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Remove player tactics and limit a team to one shadow or goon or agitator.

[Image: Wally.png]

player archtypes bb, maybe UFA comes up a bit soon really considering how players aren't super impactful until after they already went through UFA, it would be interesting to see if players were RFA until their peak just to lock in some kind of guarantee that every player you draft will actually be impactful for you at least a little bit, but that would be kind of working against the whole way the league is going with shorter careers being desired for parity reasons

I brought this up in a Discord, but what has been done is pretty much completely backwards from what’s healthy or good for a team. Instead of building your team and finding the best strategy for them to play to their strengths and succeed, the meta is to railroad them into boxes and build your team to play to the narrow strat, which doesn’t seem healthy.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2022, 02:19 AM by mcpumpkin.)

Organize your shit so we can figure out when scheduled things are actually happening

Stop making J players write about the SHL for PTs and stuff I literally do not care about any of you outside of Philly and even then I'd rather be doing Kraken stuff while I'm here

I'm double dipping this complaint - why do J players do SHL championship week? Literally actually why

You've learned to stop being so stingy with money for the GMs, now lets find more ways to do that for the players. I've seen tons of great recommendations in other threads get lost between the awful copypastas

Get rid of the WJC

Just off the top of my head

02-24-2022, 01:57 AMmcpumpkin Wrote: Organize your shit so we can figure out when scheduled things are actually happening

Stop making J players write about the SHL for PTs and stuff I literally do not care about any of you outside of Philly and even then I'd rather be doing Kraken stuff while I'm here

I'm double dipping this complaint - why do J players do SHL championship week? Literally actually why

You've learned to stop being so stingy with money for the GMs, now lets find more ways to do that for the players. I've seen tons of great recommendations in other threads get lost between the awful copypastas

Get rid of the WJC

Just off the top of my head
I agree with the others but why remove WJC? It’s a lot of peoples first chance to GM and it gives J players an opportunity to see the ice in the off-season. I don’t see any benefit to removing it.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

I love that people are wanting archetypes. Please please please!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

02-24-2022, 01:57 AMmcpumpkin Wrote: Get rid of the WJC

Getting rid of WJC when we need more GMs would be shooting ourselves in the foot

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

02-24-2022, 01:57 AMmcpumpkin Wrote: Organize your shit so we can figure out when scheduled things are actually happening

I've been working on this one @mcpumpkin . I plan to have the finished product our shortly once it is reviewed and 100% approved by the HO groups.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

02-24-2022, 12:28 AMBfine Wrote: I’m definitely a fan of some kind of tactic limitation (just leave general and remove unit and player IMO). But the GM evaluation is never going to happen. There’s already enough of a struggle to get candidates now, if you add performance reviews in there the candidate flow is going to die off even more.
i agree with the first part, but give GMs the ability to adjust PP and SH tactics, and leave 5v5 units as the global tactics

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

02-24-2022, 01:57 AMmcpumpkin Wrote: You've learned to stop being so stingy with money for the GMs, now lets find more ways to do that for the players. I've seen tons of great recommendations in other threads get lost between the awful copypastas

ngl, making money is so easy now, what more do you want? in like the last 10 seasons, they’ve done the following:

- basically doubled Twitter payout (~4mil a season)
- increased podcast payouts when podcasting in groups
- increased job compensation
- added in additional x2 media weeks
- added in a monetary payout for recruiting users (~3mil)
- implemented smjhl bounties (~2mil)

You can basically max earn if you factor in contract money (3-6mil), Twitter every week (~4mil), fantasy (~1mil), and a single job (~5 mil).

If lack of money is what holds you back from max earning, maybe try and get a job? It’s super easy to earn money nowadays, and thus, many jobs that are open aren’t experiencing many applicants. A lot of the jobs aren’t a lot of work either.

IMO the league has already done a lot to make affording weekly training and max coaching easy, so I’m kinda curious as to what more you would want them to do?

The rest of your point is fair, but still don’t really address the elephant in the room, which is the sim engine lol

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

universal basic income

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho