Create Account

Second interview with Jeff!

Interviewer: We are here with our second interview with Jeff Santiago. How are you feeling today?

Jeff: Pretty good

Interviewer: Now. What are the important things are you going to work on for your career?

J: uhh...What I always work on is my skill on defense. Everyone needs a forward who could defend pretty well every now and...daaa...so I decided to go to work there.

I: But what about offense?

J: Oh don't worry! Back when I was playing for the Yonkers Kings, I was always good at rebounds and getting the assist. I will do great.

I: Are you intimidated by players twice your body frame?

J: No not really! I played for and against 14-16 year olds who...most of them were already 6 feet. No sweat.

I: Can you take a guess who will draft you?

J: Uhh...well...I got a few messages from the Scarecrows and the Outlaws and they seem interested in me...sooo...maybe one of them

I: What do you do after getting up every morning on a game day?

J: I was in school when I played for the Yonkers Kings. Usually what I do every morning before school I would eat cereal or a bagel... sometimes would have some coffee...

I: Coffee?

J: Yes lol...I know I shouldn't be drinking coffee so young but I did every now and then.

I: What kind of kid were you at school? Were you popular?

J: I was the quiet kid who loves hockey lol yeah nobody liked hockey where I grew up, so I may have sticked out like a sore thumb. But I was cool with everybody.

I: How was it like to be the only kid who liked hockey?

J: Kinda tough. See, the hockey stereotypes I usually get was that they only fight and have Russian names but it's definitely more than that. But I wasn't the only kid. If I was, then I wouldn't have been here. So shout out to my friends who had connections to the Kings, my former team.

I: Being that you're from Puerto Rican descent, do you speak Spanish?

J: Si, me encanta el juego de hockey...lol my Spanish is pretty broken...I'm working on it. But I understand Spanish very well...shout out to my family.

I: And being that you're from the Bronx, are you familiar with hip hop?

J: Of course!

I: Favorite rapper? 

J: I...have alot of favorites

I: Who do you listen to right now?

J: J. Cole, Joyner Lucas, tech N9ne, Eminem...and alot of artist from the 90s...shout out to DMX RIP...he was a legend I used to always listen to him before my games.

I: And what are you doing in the meantime?

J: Working on this backyard baseball fan fiction I've been making. (yes I am in real life. 23 CHAPTERS DEEP GUYS)

I: Ok thank you for your time.

J: Anytime man!