Create Account

pronouns on profile

hey!

i'd appreciate it if you guys added "he/they" - "she/they" pronouns to the list of pronouns i could use? if its already there mb, id appreciate that tho bc i'd like to have "he/they" as my pronouns listed

nice suggestion! I think that should be easy enough to update and add

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

03-10-2022, 11:16 PMSamee Wrote: hey!

i'd appreciate it if you guys added "he/they" - "she/they" pronouns to the list of pronouns i could use? if its already there mb, id appreciate that tho bc i'd like to have "he/they" as my pronouns listed

There already is

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

03-10-2022, 11:48 PMluke Wrote:
03-10-2022, 11:16 PMSamee Wrote: hey!

There already is

@Samee Click your username in the top right, "Edit Profile," should be the first dropdown under "Additional Information." At least that's where it is for me

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

03-10-2022, 11:54 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
03-10-2022, 11:48 PMluke Wrote: There already is

@Samee Click your username in the top right, "Edit Profile," should be the first dropdown under "Additional Information." At least that's where it is for me
i dont see he/they option! :(

[Image: qQE8Du6.png]

03-10-2022, 11:57 PMSamee Wrote:
03-10-2022, 11:54 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: @Samee Click your username in the top right, "Edit Profile," should be the first dropdown under "Additional Information." At least that's where it is for me
i dont see he/they  option! :(

[Image: qQE8Du6.png]

@DrunkenTeddy

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Ok

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

samee log on bloons man

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Getting a bit pedantic here, but he/they doesn't scan as a grammatically correct pronoun combination. he/them would make sense, because you would not say, "He is running, and I am watching they" - you would say, "He is running and I am watching them

I'm all for freedom of personal expression and embracing individuality, but language has rules!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

03-11-2022, 03:03 AMMuerto Wrote: Getting a bit pedantic here, but he/they doesn't scan as a grammatically correct pronoun combination. he/them would make sense, because you would not say, "He is running, and I am watching they" - you would say, "He is running and I am watching them

I'm all for freedom of  personal expression and embracing individuality, but language has rules!

I'm not an expert, but he/they and she/they pronouns are usually used by people who use both gendered and neutral pronouns. It's easier to say and understand for most people compared to he/them or she/them. One of the people I know who uses he/they prefers those pronouns to express their gender fluidity. The other uses them because it offers flexibility as they transition.

You're right, though. It's a confusing counter to grammar rules when you first come across it.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

samee log on bloons man

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

03-11-2022, 03:14 AMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote:
03-11-2022, 03:03 AMMuerto Wrote: Getting a bit pedantic here, but he/they doesn't scan as a grammatically correct pronoun combination. he/them would make sense, because you would not say, "He is running, and I am watching they" - you would say, "He is running and I am watching them

I'm all for freedom of  personal expression and embracing individuality, but language has rules!

I'm not an expert, but he/they and she/they pronouns are usually used by people who use both gendered and neutral pronouns. It's easier to say and understand for most people compared to he/them or she/them. One of the people I know who uses he/they prefers those pronouns to express their gender fluidity. The other uses them because it offers flexibility as they transition.

You're right, though. It's a confusing counter to grammar rules when you first come across it.

This does make more sense, thanks for pointing that out. I have a personal interest in trying to learn more about non-binary ways of speaking - fun fact I learned that my brothers and sister would refer to my child as their nibling, rather than niece or nephew.

Anyway, You can see where the confusion might lie, in that he/him, she/her, and they/them are paired pronouns (as referenced in the options for your pronouns that are listed) in terms of being different was of referencing the same individual, whether as the active noun or the passive noun in a sentence. e.g. "She is running, I am watching her"

But if someone preferred to go by he/they as the active pronoun, then logically the conjoining passive pair word would be him/them -

"He/they is running, and I am watching him/them"

or

"She/they is running, and I am watching her/them"

That's all! Sorry

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

samee log on bloons man

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

03-11-2022, 03:31 AMMuerto Wrote:
03-11-2022, 03:14 AMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: I'm not an expert, but he/they and she/they pronouns are usually used by people who use both gendered and neutral pronouns. It's easier to say and understand for most people compared to he/them or she/them. One of the people I know who uses he/they prefers those pronouns to express their gender fluidity. The other uses them because it offers flexibility as they transition.

This does make more sense, thanks for pointing that out. I have a personal interest in trying to learn more about non-binary ways of speaking - fun fact I learned that my brothers and sister would refer to my child as their nibling, rather than niece or nephew.

Anyway, You can see where the confusion might lie, in that he/him, she/her, and they/them are paired pronouns (as referenced in the options for your pronouns that are listed) in terms of being different was of referencing the same individual, whether as the active noun or the passive noun in a sentence. e.g. "She is running, I am watching her"

But if someone preferred to go by he/they as the active pronoun, then logically the conjoining passive pair word would be him/them -

"He/they is running, and I am watching him/them"

or

"She/they is running, and I am watching her/them"

That's all! Sorry
I read it as either:

"She is running" or
"They are running"

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

03-11-2022, 03:14 AMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote:

I have another question about this. Since the 3rd person pronouns usually aren't used by the person themselves, but by other people talking about them, how is everyone supposed to know which pronoun they're supposed to use at any moment? And if they don't really care if people use the gendered or the neutral pronoun, why is there a need for the flexible option?
I'm not trying to offend anyone, just curious about the topic.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath