Create Account

new PHI CO-GM here... ASK ME ANYTHING!
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2022, 02:48 PM by gurbs.)

Hey all, I was recently hired as Philly's new co; so I am going to use this as an excuse to earn some money. Ask away, or don't...

03-11-2022, 02:01 AMhonkerrs Wrote: shoes?

feet pics?

03-11-2022, 02:16 AMEvil_AllBran Wrote: Being a new team Philly doesn't have a reputation or a rich history like a lot of the other teams in the league and those outside of the team won't really know what the team is like. As someone who was drafted during the expansion what are some things that you'd like people are the league to know about the team and players?

I love this team honestly, & my answer would be the same if I were CO or not. Being one of the first players taken in the expansion draft, I had no idea what to expect. I was very comfortable in Toronto and honestly did not want to leave, but that's life. Changes happen and you just hope that things work out. Ass & Honks did an amazing job setting the foundation and creating such a welcoming LR. Then they hit homerun after home run in the entry drafts, setting this team up with some amazing prospects. We've made playoffs each year since our inception and I could not be more proud of the direction we are taking as a team. My hope is that I can continue to highlight our wonderful players, and set the foundation for years to come.

03-11-2022, 03:16 AMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: What do you expect to be the biggest challenge for Philly in the next couple of seasons? How is Stella taking the news?

We recently celebrated her 2nd birthday a couple of days ago, she is growing up so fast. Stella keeps wondering why I am spending so much more time at my desk and not with her cuddling, I don't think she understands that her dad has to work more to keep up with all her demands.

I think the biggest challenge for us will be the same that faces the SHL itself, just keeping people interested and invested. With everyone being able to go outside finally and life becoming somewhat normal I think people are spending less time on their devices. Overall, I think people are just getting burnt out and wanting to take a break, which is totally understandable. I think a big part of that will be keeping the LR a fun and chill place to be in, it helps with team engagement and just keeping everyone involved.

03-11-2022, 11:54 AMhhh81 Wrote: How does it feel to start GMing against the person that first drafted FNLN to Colorado?

What are you most excited about?

To answer the first part of your question, I honestly think it's so crazy. I still remember joining the site after seeing a Reddit post while on vacation not really knowing how the site works. I kinda just winged it and didn't really think I was going to be drafted, so when I got the ping that I got drafted I was super excited. To this day super grateful to you and the Raptors for taking a chance on me. Looking back, if I didn't get drafted I probably would have just left the league and would have never got to meet so many cool people and make so many memories. Who would've thought huh?

I am super excited to see where we can take Philly. This is my first management role so I am trying my best to sit back and soak up as much information as I can. I look forward to my first trade negotiations even if it's Ass leading the way, I think it will be a super cool learning experience. I look forward to our teams battling it out on the ice and may the best team win!

03-11-2022, 12:08 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: swedens?

ARE THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD! ALL HAIL KING CARL <3

03-11-2022, 12:19 PMKaleSalad Wrote: What is your favourite story in The forges short history?

Honestly, I have a few moments that stick out to me. The first one has to be when Fred saved his neighbours' kid from the tree... I don't know why but that whole saga was so funny to me. The whole LR was loving it and it felt like a team bonding experience. The "Good Guy Fred" name was born and the rest is history. Another moment that sticks out to me is our last playoff run, I know it ended in 6 games but I think it was a good experience for all of us. It was also fun being up 2-0 and thinking we had a chance :kek:

03-11-2022, 01:57 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: how does it feel knowing you have a very low bar to surpass seeing as you’re replacing @honkerrs who is low key stinky?

Yeah, it shouldn't be that hard, the bar is pretty low... On the real though, I have a ton of appreciation for Honks. He's been an amazing friend and he was one of the big reasons I ended up in Philly. From our time together in Toronto to Philly, its been a blast and I am glad to call him a friend!

03-11-2022, 02:10 PMhonkerrs Wrote: what doyou feel you bring to the table vs your previous co gms youve had in toronto and philly

Of course, you ask me the hard questions... I have big shoes to fill for real. Back in Toronto, I had ML & Ursin as my GMs who were both studs. They are a big reason I stuck around when I made it to the SHL. ML traded a bag of pucks for me and look how that worked out for him... I need a trade like that to go my way. I was a low-earning prospect that turned into a max earner after they traded for me. Then when I came to Philly, Ass & Honks did an amazing job setting this team up for the future.

Ask me this question again in a few months and I think I will have a better answer for you. Honestly, if I'm anything like Honks or Ursin as CO I will be pretty well off.

03-11-2022, 03:05 PMspooked Wrote: Y?

Z?

03-11-2022, 03:18 PMBongo Wrote: Where is PHILLY realistically at?  Seller? Buyer? Tear it all down?

Who is coolest guy in the philly LR?

Who will win Challenge Cup and why is it Hamilton again?

That is a super good question, Philly is in a wierd phase right now. We are good enough for playoffs and have a decent squad but would need a lot more to compete with the big boys. We are also fairly new as you all know so its hard to justify selling the farm to make a run, just doesn't make sense. I would call us a conservative buyer, so if the right deal comes up we might pounce on it, but in general we are just staying back and letting the rookies devolp.

The COOLEST guy in the Philly LR has to be you.. this isn't up for discussion.

Yeah......... screw Ham :kek:

[Image: gurbs.gif]

shoes?

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

Being a new team Philly doesn't have a reputation or a rich history like a lot of the other teams in the league and those outside of the team won't really know what the team is like. As someone who was drafted during the expansion what are some things that you'd like people are the league to know about the team and players?

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

What do you expect to be the biggest challenge for Philly in the next couple of seasons? How is Stella taking the news?

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

How does it feel to start GMing against the person that first drafted FNLN to Colorado?

What are you most excited about?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

swedens?

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

What is your favourite story in The forges short history?

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

how does it feel knowing you have a very low bar to surpass seeing as you’re replacing @honkerrs who is low key stinky?

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

what doyou feel you bring to the table vs your previous co gms youve had in toronto and philly

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

Y?

Where is PHILLY realistically at? Seller? Buyer? Tear it all down?

Who is coolest guy in the philly LR?

Who will win Challenge Cup and why is it Hamilton again?