Create Account

S64 mPT #3: Secret Handshake

Last game against your rivals they pulled off an insane trick play the involved infiltrating your team minutes before stepping on the ice. The coach has called a team meeting and says you need a super secret way to be able to identify who your real teammates are. What is it?

Your task: Come up with a way to be sure your teammates are who they say they are! Is it a complicated handshake? A secret identifying item you all carry? Do you all have to learn the GM's mother's maiden name? What do you do?
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47uy8wrsx2vwq5fhpbys...y.gif&ct=g]

25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, April 10th at 11:59pm EST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.

This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

Code:
Your task: Come up with a way to be sure your teammates are who they say they are! Is it a complicated handshake? A secret identifying item you all carry? Do you all have to learn the GM's mother's maiden name? What do you do?

In order for me to verify my teammates identity, I ask them what sort of discord emotes I use a lot in our team LR? Only my teammates would know the answer to this so this would be used to determine who my real teammates are.

(46 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

The Argonauts would likely invent certain key phrases in order to deter the possibility that our team has been compromised. It could range from a phrase in a foreign language, to a phrase that makes absolutely no sense at all without this context, to, I don't know, starting a sentence with "sad" and ending it with "sad".

Sad whatever it takes to minimize the risks I guess sad.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 09:05 PM by hockeyiscool. Edited 1 time in total.)

As socially acceptable as a handshake would be, in the past Tampa instead has a dicks out shake. To ensure that it was acceptable for all people it is instead a junk out.

To verify my teammates' identity I would simply ask them about stuff I've said in the LR. I have some...rather hot takes and unpopular opinions, lol.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

There are several subtle and not so subtle ways to tell whether someone has spent any length of time in the QCC locker room, but the surest way of all is to see what they say when @The Roope Hintz Effect walks into the room.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Everyone on the team needs to pray to our lord Yoshi and rate me on a scale from 1-10. If the prayers are not meaningful Yosh will know and if they rate me above a 7 I know they are lying.

We would all learn some random fact about space (have to keep the Argonaut theme going) and test anyone that goes to step on the ice in a Seattle jersey.

30 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

"Because the team is at extreme risk, I will now be wearing a special set of glasses that will be perfect for ocular patdowns. Now I can determine a subjects threat level without them being able to feel my retinal assessment."

If it worked for Mac on It's Always Sunny then it works for me.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Here on the Chicago Syndicate, we have many many facts about the windy city that we have to remember in order to keep our locker room sacred.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2022, 01:52 PM by Keven. Edited 1 time in total.)

To identify proper members of the team, we would all agree on a secret place to point on the r/place canvas. For the Citadelles, we could point at the owl at 243, 1011. For the Pride, we could point at the lion at 571, 384.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Quote:Your task: Come up with a way to be sure your teammates are who they say they are! Is it a complicated handshake? A secret identifying item you all carry? Do you all have to learn the GM's mother's maiden name? What do you do?

Handshakes on the ice will prove difficult. An item carried into the locker room could also be easily stolen or misplaced; potentially seeing how excited they get when the Krakens or respective squidlets are mentioned. Though like the others have suggested, a rallying few key phrases here and there that is changed up every season so that Kraken members can't recycle if they leave the team or encounter someone who isn't who they say they are.

Though a secret LR handshake would be pretty dope too.

I use that unironically.

[Image: boeck.png] [Image: boeck2.png]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] ⚖️ [Image: HKi05IH.png]
Germany Blizzard Kraken
thank you for the signatures made by @Ragnar

There are a few special things we do for pre-game warmups that are different from other teams. The most important thing is the bowl of pomegranate seeds we leave out on the catering table. They are NEVER supposed to be touched. We'd know for sure someone was out of the ordinary if some crazy person were to eat from that bowl!

Code:
61 Words

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

Any 'real' Toronto player knows what's special about 10x10 (and we could even ask for the correct historical order to make it more difficult) and if they can't explain it they aren't on our team.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

To make sure my teammates are who they really are, I would just ask them all to one same question: Who has most money earned in jeopardy on the locker room discord channel game? Only people in our locker room could find the answer.

[Image: salming.png]