Create Account

S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs

So when people talk about "cliques" forming on professional sports teams during chartered jet flights to get from game to game due to the travel heavy nature of the SMJHL and the many hours on that plane. The Newfoundland Berserkers are no strangers to that with creepy historian but awesome friend Sopath and Rand forming the kick ass reading club, Jucc, Toast and Vic forming the assholes and drunkards organization limited (yes this is because you traded me Toast, I will never forgive you.) Ham stays to himself, sitting in solitude basking in his infinite sim wisdom and glorious ways. But there is one group, so exclusive, so difficult to get in only two players in SMJHL history qualify to make the group discussion. Yes, it's the 70+ point scoring defenseman club of Rand al'Thor and Mikko Rashford, two SMJHL legends who have pushed each other towards striving to be the best. Rashford himself recently became the all time smjhl leading scoring defenseman for a career with 199 points. Rand is within very close striking range at 168 with a season to go.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Honestly, as you fly across the country time and time again as a hockey team, there's only so many things you can do to keep yourself entertained. There's probably internet on the plane, so you can stream movies or shows, and you could play some minor online games like the prompt suggests, however I think the thing that I personally would be most interested in is sleeping on the plane as long as it's a longer ride. Anything over 4 hours, I'm getting some shuteye, because god knows it's tiring playing hockey so much. However, on the shorter flights, I'd love to have some dungeons and dragons games break out. I'd DM a few games for sure, and since the rides would be 3-4 hours, we can easily get in a 2 hour game session and still have time to read or call home or do really anything else that you may need to do. It would be hella fun.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Pp pass

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

PT Pass

Berserkers Patriotes Finland
[Image: EX8JdSr.png][Image: yGcdOWc.png][Image: Bphj82E.png] [Image: BxfKXyg.png] Credit to Redderder15 for the sig
[Image: UDU9SiD.gif]

On our team plane there is the Dungeons and Dragons club. These people will literally play D&D every chance they get. Often you see John DuBolk DMing with Vincent Metieore sometimes taking DM duties when DuBolk runs out of ideas. But they'll play for six hours straight and sometimes stay on the plane to finish their game. Then you have the high stakes poker club. This is something that I have taken part in but only a few times. I mainly like to watch. You can find my linemates Ryuuji Kawashima and Gonzo Gobledygook playing games with a big blind of 1k. One time I saw Gonzo finish a game up 70k. Now because all these same lads play again and again, he eventually lost it back but still. No one ever really goes broke because the winners buy dinner for the losers but it's still too risky for me. Last you have the movie club. These guys spend an hour before every flight deliberating over what movies will be shown on the plane and once we're in the air they are all plugged in and you cannot talk to them until we land. Freaks.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT
ok i really love to be creative, jet huh? ok so party jet is really great thing, but getting high when tomorrow we have game really kinda hard, but why not right? getting high in jet if there are no game tomorrow seems fine for me, a lots of booze and jacuzi is the best. Ok enough party , how about some game night? yeah i know sometimes wee need to rest, but having fun while in jets is also great, how about poker table? gonna be fun right? plus gonna have some tv and playstation, for someone who didn't like to play poker. We can use the TV to watch game tape to get ready for our next game. And the last gonna be a mini bed i think, gonna be needed for rest, after all the party, the game night, and watch the game tape, i need to take a rest also. so yeah mini bed would be nice to rest on

Creative Prompt:

With the ever evolving training and psychological plan that SHL teams are needing to undertake to ensure that their players are at the top of their games, it only makes sense that team jets will need to evolve around simply being comfortable ways for the teams to travel. They spend a ton of time on the air, and this could be better utilized when players are on road trips, and unable to spend much time at the rinks. Of course rest will still need to be factored in, but for those times when the players are itching for something to do, they will have an opporutnity to work, and potentially give themselves some extra time to explore the city.

I think I would be looking at a few key facilities that would be beneficial to be on the flight:

1. A small weight room - It doesn't have to be crazily put together, but a couple dumbbells and a bike will help players keep their bodies moving to prevent stiffness, or allow them extra time to rehab injuries while on a flight.

2. A film room - While it won't be large enough to fit the entire team, a small breakout room where groups can review film would help them become extra prepared for the game. Whether it's bringing in a powerplay unit or a line, it could serve as extra time to help handle out some kinks.

3. Quiet relaxation room - Let's face it, being a professional athlete can be stressful, and some players sure can be loud on the flights when others are trying to zone out and get their rest in. This room will serve as a dark room where players can go to sleep, or relax with minimal noise interference.

I think that these will help solve some of the issues players face when traveling, and allow them extra time to be at the top of their game through whatever they might need.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Prompt 2

My dream hockey jet will definitely have to be a combination of both relaxation and preparation. The jet will contain two separate rooms, both containing a large screen. In one room, contains hot tubs, comfy sofas and reclining chairs. The other room contains a more business like setting with desks and laptops on each one. Each room will be able to be used for watching film or casual relaxation and watching shows or gaming, but which room you go to depends on how you want to do each of these activities. There’s a space to make notes or even use smaller monitors for gaming or watching film, or you can relax after a hard game and do a more casual film study or just relax altogether. Balance has always been key for Wong, and too much of the same thing will most likely cause a lost of focus while film studying. A change of scenery everyday is good for the mind and has worked so far for Ezra in his career.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

Player prompt:

Manhattan has spent a lot of time traveling on the jet to an from games all across North America, and Tomas has not really gotten the hang of the long travel times. Fortunately there are a lot of fellow Swedes that come from the same background of long trips in either cars or train instead of in the air. Now, Tomas likes to sleep, like a lot. Take-off and landings are horrible as the turbulence and feelings of weightlessness is scary so Tomas is usually sound asleep well before the jet gets on the runway. Drifting off into sleep both reduces his anxiety of flying and makes the time pass by very quickly.

The other members of the team are usually spending the time watching movies or playing video games, the latter of which can get quite loud so they have been placed far and away from the sleepers of the team.

Code:
Words:153

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

The Buffalo Stampede have a lot of different groups on the plane but you can mostly find Greyson Cooper hanging out at the card table usually playing crib against some of his teammates or any card game really. Some days when he’s feeling a little tired he also spends some time alone just chilling & playing on his switch to make time pass by. That’s usually on red eye flights where he ends up sleeping for most of the trip. However you will 80% of the time see him in the card club & usually winning, his family played tons of games & card games growing up so he’s had lots of practice. The guys don’t really make bets with him anymore because he’s gave them a run for their money! Other then that the Buffalo Stampede plane has the guys who also booze the whole ride at the back & the guys who have the virtual head sets on playing golf or bowling in the front where there’s more room.
171 words

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

PLAYER PROMPT
The plane shenanigan's, stuff no one wants to talk about or admit, but every ones. In St. Louis we like to go chill in the Jet. Older players like to play some cards, watch movie, maybe sleep and catch up some jet lag that comes with the job and travel. Rookies still go ape shit crazy in the jet and try and mess with some of the older players who sleep, only to not succeed and get yelled by the manager and having to do some extra skating. Truck likes to chill, He's still fascinated by the american way of living so he doesn't fool around much, and as the teams captain he wishes to lead by example. Most of the time he's watching movies or shows. Sometimes he decides to play cards with few of the other guys, like the goalie Joshua and defender Jayden. Sometimes they bet dinners, sometimes nothing, depends on the mood of the plane and games

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

I actually would rather ride a sky dragon myself.

You see, ages ago, when MSN Messenger had yet to be sunk to oblivion by Microsoft, yours truly was an avid player of a Pokémon RPG with some friends. We used a bot to determine the outcome of battles and the rest was basically riding on people's personalities - ergo the group's womanizer tried to hit up the nurses and policewomen, the dungeon master played hero ninety-nice percent of the times and I was the one who used to try and piss people off. Needless to say, when it came time for us to catch legendaries, I opted for Rayquaza and the reason was something I made a secret to everyone.

Come the time for the Championship, cue Junior Kickstart by the Go Team blaring all across the arena while my character makes his triumphant entrance, riding his Rayquaza through the clouds and rain. Totally worth it.

...So, yeah, sky dragons or nothin'.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2022, 11:09 PM by mcpumpkin. Edited 1 time in total.)

"CREATIVE" PROMPT

The ultimate hockey plane would have to be like a limo in the air, but for hockey and have less fuzzy carpeting. Have you ever spilled water on just the wrong part of carpet and it gets all nasty goddamn imagine the rank dank from all the cuts from the hockey skates. Anyways the perfect plane would be like a limo, but like the air version of one of the obnoxious double wide limos that take up two lanes and have a turning radius that cannot handle the average roundaboot. The plane would have a full one on one practice rink inside it kinda like the one Ricky made in his trailer that one time, and play the first games of hockey to be influenced by turbulence. Nothing messes up a goalies rhythm like being thrown to the ceiling after a lil dip, or being forced into a shootout cause we've gotta get back to our seats for landing.

On the Montreal Patriotes plane, there have been many groups that have formed over the last couple of seasons, starting with the players who can discuss multiple leagues, like the ISFL and PBE, the football and baseball equivalents to this league, which Wilson is one of the main members of, as well as Hagan who discuss baseball and their favorite team, the Indy Apex, which Hagan's brother is on. AS for the other groups, the goalies like to stay together, like Vertigo and prospect/backup Brick Wall, both of which like to compare their seasons to those of White Goodman past, and look forward to the future knowing that the bar for MTL's best goalies is not that hard to reach. WE also have the defensemen and wingers always working together to discuss the gameplan for the next game, this case it being against the Hamilton Steelhawks, who've they have had some success this season, and anything can happen in the playoffs.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]

I think that Anton would like Air Force One kind of plane, because it's the most safest place in the world when there is crisis, but it's also target number one, so there would be some cons too. Air Force One have great furniture, newest technical, bedrooms etc to rest from rough games. There is also a lot of servants only for you, so it would be nice definitely. Of course my Air Force One would have own section to all pets from Anton's Pet Daycare and they would have a lot of toys there, a lot of free space to wander all around and of course treats and some servants to pet and play with them. There is also beds to each other them, but if they prefer sleep at floor, that's completely fine! Anton get rest best when he is middle of those his loved customers. He love them so much.

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]