Create Account

S64 PT #5: Was it All? Was it Nothing?

What's next for me? I'm starting to see the light. With Kennedy and Twist hanging up the skates this season and taking their last tour around the league, it's becoming more and more clear that my time is near. I didn't quite have the season that I wanted to offensively, but we were able to pick up the President's Trophy which is what matters most. To be part of a team and an experience like that is something that I'll always cherish. For now, I'm focused on playoffs and trying to make sure we do everything we can to bring that cup home to Chicago. Kennedy got a cup already but Twist missed out, so we'd love to get Patty a chance to have his day with it over the summer. It's going to be a tough road ahead but we've got playoff experience and I think we'll be ready to go this time around.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Code:
Written Task:  What's next for you? If you're headed to the playoffs, how is your player getting ready? What do you anticipate in your matchup? Do you have a contract negotiation on the horizon? Is that distracting? If you aren't going to the playoffs... how are you feeling about your team? Do you have an exciting young group of players? Are you excited for the future, or not so much? Do you love the city you play for, or are you hoping to move on? Tell me about it! (150+ words).

Pablo Salvatici is a free agent this offseason which to some might be distracting but he hasn't faltered in his play during these playoffs. He has generally ignored the rumblings around his lack of a contract for next season but knows that the Atlanta Inferno management want him back and that he won't be going anywhere. He has kept up his play, notching nine points in ten playoff outings this postseason. He has expressed a frustration that his shot isn't finding the back of the net but is keeping in positive spirits before their next matchup. He is getting ready by declaring the entire playoffs a dry period with no alcohol consumed. This resulted in him working harder in practice as he isn't hungover for every ice time. He knows that their upcoming series against the Hamilton Steelhawks will be tough, as they are a team with a championship pedigree that has been in this scenario many times before. Atlanta is a relatively young team that is just making their first conference finals appearance and will need to be mentally tough in order to perform to their best ability and hopefully take down the Steelhawks.

195 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Well, I have to say this season has definitely been the most interesting one that I've had either in SHL or SMJHL. For the first time in my hockey career, I was traded. After spending four-plus years playing for Hamilton, I was traded to Toronto where I'll be playing for the foreseeable future. While our playoff run was shortlived, it was exciting to get a shot at the postseason with my new teammates. It was a lot of change all at once, but I think we gelled pretty quickly and I got to know the North Stars pretty well over the final weeks of the season. They were incredibly welcoming and have big plans for me, so I hope I don't let them down. In talking to management, it was clear that our goals aligned - we want to win the Cup and there's nothing that will deter us from achieving that goal. To say that I'm excited about next year and beyond in Toronto is an understatement. We can do some really big things and I have faith in our management to get the job done. I'll admit that it was a little distracting and disorienting getting used to a new team, but now we're primed and ready for an S65 run.

(212 words)

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

PBE Affiliate

Username: Jumbo instead of Jumbobone19

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

[Image: fTOoCwN.png]

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

As an alternate capitan, staying positive, upbeat, motivated, determined, and mentally strong are all vital to the strength, resilience, and toughness of our team, as a whole. Each of my teammates could be a captain or an alternate, simply based on who they are and what they believe in for themselves and our team. Ultimately, we will be fighting for every win, all together. We may be a young team, but we are relying on the contributions and hard work from those alumni who came before us to help is persevere in these playoffs. Many of them are in our locker room daily cheering for us. Our GMs are encouraging all of us throughout each day. Our team is continuously working together, and I could not be more proud of all that we have accomplished together. As a team, as individuals, and as a hockey community for our adoring fans. (150 words)

[Image: 65157_s.gif]

PBE Claim

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Shit sucks cause we lost to Hamilton for the 90th time and im not looking forward to losing to Hamilton for the 91th time next season and it doesnt really matter who is on the team we prob get clapped either way. Just looking to grind out the rest of my career in buffalo get some more points see if anyone else can get some awards or whatever yanoe. I dont have plans to leave buffalo but maybe at the end of my career if buffalo has no use for me ill go shit around on some rando team that needs bodies and collect more points but with the new tpe system it gets kinda eh. Almost had a little hope this season but that was stupid lol good luck chicago bad luck hamilton. Or maybe LAP wins one that would be interesting they havent won in about 50 seasons crazy times we live in dudes.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2022, 11:12 PM by goldenglutes. Edited 1 time in total.)

player prompt:

what's next for binko? binko koivu? of atlanta inferno fame? well what's next is a playoff run with the colorado raptors with the blessing of our coach mr micool 132 @micool132 we are going to win the cup! after doing that, binko koivu will need to negotiate a new contract with the atlanta inferno of the simulation hockey league. he envisions that the negotiations will be long and hard, and there is no knowing if the negotiations will even pan out. will an agreement be reached between the two parties? will binko walk his way to restricted free agency? well the only way to find out is to stay tuned for the next episode of the suite life of binko and koivus (the title is a play on the show from disney called the suite life of zack and cody except in this show, the suite does not stand for a hotel suite but a box suite in the stadium because binko koivu is not very good at hockey and gets healthy scratched sometimes and also it refers binko and koivus because binko has many koivu siblings who also get healthy scratched like ricky @Gwdjohnson koivu but not their brother paul @Briedaqueduc koivu who is a much better hockey player and does not live the suite life

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Player Prompt

Ryosuke Sato's career is beginning it's short and sharp decline into oblivion. The team he got traded at the beginning of the season lost the series after being up 3-1 with Ryosuke Sato putting up the best numbers he has ever put his entire career. Most would say that his time with the Toronto North Stars really limited a potential superstar and that he should clearly stick around for maybe one more go with the Texas Renegades after a successful season, but maybe a surprise to most, Sato is entering Free Agency to hear interest from teams around the league for his playing ability before he kicks the can. Definitely would love to thank Texas for the season and they are not off the board for Sato returning there, but Ryosuke isn't getting any younger by the day and needs to look towards the cup chasing life, or choosing a retirement team. Ultimately, it will be a very interesting season as Sato is without a contract for the first time since the beginning of his career in the SMJHL.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

PBE affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Noel resigned for another 3 seasons in Baltimore this past offseason, expecting to continue the strong play of the team and keep building towards a cup. We had a great regular season once again and went into the playoffs as a contender, with cup or bust aspirations. We managed to handle the Toronto North Stars in the first round, winning the series 3-1 without too many issues overall. We matched up against Atlanta in the 2nd round, a divisional rival and strong, young team. They unfortunately turned out to be too much for us to handle, beating us in 6 games. Morale around the Platoon locker room is pretty low at the moment. We really have thought we had strong chances to bring home a championship these past few seasons but have fallen short. I think we will bounce back after a bit of time off this offseason and will be ready to go again next season, and I'm sure we can do what's needed to allow us to take that next step.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Hockey Prompt#1 -
This season for the Anchorage Armada did not go as planned at all. Although, they weren't really expecting a whole lot to come from the season anyway. The majority of the team were young players still trying to find their way in the league. We're hoping that next season will be the complete opposite and we'll be able to find much more success on the ice. Even though that the season was a complete toss up, what wasn't was Lord Zomp's performance. He was second on the team in scoring, just one point behind being first. This isn't so bad for a player who's only on his sophomore season and still has two more seasons to go in the league before getting called up. I think that's its safe to say that he'll without question end up becoming not only one of the best goal scorers in Anchorage Armada history, but league history as well.

Looking back, it's been a surreal experience for Minamino in the SHL so far. Lots of highs early on, from winning a challenge cup, to having some productive seasons on his own individually, but somehow despite all of that has only continued to fuel the fire as a team that they'd like to continue to make it all the way. It's a weird feeling, as there are new faces whether most recently or over the last couple seasons, in wanting to not just win for themselves, but wanting to find that success for the players who were there in the organization's first challenge cup win. Then between wanting to continue to uphold the reputation that the team has gained in being a regular season powerhouse, and the difficulties of winning in the postseason, it's given an introspective look to what was once a young player breaking into the league, as a grizzled vet trying to eek out every last advantage in the tough grind of the playoffs.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]