Create Account

Leon needs more money
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2022, 03:45 PM by Spartan.)

Hello everyone, welcome to another horrendously written article where I simply word vomit and topic hop for the purpose of making money. As the entire league has seen by now, trading cards are now a thing, and some dumb, cruel, poor-person hating scrub decided to make packs cost a million each to open. I don't know what kind of scrub has that kind of money to afford 3 packs a week (or day?), weekly training every week, and also the full coaching. But clearly, I am not that scrub, and out of loyalty and obligation to Edmonton who for some reason is still rostering me, I should earn some money.

Topics covered today:

- Updating habits
- Leon's performance in Season 64
- What's in store for Leon's future?
- Another interview between Leon and the mystery reporter
- Recreate thoughts?
- Drama around the SHL
- Reputation in the league

(jk we're not covering those strike-through things today, next media topic - trying to get out of work early and can't save this)

Updating habits
So I was hanging out in Edmonton's locker room today, and we were discussing stats and how the season had gone for us as individuals. I'll admit, I'm not the most active member of the locker room as I really only pop in when I'm bored at work or clearing Discord notifications, so it was a bit late for me to be looking at my season stats. I'll go into detail about that in a bit. However, we were discussing career stats and I realized that the new index showed you how much TPA you had applied in each season, at the final game I believe. When looking at my history, I was pretty shocked. 

In my first SHL season, S61 - my rookie season, I had 781 TPE applied. In S62, S63 and S64, I had 881 TPE applied. Now, I said that I wasn't very active in the locker room, and that also applies to my earning. But I did have solid task streaks going on for a while over the past few seasons, especially when I was motivated to be earning and improving myself for the sake of the team. Consider me very surprised when I saw that I hadn't improved at all over the past three seasons. I went back through my post history to see when my last update was. Obviously it would have been easier to go to my update thread, but I also wanted to see how many other posts I had made during that time, and how frequent those posts had been as well. I didn't really track those, but they were pretty consistent, was being active throughout the weeks and months.

On my 5th page of posts, out of 18, I found my last update: November 23rd, 2021. I don't know exactly which season that was in, but it was certainly a while ago. Naturally my teammates and management were shocked, and questioned me as to why I am the way I am. They were nice about it, don't worry. I explained that nearly from the time I joined the team, I understood that my ceiling wasn't very high due to my own lack of motivation, and was considered to be a long-term third liner. Solid play, a cheap option (basically what I thought a third liner would be) but someone who was a character guy in the LR and provided some activity. I've never really wanted to be a star, despite my jokes about getting paid a supermax deal, or taking over on the first line. Being a GM in the VHL and dealing with the cap while trying to put together cup winning teams, I understand the value of depth, especially cheap depth that isn't a liability. To me, Leon at 881 TPE applied provided just that, while allowing the team to invest cap space towards the real high ceiling and high potential players. 

I am happy with Leon's career, with 150 points in 264 regular season games. I could go and backclaim stuff, but I am also lazy. I am also mildly aware of other teams complaining about teams that succeed with IA's, so I never really wanted to be considered IA, therefore I did tasks. At least if I had somewhat of a forum presence, I couldn't be considered IA even if I wasn't really claiming the tasks I did. It's probably some backwards-ass logic and Boom and Hordle are probably smashing their foreheads into a wall reading this, knowing I've got at least 100+ TPE just sitting around the forums waiting to be claimed, but I'll only claim it if they really need it. Since the team isn't really contending right now, I'm not that pressed to do it. 

Leon's performance in Season 64
Despite being a third line shitter, Leon had a very nice (lucky) career season, going from 15-17-32 with a -20 rating last season to 25-27-52 with a +15 rating this season, while staying on the same line. I genuinely have no idea what changed, I can't recall who my linemates were last season, but my PDO skyrocketed to 105.1 or something so I know Leon had a pretty lucky season. It is just nice to have had a great season and helped the team make the playoffs when the organization wasn't sure if it would happen.

Even though I don't care to be a star on a team, I always wanted to carry my weight. This was a good season in that sense, and I'm happy to have put up decent numbers and helped the team. Leon finished second on the team in points with 52, one short of the team lead of 53, first in goals with 25 and third on the team in assists with 27. Overall, a very strong season for the fourth season pro, who hopefully has magically become decent despite staying at the same TPE level for the past 3 seasons. Funnily enough, Leon did that despite getting the second fewest minutes on the team. Efficient! 

Overall, Edmonton struggled to a record of 28-34-4 for just 60 points, 4th in the division, 7th in the conference, and 13th overall in the league. While it's certainly not what the team had been hoping for or expecting, the team is still relatively young with more prospects and young players joining the team over the past few seasons. The team fully believes that the best years lie ahead and I trust our management to keep us moving forward.

(1,144 words)

My favorite media series .-. I look forward to when Leon needs even more money