Create Account

SMJHL Fireside Update Podcast (PODCAST INSIDE)
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2022, 04:55 PM by ACapitalChicago. Edited 3 times in total.)

Howdy everyone again!

So it's been a bit of a busy week in regards to the J on the forums here, hasn't it? There's been a lot of discussion, suggestions, and overall chattiness in regards to the current state of the J, our past, our future, really just about everything under the sun. We've got a lot of discussion ongoing in J HO about pressing topics, but these conversations are obviously not as visible to those outside of J HO or even outside of being a J GM. As such, I plan on hosting a J HO Podcast to cover some explanations on what's going on, where we're at, and what we hope to accomplish. Currently, my plan is to cover the following topics:
  1. What have we been doing recently
  2. What are we currently discussing
  3. What do we plan on handling in the future
These are broad categories, so I'll provide a few more specifics here. For the first point, I hope to cover some of our recent big rulebook changes, and touch upon some of the disciplinary decisions made lately. We've had some big moving parts mostly explained in the J GM server, and it would be a good idea to make sure more people are aware of these changes. For the second, we've got some hot topics (no not the mall kind) going on right now, including the state of Free Agency in the J, the 350 & 425 caps for the J, 5th season players, and overall activity concerns for the J. But, should you have any specific concerns you wish addressed, please leave a comment here, or even DM myself or another member of J HO and we'll add it to the agenda!

I am absolutely providing a disclaimer here and now, some of the things covered here will not be set in stone. It's entirely possible that a solution we're examining could evolve and change by the time the podcast is posted, so I ask people to temper expectations and understand that these are fluid and constantly changing conversations. The J is a dynamic and everchanging league, so we ask for patience as we work through these issues. But as with the purpose of this podcast, please know that we hear you and we are absolutely working on these issues.

Thank you all for your time, and again, ask away!

Podcast link SPLIT 3 WAYS BETWEEN MYSELF, BRICKWALL35, AND SBURBINE: https://soundcloud.com/user-116711930/fireside-podcast

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

What do you think the ideal state of the J looks like, and how does that differ from the state of the league right now?

There's been a lot of discussion on the role of the J in the greater SHL framework. How do you feel the league (and individual teams) should handle the balance of prioritizing winning and developing players? Are those even competing priorities at all?

With so much discussion on the desirability of call-ups, and the need for SHL and SMJHL teams to coordinate those call-ups to the benefit of both teams and the player involved, how are the SHL and SMJHL HO groups approaching this subject? Are the two groups aligned on their priorities?

When will card pack subscriptions be available as part of SHL contracts?

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Why don't you fire Evok?

[Image: lespoils.gif]

04-06-2022, 07:17 PMlespoils Wrote: Why don't you fire Evok?

praise this man asking the real question

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

In your view, how much time (IRL) should players be staying in the J?

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Apologies for the delay, had an ear infection for a week that made talking difficult. We're recording tonight, so last bump!

S66 Damian Littleton

https://soundcloud.com/user-116711930/fireside-podcast

If this doesn't work, I will sob. Full blown 1h recording of me just full tears. PLEASE TELL ME THIS WORKED

S66 Damian Littleton

Great job on this everyone! Looking forward to seeing these plans play out!

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

IT WORKS!

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Good listen!

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

05-01-2022, 12:24 PMRAmenAmen Wrote: Great job on this everyone! Looking forward to seeing these plans play out!

Exactly that!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]