Create Account

S65 mPT #2: Slang

Hockey talk is starting to get boring! At this point, everyone's called an assist an apple or a stick a twig. Boring, I say! Boring!
Your task: Come up with a few new bits of hockey slang! Tell me a fun new hockey word, what it means, and why.
25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, May 29th at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

Stickle - Take your stick and turn it so that the blade is facing upwards. Then quickly raise it into the opponents armpit. A stickle.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

crab apple- when a player gets down on all fours, turns into a crab and makes an assist on a goal while walking sideways as to confuse opponents

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Wolfpacking it- losing almost every game but not trying too loose ever game, just simply not good enough bottom line one of the worst rosters in the league

Quote:
Citadelles

The term is Ba Ba...it is what we use on the bench instead of a water bottle. The key is that they are all full of jack and coke. Gotta keep loose in order to keep winning!

38 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

The newest slang going around town is the Ketil. You just chirp someone about something they know to be true by claiming it is unequivocally (no real hockey player knows that word ngl) false until they believe you're right. Tag 5 friends to totally Ketil them.

[Image: SHOWNOMERCY-KETIL-VIGN.png]

Glove Trick - When a goalie makes at least ten saves against one player and isn't scored on by them in a single game. At least one of the saves against the player had to have been made with the glove.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

I'm going to partition to change the term from 'a no angle shot' to a 'Buckley's shot' or just a 'Buckley', after the Aussie slang term 'Buckley's chance'. If you actually want to learn about the term then strewth mate check this little link.

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

I am going to try to coin the word "twined" meaning a goal because the puck has hit the twine of the net, hope this makes sense and can't wait to see it catch on and be used by everyone!

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Bucking it. When two players of opposing teams fight. They’re bucking it up to see who’s the better man and who’s team is better. Blame Regina for being a bunch of goons

GM of Canada in the WJC S56

S56 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for Canada

[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: qzGJBye.png]

[Image: GMGumba.gif]

Pullin a Wrecka: When the opponent comes to close to Rebecca Montagne and gets a stick pointed between their eyes. A visor wont help you here. As Montagne will not stop until the opponent can't see anymore.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

"Pulling a Cue" - Pretty much your team is now jinxed and you will not be able to win a single playoff series, even though your team might be the top on on paper.

Dunce dome. Instead of a boring name like 'penalty box',' we are going to start calling it that. Perhaps we'll even start making players in it wear a dunce cap!

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

I think we have a lot of cheese based options already, but I'll add in "The Mozzarella". Players perform The Mozzarella during fights when pulling the sweater over the opposing players head and beat them mercilessly

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Skree (verb): To go hard. To win. To exercise an immense amount of energy on something. To battle on the ice with your teammates.

Ex) Jon: "The question is, are you ready to skree!?!" Paul: "Oh man, you know it!"

[Image: CnPenxE.png]