Create Account

[DOUBLE DRAFT] Sean Davies Post-Draft Response
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2022, 01:12 AM by Runningman434. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hey guys, Sean Davies here, and all I can say is wow. Just wow. Friday’s draft was an incredible experience. Going into the draft I was feeling relatively confident I would get drafted. I’d done everything I could to prepare, and interest seemed high, so I was feeling pretty good about my chances of becoming a late round pick. I figured someone would take a flyer on an unproven rookie with the hopes I would pan out. What I was not expecting was to be selected by Anchorage in the early 2nd round. Seeing my name flash on the board was a bit of a shock. Of course you always hope you’re going to go that early, but to have it actually happen was a dream come true.  It still doesn’t feel real. I’ve had to take some time to collect myself before writing my thoughts down, but I believe I owe a few people some thanks.

First of all, many thanks to @Ragnar and @retuperkele for deciding that I was what they needed at pick #16. I am incredibly excited to be a part of this organization, and cannot wait to see what the future holds. To the fans of Anchorage, I look forward to seeing you at games and appreciate the warm welcome you’ve given in the short time I have been a part of the community. I hope I can reward that faith in me by helping to bring the Four Star Cup back to Anchorage. And to my new teammates here at Anchorage, all I can say is let’s kick some ass!

I also want to thank my friends and family who have supported me on this journey. To my parents especially, for all the sacrifices they have made. All the drives to and from practices. Those late nights. So many games. And of course, paying for all my gear. I couldn’t ask for better parents. Despite not really caring about hockey in the beginning, and thinking I had gone mad when I first begged you to let me play, I am beyond thankful that you supported me through that all. You two may now be the biggest hockey fans in Liverpool, although that’s not really saying much! Thank you for everything, I love you both, and I promise to send you some Anchorage merch soon!

Lastly, I want to mention Alfie. The coach of my local team growing up, he is the man who I owe much of my success as a player too. His wisdom as a coach helped me see the game in ways I never had before, and I believe that is one of my biggest strengths as a player. Furthermore, his endless dedication and patience with me asking him to stay late at the rink for many, many, hours over the has been an invaluable asset to have over my career. Perhaps most importantly, Alfie is just a stand up fellow. His anecdotes and stories have proved to be both entertaining and enlightening while helping to make me the man I am today. We have laughed together, and we have cried together, and in the end, I am a better player and a better man for it. Thank you for everything Alfie.

To all my fellow draftees, good luck! I look forward to seeing you on the ice. But watch out because the Armada are coming for the cup. I think that’s all I wanted to get off my chest for the time being. Thanks everyone for listening, I’ll be sure to check in more as the season progresses. This is Sean Davies, signing off for now. Cheers! Armada

(608 words)

BOATS Armada

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Very nice. I think you did a wonderful job setting the scene and capturing the emotion of the moment. It's always nice to give something back and I think you've done that here. Heck, you almost had me wanting to cheer for you, and you're not even on my team! Biggrin Almost...

Anyhow, best of luck this season, (except when you're playing the Timber, - you can take those nights off).   Timber

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

Very happy to have you on the boats, hope Davies has a great rookie season! Armada Armada Armada

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Biggest steal in an Anchorage draft since our last captain… who’s in the Anchorage Hall of Fame now.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤