Create Account

S66 mPT #1: Freudian Slip

As a promotional opportunity for the start of a new season, your team chose you to appear as guest anchor for a sports segment on the morning news! You got up early, put on a snazzy outfit, made it to set on time-- everything was going great until you messed up reading the teleprompter mid segment! Awkward!
Your task: Write what your player accidentally said when they slipped up on air, and how you tried to smoothly move on from the mistake.
25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, July 24th at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2022, 12:48 AM by JamesT. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Your task: Write what your player accidentally said when they slipped up on air, and how you tried to smoothly move on from the mistake.

Something that has gone viral for Ben Jammin would be the news segment in the morning when he accidently said that he doesn't like DJ'ing. Ben quickly realized what he said and promptly corrected himself by saying he loves DJ'ing and hoping nobody noticed. 

(44 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

I screwed up my interview question but quickly made up for my mistake by saying @micool132 is gonna win the cup on live TV. Needless to say, everybody was pleased and we all moved on like nothing happened

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

When I was on the radio in Seattle as a prep for this upcoming season, I was asked to describe what the General Manager of the Argos @notorioustig has meant to the team. Without thinking I quoted one of my favorite movies (Anchorman) when it described Rob Burgundy in the intro. I just said "he's the balls".

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

I didn't screw up by saying something I shouldn't, I just spoke way too quickly and got my mix all talked up. It happens.

26 words

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2022, 01:07 AM by esilverm. Edited 1 time in total.)

i accidentally responded with “pt pass” when asked what the kraken could do better on the ice. I got told that I cant do that on air since it isnt a pt but i guess I wasnt thinking. I meant to say that i make more pass to my pteammates

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

The morning host of the TV show I was on was acting all offended - I asked why he would be mad that I said 'puck and stick' but he thought I called him a 'fuckin dick' so that was awkward!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2022, 02:01 AM by Carpy48. Edited 1 time in total.)

Whatever you heard wrong, just blame it on my accent, especially in those earlier interviews (this one was one of them in this story) when I wasn't used to speaking English that much. You definitely just heard it wrong, nothing else to say here.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

"Toast and Bfine were fantastic godfucking awful GM's"

Leon didn't bother even correcting the teleprompter since he wanted his true feelings to be known. First Bfine poached him from Atlanta, then to San Francisco. And the worst part is that they only paid a THIRD. What an INSULT.

/s

Not knowing my microphone was still open I have accidentally said on air that both the General Managers of Kelowna are incompetent and should have been replaced seasons ago.

@trashae
@artermis

Tagging for visibility.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Jarrow was on a live interview and accidentally doxxed his teammates by giving away the hotel they were staying at the night before a game on the road causing a bunch of people to harass the team and made it difficult to sleep. I fixed it by staying at a different hotel than my teammates. Smile

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

When William Salming was interviewed by local TV show, he accidentally said, that goal of the season is to get playoffs. But immediately he changed his mind and told that goal of the season is of course to win the Cup, not just go to playoffs because only championships title is enough for Seattle's people.

[Image: salming.png]

When he came into the league, Jay Cue said he did not understand hockey rules, which is strange, considering he plays the game. He fixed it by saying he does understand hockey rules. he does not though, but as long as he plays, nobody cares.

Jamal didn't realise the mic was on and reacted in shock to a text message, audibly saying "bumboclaat". Fortunately, nobody realised he swore on radio. One of the perks of speaking Jamaican Patois rather than English in some situations Wink

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

van der heijden, when on local philly sports television, called the rival manhattan rage "a shitty jawn" before changing course into discussion of philly slang. this only further endeared him to forge fans

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs