Create Account

Make player numbers matter

The sim uses jersey numbers over the player icons during live sims.
One problem that has arisen is that teams don't have set numbers, which means that you'll see multiples of the same number on one team. Many times, that number will be 0.

[Image: 5umOVKW.jpg]

We sorta keep track of player numbers now, but it's limited to the 'Jersey Number' section of player creation.

Here's what I'm proposing:

Create a league job: the "Number Czar". Their sole duty is to make sure that numbers are up to date among all rosters and to ensure that there's no overlap.

As part of the GM tasks, have each team submit a sheet of numbers for their players at the beginning of each season. The 'Number Czar' would then take care to ensure that there are no conflicts, such as doubled numbers or violations of organization number retirements.

Sims would have better differentiation between players and more clarity in its presentation. The players in this league would also have another avenue of customization that would make use of the 'Jersey Number' field included in player creation.

There's also the possibility of media being created centered around numbers I guess (ie 'Who's the best #9 in the SHL?) but obviously the sim clarity is the most important aspect here, that's just a bonus.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

AGREE

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Very much agree with this.

I'm not sure if other teams also keep track of stuff like this internally, but SFP already has a sheet with current player numbers and retired jerseys. It would be super easy for us at least to get a list every season. The only missing piece right now is having someone to put these into the sim

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

I could see this being a wonderful idea.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Hell yeah, let's do this

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Please do this

[Image: Jepox.gif]

I'm pretty sure Buffalo has at least 3 retired jersey players who all used the same number because we couldn't be arsed to keep track

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

07-30-2022, 09:35 PMcharlieconway Wrote: The sim uses jersey numbers over the player icons during live sims.
One problem that has arisen is that teams don't have set numbers, which means that you'll see multiples of the same number on one team. Many times, that number will be 0.

Oh, you mean those are jersey numbers and not ratings?  Tongue

But seriously, all those zeroes are really hard on the old immersion.

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

I tried to update my teams numbers before the season and wasn't able to. Much sads

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I know in FHM6, the ways to edit player numbers in an online game were all based in Commissioner Mode, which is restricted as far as I know to streamers and file workers. We had SHL numbers in the file for at least a few seasons before, and if nothing else it was nice to see the right number next to names.

Perhaps it doesn't need to be a specific job, but it should be a part of updating and adding players. Any changes or conflicting numbers could be GM tasks at the start of the season.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Moreover I'm playing with 8 here but it's not my number :(

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

I don't mind this idea, if file workers need to put in the numbers then maybe gms need to provide the list of them. Mainly because player page numbers often overlap on teams and the game won't let you do that, so gms will have to assign new numbers.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

This seems like a pretty straightforward gm task we could add. We'd just need to include it in all trades and signings too

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Technically if the players don't have assigned numbers the gms can actually do this. They will get a news/message in game that players need to be assigned numbers. In that message they can assign numbers 1 by 1.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I support this