Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #1 Detroit Current State
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 05:18 AM by Opera_Phantom. Edited 1 time in total.)

Well, when I first saw Detroit's roster when I made my post ranking teams pre draft, I thought they were in the running for a championship! They wound up taking quite the hit with multiple star players moving onto their SHL squads. They are lacking in serious fire power on the front end. With Center C Jobin currently leading the team in points with 51 in 61 games. So now they must enter the rebuild stage. Every team has to go through it, especially after the successful season they had last year ( S66 Champs!!!!). The question is, where do they go from here? What do they prioritize? The thing it seems with these leagues is you don't know who is going to stay active. You always have to take the risk on 1st gens, and even some recreates will lose interest.

Detroit future currently looks hopeful? Toms Zile is the best goalie in the SMJHL at this current moment. Holden Steady is also arguably the best defenseman in the league. They both will be moving on to their SHL teams next season. Goaltending looks scary, as they will be having a s67 as their starter currently. Currently sitting at the minimum 155 TPE, hopefully they have a lot of updates to do. The team will be looking for some s66 to really step up next season. Defenseman Julian Florsch, and forward Bnana NWaffles are two players with decent TPE for their seasons. Hopefully they can grow into larger roles next season and really burst out onto the ice. C Jobin also has a good opportunity to help Detroit next season. Coming into their final junior season they would really love another chance at a playoff run.

We continue looking through the roster, and can note a few more players. On right wing, a s67 create who I believe was late The Terrence. They are currently sitting at 203 TPE which is not bad. If they can make a solid push over next season, it would really help Detroit in their rebuild phase. Bohdan Jarovsky (center/left wing), has been on a ridiculous tear for a S67. They currently have 46 points in 61 games, with a whopping 154 hits. Bohdan is sitting at 243 TPE without an update which should add another 32. 275 TPE for a S67 create looks promising for a future 1C/Left wing spot in the juniors. It is also rumored they would be willing to fully swap to wing to help his team. Cob Corning is another S67 create. They are a solid defenseman with currently 228 TPE, they are also 2nd on the team for TOI. Expect big things from this young defenseman as they come into their own and continue to grow. Lastly for the S67's we have, Trap Zelenock. This 200 lbs center currently sits at 30 points this season. They are 4th on the team for shooting percentage. Currently sitting at 223 TPE, if this player continues to remain active, we could see some big things from them over the following seasons.

Overall, I think Detroit is at least another season away from being a competitive team. I think they have a chance at playoffs in S68, but they will require some goaltending depth for sure. I think they did very well in their S67 draft, and opened up an avenue where they can be competitive in S69 (nice).

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

@JustAnotherHockeyFan APPROVED! +5 TPE