Create Account

Eddie's Scouting Reports: Bastien Primeau

Scouting Report: Bastien Primeau, 16-year-old Right Wing

Height: 6’1”
Weight: 200 lbs

Primeau is a big old grab-bag of abilities and skills, bad at almost nothing and adept in plenty. On the offensive side of the puck, he uses his stable frame and speed to make space for himself, be it in front of the net, screening the goaltender, or handling the puck to find a lane for a quick, accurate shot. His ability to read the defenses, something that comes from an obvious dedication to study, helps to refine the skill he already has. On the defensive end, his medium build can deceive a cheating forward into overcommitting to the boards, where they’ll find themselves implanted sooner rather than later. His positioning makes him a worthy obstacle for any defense to plan around. Primeau is a specimen of physicality, agile and strong, quick on his feet and with his fists, and with the extra gear he rarely needs to hit.

Primeau doesn’t have weaknesses as much as he has works-in-progress. He has to work on his passing, which is still solid, but not where it needs to be yet. His stick checking and shot blocking still needs work, and his effort on the defensive side of the pick needs as much work as he puts into the offensive read. Primeau is another guy I have circled on my sheet, he’s got that charge I like of all SHL players, a good, sturdy base with no serious foibles. It’s early to say, but he’s an intrighuing prospect who will look to go at the top of the order in the coming SMJHL.

Eddie Morozov signing off for now. Stay tuned for more info and more reports from my trips abroad scouting the next SHL stars!

Word Count: 306

[Image: TRVzgUB.png][Image: dEdEwDx.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

UsaUsaMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs