Create Account

S66 PT #5: Hot Take Hoedown
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2022, 11:11 AM by academydropout. Edited 1 time in total.)

Jamal realises, fairly or not, he is going to be under more scrutiny than most in the media... it doesn't take a genius to figure out why. Famous uncle, odd background, that one year gap in his career... it's all fodder for interviewers and journalists. Because he knows this, he doesn't have a social media presence at all -- can't provoke him in DMs or on his feed if he doesn't have DMs or a feed -- and generally gives "stock" answers to questions if he's ever collared post-game or whatever. He's careful not to allow himself to be isolated by a fan either, just in case. It's easy to forget that Jamal isn't a little dude. He'e pretty big, pretty athletic, and hits pretty damn hard. All it takes is one momentary lapse and the career he has worked so hard for -- and is currently working hard to rescue -- could be gone. For what? Pride? Not worth it.

(ISFL: 37thchamber)

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Player Prompt

All in all, I'm already used to the media attention because we played in play-off games every season with the Seattle team and because I was the team leader, then a lot of issues were directed right in my direction. We've already withdrawn from play-off games with the team at this point, but I can tell you how I dealt with the media at the moment we were still in those games. Overall, had to hold on purely emotionally because the season was very good and there were a lot of beautiful moments that gave confidence that we would be able to overcome the first round of play-off. But we got a cold shower from a Toronto team that was definitively unscripted for us. My own performance wasn't the best either, given that both goal record and points record were successful in the regular season. I was very close to exploding at one point during the interview as well, but still managed to pull myself together.

Shylo is primitively still in the SMJHL so while toxic fans are everywhere I think they are all just waiting for when Shylo moves up first before any type of criticism. Most cases Shylo doesn't have distractions. It's always been a very easy to block it all off and just go about your own journey and adventure. You not only find yourself dealing with fans screaming in discontent of your own production, but you also have fans of other teams jumping down the throat showing hatred of you being around. You can never completely satisfy every hockey fan. It's impossible to do. It's a sport that brings a lot of entertainment, but can also bring in a ton of energy from the crowd, both negative and positive. We all know fans are what make the atmosphere so amazing in hockey. I appreciate any type of attention because it brings the sport out of the limelight and brings it primetime and main screen.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

I think its crazy to see but I completely agree, that the first round will have a lot of sweeps. There is so much talent in the higher tier teams that sweeps are quite a possible outcome for the hockey world in the simulation hockey league this year. I believe that the top teams are going to show out and show up and show the league why they were top teams and continue with sweeping in the first round. I could easily see a good 3-4 sweeps in the first round of this year in the playoffs, due to these topics that I brought up. The coaching is doing some great to put these teams in the top half of the league, and they will continue that dominance into the playoffs and I could easily see quite a few sweeps happening because even if sweeps are boring, it just shows the dominance that teams can have over other teams.

(159 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

PBE PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

PBE Affiliate (username is twix)

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL]  Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF] Team Japan | S60 Gold

[Image: xboxcafrd.png]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Take 3: We see more upsets than ever before in the FHM era. Like 8+ rounds won by lower seeded teams.

Yeah I am gonna go ahead and call bullshit on this... FHM 8 is pretty much the exact same as FHM 6 from what I have seen. Goalies still absolutely do not matter at all; I think the average save percentage in the regular season was lke .829, which is abysmal. My player did slightly worse than he did last year, but otherwise played pretty much exactly the same. I appreciate the work the league put in to FHM 8 and trying to get some more randomness or whatever... but it did not work. The same teams are great and the same ones suck. There will be no upsets in the playoffs because this new engine is pretty much par for the course. I do appreciate the no test simming of course. I can't say I am too upset... I like when a team actually has to be good to win instead of sweaty in the test simming.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Quote:Take 2: Montreal blows past Toronto and pushes for an Eastern Conference Finals appearance with only an aging Buffalo in their way.
I feel this take is silly, both in hindsight and even at the moment it was posted. I'm not going to say upsets are impossible, but I'm sticking to more TPE is a good indicator of having a better chance. Honestly, I was shocked to see Montreal and Manhattan make huge jumps this season, so I would be shocked to see either make a deep run. My money would have been on Wally and Toronto before the series: anyone who can tamp down Izzy's worst impulses as a GM and drag those Calgary teams out of the basement is going to have the competitive edge.

But that's not even the worst part of this take. Forget Buffalo, you just flat out ignored Tampa Bay (finally showing now that Dwight's taken over they know what they're doing) and Atlanta. Those are the teams you have to worry about. It's easy to overlook this part, but it's my biggest issue. Acting like Montreal is only going to have to worry about Buffalo (a team that ||redacted|| since ||redacted||) is crazy all things considered.

LAUGHABLE.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Code:
Bonus Take: "The cup is gonna win dignity" (Director's note: I have no idea what this means but maybe someone wants to figure it out.)

We've had it wrong all along. It is not the winner of games that decides to whom the cup belongs, but the cup itself that decides the winner. The cup has been down on itself lately, just going through some stuff, but it's been reading a lot of self-help books and rearranging its case using Marie Kondo and HGTV pointers, and it's ready to make a change. It's ready to win dignity. So the biggest winner of the cup this season won't be the team that comes out on top, it won't be the players that hoist the gleaming chalice over their heads, instead it will be the cup itself. Because the cup will have won the greatest prize of all: self-love. And that's why this is the hottest take of them all. Also considering the Manhattan take makes me sad so we're ignoring that one. The cup is gonna win dignity, and maybe if we're lucky, so will we <3

Code:
161 words

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Take 2: Montreal blows past Toronto and pushes for an Eastern Conference Finals appearance with only an aging Buffalo in their way.

So I think that Toronto blowing by Montreal is pretty reasonable, Toronto I think is just as good on paper so it wouldn't surprise me to see them do well. But thinking that they can make it past Buffalo is ridiculous. First of all, Buffalo has the German robot Tomen at the helm, who is a god at setting the perfect strats to defeat their opponents. And while some of the last cup winning core of Buffalo is getting up there in age, they are still more than capable of leading a team to victory (As proven by the results of the series which finished before I wrote this PT lmao). The big one in the older group of Buffalo players is Elizabeth Doyle, she's been the best goalie in the league before, and I think she can definitely do it again. Don't sleep on the younger talent on Buffalo too, they have some really skilled players who aren't in regression yet.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

More than half of the first rounds will be sweeps, of course they will. This leagues playoffs are dumb. 16/20 teams make it? This is dumb as fuck. The regular season means absolutely nothing. Then you get the worst team in a conference playing the best team and so on and so fourth. Of course these teams are going to get mullered by the one they're playing against.
I hate this place so much and hate myself for doing it still.
Another series should have been a sweep. NOLA had their backup keeper in net for no apparent reason in the series against Winnepeg, apparently this isn't a good enough reason to resim though. You bet your arse if this had been one of the league darling teams the stream would have been pulled off air and Kenny given a talking to (I don't blame him in the slightest, Kenny us awesome). But this was handled terribly

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

Hockey prompt Take 1

This wasn't as of a hot take before the start of the playoff as Manhattan had a tight series in the regular season against Tampa and won every game against Atlanta on both the road and at home. FHM8 seemingly puts a lot of emphasis on home team advantage so going into the first round against the lower seeded Tampa, the Rage should have had the upper hand on the series and then continued the dominance over Atlanta in the second round. Now this has not come to pass as FHM decided to change the way the teams acted on the ice and with no chance to test alternatives without making the entire situation more horrible, the team was swept in four games... On a more positive note, it goes to show that the Rage are out of their rebuild and are in the conversation for some deep playoff runs, not having one a series in the FHM era. Next season is going to be another chance for the team to make themselves known to the league.

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

Yeah, interviews can be noisy, annoying or downright terrible. People who know Dominik though, know that he does justice to his last name. He can stay very cool during interviews, declining any chance for hot-headed takes or impulsive behaviour. It actually also mirrors his behaviour on the ice, where he never starts fights and usually plays hard, but fair hockey. Sportsmanship should be a given, especially in a full-contact sport like hockey.
That doesn't mean he is an ice block in interviews though. He can give heartfelt speeches, witty one-liners or calculated analysis, but would never stun any interviewer with a cold-hearted, disrespectful manner. 
After all it is in the players best interest to stay on the good side of the media. For Domink this has been easy, as his feats didn't allow much room for exaggerated criticism. More importantly Dominik aspires to be a role model for younger hockey fans and role models don't curse at interviewers or behave disrespectfully. He knows that and does his best to stay frosty (hehe).

[Image: Nevada-Froste.jpg][Image: froste.png]
Signatures by myself and Ragnar