Create Account

S66 DFA Bounties #2 - The Present
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2022, 08:58 PM by Jayba1t. Edited 1 time in total.)

The playoffs have started, and that brings us to the second DFA bounty:
You've made it. You're on the list to be drafted into the SMJHL. Some of you have already temporarily joined a team for the remainder of this season to stay in shape and possibly attract more attention from scouts.
Written Task: Write a summary of your scouting profile, highlighting why you you're expected to do well in the upcoming draft (250 word min.)
Graphic Task: Show us the cover photo for your scouting file. Must include your render, name, position and nationality.
Reward: $500,000 for doing one of the above
Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S66 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S67) are eligible for this bounty.
There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.
Deadline: Sunday, August 21st @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Well, it might be a bit of a cop out, but the reason that I think I might do well in the upcoming Simulation Major Junior Hockey League Entry Draft is because I am a known factor with my recreate. My previous player Joseph Weston hit about 1.8k TPE which shows I can earn well, especially at the Juniors level, and as a right handed right defenseman it makes John Brown an excellent pickup for any team looking to shore up their defense. However, it would be unfair to not acknowledge the elephant in the room, that I am in fact the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League Commissioner. This means that I have a bit of a guarantee that I should earn a lot, be active for my team, and all around set a good example for whomever drafts me. I don't honestly know if this means that I'll be guaranteed to go First Overall, and sure that would be pretty neat, but I also think there are some other great players in the draft. As for the specifics of John Brown, he's looking to play a more heavy defense style, supporting as necessary if needed but prioritizing removing the opponent from the puck however necessary for his team. I'm excited to see how the draft goes for everyone, especially as I'll be running it which is always an exhausting time. So here's to that and here's to a brand new player and seeing what they can do with their career! I hope it goes pretty well!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Heading into the upcoming SMJHL draft, I believe that I possess a number of underlying qualities that will propel me toward the top of the draft board.  As I previously mentioned, my hard-working nature is essential to the potential I have as a newcomer to the SHL.  Recruited by one of my teammates in the PBE, I already have a solid underlying understanding of how sim leagues function and what is expected, especially on a week-to-week basis.  I know the importance of both keeping up with weekly tasks for TPE as well as taking on a league job or completing other tasks for money.  I know that money is so important for ensuring the best training options and therefore earning more TPE.  Slowly but surely, I have turned myself into a max earner and I want to also be a max earner here in the SHL.  In the locker room, I view myself as more of a lead-by-example guy.  In this way, I am willing to encourage and teach others the basics to create a winning culture in an organization.  On the ice, I feel that my performance speaks for itself.
After finally beginning my ice hockey career, I quickly began to develop into a skilled player who stood out amongst my peers.  After two dominant seasons amongst peers, I was called up to play with older age groups, where I only continued to dominate the competition.  Recruited to the United States National Team Development Program, I have only continued to grow, becoming a threat at both ends of the ice as a two-way power forward.

266 words

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 06:19 PM by zeburgs. Edited 2 times in total. Edit Reason: Trying to get image to actually appear )

I have no real artistic talent... but I did my best. Have mercy on me.

[Image: bandit.png]

My starting build is a 6'4 left handed defensive defenseman.  I have a sound and deep knowledge in terms of defensive positioning, stick checking, and closing off ice from attacking forwards.  My build also includes body checking and a physical element to my style of defense.  My build is still capable of some offense, as I have decent enough passing to give the puck to my teammates.  I hope as my build matures that it works as essentially a complete lockdown defenseman, both in even strength and on the penalty kill.  I have a weak offensive game however, and am much slower than a lot of other skaters on the ice at any moment.
As a person and a user, while I am new to sim leagues (only started back in April) have been max earning or near max earning.  In ISFL, my character is currently at 516 TPE and is 11th in TPE earnings.  This is also in a draft class that has been considered very strong compared to past draft classes (Season 36).  In WSBL (before the league folded) I was at 426 TPE in my 2nd season, and was the 2nd highest earning player from the Season 4 draft class.  I have been an active user in and made most of my money by making media in both leagues, WSBL being the more high quality articles.  I wrote this article about the last Free Agency period in WSBL, which took speaking with roughly a dozen people including GMs and the players themselves.

When I signed with Detroit ahead of the draft it was to see where I stood compared to the other players of the league, and the challenge was great ahead of time as the Falcons despite being the defending Champion unfortunately are at the bottom of the standings and out of the playoffs. Still, the three games I was able to play with them allowed me not only to live a goal I've had to play in the same junior team my father did but also to have a little bit of ice time and show what I could do before the draft rather than to wait at home and do nothing simply. I'm a young man of action and I believe I have much more to offer than simply the one assist I had during Anchorage.

The scouting report says I am adept in a lot and bad at very little, I actually agree. I am known for my offensive abilities, good at getting open for an opportunity to score with good hands allowing me to handle the puck efficiently. My ability to read the offensive play before me joined with the accuracy of my shot and the range from which I can shoot makes me a threat almost everywhere I stand. Quick on my skates, my acceleration also a strong point and I am agile enough to move around the defensive opposition with relative ease. I enjoy a bit of physicality as well, throwing the body for a check and the occasional fight here and there makes me a man who won't only score but will get in your face when needed.

I'm not perfect however, there are some aspects of my game I need to work on and I will make it a mandate to improve upon those while getting better at what I excel at.
And for these reasons, while I don't expect to be the first one called during the draft I think I will not be the last either. I know I will be a good contributor to the team that will pick me no matter who it is.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2022, 10:53 AM by SimmiZ. Edited 1 time in total.)

I am a big guy, 6 foot 6, and 230 lbs playing left defense. What the scouting report tell about me, is that I am a good defensive defenseman, one of the best to shutdown the other team forward. My big stature make forward want to think twice before entering the left side of our zone, and if the enter, they are welcome with a big hit. My defensive read is probably my best attribute, I'm able to adjust very quickly to whatever the offense will throw at us, and can make a great first pass to get out our defensive zone. I think team will want me to strengthen their shorthanded play, I'm very good to block shot, catchup player on the side of the ramp with my decent acceleration, giving and receiving hit, and also pokechecking with my long reach.   

On the other side of the ice, Scouting report says that I have a lot of part to work on, and I am agree with it. My subpar offense, will probably cost me some place in the SMJHL draft. I'm more of a pass first type, but lately I've worked a lot on my shots accuracy and power. I need so improvement too at getting open to receive good pass, and with that try to be better on my offensive play and read. I will spend a lot of time training to be a better and complete defenseman, that team will want to go all the way.

253 words

I am a 6’2” 202 lbs right wing perimeter shooter who shoots left handed. I excel in the offensive zone in multiple ways. One of my best abilities is being able to get open and create space with my speed, acceleration, and agility. Having speed, quick acceleration, and agility is nothing on the ice unless you are able to handle the puck with confidence which is where my strong stick handling skills come into play in my game. My hockey IQ in the offensive zone allows me to be in the right place at the right time including knowing where to be without the puck to allow my teammates to find me for an open shot. Having a quick, powerful, and accurate shot allows me to be dangerous anytime the puck is on my stick from anywhere in the offensive zone. The weakest part of my game comes in the defensive zone which I know I will need to work on to be an efficient all around player in the leagues for years to come. My stronger areas in the defensive zone are my checking and defensive IQ. I feel like these defensive strong points will allow me to be in the correct position in the defensive zone and knock the opposing players off the puck to create turnovers to allow my team to transition to the offensive zone quickly. I know I have a lot to work on but hopefully my offensive abilities that I have at this time will be strong enough to allow me to prove myself as a top player in the league to whoever drafts me for years to come. During the off-season and seasons to come I will be training to become the best player that I can be both offensively and defensively for the team that I am on and hopefully be able to lead them to a championship.