Create Account

S66 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2022, 01:21 AM by Jayba1t. Edited 3 times in total.)

Citadelles QUEBEC CITY CITADELLES Citadelles 
VS
Battleborn NEVADA BATTLEBORN Battleborn 

The S66 SMJHL finals are upon us, and we will see the Nevada Battleborn play the Quebec City Citadelles for the Four-Star Cup. As is tradition, these finals will come with a bunch of TPE available for you guys, in the form of Championship Week!
Here's how this will work: there are several tasks, each of which is worth varying amounts of TPE for putting in a little effort, for a maximum of 16 possible TPE total. You can complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like (up to 16 TPE of course).
ONLY S66 SMJHL ROOKIES (S67 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS. If you signed after the trade deadline and are going into the S67 SMJHL Draft, that's not you.
You may claim affiliation from an (one, 1) ISFL, PBE or SSL PT this season for a max of 3 TPE.

Deadline: Friday, September 2nd at 11:59PM PST

Code:
Task #1 - 1 TPE
Interestingly enough, Quebec and Nevada were both eliminated in the semifinals last season. They both now meet to compete for the 4 Star Cup. Will Quebec win their first championship since S58? Or will first time finalists Nevada continue their dominant run through the playoffs? 
Requirements: 50+ words.

Code:
Task #2 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?
Requirements:  150+ words.

Code:
Task #3 - 3 TPE (graphic only)
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
Requirements: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Code:
Task #5 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.
- GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Code:
Task #7 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup finals (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Requirements: 150+ words.

Code:
Task #9 - 3 TPE
So your team got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

Code:
Task #10 - 2 TPE
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 100+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.
Requirements: 100+ words.

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S66 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Code:
Task #12 - 1-3 TPE
Answer up to 3 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B.  You're in another timeline where Colorado and St. Louis are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?
C. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

Code:
Task #13 - Latecomer Special - 2-3 TPE
So I see you waited until the end of the finals to complete your tasks! Well congrats to [TEAM] on winning the Four-Star! Reflecting back on the series, what were the keys to [TEAM] taking the finals? Name 3 key points that resulted in the series playing out the way it did.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 100+ words for 2 TPE, 150+ for 3 TPE.
GRAPHIC: Includes a player render and a table with the 3 keys to the series results.

Code:
Task #14 - Podcast, 3-4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S65 season (on or off the ice)
- S65 playoff round-up
- S66 predictions

Can be done solo or with a partner!
Requirements:
1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Code:
Task #15 - Feedback - 2 TPE
With the conclusion of S66, this will be my first full season as SMJHL PT Head. How did you think I did? Could anything be better for future rookies? Are there any areas for improvement when it comes to SMJHL PTs? All feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Code:
Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE - COMING SOON

Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.

Again, the Deadline is Friday, September 2nd at 11:59PM PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

CW pass?
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 03:18 PM by TheHammer43. Edited 10 times in total.)

Task#1

If you are like me and you are familiar with hockey, you know this, Quebec knows hockey. You ever play "CHEL" Before? Well if you have you know the pain of playing against a EASHL Team that has any Quebec name attached to it, as soon as you see it you know you're in for a rough time. Now I do believe Nevada can and will give them a run for their money but in the end I believe Quebec has this in the bag.
[85 Words]

Task#2

Out of the teams available in the playoffs I would've liked to play for Quebec, My player is from Montreal and I think it would have made a great story for Jacques. Not just because they're rocking out right now but I think Jacques would've been another great fit! Not that I don't fit in perfectly in Kelowna of course, just the answer I think is a good fit for this task, I think I would fit nicely on Quebec's roster, Probably wouldn't be able to shine right away as they have a lot of players that are showing what they're made of. I feel like a second year with them I'd be able to really put up some impressive numbers! Now I don't necessarily believe that I alone would increase their chances of winning a cup but I do think with the team they have this year and my dedication to this I think that I would definitely make some what of a "small impact" in their chances to win the cup. 
[173 words]

Task#4

At a certain point in the season the Knights knew we were kinda out of playoff contention and we wanted to do something for the fans that would keep them happy for their time away for us, Next season these items will really help cause some noise!!!  I came up with an idea for three items that would really make the crowd a factor for us next season! The first item is a Shield, with a big Kelowna Knights logo smack dab in the middle, wooden pattern in the middle with a green outline. The second item is of course a sword because what good is a shield without a sword? and the last item I thought of is a drum with the Knights logo on it, Meant to cause lots of noise when the away team is in possession, just to kinda rattle their brains or at least their ear drums!
[152 Words]

Task#5

And in the news around the Smjhl is the Citadelles making the finals this season! And with a lot of player really making a big impact for them we want to take the time to really point out someone on the team that has made a huge impact for them this playoffs! And they may not have to most points or be one of the league leaders but Nevek Kove has been one of the most dedicated members on that roster and some would say they're considered the backbone of that team! You know having a dedication that strong for something can really do wonders, especially for a professional hockey team! And I'm not exactly sure what is about Quebec born players, it's gotta be something in the water or maybe all that poutine that they eat but another player who's dedication has been really helping them thrive in the league is Jacques Hammer of the Knights and the comparison isn't exactly all that close, Kove being in the playoffs of course but if you really take the time to look behind the scenes and see what goes on off the ice you can see that both these two are putting in an insane amount of training, and its all for the game that they love so much!
[218 Words]

Task#6

I've given everything I had to the Kelowna Knights organization this season, my blood, sweat and tears as one would say. But I don't think that is enough to show the city of Kelowna how much I'm willing to give. So I decided to let the public know of a charity event I was going to be hosting in the heart of the city. I wanted to help out not just one charity but I wanted to be able to nail a few all at once, So I asked everyone to come down to the town hall and help make a difference! I would be signing autographs for every person who brought in a canned good for the homeless shelter, and we managed to bring in over three thousand canned items and it really felt great to help! A long with that if you weren't able to bring a canned good if you brought in a cash donation for the local children's hospital I was also giving out autographs for that! Anything to help to the great community that welcomed me with open arms and treated me like I was their own. 
[192 Words]

Task#7

The Dream team is here! A mixture of players from the Quebec Citadelles and the Nevada Battle born! I'm not overly familiar with both these teams but lets see who the league leaders are for both teams and slam them on a team! Well for our forwards we will start with our center, Shylo Moxii, I've written about Shylo before and it was basically the same thing I'm writing about right now, Leads the league in goals with forty eight! Also has a decent faceoff winning percentage at fifty six point four! For our winger lets slam Dominik Froste on Left Wing, Guy has plus minus of fifty at the moment and I think that could really but a big impact for this dream team! Also has forty four assists which was just two assists shy of being on the league leaders board! For our Right Winger we got Rylie Versi, They had a whopping one hundred and ninety six hits this season which placed them at fourth overall on the league leaders list and also contributed forty three assist on the season! Being able to throw the body around and catch an apple is really gonna help this team shine! Now for our boys on defense Seamus O'slapahan on Right Defense, Lead the league in both assists and points for defensemen and I think that says just about enough right there! And Nevada's defensemen are all over the leaderboards for defense so I'm gonna put Michael Byfuglin at Left D since he lead the Plus Minus for defensemen! 
And last but not least we're gonna pick the goalie!! We're gonna go with Justin In time! Thirty two regular season wins and Seven shutouts! My prediction for this team? They go undefeated on the regular season! 
[296 Words]

Task#16 

Milestones link

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2022, 07:16 AM by jumpSeat. Edited 6 times in total.)

Quote:Task #1 - 1 TPE

Will Quebec win their first championship since S58? Or will first time finalists Nevada continue their dominant run through the playoffs?

Requirements: 50+ words

From this distance, the two 4 Star Cup finalists (Quebec and Nevada), are both worthy of congratulations for having exceeded their semi-final performances from last year. It's always a great indication of just how strong a franchise is when they continue to grow and take positive steps in the right direction! That said, Quebec did struggle a bit to eliminate St. Louis, while Nevada swept straight through to the finals. Therefore, as much as I do like Quebec, if I was inclined to wager, I'd have to go with Nevada.  Battleborn

Quote:96 Words

- - - - - - -

Quote:Task #6 - 3 TPE

Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with...

Requirements: 150+ words

One of my favorite memories from my rookie season is the charity auction fundraiser we attended in Portland. While it's always a good feeling to reach out to the community and give something back, in this case the cause couldn't have been greater. The Barbara Bush Children's Hospital was first established in 1995 and still remains Maine's only full-service children’s hospital. I still remember vividly that cold December morning, when we had the privilege to visit many of the kids receiving care, and spend a little time talking with each of them about their hopes and dreams. Believe me when I say, if those adorable little faces don't trigger the feels, nothing will.

Later that afternoon we met the parents and signed an entire collection of Timber memorabilia for auction. It was such a rewarding experience that truly enriched our lives every bit as much as the kids. Heart

Quote:155 Words

- - - - - - -

Quote:Task #8 - 3 TPE

You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season?

Looking back on my first full season in the SMJHL, I'd have to say it was a time of learning and transition. Learning in the sense of being dropped in the middle of an entirely new league filled with new faces and new characters. At first the SMJHL seemed like a strange foreign place where every team had it's own unique personality and an individual style all their own. For a rookie it takes a little time to get a handle on the different ways teams like to play.

Which brings us to transition. I'd honestly have to say the biggest adjustment for me was dealing with the increased strength and speed at this level. I'm guessing these boys must spend their entire summer pumping iron 'cause once you get tangled up with them along the boards you're in for a rough ride. That plus everyone seems to be just a little bit quicker in the J. When you first arrive, you immediately realize there's less time to make a play and open ice closes up a lot sooner than you're used to.

Overall, I'd have to say I'm pleased with my rookie campaign, though I certainly would have liked to have done more to help my team. As for next year, I'm aiming to bulk up and continue working hard to round out my game. Lightbulb

Quote:236 Words

- - - - - - -

Quote:Task #9 - 3 TPE

What does your team have to be excited about for next season?

For a good look ahead to next season, we should perhaps start with a brief look back. The Maine Timber have done a tremendous job at the draft table recently, and from everything I'm hearing, management is determined to continue this trend. I do know from personal experience that our scouting has been top notch and I feel very confident our front office will successfully unearth another gem or two in the next draft.

In addition to new players, our core continues to grow together with enhanced chemistry and ever increasing ability. These are two huge factors which should combine to lift our team to dazzling new heights. And as if that wasn't enough, the Timber locker room has a great vibe where everyone legitimately seems to enjoy being there. The camaraderie is so good, that I firmly believe all the positivity and encouragement will continue to rub off and have an even greater influence on the ice.

So yes, there's a great deal to be excited about next year in Maine! Yay

Quote:176 Words

- - - - - - -

Quote:Task #10 - 2 TPE

In 100+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

Requirements: 100+ words

After being knocked out in the second round, the first couple of days was mostly spent soul searching. It was a time to reflect on what went wrong and what might have been. Painful though it may be, I think it's important to allow yourself to go through this process, to really apply the lessons of defeat, but without becoming consumed by it.

In addition to that, we did all the usual exit interviews and packing our gear for the last time. There were quiet moments to wish each other a good summer and to buddy up for workout routines. @Andy and I plan to hit the weights together, as we're aiming to add five to ten pounds of lean muscle, while still maintaining our quickness via intense cardio.

Needless to say, there'll be lots of energy drinks involved. Should be a blast! Goal

Quote:146 Words

- - - - - - -

Quote:Task #12 - 2 TPE

A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).

C. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

Requirements: 50+ words each

A. For me this is an easy one. There's a certain goaltender who has what I consider to be THE quintessential name for a player of their position. Yes I'm looking at you Quebec, and more specifically I'm looking at you Justin Time! (Though I did take Nevada in task one, I do sincerely wish you much success).

C. For Quebec's key player, I'd have to go with Shylo Moxii. Now I realize this is no news flash, but Shylo posted 48 goals and 82 points to runaway with team scoring. If you do the math, that's a very impressive point per game percentage of 1.24. Which by any accepted measure, is an astronomical pace! Citadelles 

Quote:A. 61 Words
C. 61 Words

- - - - - - -

Quote:Task #15 - Feedback - 2 TPE

With the conclusion of S66, this will be my first full season as SMJHL PT Head. How did you think I did?

Honestly I quite enjoyed both the tasks and the assortment of PT throughout the season. That said, it is my first time through so I really don't have anything to compare it too.  Biggrin

The only immediate suggestion I have for improvement, is wherever possible, perhaps less 'crap shoot' predictions where there's no good or effective way to evaluate teams against each other. (I'm mostly thinking WJC right now). It's just not a very good feeling when TPE is mostly riding on guess work. So if you have to do it, maybe some sort of scouting report to give people a general idea what they're choosing from.

Quote:112 Words

- - - - - - -

Code:
All together these tasks add up to 16 TPE

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2022, 05:35 AM by Justice. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
Task #2 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?
Requirements:  150+ words.

I'll take this question from an "OOC" approach, and say that either Kelowna or Newfoundland would be my number one go-to simply due to the history I've shared with both of the locker rooms over the past six years. Both teams (even Carolina which I'm on now) are going through a bit of a rebuild, and being on rebuilding/retooling teams is always an exciting opportunity for me because it gives me the motivation to crank out TPE and give my GMs something to build with. I have familiarity with GMs from both teams and truly believe that Newfoundland and Kelowna are both on their way to being truly strong teams. If old waivers were still in effect where we received offers from teams and picked and chose where we went, I don't think I would've gone anywhere but these two teams. But now that I've joined Carolina and seen firsthand what the GMs have in mind for the future of this team, I'm thrilled that this is where I landed. (171 Words)

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

You remember those fun, sticky toys that you threw at the wall and it stuck, and it only lasted about four hours until it inevitably picked up an immense amount of lint and dust and never really stuck to anything again? This, in Rush Justice's mind, would make for the perfect Kraken themed toy to give out for fan appreciation day. Featuring a stretchy, sticky, orange octopus in commemorative Kraken themed display packaging, the event proved to be an absolute nightmare for on ice staff, custodians at the arena, and essentially every fan that's been cursed by the invention of these despicable creatures. Rush should have just designed a bobblehead. (110 Words)

Code:
Task #5 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.
- GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

For these upcoming SMJHL finals we are deciding to take a look at what many would claim to be the leading men of the Citadelles and the Battleborn. These players would be Shylo Moxii from the Citadelles who led in goals for the SMJHL season, and Seamus O'Slapahan who led all defenseman in points for the rookie season with 61. It's difficult to compare between just two players on the teams since the Citadelles appear to be much more dependent on the offensive production of Moxii while the Battleborn have a more well rounded roster with more players contributing on a high level. This is proved by how the Battleborn have zero players in the top ten for goals, assists, or points, which is undoubtedly a rare occurrence for a team as dominant as they were during the regular season. (140 Words)

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

During the Kraken's offseason Rush Justice was reached out to by a community nonprofit organization about sponsoring an outreach program raising awareness for homelessness and the impoverished. The plan was to open a soup kitchen popup, and Rush was on board immediately. The generosity of the Charlotte, Carolina citizens made finding volunteers easy, and it didn't take long for "Justice's Kitchen for Charlotte" to be fully in motion. Day one saw hundreds of dishes being served, and with a visit from the mayor it proved to be a wholesome gathering of the community where everyone was welcome to help themselves to a serving. While Justice won't be able to stay in the kitchen for long with training starting to kick back into high gear, he is currently in the process of turning it from a temporary popup to a permanent staple in downtown Charlotte to continue an ongoing initiative to feed the homeless and ensure no one goes hungry. (159 Words)

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

I am more than happy with Rush Justice's performance in his rookie season and I owe it all to the GMs and the confidence they've had in Rush to give him the minutes to allow him to put up the points he did. 44 points in 62 games is wild for Rush, and is only a peek at what to expect in Rush's later seasons when he has even more development in his stats. The Carolina Kraken are still a young team, and Rush looks to be the leader both on the ice and in the locker room that the team, coaching, and management can look to for offensive production and defensive accountability. Rush's stats are worth getting excited over, but it's important to keep in mind a good player puts up points, a great player puts up wins. Until Rush can become the player that can be the consistent difference maker on the ice, he knows that there will be more work to do. And even then, he won't stop there. (172 Words)

Code:
Task #9 - 3 TPE
So your team got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

Carolina has a stacked number of S67 players who are only getting better and better week to week. The S67s are also reinforced and supported by the veteran guys like Eaglesong, Kettu, Pack, and even more (depending on whether they get the call up or not). At the risk of coming off as biased, it will truly be a sight to behold to see just how fast Carolina sees an improvement from last season to this season, with so much TPE being input into player stats on a weekly basis. For individuals worth shouting out from the S67 guys, Prpich will be an elite goalie who might get challenged for starting position by Bismarck down the line, and we got high flying wingers in Kirby and Murray to watch out for on the score sheet. Quarterbacking everything will be offensively strong right defenseman Grayson Yates who's due for a big breakout season for the Carolina Kraken in S67. (158 Words)

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Fileworker CW pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

08-25-2022, 08:24 AMRich Wrote: Fileworker CW pass

Oh, come on Rich. Just do if for fun!  Tongue

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

PBE PT Affiliate for 3TPE

Task 1 - 1 TPE

Personally I think it is a bit difficult to look past the Nevada Battleborn. They completely crushed us (the colorado raptors) in the semi finals. They seem to have everything about them at the moment as I considered who ever were able to beat the Colorado Raptors, would ultimately win the entire thing. Not taking anything away from the Quebec City Citadelles. They are a fantastic team as well, I just think it will be hard to shut down Nevada

Code:
Word Count: 80

Task 2 - 3 TPE

If I was forced off of the Colorado Raptors for things outwith the control of Mr Zopf. Then I feel as if a nice landing spot could be somewhere like the Quebec City Citadelles or the Regina Elk. Honestly there is not a real specific reason than I know some of the other players on those teams, so I know for a fact that the locker room would be fun and a nice place to hang out in. This is not to say that the other teams have bad locker rooms, it is simply that I do not know many other players. Mr Zopf is the type of player to succeed when the team can come together as one. However, I do not believe that Mr Zopf would be a big upgrade to any of the teams, they might just be able to play a role as a rotational piece as they are currently doing so with the Colorado Raptors
Code:
Word count: 160

Task #8 - 3 TPE

Yeah so I managed to complete my first ever season in the SMJHL. This was a massive step for me and my family as there were some serious doubts regarding my own abilities and whether or not I would be able to make it. I am grateful for the colorado Raptors to take a chance on me. I think I was able to make somewhat of a difference for the Colorado Raptors this year. Sure there were some mistakes, however that is to be expected from a rookie. Personally I think I did manage to meet the expectations that I had set for myself. My main goal was to just not be a liability to be honest. I think I managed to do that, unless my GMs and teammates are lying to me just to make me feel better haha. I think I just need to work on getting in the right positions honestly, I left quite a few guys wide open this season, so hopefully I can just become a lot smarter on the ice

Code:
Word Count: 176

Task 6 - 3 TPE

So Mr Zopf tends to engage in lots of volunteering work when he gets the time to do so. He has often been working alongside MIND, which is a charity that is very near and dear to his heart. Mind is a mental health charity and Mr Zopf feels that everyone should be able to live a life full of satisfaction and happiness. This starts with individual's mental health in his opinion. Mr Zopf tends just sign memorabillia for the fans and tries to auction them off to raise money for the charity! Most recently Mr Zopf took part in a charity softball game! Safe to say Mr Zopf was absolutely garbage, but it was all done for a great cause and that is what matters at the end of the day. All in all, the charity work is what its all about. Yeah playing in the league is fun and all, but giving back to the community means a lot more at the end of the day
Code:
163 words

Task 9 - 3 TPE

Honestly the Colorado Raptors have a lot to look forward to! They will definitely lose their playmaker Jr Frankenstero next season, however Carly Ray Jetson put on an insane season and was pivotal for the Colorado Raptors making it to the post season! In terms of offense, the Raptors should feel comfortable in giving the keys to Carly Ray Jetson so to speak. In terms of defence there might be some growing pains, I personally believe that the two up and coming defenseman need a bit more time. Mr Zopf made some glaring mistakes during the playoffs which costed the Colorado Raptors a chance at a championship. Isaac Forty-One has been lights out for the Colorado Raptors this season. The colorado raptors should feel sad to lose some wonderful players, however they have the depth and up and coming players that could prove to be instrumental for the colorado raptors in the seasons to come!

Code:
155 words
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2022, 12:37 PM by thedangazone. Edited 6 times in total.)

Code:
Task #12 - 1-3 TPE
B.  You're in another timeline where Colorado and St. Louis are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?
C. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

A. I think the best player name hands down has got to be Seamus O'Slapahan. Who would not want a big bodied defenseman names O'Slapahan to go out and slap some players around on the ice. Plus Seamus is just an all time classic name that makes me think of a big Irishman getting in a bar fight.  57 words

B. I think St. Louis just needed a little more puck luck, and literally just one good bounce in that game 7 to change the momentum and they'd be there. Colorado needed Nevada to not exist to even have a chance in that semi final. They got obliterated in 4 games and it shows more the strength of Nevada, or luck in that series, than it does the weakness of Colorado. 70 words

C. For Nevada I think the key player has to be Seamus O'Slapahan. Without him holding down the blue line there's no way we would have done as well all season and give up the fewest goals against. For QCC I think it has to be Shylo Moxii. They have to be in MVP contention for the entire league and they definitely have been instrumental in QCC getting the higher seed that they did. 73 words

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S66 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Another top prospect of the S67 SHL Draft has to be Nevada center Paul Peterson. The big bodied center for the Battleborn comes in at 6'4" and 235 pounds which should be an absolute dream for most SHL scouts. On top of that, the rookie center has a very balanced game style. He does exceptionally well in almost every aspect of the game with very few weaknesses across the board. While he did struggle with overall hits this past season his deployment didn't require it for Nevada to be successful. With his size and skill set Peterson should be an absolute dream for almost every SHL scout to bring into their team. He can be utilized in so many different ways that he should fit any team style and deployment and would make an immediate impact when he makes the big leagues. I would expect him to be a top 5 pick in the draft barring a fall. He will also be a huge contributor to any team that takes him for years to come. 175 words

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE

Going into the season I honestly expected to do ok at best. I would imagine maybe doing like 40 points in the 66 games and even then I would consider that a great season. At 72 points I think it's definitely safe to say I exceeded those expectations and to be quite honest, it's been like a fever dream of a season. I couldn't be happier with my performance so far and I hope to continue growing on it going into next season after a pretty strong post season so far as well. My defensive side of my game could definitely improve going forward so it's something I plan to work on and going forward hope to round out my game as much as possible. Just hope that I don't get that sophomore slump next season and can build on my incredible season and push for a possible MVP. First though is to focus on these finals. One thing at a time. 162 words

Code:
Task #7 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup finals (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos

C- Well starting out I would have to obviously choose myself Paul Peterson, for the first forward slot and at center. I lead the entire playoffs in points by a wide margin so that should justify the selfish pick.
LW- Since I wanted to include myself at center I had to find a way to include the star center for QCC, Shylo Moxii, in the lineup. They are an MVP candidate and would easily fit my line.
RW - Easy choice to choose my normal Right Winger, Din Djardin from NEV. We've been lighting it up all season and they have been scoring goals as well as anyone with me feeding them.
LD - Ben Der - Wanting to choose one of the best names in the league as well as the top Dman for QCC. I played him on his offside though just to allow the next in their natural position.
RD - Seamus O'Slapahan. Easy choice for me with them being, in my opinion, the best Dman in the entire league. He can hold down the lineup easily to not allow goals in and lay those hits.
G - Caleb Hayden. While only playing a few games for QCC this season I think their upside is massive. With a .907 sv % in those little games the potential is there for them to be a breakout star of the future and I would love that on my team.

Affiliate Claim for 1 task and 3 TPE:
PBE CW PT

Code:
Task #1 - 1 TPE
Interestingly enough, Quebec and Nevada were both eliminated in the semifinals last season. They both now meet to compete for the 4 Star Cup. Will Quebec win their first championship since S58? Or will first time finalists Nevada continue their dominant run through the playoffs?
Requirements: 50+ words.

I have to think with how dominant Nevada has been this season overall as well as rolling through some strong teams in the playoffs without a single loss so far, that they should continue. If their luck continues at the pace it has been it should be an easy series, however QCC is a deep team and well rounded everywhere and if Nevada isn't on their A game then QCC could take this quickly. 74 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2022, 03:03 PM by Otrebor13. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 1

I gotta go with Nevada here. I think both teams are very good teams, but Nevada has been so much better than their peers this season. Just looking at the regular season statistics, Nevada has 3 times more goal differential than Quebec, which just makes them harder to play against because they score a lot, and don’t give up many goals. Not to mention Nevada has yet to lose in the playoffs this season.

Task 2

I think this one is kind of self explanatory. If I wasn’t playing for Carolina, put me on Nevada. The reason? Well, they look like they’re the favourites to win the championship, and who wouldn’t want to be on a roster where they could win a championship. The Four Star Cup is one of the harder trophies to win in the SHL/SMJHL just because of your limited amount of time spent in the SMJHL.

In terms of where I would fit into the roster, I wouldn’t really mind/be picky. I’m pretty sure I’d be one of the weaker players on the team since I’m a rookie, but put me in any single role on the team and I’ll be more than happy with it. I’ll be a role player, a defensive guy, or even just a bench warmer. Whatever I could do to win a championship, I’m there. I have a ton of respect for Quebec, but I just think Nevada has the better chance, so put me on their roster.

Task 4

For a Carolina home game, hosting the Anchorage Armada, we will be giving all attendees one of those glass bottles with a tiny ship inside. However, the ship will be getting destroyed by a kraken coming from the water. It’s a great little piece that can be put on a shelf but also great for the Kraken fans who want a cool item of their favourite team taking down another team. However, these items will NOT be handed out at the game itself due to the possibility of some people throwing glass bottles at other fans or onto the ice. Therefore, fans will all register on the way out of the arena and will be shipped the item to their home instead.

Task 6

Giving back to the community is always important, and being an athlete and someone who has a lot of influence, doing good deeds and helping out goes a long way. I have volunteered a few times throughout my career, however one that I probably enjoyed the most was volunteering at was in children’s hospitals. There are so many kids who are struggling and battling various issues that it is nice to be able to pop in and see them smile. It’s difficult to have these families go through a lot, so being able to give some time to these kids is great. I have also made some charitable donations to these children’s hospitals in hopes of helping some of these kids recover from their fights and go on to have bright futures. I know it’s not perfect, but that little bit of joy from spending just a few minutes with these kids is all you need to know you’re doing something good.

Task 7

F – Paul Peterson: The guy who currently leads the playoffs in points, it’s an easy decision to take him. One of the better playmakers in the league, who is also over 55% in the faceoff circle. I don’t think there’s any question he should be on the team.

F – Din Djarin: Next in line is Peterson’s teammate, Djarin. Currently tied for 2nd in the playoffs in points (and tied for 1st in playoff goals), he’s on the team as well. Firstly, his offensive production cannot be denied, but probably more importantly will be his connection and chemistry with Peterson. You have to have the two of them, look at what they’re doing together.

F – Shylo Moxii: Our first Quebec player is none other than the goal scoring machine Shylo Moxii. The guy had 48 goals in the regular season, 8 more than the next guy! He is also tied in 1st with Djarin in playoff goals with 7. With Peterson’s playmaking abilities and these two potent scorers beside him, we’re in good hands.

D – Louise St. Martin: Looking at the D available, I think Louise is the entire package. Not only is the offensive production there, but look at those defensive abilities. She is hitting and blocking shots with the best of them, and brings it all on the ice. Definitely an all around defender I want on my team.

D – Chad Nickelback: Did I choose him because of his last name? Possibly. However, I also know having a fantastic puck mover is important, and that’s what Chad brings to the table. I think he will help get the puck out of the zone and get the offensive started from the back end.

G – Valérian Sauveterre: Is there any doubt who the goalie would be? 7-0-0, 1.52 GAA, 0.929 SV%. I really don’t think I have to say much more, do I?

Task 8

Playing in my first SMJHL was a tough one to start. I got drafted to Carolina, who put a lot of emphasis on younger players and wanting to move forward with a great group of new draftees. I think the plan is fantastic, and the team is stocked full of great players, however being one of the younger teams in the league, it definitely impacted the season we had. I started the season slowly, really finding it hard to get gong or try and help my team. Eventually I think I found a bit more consistency and started helping out on the offensive side of things.

However, I have a lot to continue working on, especially on the defensive side of the ice. I was not good enough, and even though our team struggled throughout the season, I still need to be better so when I’m out on the ice I am not a liability to the rest of the team and still bringing something positive. I think the group in Carolina is a great one, and we will continue to build a fantastic team moving forward. All of us youngsters are continually getting better, and I can’t wait to see what the near future has in store for the Kraken.

Task 10

This offseason is really just going to be spent working on my game, and trying to fine tune areas where I can improve on. As I mentioned in my season assessment, I think I need more work defensively, so that will be something I can try to improve. I will also continue to improve my offensive game, as that is my stronger aspect and what I do better at.

In addition to that, I expect to be in touch with some SHL GMs, possibly do some workouts with SHL teams if they want to see what they might be getting out of me if they decide to draft me. The draft is an exciting time, and this offseason will feel like a whirlwind, but I am excited and I can’t wait to see where I may end up.

Task 16

+3 Milestones

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 12:57 AM by vbottas17. Edited 8 times in total.)

Task #1 (+1 TPE):

The Nevada Battleborn have been the most dominant team in the SMJHL this season. Nevada will end up carrying their second half momentum into the finals, ultimately emerging victorious. The Battleborn enter the Finals 8-0 in the postseason and show no signs of slowing down. The Battleborn may be a fairly new franchise, but this team has incredible veteran leadership that will be the key to securing the 4 Star Cup.

Task #8, Rookie Season Evaluation (+3 TPE)

I couldn't be happier with the way that my rookie season went. I ended up being drafted by the team that I wanted to go to and have enjoyed every minute that I've spent in Nevada so far. The coaching staff put me on the ice in important situations and really helped me develop my game as the season progressed. I was thrilled to be rewarded with more ice time as the games became more important and even found a way to earn some powerplay time by the postseason. We ended up winning the 4 Star Cup, I was ecstatic to help bring a championship to the desert and i already can't wait for training camp to start next season.  While there's nothing to be dissatisfied with about how our season went. With that said, I know that people we'll have a huge target on our backs next season as the defending Champs. We'll undoubtedly be losing some of our veteran players and I'll need to take my game to a higher level to help make up for the losses. I want to establish myself as a leader next season and will be working hard to show up ready to set an example for my teammates and do my best to help fefend the title.

Task #11, Pre Draft Scouting (+3 TPE)

Alexi Piastri, F, Nevada Battleborn

Alexi Piastri proved to the rest of the SMJHL that the Battleborn knew what they were doing when they selected the Australian forward 11th overall in the S66 SMJHL Draft. Piastri played an important top 6 role for the Battleborn as the team steamrolled their way through the playoffs to claim the 4 Star Cup. Piastri transitioned to center and played admiraly in an unfamiliar role. Alexi finished the season with 23 goals and 33 assists despite very limited powerplay time. Piastri also recorded a +37 plus/minus rating and won 53.5% of his faceoffs. 

Strengths: Piastri is a quick skater who should only continue to improve in this department. Piastri finds a way to put himself into dangerous offensive positions and fires a lethal wrist shot when given the opportunity. 
Alexi has incredible puck handling skills and his passing improved as the season progressed. Alexi has shown the ability to adapt to new roles to suit the needs of his team and proved to be a competent defensive player.

Weaknesses: like many young players, Piastri could use some time in the weight room. He's not a big player & will need to continue to develop strength to one day compete in the SHL. While he has shown a variety of above average skills, there's not a single part of his gane that stands out as dynamic currently.

Projection: Late 1st round / Early 2nd round. Piastri is a bit of a wild card on draft day as a team may like his skillset and SMJHL rookie season showing enough to take him higher than expected. Very few mock drafts currently have Piastri high in their projections.

Player Comparison: Alex Light

Task #12, Questions (+3 TPE)
A. The player with the best name is easily Nevada defenseman Seamus O'Slapahan. With a name like that, you know that this man was born to fire clappers from the point. The name O'Slapahan is also a warning to opposing players who may be feeling froggy on any given night.. Seamus is known to slap around his opponents who are brave enough to try to get under his skin.
B.  The only reason that Colorado would have made the finals is if the entire Nevada Battleborn team wasn't allowed back into the country after celebrating their 1st round victory in the Mexico. Things got a little but crazy, but luckily nothing really caught the attention of authorities until after the team had already left. It's unknown if SMJHL players make enough money to pay off the federalies. The Scarecrows meanwhile could have easily advanced by scoring more goals.
C. Paul Peterson was the most important player for the Battleborn all season long. The rookie stepped into a huge role as the teams 1st line center and he never missed a beat. Peterson was 100% capable of filling the role and solidified the lineup from the second the season started. Petersons real coming out party was in the SMJHL playoffs, he's the leading candidate for playoff MVP, but his stellar play was noticeable all season long for anybody that followed the Battleborn. 

Task #13 - Latecomer Special - (+3 TPE)
The first key moment was that Nevada managed to show up. The Battleborn were on a team fishing trip in Alaska following their Conference Finals win and the boat ended up striking a iceberg and taking on some water. Luckily Foxy had all of the necessary tools to stop the leak and the team was able to safely make it back to shore. Apparently Alexi Piastri refused to partake in actual fishing and he didn't like the idea of piercing the faces of the poor fish.

The second key moment was Dominik Froste's overtime goal in game 2 of the Finals. The Battleborn controlled the pace of play but were down on the scoreboard late in the 3rd period until Alexi Piastri tied the game with under 5 minutes remaining in regulation. The Battleborn had not shown any real signs of weakness to this point in the playoffs and going to Quebec with the series even could have changed the tone of the series. Froste's goal was one of the most clutch goals scored in SMJHL history.

The final key moment was Paul Peterson's series clinching overtime goal in game 4. What's better than scoring a goal in a overtime with the championship on the line? Peterson scored the biggest goal in Battleborn history and put an incredible cherry on top of the Battleborn's 12-0 perfect postseason run. Peterson was dominant in the playoffs and it's only fitting that he was the player that ended up sealing the deal for Nevada.

Task #16, Milestones (+3 TPE): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3257879[/b][/b]

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

CW Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2022, 02:36 PM by erikvm. Edited 4 times in total.)

Task #1: Even though Quebec City  Citadelles has the MVP, I have to pick Nevada  Battleborn based on the run they have been on since the middle of the season. They literally have been the best team in the league and are undefeated in the playoffs so far. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them go 12-0 but I have them winning it all. 59 words.

Task #2: If there was a team I had to pick to play on, it would be the Vancouver Whalers Whalers . They have an extremely bright future,and my good friends Massive Coiler and dirtyboygrease are on the team, or if you prefer Antonio Flusso and Bojack Calhoun. I would hopefully slot right into the 2nd line, with my player on pace to reach the sophomore cap before the season even starts. I don’t think my player would make a big impact, but having another good player on an already stacked roster can’t hurt, and I really do think I would improve the team’s chances at a cup. I almost chose Nevada due to their interest in me before the draft, and the season they are currently having, but I wanted to mix it up because I believe a LOT of people are going to choose Nevada for this prompt, and I don’t blame them. I wish my team had a “smelling salts” budget like they do. 165 words.

Task #4: 
The Great Falls Grizzlies Grizzlies are giving back on fan appreciation night next season. If you buy a ticket to this game, you will receive the bear claw combo, it’s a bear claw donut, a whiteclaw and a foam bear claw similar to a foam finger. Fan Appreciation night will be held on our opening home game, and I want to see those bear claws in the air, in your mouth, and then washed down with a whiteclaw. The claws will only come in team colors, but you can get any flavor of whiteclaw that we have in the stadium, which is Black Cherry, Blackberry, and Tangerine.  106 words.

Task #7: Everyone loves a dream team, and at the height of these two teams' seasons, what's the best starting lineup you could form from these teams? There's two ways you can go about this, TPE or Stats during the season. I think since we are basing this on this season, I’m going to go with how players performed this season and playoffs. Our starting center is Shylo Moxii Citadelles , my pick for the MVP this season. He led the league in goals with 48, and that was 8 more than the next closest person, this one was an easy choice. Now I had a hard decision on who to put on the wings, and I’m going to put center Sophie Bordeleau  Citadelles and center Paul Peterson  Battleborn on Shylo’s wings. This may be a bit cheap, but Bordeleau is a 71 point center who obviously can score at a high clip, but she is a good playmaker to feed Moxii the puck, plus team chemistry is already there. Paul Peterson is a breakout rookie, leading the top team in the league in points, and the clear favorite to win rookie of the year and playoff mvp. Not putting him on this line would be a disservice to the season he has had. On defense we’re going with the best defender in the league, Seamus O’Slapahan Battleborn , with 61 points in 66 games as a defenseman, and a DGR of 78. This guy might have an argument for league MVP, but he’ll just have to settle for best defenseman. Chad Nickelback  Battleborn will be the last defenseman chosen, who had 49 points in 66 games and was a solid all around d-man. Our goalie is going to be Valérian Sauveterre Battleborn , who had a 908 save percentage and while he had less work than Justin Time this season, 20 percentage points of a difference in save percentage is too much to pass up. 315 words.

Task #8: How did I perform my rookie season? Amazing, way better than I expected for my first season in the league.I had 57 points in 66 games, which if it weren’t for Paul Peterson of the Nevada Battleborn, I might have topped the league. I not only led my team in points, but I led my team in game rating as well and with a 75 ogr, I am on track to reach my potential. I surpassed my own expectations of me, but when I was taken 5th overall, I think my expectations were higher from the league, and they should be, and I think I lived up to the hype for sure. What I need to improve on is my two way game, and I need to be better in my own end if the Grizzlies have a shot at competing next season, with a measly 62 DGR. I think I can prove how I look to the analytics people if I can improve my defense. 167 words. 

Task #9: The Grizzlies made the playoffs, which was a surprise to me, my predictions for this season was a full rebuilding year, but with how the playoffs are formatted, the Grizzlies snuck into the playoffs off the back of a weak division. The Grizzlies glaring problem this season was defense, and I think if this team wants to move forward as contenders, they need a high focus on defensemen in the draft. Our best defenseman TPE and performance wise was Nino Di Giuseppe, who was picked up halfway through the season and he’s a rookie, that should tell you all you need to know. I don’t think we are contenders next season, because our center from last draft class is taking an early retirement, and our first defenseman picked, Neal Newland, has been underperforming his TPE earnings because of real life commitments. If we can get some stud defensemen in the draft, my outlook will change. 155 words.

Task #12:
C:  I’ve talked about it a bit already in these tasks, and he made the dream team lineup, but I cannot stress how impressive Paul Peterson’s rookie campaign is, he led his team in points, to a top spot in the league, and a currently undefeated playoff run where he almost 2 points per game, with 19 points in 10 games. If he hadn’t already locked in Rookie of the Year, playoff mvp will definitely push him over the edge. 79 words.

16 total tpe earned, max.

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 12:16 AM by Runningman434. Edited 7 times in total.)

Task #7 - 3 TPE
G- Valérian Sauveterre Battleborn
One of the top goalies in the league this season. Sauveterre has been dominant in the playoffs with a .933 save percentage and a 1.43 GAA. Those are elite numbers making this an easy choice.

LD- Chad Nickleback Battleborn
Nickelback is adept at moving the puck and racking up assists. They are constantly dictating he play moving forward and will definitely be a threat to opposing defenses. While not as quite a lock down defender as his partner in crime Seamus O’Slapahan, Nickleback provides more going forward. And I’m not too worried about giving up so defensive prowess since we have the next player on the list…

RD- Seamus O’Slapahan  Battleborn
Who else could I possibly pair Nickleback with? This duo is a huge part of Nevada’s success, and I wouldn’t dare to split them up. O’Slapahan will provide the tough, big hitting defensive game that will complement Nickleback’s more offensively minded game.

LW- Tam Kove Citadelles
Kove has had a very solid postseason as a physical left winger making solid plays. I think they would provide a nice complement to the two other forwards on this list who are more offensive minded. Kove will look to be a responsible defensive winger who can support the other two more offensive threats.

C- Shylo Moxii Citadelles
Moxii was an elite goal scorer during the regular season, and they maintained that pace during the post season. They’re a strong threat to score, and I want them on the squad. They will pair well with Djarin to put up big numbers.

RW- Din Djarin Battleborn
Djarin put up great offensive numbers in the postseason and posted an extremely high offensive grade. They were a driving force of the Nevada offense, and would slot in nicely alongside Moxxi and Kove.

Task #8 - 3 TPE
I would say my first season in the SMJHLwas pretty solid. I finished with 100 hits. 49 takeways and 106 blocked shots, so defensively I feel as though I was a solid contributor to the team in that respect. Offensively I chipped in a few (21) assists which I was pleasantly surprised with. Less surprising was my god-awful shooting percentage (4%) leading to only 5 goals on the season. I wasn’t expecting to score a lot of goals, but that shooting percentage is atrocious. Moving forward I would love to see an uptick across the board. The defensive numbers are solid, but I want them to push from good to better. More importantly, I am hoping to provide more offense going forward this coming season. This will balance out my game and hopefully lead to more success as a team since they don’t have to carry me quite as hard offensively. Realistically, I would like to end the season with around 10 goals shooting 8-9% while also chipping in with a similar number of assists. Defensively, I would like to see my shots blocked jump to around 130, my hits to 110, any my takeaways to 55. I think that would represent a solid step from year 1 to 2, and open the door to another jump in year 3.

Task #10 - 2 TPE
Sean Davies plans on spending the offseason working on his offensive game. He’s hoping to work on his passing and shooting to open up a different side to his game and become less of a liability going forward. Spending the summer in Alaska has given Davies some time to enjoy the nature the area has to offer. In particular he’s embraced his inner Rocky and enjoys training off in the mountains. Sometimes he can even convince his teammates to join him. When he’s not training, Davies enjoys hiking, kayaking, and fishing. He also took a trip back home to England to see his family and was welcomed warmly by some of the locals who had watched his journey to the SMJHL. After an offseason of rest, recovery, and preparing for the SHL draft, Davies is prepared for a breakout campaign in year two. Coming back smarter, quicker, and more technically gifted than when the season ended.

Task #11 - 3 TPE
Scouting Report- Sean Davies
Height: 6’ 4”
Weight: 210 lbs

Strengths:
- Reads game well
- Strong positional play
- More than willing to use their body to block shots
Weaknesses
- Poses little threat shooting from the point
- Struggles to get open and find lanes offensively
- Skating just average

Analysis:
Sean Davies is a defensively minded defenseman whose greatest strength is their positional play. Davies knack for reading and reacting to whatever the opposing offense is throwing at him is very good for his age and will only continue to get better as he gains experience. The rest of Davies defensive game is not quite as polished as his tactical awareness but does not lag too far behind. He is more than capable of using his body to knock opponents off the puck, and displays a real desire and aptitude for blocking shots. Physically, Davies has good size at 6’4” and 210 pounds. Despite this, Davies does not display great strength, and will need to hit the weight room and fill out their frame to avoid being overpowered. Davies will also need to improve his skating before making the jump to the next level. Against SMJHL competition Davies is a fairly average skater, but would quickly find himself overwhelmed by SHL opponents who are quicker, faster, and display better balance. Again, as Davies continues to mature, he should be able to improve here. Davies biggest weaknesses are his lack of offensive game. Offensively, Davies struggles to read the game and find open channels he can shoot from. This is exacerbated by a weak shot that makes him a lack of threat from range. Davies has displayed decent touch as a passer, and should be able to offset some of his deficiencies by utilizing this ability to find teammates who can effectively score. Teams will have to hope Davies defensive ability will more than offset his lack of production on offense.

Draft Projection: Late 1st rounder

Task #15- 2 TPE:
First of all, thanks for your hard work in keeping the league running. As a rookie to the site, I don’t have a point of reference to compare to, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the PT opportunities. They’ve allowed for some good interaction with other members/the league, and I’ve appreciated looking into other teams/players through it. I really do think taking my time to work on these has helped me have a better feel for the league and the players in it. It’s nice to be able to recognize teams/players/users and relate that to some of their PT responses. Hard to come up with any recommendations at this time. I’ll update if I think of any. For now, thanks again and keep up the great work!

Task #16- 3 TPE:

+3 TPE - S66 MIlestones

Total: +16 TPE

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2022, 04:55 PM by dirtyboygrease. Edited 6 times in total.)

Task #1

In my first deep dive I did a small analysis about the Nevada Battleborns trio of Dan King,Chad Nickelback and Seamus O'Slapahan leading the team from the back end providing over 100 points just on defense, with Dan King feasting at even strength I dont see Quebec containing Nevada here.

Task #2

This is a very interesting question as I am sure there are much more competitive teams that you can ice with Bojack on the back end but honestly there is no other player in the league I'd want to play with besides the legendary BEAN can(Derek BOHNE JR) and that is Bobby McGinnis of the Great Falls Grizzles. There would be no greater feeling in the world than leading a team knowing that I have a whipping boy in little Bobster, who by the way is an absolute sim breaker and fluke, by my personal calculations should only be good for about 12 points a year not really sure how he managed to trick and deceive his team into giving him special teams minutes, Yeah I am onto you Bobby despite your beautiful hair and eyes I will have you in a full nelson before we are both in the SHL competing like Ovi and Sid.

Task #3

[Image: VgosQQy.png]

Task #4

Celebrating Bojack Calhouns(fan favorite) sophomore season the Vancouver Whalers will be giving out pairs of his personalized replica shades on opening night of season 67. These bussing shades will have children and adults of all ages looking straight fire with max drip frfr ong no cap. These commemorative sun glasses mark the second year of Bojacks future hall of fame career, personally autographed and designed  to be worn on the ice, even fitting behind childrens fishbowl style helmets and college cages. Never be blinded by the camera flashes again as you walk around Bobby McGinnis and go bar down mary brown from downtown. Comes in three colors randomly distributed by seating area pricing. Each seat will also come with a coupon for a free juul.

Task #11

Bojack Calhoun comes into the draft entering his sophomore year in the SMJHL. He joined the Whalers half-way through the season as a free agent. Although the whalers had a disappointing finish Bojack was a solid defensive player on the second pairing with Antonio Flusso. Unlikely to get powerplay time to start the next season scouts should be focused on his 5v5 scoring and generally smoldering hot body, his back is huge and so are his biceps. However there are distrubing reports of his off ice behavior, and that he makes a terrible roommate due to something dubbed "the screams".

Task #10

Zero goals in the regular season for me so I will be adressing that by jacking up my muscle mass, syringes, creatine,  synthol and steel cut oats everyday all day. I will be returning next season drafted probably 1st overall and just generally a massive heap of screaming hot muscle. I may also read a book or two about offensive positioning and possibly "black magic" as I need to stop Bobby McGinnis from getting anything good in life, spiritual or otherwise. I really hope god graces me some special teams time maybe I will have to give someone on the PP unit a case of the "night screams".

Task #15

As a recreate coming back after 4 years It's pretty interesting to see how the site has improved and changed but there are still a few things as a new player that are sort of confusing or obscure. And it would be helpful especially when getting friends into it if a few basic things were just more apparent.

Some very important info is located within a post, within a post IE (where and when your weekly training timer resets). Attributes and what they do are a complete mystery with alot of conflicting information on the forums even though that is probably by design so everyone isnt using the same builds but a general explanation of the stats when you create a player would be helpful especially since the game changed sim engines inbetween when I first played and currently, therefore alot of the old info is just irrelevant. Also the index should have important non-game stat related info like the draft stream dates on it etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: vj4u3El.png]