Create Account

S67 PT #2: Book Deal Due: October 2nd @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Player Prompt: Videl is a decent writer...

[Image: PT2.jpg]

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

[Image: ot9UMyg.png]

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

[Image: ERpfudt.png]

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

When we're traveling, I love the playing the classics to kill the time. I'll play video games and cards with my teammates, but lately I find myself looking for a quiet spot on the plane and reading a good book.

I've always loved reading, but I tend to stop for a long time in between books. Every now and again, though, I'll get the itch to just relax, shut off any screens and get lost in a good mystery novel. There's something very peaceful about getting cozy and reading. The grind is long and you're always moving and on the go. Playing video games can keep you stimulated and active, which doesn't really give your mind and body a proper break. Busting out a book and just being in silence as you visualize the story in your mind is such a great way to reset yourself. I've tried to get some of my teammates on the book train and a couple have taken me up on the offer, and I'm hoping more will follow suit.

(175 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2
Regular Season - [G 7] [A 13] [Pts 20] [+/- +27] [PIM 36] [Hits 37] [SB 125]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 2] [Pts 2] [+/- +4] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 12]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

[Image: book.png]

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 10:28 PM by Sburbine.)

Player Prompt
Jay O'Neil doesn't read, why read when you can be watching game tape and other highlight reels. Reading is a distraction from being better at hockey. Did you see that mistake he made at 11:40 in that game against Seattle? Time to watch it over and over so Jay never does it again. Got a game against Chicago coming up? Time to watch their last three games and learn everything he can. The only books that Jay every reads are hockey analytic books and books about the history of the game, learning all of the theory of what makes teams and players good and learning about hockey of the past can only help make Jay better. Other than that it's game tape and highlights for entertainment, he's even recently started listening to radio broadcasts of the game at the same time as he's watching replays of it, he thinks it helps him get more interpretations of what is happening. He even goes to sleep listening to playlists of hockey podcasts, consuming as much as he can so he can be the best.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

[Image: zTqA7p1.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Biographies are interesting and all, but let's be honest.. Sarah Burke isn't the most exciting player and probably won't have anyone on the edge of their seats with her straight-forward hockey experiences. Instead of going that route, she's going to ask a gaggle of fantasy authors to generate a collection of short stories with Burke as the main protagonist. It'll include pieces from Neil Gaiman, Pat Rothfuss (because he needs more distractions from Doors of Stone), George RR Martin (because he needs more distractions from Game of Thrones), Joe Abercrombie, Brandon Sanderson, and maybe some Terry Pratchett for comic relief. A lot of these guys have collaborated before so I think it would end up being a pretty stellar book. To get the feminine touch in there, she might also poke Robin Hobb and Katherine Arden. Each story will have a general hockey theme, but authors will be given full autonomy in how they want to weave that theme into their fantasy worlds. I'd totally read it.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

Creative Prompt

Mikko Rashford has always wondered what it would be like to write his own book.  Heck, each and every day he feels he has a task that he must complete in order to get better as a player.  He still isn't sure if those small written tasks are helping him, but it certainly has prepared him for writing his own book.

But something feels off about writing the story himself, so Mikko has decided to hire @tommytightpants to take control of "how" the story is written.  Tommy, a longtime teammate and good friend knows Mikko better than most, and his ability to tell a story is unlike any other.  

The story will focus on how Mikko's dedication to being a dual sport athlete, and family first focus has allowed him to stay grounded as his playing careers have gone on.  Never one to find himself chasing the finer things in life, his story is more about who got him to where he is now, than it is about himself

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Creative prompt

First of all: my book will have to wait a little. My agent has signed the deal, sure, but we have never talked about when we're going to start with it. Ideally I'd like to start with the story after my retirement. Luckily this isn't too far into the future, compared to younger players having to deal with this idea, but I would never want to publish a book about my career while my active career isn't over yet, so just to keep that in mind. I could well imagine hiring some author and writing it together with them. They would interview me, write something, edit it, but in the end I would want to be involved in the process. And yes, it would probably be some kind of biography with some other topics of personal interest like - you guessed it - my famous coffee obsession and perhaps some cooking. Why would people read it? Because there is so, so much about my life that isn't public and people would definitely want to know more about a player with such a long career. Who knows, maybe something interesting will happen in the next seasons that are still ahead of me? That's why I wouldn't want to write/publish it now. Either way you'll definitely enjoy it if you're a fan of the SHL, the good old Lions / Berserkers, the North Stars or simply a fan of ...me?

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

I'm not even sure people would want to a buy a book about me. I've only been playing for 2,5 seasons so far in my young career and haven't really achieved anything so far. I guess stories about me growing up as a kid and moving through junior teams could be in the book. I never really thought that period was special, but looking back right now, perhaps it was. Hockey came easy to me and it felt natural. I was good from the moment I laced up and picked up a stick. In college was the first time I finally met some real opponents. That period was a bit harder for me, as I had to adapt and start training harder because talent alone wasn't enough anymore. It was a mindset change and fortunately I think I did okay. As I was drafted by the Kelowna Knights and am now also a prospect for the Montreal Patriotes.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

If there was ever given the opportunity to get a book published about the life of Luukas Lilja, it would be a no brainer to just do it. Would definitely not write it myself, just hire a guy who has been doing it more so we can get a good book published. What would make the book unique is that it will include Lilja's sports stories, like his first season in the SHL or the SMJHL or the first games of WJC or IIHF and how it made him feel like he was actually achieving something in his career to more personal hockey involved stories like his father taking him to his first ever rival game with Tappara and Ilves to driving to his first ever hockey practice and what they did afterwards or beforehand. Just something highly personal but still hockey involved. People would want to read it just for the personal stories, duh.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Gatez's book would obviously be a cook book. This book will be 3 parts. The first part will be childhood favorites which are basically just recipes from his grandmother and mom and what they cooked him growing up. A Colorado/New Mexico nostalgia portion filled with Posole, Pork Green Chile, Pinto Beans, Flour Tortillas, Pork Red Chile, Tamales, and Chile Rellenos, Colorado Lamb, Palisade Peach Cobbler. The next part will be healthy food that Sean has become a fan of while being a pro athlete. Lots of fresh vegetable forward recipes like Corn & Tomato Salad, Herb Crusted Chicken w/ Vegetable Medley, Cauliflower Steaks with Tumeric and Almonds, Pached Chicken w/ Scallion Ginger sauce, Spice Roasted Carrots w/ Avocado and Yogurt just to name a few. The third part of the book will be cocktails. Whether it be classics like Manhattans, Daiquiris or Gimlets, or the more complex Corpse Reviver 2, or Viex Carre he will cover all of his favorite, easy to make cocktails.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

Player task;

William Salming has a close relationship for readng since childhood. He has always read a lot but in recent years a little bit less because he has been too busy in his hockey career and like for most of us, smart phones have stolen too much of his spare time. He would have time to read in the airplanes during road trips but he prefers nowadays too often to scroll through Twitter. But when he reads, he likes to read sports book about athletes and Olympics. He also reads books about football, cycling and running. He also loves to read books about healthy lifestyle and cross-country skiing. When he was younger he read a lot of books which told about fiction stories about young people hanging out together and being part of something exciting like secret places and murders. Today he doesn't read that kind of books anymore. Today he reads only true stories. One of the best fiction books is still from Hanya Yanagihara and called Small Life. I recommend it a lot.

[Image: salming.png]

Lacksamus goes in little reading spurts. Sometimes he will get into a book, or a series of books, and knocks them out very quickly and finds others to follow. Then he may not read much for months at a time. Really depends on what is captivating to him at the moment. And these days it is 100% kindle based. Do not try passing out a physical book. The convenience of always having the book available and not having to keep track of pages really makes the kindle methos much more usable.

Though Ivan goes in and out of books, he commonly listens to books when driving. The library provides a ton of audio books and this helps get through the drives without having to listen to the same music over and over and over again. And if you start a book that does not seem to be your thing you can just return it and get another one in minutes. It makes the whole process very smooth and beats the radio.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King