Create Account

S68 SMJHL PT #1 - Nice Places

Congratulations on being drafted! The hard work starts now, and your teammates are all ready to get to know you!.
Written option: You just walked into the lockerroom for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include 150 words.
Graphic option: Make an image depicting a couple of members of your team hanging out together in the locker room. Must include the team logo somewhere.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S68 SMJHL Rookies (S69 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, November 20th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022, 03:15 AM by Zap. Edited 1 time in total.)

When Matthew LeClaire walked into the ST. Louis Scarecrows locker room for the first time, he was extremely nervous. LeClaire was not expected to be the very last draft pick chosen in the 6th round pick 79 in the S68 SMJHL Draft. He wasn't sure how his teammates would react to him joining the team since he was the lowest draft pick possible. When he walked through the locker room doors the whole team is there cheering him on for joining the Crows. Excitement from both sides. "The Steal of the draft" they would say to him. Even the gm was there to greet him with open arms. It became a loud chant in the locker room "The Steal Of The Draft" over and over again. Getting louder and louder. Being here Immediately felt like being at home.  LeClaire quickly realizes that this is the locker room that he wants to be in. He is home.
156 words

When the newly drafted Georg N'Zola first walked into the Anchorage Armada locker room, he apparently made some interesting first impressions on other players. Some looked at him with disgusted glance, and the others were just drooling for this guy. It was not easy to settle in to the elite Armada locker room but Georg eventually came in good terms after he cracked a few jokes here and there. One of the guys who was more than thrilled to be playing with N'Zola was the Armada's goalie von Hecht. Guy could not keep his excitement to himself, apparently he had been playing against N'Zola some time ago and got a good fight out of it, so naturally being on same side as this monstrosity of a player is a huge perk to his name

After the first on-ice practice with the new and improved Armada roster which was strengthened by both N'Zola and Scholz, the team headed out to dinner to get to know more of eachother. I think it will all work out by next week when the season starts and Georg N'Zola will be seen in full action

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

I walked in with my head shifting from high to low. My expectations of this draft were a lot higher than 33 overall going off of the draft talks i had with GMs saying this draft wasn't very stacked so i probably wouldn't even be available with their lower 1st rounders, my heart fell lower and lower into my throat as the picks were announced. Clearly the league isn't interested.
In the end i was drafted to Newfoundland which i am very happy about as it was my top destination for obvious reasons, walking into the LR was a deja vu moment. I felt like i had been here before. I turned the corner towards where i was assigned a locker and i was greeted by a bunch of good doggos! Wow look at them, small, big, medium, wow this is heaven, good thing i'm not allergic.
I'm going to be happy here, it'll just take some time to get over the disappointment.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

As Luca Pane entered the locker room for the first time, the Scarecrows were just starting their satanic ritual of sacrificing pieces of corn. It was a very strange sight. Since the Scarecrows has three first round picks, Luca walked in with Hugh Manius and Walt "Clyde" Frazier. The three of us did not know what to expect but found a nice cozy corner with a little drinks table where we proceeded to drink what we thought was very thick wine. It turned out we had a huge misunderstanding. They were not sacrificing the corn, they were cooking it. The bottle we were drinking from was actually melted butter. I am sure you can imagine the look on our faces when we ruined the Sunday Night Corn Dinner by drinking all the butter. Most of the team laughed it off and called it simple rookie mistakes, but the GM did not look too thrilled about having to run to get my butter from the grocery store.

[166]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

It was a long flight for Tiberius Kane from Yukon to Great Falls. It could have been longer, but thank the Lord he was drafted in a northern state. Which is perfect. There should be snow on the ground through most of the season if you're doing it right. Traveling over the rockies, it looked like the spine of the world, hopefully great falls wasn't the ass portion. And indeed it was not. After a long journey, Tiberius finally arrived at the hotel, his new home for the time being. He was careful not to unpack too much. If all went according to plan, he'd have an apartment soon. Unfortunately, he didn't sleep much. The next day was the first day everyone would be in the locker room. After the usual hazing, taking a bite out of a bear heart and burying the carcass for good luck, Tiberius was finally able to meet with his new teammates. A few others were also new: Doomslatter, Tenderloin, Ox, and Dion. Meeting all of the veterans was cool, but there was something itching in the back of his mind. It wasn't the veterans who they had to impress. They would be gone in a year or two. It was the new 5. The weight of expectation. The looming familiarity. It was exciting. This team could go places.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

PBE Claim

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Since Kelly is unknown by his team or anyone else, He figure he make a good impression by carrying 2 cases of Molson into the locker room Kelly plays as hard as he works (his idol is Phil Esposito), he is hoping to prove himself a good teammate and that someone can give him a report on the Carolina nightlife.

Johnny Wagner-Svenson, the second overall pick of the Carolina Kraken in the Season 68 SMJHL Draft, came into the Kraken locker room to mixed reactions and high expectations. There are some players who think that it's weird that the nephew of one of the Kraken legends, Jimmy Wagner, now plays for the team, and others who are looking forward to having someone of similar skill and drive as Jimmy back in Carolina to help them for the next few seasons. There are a lot of similarities in the style of gameplay between Jimmy and Johnny, focusing on speed and offensive prowess, something that the Kraken need help with after a few seasons of down-luck when it comes to putting the puck in the net. Johnny is excited to hopefully live up to the legacy left by his uncle in Carolina, and he hopes that he can help bring the spark that the Kraken need to push for a deep run into the playoffs.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

When Pork Tenderloin walked into the Great Falls Grizzlies locker room it was truly a sight to behold. I mean, how often do you see a hunk of meat walk into a bear's den? He had to fight off the ravenous teammates to prove to them that he was truly worthy of being a Grizzly. And once the dust had settled and things became clear, Pork Tenderloin was truly a Grizzly. He had the beef, the meat, the stuff that it takes to make it as a true apex predator in the SMJHL. His teammates were overjoyed that he was there and that he could provide a valuable service to them as a Grizzly. He had had to do the same when he joined the Colorado Raptors for a brief period and honestly, he'd rather fight off a pack of Raptors than have to fight off a bunch of Grizzlies. So the fact that he is now a part of the team is really some weight off his shoulders.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Big Walter Ulrich walked into the Kelowna Knights locker room with a purpose. He dropped his bag off next to his locker and stated his business. "I have come to drink beer and win titles, and I'm all out of beer." Upon this startling news, Walter's teammates pointed him to the nearest liquor store because it would be heinous if the rookie wasn't aware of his many booze options in Kelowna. Plus, how could they make him buy them booze later if he didn't know where to get it now? Simply put, hazing the rookie to buy alcohol for them would be impossible! Walter dragged his fellow rookies on this journey, as he was not about to be the only one who knew where to get bad, cheap vodka. When they returned, the rookies were hailed as heroes, as Kelowna's GM stood by the door, incredibly disappointed.

Big Walter Ulrich
S69 Prospect

Walt "Clyde" Frazier was excited to be drafted by St. Louis. Having been mentored in his youth by SHL HOF'er and Scarecrow alum, Otis B. Driftwood he already felt a strong connection to the franchise. He was very happy to hear his name called and wanted to get started right away.

The team reached out right away and invited him to the facility to meet the boys. Compounding Frazier's excitement, the Crows had also drafted his very good friend Hugh Manius a few picks before. Manius and Frazier ended up traveling together to the team headquarters. The team was very welcoming and warm to its two newest players. They were directed to the locker room where the rest of the fellas had gathered to greet them.

It was a blur of friendly faces and handshakes. Some good natured teasing was involved of course, since it is a locker room after all. Walt got his new equipment and some team swag. A front office employee helped him in finding local accommodations that weren't too expensive for the young man.

Altogether, it was a very positive experience and Walt can't wait to get out there practicing, learning about his teammates and building a team to win the Four Star Cup

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Now I must open with this because it’s the the truth I’m glad I dropped down to 25. There are probably low expectations of me but I’m just going to work my butt off and be the steal of the draft as I should. When I walked into the LR for the first time Hirano was met with open arms everyone was excited we opened cold ones and drank 4 and got wasted instantly. Draft party anyone? Anyways as the story goes it was a good time. Hirano had lengthy talks with the GM so it wasn’t surprise to be drafted by maine it was also Hiranos first choice to go because the actual interest shown by the GMs. Now my next move is to work hard and max earn like a champion and be the SMJHL draft steal of the century an absolute beauty and and an absolute gem for the Maine timber!!! My team mates are lit asf ngl!

165 words

PBE Affiliate

Rikaad entered the Knights locker room with a mix of emotions. Some excitement, for the beginning of a new league, a new team to play for, but some anxiousness as well. This would be Rikaad's first time outside of Europe playing on a completely different continent. He left his home to pursue his dream of making it to the SHL and Kelowna would be the first stop.

Luckily, that anxiousness went away quickly as Rikaad found the stall that said Metzller over it. He stood in awe for a second collecting himself before a few members of the team introduced themselves. Everyone was extremely friendly, especially Ulrich, who had a hint of beer on his breath.

Rikaad checked out the amenities after meeting some teammates. The gym looked really nice, a great team room with some bubble hockey and kitchen, even an xbox.

Overall, Rikaad is extremely excited to be in Kelowna and knows he has some great teammates and a front office.