Create Account

S68 SMJHL oPT - One Season at a Time

With the finals here, some of us are now beginning to look towards the SHL Draft. Under the draft spotlight, your careers will soon take the next step and times will only fly by quicker. But right now, let's take a deep breath and step back for one second here.
Task: You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season? Were there any glorious moments that will forever be enshrined in your memory? (100 words min.)
You will receive 2 TPE for fulfilling all the requirements.
Only S68 SMJHL Rookies (S69 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: the S69 SHL Entry Draft
Finally, as this will be the last SMJHL PT you will do, on behalf of the SMJHL PT Team, I'd like to congratulate you all for completing the first season of hopefully many great ones. We wish you best of luck in your future careers!

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

For me, my player Ray Alexander had a very decent regular season on its own, with 43 points in 66 games, but I noticed when doing the milestones, that I wasn't sure where the numbers came from, but I was above the benchmark on most of the non scoring stats, which I was super happy about, as well as Ray having a very good playoffs with 12 points in 10 games, I was very happy with how my players rookie year went, and especially as a first gen it was really nice to have a good first season on the site. [102 words]

Overall the performance provided by Georg N'Zola for the Anchorage Armada was mediocre. Yes, he scored 17 goals and 27 assists for 44 points but that does not cover his game at all. Opponents scored more goals against N'Zola (3.3GA/60) than he managed to score himself (3GF/60). Whoever this does not reach, over the course of his first season opponents managed to create 40 more shot opportunities when N'Zola was on the ice.

Advanced stats do not lie, but regardless of them I would say under vague outlook 44 points for a middle-table team is pretty decent, especially from a guy who is slowly on the rise to catch up to capped players. N'Zola also recorded the most hits for his team (145) which is still not enough. Next season, N'Zola needs to record atleast 200 hits or he will be retired on the spot. That will be his triumph

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Honestly i did not know what to expect my first season to look like. From a "me" standpoint i definitely wanted to score more, just under 0.5 points per game isn't enough and that is something that i will definitely improve on next season. One of the reasons is that no stats was improved for like half the season, so i didn't really set myself up well.

From a draft standpoint i'd say i did great, i guess i get some leeway being a third round pick, so nobody can hate on me for not being the best, even though that is what i strive for.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Luca Pane's season has been surprising in more ways then one. First off, I did not expect to put 40+ points in my first season. Though I would say I thought I would score a few more goals I am happy with the overall season. Another surprising stat that I did not expect would happen are the 148 hits. I was not expecting to be the hitting type at first, but realize the potential of a power forward in this league. Playing physically has certainly helped the overall team play and I can see how Luca took that and ran, eh, skated. I'm looking forward to Luca growing into a more complete player in the next season.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

Wonada Jagrs season isn't much to brag or complain about. It isn't like he is about to blow anyone out of the water offensively, though he was 5th on the team in goals, and 6th on the team in points. A bit higher than you may think for a rookie, even if the totals themselves aren't there. However, without some special teams time, and a lower shooting percentage, we could see those numbers bump up very nicely next season. Relative corsi and fenwick show he wasn't a liability but by no means a star on the team, which is alright for the rookie season. That said, some stats show he wasn't great defensively, which I find funny in regard to the milestones this offseason. Jagrs led in some stats I wouldn't expect, and none close offensively, so at least he's capable all around the ice, even if that isn't what I intended. 

152 words

Overall, Peter Tingle has had a very successful first season with the Maine Timber. The team was doing well when he signed with them. He slid into a depth role on the third line and right away dominated in the face-off circle. He played well defensively while contributing to the offence occasionally. Peter was given opportunity on the second line later on in the season but didn’t necessarily stand out with the extra opportunity. The one thing you can count on is that Peter will be working hard every week to get better. Next season you will see him get better in a number of areas in his game. It would be nice to see a bump in his offensive production as he moves up the line up.

Johnny Wagner-Svenson had an ok rookie season, especially considering he played as a 3rd line defenseman for most of it. His numbers weren't standout in any category, but he was part of the Carolina Kraken team that went deep into the playoffs and took Detroit to 7 games. He's very much looking forward to his sophomore season where he'll be able to at least play as a forward, though there have been rumblings from management that he'll still be slightly out of position, putting him at Center instead of Wing. He'll be happy as long as he's able to increase his scoring opportunities over his rookie season.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

This rookie season has been better than I could have imagined for Pork Tenderloin. Sure there wasn't a lot of team success but on a personal level I accomplished more than I thought I might by a very large margin. This season Pork Tenderloin set the rookie record for shots blocked in a single season and also posted the 6th most shots blocked by any player in SMJHL history in a single season. All I really wanted to do was be a defensive phenom with this player so it's awesome that I actually set a record in my inaugural season. Now all we have to to is get a little team success going and I'll be happy as can be.

Code:
120 words

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Jack McCarthy's first season with Regina had both positives and negatives. On the positive side, McCarthy finished the regular season with a +8 and tallied a decent amount of shot blocks and takeaways. The team also was able to advance past the first round. On the negative side, McCarthy struggled in the playoffs as he recorded just two points in eleven games along with a -2 registered on the ice. The Elk were also eliminated in five games by the Kraken.

The moment that will live in McCarthy's mind for a while is most certainly the final whistle and celebration after the Elk defeated Newfoundland in game 6. It was the first playoff series win for McCarthy, and getting to celebrate with the guys who welcomed him in mid-season was a moment he will not forget.

136 words

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

I like to think I had a decent rookie season. After a slow start I managed to claw back to respectability and finish the season with 32 points, just shy of 0.5 points per game. It was the second lowest point total on the team among forwards so definitely some room for improvement. Another area of my game I look at is the physicality and I did ok in that area as well racking up 100 hits, just barely enough to hit 3 digits. I wasn't anywhere near some of the success of the other rookies, but I think I set a respectable bar for next season as I hope to become more impactful for the Armada.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

I think that this season exceeded any expectations i had going into the season. I had full faith in our GMs to build an excellent team but being able to contribute to the extent i did with 50 assists and 17 goals. To watch out team walk through the regular season with a dominating record and then fight our way into the championship was nothing that i would have ever considered before the season started. Especially with us having multiple rookies coming onto the team to help us build. Overall I'm very happy with the hot start the we've seen from 4 chainz and a sucessful start to the SHL career. Bring on the draft!

[Image: f7.png]

Season 68 of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League was a fruitful one for Billy Herrington of the Detroit Falcons as he surpassed all expectations by finishing with 42 goals which was good for 4th overall in goals amongst all other players. Being a new member of the Detroit Falcons, I will forever be thankful for the work that @Vaxlare and co put in to creating the most surprising 3rd line in my time as a member of the site. I had no idea that this was possible with the changes in sim engine and it is random stuff like this that satisfies the dopamine craving that is always there with sports. I had zero expectations coming back as a recreate and maybe my expectations may not be set way too high for next season <3

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Having entered his rookie SMJHL season as the fourth-overall selection in the most recent draft came with a certain level of expectation for Petr Vrána. I think it is safe to say that Petr exceeded those expectations by scoring 21 goals and 27 assists in 66 games. That tally indicates that Vrána was scoring at a rate of once every three games, an optimistic sign for the young scoring winger. Moving into his sophomore season, Petr sets his sights on not just team success, which means building on an underwhelming Knights record, but also increasing his goal-scoring rate closer to once every second game which would leave him with at least 30 goals.

In terms of expectations, I didn't expect anything this season, mainly due to the season occurring mostly in finals season, and by proxy I posted infrequent updates. This also had the unfortunate result of me not watching many sims, so unfortunately I didn't have many moments to pull back on. Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk had an okay first season in the SMJHL: not a contender for rookie of the year, but solid nonetheless. DuBølk ended the season with 31 points in 66 games, which tended to be the norm for rookies this season. Defensively, it was a very solid season with 115 hits and 95 blocks, enough for 2nd on the Battleborn (though nowhere near close to the top 10 in the league).

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]