Create Account

Froste's Scouting Report - Forwards (2/2) (2x Draft Media)
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2023, 07:05 AM by Froste39. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dominik Froste here.

Since I have 5 seasons in the SMJHL under my belt now I feel confident to do some profound scouting of new and "new" prospects joing the J.
For better readability I will divide the Report into Forwards and Defense/Goalies, splitting them in multiple parts depending on my time.
If your player hasn't made it into the report it means I am going to include them in the next one, am partially blind, stupid or you created after my report was written. Nothing personal, kid.
There is no particular order for the Prospects.
Pronoun disclaimer: For easier wrting flow I will adress everyone with the "they" pronoun.
13. LeBron James
Center
USA
Newgen
Seems like LeBron is branching out. He's out to win some hockey games now.
User thebrawnzage tries to accomplish this by creating a speedy offensive teamplayer. We ar elooking at strenghts in Passing, Offensive Read and Speed (13), flanked by decent stick-checking and passable shooting. We are looking at a true Center here who could be a playmaker rather than a sniper.
On the defensive LeBron is passable but lacks Aggression (5) and hitting/checking qualities.
Activity-wise there is much to love as they did a lot of tasks and already opened up a sig shop, allowing for a steady flow of income. If I deduced it correctly we are looking at an experienced sim-user from other league, who will surely find a home early on.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Lasse Zeigler
Right Wing
Germany
Recreate
Yet another Berliner, Lasse steps into the fray with a very balanced build. There is a slight lean into the offensive capabilities with 12's at Passing, Puckhandling, ACC, RAN, and Offensive Read but there really is nothing apart from Aggression and Fighting (5) that is being ignored here.
A perfect player for a team that looks for Forwards they can shape into a role the team needs. User jaypc8237 already had a player in the SHL with Jayden Cloutier but had to abandon the SHL some time for personal reasons and thought a clean slate would be a good thing.
I can sympathize with that as I also had personal trouble the last seasons. I hope all goes well this time for Lasse.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Darius Garland
Right Wing
USA
Newgen
Wait another NBA player? Did I miss a lockout? So, Garland comes in as the personified average. Nearly every stat is a 10 with small outliers being Shooting RAN at 12 and Strength at 13. While not excelling anywhere they also do not slack off in a category making them, much as the other similar players, a perfect clean slate to transform into what the team needs.
Activity is a concern though. Since creating on 23.12.22 user Wxrenski has done no activity at all, not even created an Update Thread. Therefore this might be an IA and not desireable for a high draft position.
16. Martin Sunesson
Center
Sweden
Newegen
I will keep this short even though their build with 17 Stick Checking is very intriguing. User Viktor created their player on 21.12.22 and has been online for a total of 8 minutes. There is no activity whatsoever. Inactive. 
17. Olivers Ozols
Left Wing
Latvia
Recreate
-
The first player out of the Baltic area I am reviewing here. Yet another IIHF Federation head is using the Nice. season to recreate. They also opt to create a rather balanced build with a slight offensive lean. Strongest suits are 12's at Getting Open, Puckhandling, Shooting ACC, Offensive Rad, Acceleration, Balance and Speed. Biggest weaknesses are faceoffs and fighting at 5, but that is pretty negligible. Another well rounded player and while not exciting, very moldable into whatever you seek.
Activity-wise there is nothing to complain. ALready some AC's and Rookie Taks under their belt, they seem to be committed to the player.
18. Lance Googoo
Right Wing
Canada
Newgen
Lance is opting into a more aggressive build, which I do respect. Much like User Viktor there is not much activity however with only just one AC done in 2022 and no Update Thread to be seen. Inactive.
19. Timo Lambert
Center
Germany
Recreate
Another one for my Federation. This time it is Dresden, not Berlin though (I like Dresden, beautiful city). The former Carolina Kraken narb111 opts into a offensive, supportive build with high Offensive Read and Faceoffs (where my Faceoff fetishists at?) Physicals are average at many 11's while the defnsive side is lacking into the blocking, hitting and checking categories. Expect a smart, offensive player without many defensive capabilities.
User narb111 has shown to be active and doing Survey, AC's, Intersed Prospects, Early Bird, also signing up for fantasy. Looking to be well motivated for a run with Lambert!
20. Julia Waffles
Right Wing
Finland
Newgen
Another short entry. User Edustava has last been seen on the day creating their player which was 18.12.2022. No activity has been reported since then. Inactive.
21. Derek Fitz
LeftWing
USA
Newgen
Another inactive Newgen last seen on 16.12.2022. Please contact if found.
22. Wednesday Addams
Center
USA
Recreate
Possibly, maybe, eventually inspired by a recent TV show user Yagoyi recreated into a Center and while their signature is scaring me to be honest I will review the player right now. The former Texas GM opted to go for a balanced, supportive build with good basestats at Passing, Puckhanlding Offensive Read and Faceoffs. Only glaring weakness is an atrocious Hitting value at 5. Aggression and Fighting are equally underdeveloped.
As expected from a veteran, activity is looking good with Fantasy, AC's, Early Bird, Interested Prospects already done. If your team is looking for a supportive Center you might want to look this way.
23. James Ward-Prowse
Center
Great Britain
Newgen
The first british player on my list. What we have here is another lean into the offense-build with a high value at Faceoffs, Screening, Getting Open, Puckhandling, Shooting Acc and Offensive Read (12). Ward-Prowse pretty much neglects defense with not defensive stat (expect FO) reaching the double digits.
Detrimential for their offensive capabilities also could be that they are very slow with only a 5,6 at Acceleration and Speed.
As far as I can tell user domffl is a sim veteran which bodes well for their understanding of the basic sim mechanics. Activity is looking very good with nearly everything done that can be done. If they can keep up the multitasking of different leagues I would project that we have a solid Top 10 pick on our hands with the british wonderkid.
24. Iliket Urtles
Right Wing
Norway
Recreate
Back to the scandinavians and finally an aggressive build again. We are talking about multiple 13's on the offensive side, courtesy of Getting Open (oh yeah), Puckhandling and Offensive Read. Of course for these stats to be established you have to compromise in otrher areas which is while the defensive side is underdeveloped and the physical rating are rather unimpressive. HOWEVER...Urtles build is very similar to my own which is why I will be completely unbiased and project a Top 3 pick!...yeah?....what do you mean I was drafted 22nd OA?...ah whatever.
User RedCapeDiver is a Texas veteran who definetely knows how to win cups and medals. Activity-wise they did some stuff already with Fantasy, AC's and Intersted prospects on the way. Did I mention they are an IIHF Federation Head? Did you guys all conspirate to recreate this season? Jeez...
That is all Forward Prospects done. Next up will be Defense and Goalies. Apologies if I missed someone. See explanation above if that is the case.
Constructive Criticism is greatly appreciated. 

[Image: Nevada-Froste.jpg][Image: froste.png]
Signatures by myself and Ragnar

Lot of good people here too. Sad to see some inactive :(

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Wow. That was cool. Thanks a lot!!

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]