Create Account

S69 PT #1: Surplus January 29th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Hockey Prompt

I think the NHL salary cap is one of the best systems in sports in terms of promoting league competitiveness.  When looking at the systems set up in FIFA, the MLB, and the NBA, it appears that many times the rich have such extreme advantages in fielding a strong on-field product.  In the MLB in particular, teams like the Oakland A's, Pittsburgh Pirates, and Kansas City Royals have extreme disadvantages when compared to franchises like the Mets, Dodgers, Yankees, or Red Sox.  Due to increased revenues, these larger market teams are easily able to spend over a given luxury tax amount for what appears to have a minimal effect.  Under cheap owners in smaller markets, the aforementioned teams often wield payrolls that are only around ~ 1/3 of that of the bigger market teams.  To counter this, I think the salary cap/floor system in the NHL is great because it forces smaller market teams to spend and encourages competition, and it also protects against dynasties dominating the league year-in and year-out.  By promoting this competition, the whole league is better off as a whole in terms of product quality.

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]

I think the National Hockey League's salary cap is a great feature which helps to promote parity throughout the league. With a hard cap, teams are forced to be on a somewhat even playing field and be smarter with their decisions on how they allocate money. It allows smaller market teams to fight on the same level as some of the bigger franchises, and rewards shrewd decision making over having a rich owner. Of course, as a Canucks fan sometimes I wish there was no salary cap, as we can't seem to ever learn how to use it properly. Overall, I find the NHL's hard cap as something quite unique within pro sports, as even other major leagues with salary caps, such as the NBA, have mechanisms like the luxury tax which allow big teams to spend extra to gain a competitive advantage. And the MLS has an absolute mess of a salary cap which no one can understand.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Creative prompt

With the recent success the Maine Timber have seen the place has been packed! That means a lot of money at the gate for the team and so much so that they decided they would give some to Toasty and allow him to make some changes to the player area in hopes that if some changes are made then the players morale will be great and the money will keep coming in from the fans. Toasty has decided the team needs sauna and will have that added onto the locker room for post-game come down and whatever use and he's going to use the rest of the money to buy the players essentially an unlimited supply of Mountain Dew Pitch Black because everyone knows that sugary drinks will help the team play well and we have to make sure we get as much as we can before they take it off the shelves again! Surely Maine management won't regret giving this responsibility to Toasty.

Code:
164 words

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Written Creative:
Now that the area is walkable, the first step is to upgrade the viewer experience. I immediately will invest money into upgrading seating across the board & to providing better concessions overall. That uses ~1mil of my funds. After that change, I'm going to shore up all the bathrooms & make minor sustainability upgrades, like blowdryers and efficient toilets, taking another $1mil out of my budget. Finally, I'm going to upgrade the teams' locker rooms and overall facilities, like their bathrooms. It's important to me that my teammates have the best possible experience & are excited to get in the locker room, and I believe the opposition should feel like they want better - they want to be a part of our culture. I believe that these changes will make the experience better for everyone - fans will have affordable, delicious concessions & comfortable seating while the players get to enjoy even better facilities & can associate a positive experience with our team.

The team really needs to add some stuff The team really needs to add some stuff to the locker room because right now it's just not worth it you know like we need to be tiptop the best Right now the team just doesn't do enough. Like there is so much stuff wrong with our locker room that they don't want to fix and you know we need good stuff before going to be a good team without it we're just laughing and I don't even know where the side key is on my phone so text to talk isn't working that well but yeah there's no lazy boy there's no food there's no stuff all the rest is dudes and jocks perhaps pretty lame if you ask me need to really amp up with testosterone in the room and get some good s*** going because they're saying it G this is not at my G like boys like me need to be able to have a f*** off time and there's no f*** off time and there's no f*** off time and there where's the xbox bro there's nothing there's literally nothing it upsets me but it's OK cause we just do f****** The silly salmon and jump on stuff cause that's what we do h*** yeah rider die 50 cent

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

The Philly arena is still pretty nice, as one of the not so old expansion teams that is one major benefit of being the new guys is having a fairly new arena. Mind you it has been a bit of time since the forge joined the league now, so some minor updates would be nice. The team could use some better training facilities and would opt to use all of the money in that area. The reason it will cost so much is because they have decided to build the gym with a built in ai that programs workouts for all the team and forces them to follow the most logical best work out program that it creates. The only concern is that players are not big fans of being forced into doing things one way and without the option to adapt a workout to suit them they are bound to get upset.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Hugh Manius’s three million dollar budget would not go far with his ambitious goals of improving the lockers amenities as in his opinion there were several things that could be improved. Everything could use some improvements weather is it the mildew covered shower, the water stained toilets, the torn massage tables or the crammed lockers. The management of the New Orleans Specters has not made it a priority to clean up the locker rooms facilities since the organization established itself back in season forty six. With so many things needing to be addressed Hugh figured the best way to do this is to get together with the accountants of the locker faculties upgrades were going to cost more than the budgeted three million. Although the immediate items Mr. Manius would like to get addressed is remodeling and replacing the lockers, replacing the showers and bath rooms area. After that it would be see what they can do the remaining funds.

Words 160

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

With 3 million dollars to help out the team I think the best thing to immediately do would be to include some sort of very fancy and overly elaborate coffee machine in the team locker room. Coffee is a wonderful drink that more people should be using and should be enjoying. As such, I think that creating some sort of fantastic espresso device would be a wonderful decision to include for the Nevada battleborn locker room. After that I think it would be a pretty fun idea to include some sort of dramatic slide for people to use when going from one floor to another because who doesn't like slides after all? They are just the best and having 1 in the locker room would be great for team morale. Possibly it would make it easier on people and their knees which can typically get destroyed during hockey games but we don't like to talk about that now do we

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

well, three million sounds like an excellent investment for the church of the holy e. Of course, the teams needs are the same as the needs of the greater populace - to have the team not also partake in the holy faith would be a sin, a tragedy, a loss for both the people of the city and fans of the team, let alone the actual team themselves! Truly, truly, I believe it would be truly remiss for this money to go anywhere else but in the hands of e, to that great church which has saved yet so many souls. Imagine the smiles on the faces of the fans and the players alike as we all worship the holy glyph, that sacred letter, both before, after, and even now during our great sport? Imagine the future of e in regina, atlanta, and the world beyond! Truly, it is a great year to believe.

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

With such a generous improvement budget, there’s a few really quick victories that we will introduce in the player areas to help make the product on the ice even better in Chicago. First, we are going to fully renovate the kitchen. Brand new, professional grade equipment for the team chef. Keeping all of our players fueled for game days, off day recovery and even offseason training meals is going to have an immense impact on the on ice product. Then, once renovations are complete in the kitchen, we are going to have to spend big bucks updating all of the training and rehab equipment in the gym. We are going to have brand new soaking tubs for both ice baths and post game soaks. On top of that, we’ll increase the technology that the training staff has at their disposal to improve injury recovery. For long playoff runs like we have had in Chicago for the last many seasons, these investments in the kitchen and training facilities will be a great boon for the next wave of Syndicate players.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

I have no clue what the actual NHL cap is. The only one I know is the NFL, and in my opinion is the most accurate that allows true parity in all of the major sports. Now is it perfect? By any means no, but that’s something you can easily work with in order to make it work. The allowance of backloading and front loading contracts while also adding void years are technically “work arounds” that you can use, but in all reality would not really work in the long run due to just putting money back into the future where you will still owe it.

To bring it in the SHL would be a bit much in all reality. I think the current system allows a fair amount of play and parity especially with how we don’t have compensation picks, or at least I think we don’t in this league. Definitely stick with what we have and if we need to, explore the idea.

Creative Prompt:

Okay so Ryosuke Sato has just arrived to the Calgary Dragons locker room and now he is given $3 million to redo the place? Wow management has a lot of faith in him. Okay well first of all Sato has been seeing some new fancy server robots as of late and a lot of AI technology so he begins by implementing AI and smart technology in every corner so the lights and equipment can simply show up upon request. Just imagine, you're in the showers and you get the smart assistant to turn up the heat of the shower and turn on the lights and command for the server robot to bring you your towel once you are done. Or maybe, you are skating out to the rink and you get the robot server to fetch you your stick and bring out the pucks. The possibilities are endless with the new smart upgrades! Let's just hope that $3 million dollars is enough for what Sato has in mind.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 01:43 AM by dude_man. Edited 1 time in total.)

Written Prompt: NHL Cap

I have no clue what the actual NHL cap is. The only one I know is the NFL, and in my opinion is the most accurate that allows true parity in all of the major sports. Now is it perfect? By any means no, but that’s something you can easily work with in order to make it work. The allowance of backloading and front loading contracts while also adding void years are technically “work arounds” that you can use, but in all reality would not really work in the long run due to just putting money back into the future where you will still owe it.

To bring it in the SHL would be a bit much in all reality. I think the current system allows a fair amount of play and parity especially with how we don’t have compensation picks, or at least I think we don’t in this league. Definitely stick with what we have and if we need to, explore the idea.