Create Account

S69 PT #5: Everyone's a Critic February 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Player prompt

I don't get into fights or anythign else at all. I am hardly using twitter since Elon Musk took over and wants to financialize it, so no worries about me going all out on twitter and bashing others for my bad performance. Let's be real, playing hockey is our job. We train hard to do so, and our fans expect us to go out and win. If we have a big stinker game, we deserve to get criticized. It helps noone to go out in the media and start fighting or do anything boneheaded just because we played a poor game. It is much better to continue working hard to not let a game like that happen ever again. We win as a team, we lose as a team and we need to grow stronger as a team. Using the media to bring bad feelings inside or out from us, helps noone and will always be the wrong way. I will just keep my heads up, and keep on working hard. That is what I will also tell the media, no matter how harsh the criticism against my person will be.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

Hockey Prompt:

The NHL is kind of a boring league, especially in regards to the top players and showing personality. While there are a few exceptions to this, such as Brad Marchand, who is one of the most entertaining sports figures to follow on twitter, most guys have very little social media presence outside of team sanctioned stuff. I follow a lot of NHL players on twitter and very rarely see anything from ninety nine percent of them. In comparison, every day I see some NBA star get on twitter and start shit talking other teams or other players, it's really entertaining to see all that stuff as someone who is not too into basketball. Stuff like that is great for engagement with the league and I wish it would happen in the NHL more often. It would help to grow the game, which would be very nice since hockey is definitely fallen behind in some of the other sports, thankfully baseball is dying so we dont fall out of the top 4 sports.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

[Image: cb-instagram-post.png]

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

PBE

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Hockey prompt:

While part of me would love to see NHL players with personality who speak their mind, another part of me thinks that it would make me stop watching. The reason for this is because, as we've seen time and time again, many of the players in the NHL are not good people, and when it comes out that they aren't good people, the league doesn't seem to care if they're talented enough hockey players. Like many others with similar worldviews to mine, I have a complicated relationship with hockey where I love the sport and find it extremely entertaining, but the culture around it sometimes makes me not want to tell people I'm a fan. The part of me that thinks that NHL players who show who they really are would make me stop watching doesn't want to know how many of the players I cheer for and idolized as a kid are just spoiled rich kid hockey bros who have never grown up, no matter how entertaining it would be to see Brad Marchand chirping fans on Twitter every night.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

Hai Nam Hoang treats losses with the importance that is expected, and that's about it. If something needs to be said to the press, he'll politely let the media know they "need to do better" and that they'll "look for solutions as we move forward", but that will be all the words anyone will get. After that, he and Loosh will likely go to one of many Great Falls pubs, and he will listen to the gripes of his teammate and roommate, and then they will head back to their apartment downtown, and Hoang will take a long shower and go to bed. Losses don't phase him, but they do worry him as it relates to his teammates. If words need to be said, he will say them, but if someone else is the voice in the locker room, as many are in Great Falls, he will content himself by being the rational quiet type.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

Player prompt:

Some SHL players choose to ignore negative attention and avoid engaging with it, while others may respond to criticism through social media or other public forums. That is the great thing about the SHL, players were very active on twitter, or through media posts. Everyone had their own outlet on how they wanted to deal with the negative information. In some cases, athletes may try to prove their critics wrong by performing well on the ice. Personally for me, if I have negative feedback from a report I just block them out. They get paid to write about us, we are their income. If we don't answer their questions, then they have no content, no content means no work, no work means no money. If they want a job, they need to know how to engage with players. Hit pieces do not add any value. Ultimately at the end of the day I will be enjoy some hot fried chicken tenders and they will be at their desk writing.

170 words

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Player Prompt

This subject, was one of the most surprising thing for Lund when he left Norway to come play in America. Peoples and journalist are ready to do anything to get under your skin, and make you lose your cool to have a good story to put in their media. In his first season, Lund was very emotional during his interview, he was always putting on a tantrum everytime a journalist asked him questions about his poor performance, he was also going all caps rage to people talking about him on social media. Now after getting some training and understanding more how social media work, Lund is way calmer during his interview. He know when he had a bad game, and can aknowledge when a journalist is in the right, also he refuse to answer question that he know can strike a bad reaction from him, preventing that said reaction. In conclusion, he has become a perfect answering robot with no emotion.

161 words

[Image: hvYVofB.png]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Hockey's social media culture is fine. Most players aren't particularly active on social media, but that is fine. They have the choice to share what they want from their personal lives, and as someone who does not have much of a social media presence, I think that is the wise move. Especially for public facing people like athletes, social media just opens the door to receive loads of toxicity and criticism. Of course, social media can be a good way to connect with fans, but I think the negativity far outweighs the positivity. Of course, there are some player who love social media, and I think it does help grow the game, but the league does not need to force or incentivize their players, especially their stars, to be more active online. The NHL's lack of superstar culture compared to other sports is rooted in the fact the hockey is much more of a team game where one player cannot have the same impact compared to other sports.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2023, 08:03 PM by Leoben.)

Player Prompt

Negativity and criticism are to be expected when you play any sport or do anything in the public eye. It can be an incredible chore just to try and stay focused on your job. It's easy to chirp back but that just gives them what they want most of the time, attention. You're acknowledging them, and sometimes they have never been in your position. They of course have the right to their opinion but that's all it is, an opinion. They have a job to do just like me so I respect that, but that doesn't mean I have to buy in or agree with what they're saying. If it's a civil discourse and constructive, I'll listen and engage. But if it's just mindless chirping, it's usually not worth my time and I'll go about my day trying to improve. I play for Vancouver and things are pretty trying right now so if we let that criticism get to us, it would be detrimental.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

My palyer deals with the critic the only way he can, by outcritiquing them on twitter. It's all guns blazing and Angus will lash out at every typographical mistake they made on their twitter posts, highlighting every single one of them until they are crushed. If it comes to it, he will make comments about their physical appearance. Then if it doesn't work, he will tell them they can't play hockey and that they have no skill, or are much less skilled than him. This is called the Marchand Manoeuver in the circles. It will last a few hours after the game. Once the fury is gone, he will delete everything, including his twitter account. Can't let rage take the best of you in this world. Deleting tweets from the internet is the best way to make sure nothing from the past ever comes blowing up in your face in the future. everyone knows this. If his teamates talk him down from raging at the internet critiques, maybe he would lash out at them isntead. But they don't, they enjoy the show while it lasts, @Leppish eating popcorn and saying this is much better than friends rewatch!!!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I cant deal with this kind of drama and negativity in my life. If the local media wants to make me out as the bad guy im not going to sit here and let them. I'm gonna go watch their film history, learn their short comings and then make the most fire diss track that anyone has ever heard. It will be an eminem level track that should shut the local media right up. I imagine that the kind of attention that comes with a hit song from a star player will be fine with management so there wont be any hard feelings from the team or the front office. But I'll also give the local media a chance to apologize to myself and the team for the disrespect before I release it. At the end of the day they have their opinions and i have mine but if they want to share theirs they should be afraid i'll share mine right back.

[Image: f7.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

The choice to remain positive in the face of criticism is important, but it's also necessary to avoid engaging with the negativity. This can be difficult, as it might be tempting to refute criticism with a witty remark or defend oneself against insults. However, engaging with this negativity will only worsen the problem, as it gives the haters more ammunition to continue their attacks. Instead, focusing on the positive aspects of the situation and on perfecting their own performance will help players stay focused and prevent them from getting derailed by their detractors. This attitude can also go a long way in helping young players learn how to deal with criticism. Seeing a professional athlete refusing to get embroiled in a back-and-forth with negative comments can be a positive example for younger players and help them learn how to handle criticism constructively. Additionally, it can help them gain confidence in their own skills and abilities, as well as gain an understanding of how to stay motivated in the face of adversity.

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]