Create Account

S69 Championship Week Due: March 12th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Hug

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
Last season I loved the anthropormorphic boats vs. bulls question because people came up with some really fun answers to read, so I'm going to ask it again with the Forge and the Aurora, even though these teams' have less concrete branding. Tell me who wins in a fight: an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light, or a massive magma monster with a giant hammer. The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

Management: Okay I understand that the overseers of player development make some strange asks on occasion and especially of you given your unique talents, however that does not explain how you went about bringing two deities into one of our hockey arenas to participate in a no holds barred fight as a show during intermissions.

Agent Tesla: Well I polled a few people around the league based on the prompt I was given to get an idea of how people would interpret those creatures specifically, and then once I had a solid idea in mind I gathered up mana from the various realities I have traveled to and conquered to manifest them into reality. I did make sure to put up a barrier beforehand though so that they would not cause any collateral damage.

Management: See that is where we have the problem as your barrier did not include the ice rink itself. Which for some would not be a problem, but when one of the fighters is a magma monster it seems like an unfair thing to do.

Agent Tesla: Well I did undo the damage, but given how few good fights our league sees I figured a fight on the ice was one the fans would enjoy. Admittedly it did give Rainbear an advantage over Forgma, but I think Forgma still put up a good fight all things considered. The advantage of the reach provided by his heavenly hammer let him put up a good fight against the claws of Rainbear.

Management: So was it the icy arena that gave Rainbear the win, or do you think it was something else?

Agent Tesla: Well if you know your Dungeons and Dragons then you would know that color spray is a superb low level spell and that prismatic spray is a similar fun high level spell. Given Rainbear can cast the former at will and the latter every twelve seconds to minute it made for a difficult fight for Forgma given their low resistance to magic. Combine that with their similar weight classes, overall melee combat skill, and regenerative prowess and the fight tilts comfortably in their favor. That said in a more neutral arena I admit it would only go Rainbear's way seven times out of ten at best, and probably closer to fifty-five times out of a hundred.

Management: I did not think I would need my D&D knowledge on this job.

Agent Tesla: Never know when something is going to help you out!

Code:
Word Count: 417

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.

Dave Heinrich's Season
Assisting The Syndicate
Saw Superb Success

Code:
Word Count: 9 Syllable Count: 17

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

3 Milestones

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Water Logged (150 words min.)
The ocean wants a voice! If you had to make an IIHF hockey team out of ocean critters, which ones would be the best for a hockey team and why? Build your team with the intent to win! You aren't just there for fun! I want a tactical analysis of the ice hockey ability of sea creatures!

Okay if I am reading this properly I get to use multiple critters rather than just one species and so I actually do have a fighting chance to fill all four roles successfully. I am also going to take this most open interpretation of ocean creatures that I can so as to give myself the best odds of a successful team as a narrow definition puts me at a sever disadvantage given the fact that they will be playing on ice and not in water. Also in an attempt to make things more interesting I am only going to allow myself to use a specific species once per the four roles of center, forward, defense, and goalkeeper. That said I am still going to give it my best shot all things considered as I do love the prompt.

Goalkeeper: Walrus. This one is the easiest as there is a commercial that depicts a massive walrus as an indomitable wall of a goalkeeper. Their ability to help the team outside of just being a defensive wall is basically nonexistent, but I will take an unstoppable wall of defense in this position. Also if you are curious a walrus is a marine mammal which I do believe qualifies it as an ocean creature.

Defenders: Sea lions. Another marine mammal and ultimately in this spot I considered both the seal and Sea Lion, but apparently sea lions are more dexterous on land which I think will translate well to the ice. Also they are apparently the more social of the two creatures so we will go with them to hopefully maneuver the puck out of the hands of our walrus goalkeeper.

Forwards: Polar bears. These are the reason I ultimately decided against allowing myself to pick just one creature for all the roles as they are a marine mammal, but are also by far the most dominant of the options available to me. If they decide to get into a fight they might be in the penalty box for a few minutes, but the opposition is going to be in the morgue. Meanwhile if they manage to stick to the rules proper the strength of their swings is going to mean the puck is rocketing in whichever direction they aimed.

Center: Otter. This one is a big gamble, but I know otters have fairly decent dexterity to try to win a puck contest. What I am banking on more though is the cute factor in the hopes that they will lull their opponent into a false sense of security to sneak the puck away to give the polar bear forwards a chance to score.

Thank you for your time!

Code:
Word Count: 446

Code:
20. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Seige Engine (150 words min.)
We all know what a seige engine is, and we all have a favourite one! If you had to design a seige engine based on your team's branding, what would it be? What would that seige weapon do? What would it look like? What are its advantages? As a graphic option, you can depict what it would look like in action!

Agent Tesla: We all know that the trebuchet is the superior siege engine of the olden day, but in these modern times when the fortress you are seeking to conquer is more likely to be a skyscraper than a castle you need to update your designs. Thus I present to you the Syndicate Super Siege System 7000!

Press: That looks like a trebuchet with seats attached to the legs where a bunch of guys holding Tommy Guns are just sitting menacingly. Did you really just take the trebuchet and add a bunch of people with Tommy Guns to it?

Agent Tesla: Yes! That is at least the case for the Syndicate Super Siege System 6000, but the Syndicate Super Siege System 7000 adds an additional feature that you will have to look a bit closer to see properly. If we could just zoom in on what is set to be launched.

Press: Is...is that a giant Bakugan?

Agent Tesla: Well spotted! It is in fact a custom made Bakugan that transforms into a giant Tommy Gun and flamethrower wielding humanoid. That is what separates the Syndicate Super Siege System 7000 from the rest of the pack!

Press: What are you charging for this siege engine?

Agent Tesla: That is the best part and so I am glad you asked! We are donating one of these to every city in the country in return for getting back all of the costs and then some in taxes. Turns out the flamethrower portion makes them count as winter preparedness devices.

Code:
Word Count: 257
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 07:23 PM by JSS331. Edited 2 times in total.)

+3 TPE - Milestones
Trivia word - Grit +3 TPE
PBE Claim +3 (9/16 Total)
a. Both are very impressive for their own reasons but I think a full scale rebuild is the more impressive of the two.  When you're an expansion team, you really have no choice but to build up slowly but when you are an established franchise, it is a difficult decision to make to commit to a full tear down and rebuild.  Seeing your team lose year after year while you acquire solid high end draft picks is a grind, especially when it takes 10 seasons.  It clearly paid off with a run to the finals though.
b. I think in this situation you need to shut down the assist guy and make the shooters on the team do something they aren't comfortable doing which is create for themselves.  It won't be easy but that is easier than trying to shut down multiple other players if you go after the goal scorers.  Should be very interesting.
c.  It seems like BASE PACK is comfortable facing a lot of shots.  I would think that most goalies like getting steady work so they do not get rusty.  In this case, it seems that peppering the goalie isn't the answer but rather they need to look for higher percentage scoring opportunities to make those shots count.
d.  In this series I have to lean towards Philadelphia despite the fact that Winnipeg has the higher point total from the season.  Their roster construction is suited to winning this in a tough one but it would not surprise me at all if I was wrong here and Winnipeg dominated the series.  Philly has the hot goalie going into this which is usually a good sign.
+4 TPE (13/16 total)

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

key

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?

I think a full scale teardown is more impressive. This might just be coincidence, but all the expansion teams since I joined the league in S55 except MTL have won a four star or challenge cup, with MTL having recently reached their prime and will be in contention for a few more seasons to come. Other teams have rebuilt from the ground up and still haven't gotten close, so rebuilding from the ground up seems more impressive.

Code:
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?

To stop WPG's goal scoring, you definitely have to cover Rashford and the passing lanes. Some players have the ability to create goals from any opportunity and make it incredibly easy for other players to score. As long as the goalie has a clear line of sight to the shooter then they can make a save, but if the puck comes from a pass, the goalie might not have time to react.

Code:
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?

There could be a thousand different reasons as to why a goalie has faced so many shots and made a lot of saves. They could be on a hot streak and in the zone, or they could just be facing a ton of easy shots. WPG just has to keep playing their game and put as many high quality shots on net as they can.

Code:
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

I think WPG is long overdue for their victory. They've been at the top of the league for a few seasons now and just haven't found that final bit of success in the playoffs. PHI hadn't even won a playoff series before this point so a full run to the cup would be a huge feat, one that won't be easy to complete against a strong WPG team

Code:

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3331050

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Commemorative Puck
Your fans want a keepsake! Design a puck that commemorates your teams' season 69! Include a slogan that encompasses how it went.

https://i.imgur.com/QE9a71r.jpg

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, Memeing Like It's 2008
Make a mid-2000's style advice animal meme that describes your teams' season results. I really can't get any more specific than that. This one's pretty loose. Also don't try to sneak in some new meme format. I'll know.

https://imgflip.com/i/7dbl7y

Code:
22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.)
I've asked this before, but since it may be my final time writing CW, I wanted to ask it again. It was one of my favourite questions to read responses to. Tell me something that happened recently that you enjoyed, something that brings you happiness, or something you have hope for in the future. It could be a huge thing like buying a house or a small thing like having fun with your lockerroom this season. I just want to give you a chance to write down something positive.

The most positive thing for me recently was completing my undergraduate degree and having a relatively short job search. After spending my entire life in school with a few years worth of road bumps along the way, it's nice to finally be done and have a job that pays me much better than anything else I've had in the past. I can finally start thinking about what I want my life to look like as an adult rather than scheduling everything around completing school. I'm hoping that the freedom of having my own stable, full-time income will help shape my life in ways that were not possible up until this point.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 05:22 PM by Count Chocula. Edited 10 times in total.)

Code:
Evil

Code:
+3 TPE Milestones

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?
a. To me the development from an expansion team will always be the most impressive. Coming from an expansion draft, you don’t always get the players that are the most desirable. Sometimes, you just have to take what you can get. Then from there, you have to be able to turn those players into other assets or help them develop into stars. Expansion teams have to make assets out of nothing as opposed to a team who may have aging stars they can deal for draft picks. W:86

b. The only way to really shut down Mikko Rashford is to try and win every single faceoff and never lose the puck. If you double up on him, he's just gonna make two defenders look silly at the same time. If you take away passing lanes and force him to shoot, he's just gonna have 20 goals instead. So the only real option is to make sure he never has a chance to be near the puck. W:77

c. BASE PACK is an unstoppable force in the net. You cannot tire out a goalie who literally is just made of a deck of cards. He does not sleep or eat, his stamina is infinite. Your odds of hoping to break the damn are about as low as plucking a Hall of Fame card from his packaging. Your only hope is to try and be nice and if he is feeling merciful to allow you to have some satisfaction of drawing a ruby. W:83

d. If I had to make a prediction as to how this series would go, I would say Philly wins it in 5. They have league mega star and heart throb Evil AllBrand leading the way. AllBran is a natural born leader and genuinely terrific person. Then if that wasn’t enough, they have BASE PACK between the pipes. BASE is the most chill goalie in the league and when he’s on a roll he’s unbeatable. W: 74

Code:
Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you?
This IIHF tournament is going to be something a little more special than usual for me. With recent events, I am now somehow the CoFederation Head of France. It has been nearly 30 seasons since I managed a team, that being Norway. I had some success in the past being with a smaller nation, however that was during the STHS era. However, thanks to Fuzz and his management we have been able to get a fantastic team put together in just our first tournament. In the tournament warm up games, we went 5-2 which was good enough to finish best in our bracket. Our team will be lead by some key veterans such as Miguel Hefeweizen, Duncan Mackenzie, and Theo Kondos. All of these players have had fantastic careers already and will help usher in the era of French hockey. Not only do we have a competitive team now, but there are also dozens of top tier prospective talents waiting in the wings to join the team in the future. I think France has a real shot at getting a medal in our first season, if not going all the way and taking the Gold home. W: 196

Code:
Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
Write about a time you didn't make the playoffs, and what you did to take your mind off it! Did you expect to miss the playoffs when it happened? Was it a shock? How did you take it? If you've never been on a team that missed the playoffs, tell me about an early exit you made instead.

I feel like everytime my team has missed the playoffs it was mostly expected. Generally going into the season you have a confident view on if you can compete or not. I feel like it's more so of will you win the division or how high of a draft pick will you get. The current sim engine isn’t much for randomness which makes predictions easy. In terms of taking my mind off of it though, copious amounts of alcohol help for sure. If I know that my team is destined from the beginning I just start binge drinking when preseason is over. It helps to make the season more of a blur and I won't remember much from it. Thankfully I've been in Newfoundland a lot so my liver is still in good condition. However, moving up in a couple of seasons to the Blizzard has me worried, since our General Manager is HHFO. I have a feeling my liver will get destroyed very soon. W:165

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 06:37 PM by awils13. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:

awils

Code:

a. It feels like it's more difficult to get to the top than to stay there and many teams have tried to rebuild and never reached the finals, so both ways are equally impressive. But if I had to pick one then probably the expansion draft, because usually an expansion team is good enough to make the playoffs but far from a real contender, and it takes some good GMing to get there
b. Rashford is a great playmaker who can score when needed but they're always looking to pass and set up a teammate for a great chance, if you look at stats Rashford isn't a volume shooter and has an average shooting percentage, so it's probably a good idea to try to block passing lanes.
c. Base pack is facing around 32-33 shots a game which is about league average so even with a more dense schedule in the playoffs, I don't think fatigue will be an issue, especially considering that Base pack is a young goalie. You need your goalie to get hot at the right time in order to win it all, and I think that is the case here
d. I'm writing this after the series has ended so I know that Philadephia won by a gentleman sweep which is kind of surprising as these teams were indeed very close on paper, if you look at regular season stats these 2 teams were in the top 3 in shots for and shots against

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3331138

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.

More hockey seasons
Cannot wait to retire
But we go again

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you?

I don't think anyone was surprised to see Sweden and Finland in the gold medal game last season because both teams have been good for a while. I was surprised that Canada didn't make it out of the group for the first time in forever but hoping for a better outcome this time around. Our roster is looking quite nice, a lot of players in the prime of their careers and some good young players made the team recently, almost everyone is over 1 thousand tpe I think, including the goalie. We've always had good skaters, even the last few seasons when we were in a semi-rebuild, but Dionne is our first max earning goalie since Eller like 15 seasons ago, I think? It would be nice to win this season and feels like this team is good enough to win, but I could also see it take a bit more time as our roster continues to improve

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 11:21 PM by .simo. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones. +3

Trivia PW: Dino

[Image: hopoate.png]

S69 Milestones - 3 TPE

PT pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

one cw trivia three tpe

yepforgechamps

two grab bag four tpe

a yep ok so theres no question that the more impressive build has been philly first of all the management squad is number one and are so many levels of under appreciated by all the goofy ass people in this goofy ass league that its embarrassing that this is a question ima take a number and see you on my next shift ya goof

b yep ok so the answer is that you target all of them with a few greasy elbows and really grind into those no airport having goofs and make them omega frustrated with themselves cause all it takes is one bad shift and these new age zoomer wingers just implode mentally into oblivion that not even the lord can save them from nor can he from my big american elbows

c yep ok first of all his name isnt base pack its either bade pack or my new favorite based pack cause he truly is based as all hell with his no tpe havin ass dominating these try hard kids like its nothing kid stacks wins like he stacks the pads id bet winnipeg do be shiddin hard looking for a weakness and the truth is he aint got one cause he learned from scoochie the man with every single weakness one can name

d ya ok so obviously philly wins just due to the overall sheer mass of the lads if you knew what was going on in this meat locker of a locker room youd be crazy to bet against us and the beef train that awaits anyone we werent even training for hockey cause we had that in the bag we actually spent the finals practicing for our ascension into the rugby universe

word totals for you goofs
a has sixty three
b has sixty nine nice
c has eighty three wow look at the effort
d has seventy one

three chemistry lesson three tpe

ya ok so first of all get your english punctuation skills right its linemate not linemates like a bunch of weird bros ok its just me and my one super giga bro d partner buddy boy alright ok so my line mate partner in crime is usually the bench cause our ass of a coach ass man himself just knows exactly when to bring out the big bazooka that is me but when im actually allowed to chop some ice you know im out there with big tony the agitator boy which is my kind of guy gettin out there grindin meat and gettin them snowflakes all riled up cause as we all know if youre the first guy to punch a guy in the face youre ok but if you retaliate you go to the box so thats some pretty easy maths my florida ass can understand so just get in there and wash some faces and boom ya got a four on four and some chill time with your best friend the bench

one hundred and seventy five words

seven milestones three tpe

ya ok cancel milestones in one of my better seasons ya goofs anyways plus three tpe get dunked

link

twenty seige engine three tpe

ya ok so first of all you know that if anyone in this goofy ass league knows how to get medieval with some of our casual murderings you know that its going to be someone from philly and second of all you know that its gonna have something to do with some hot ass heckin metal and im pretty sure actual castle people did this once upon a time where they would pour buckets of all kinds of hot nasty stuff over the walls during a seige so anyways what our seige weapon would look like is the goofiest looking cauldron that almost looks like a cannon from super mario but it would be hoisted on some kind of a rig where we could fill it and pour it in any direction around our ice rink in the event of an invasion and it would have some cute tiny wheels to wheely deely itself around like the mobile hot syrup pourer it is

one hundred and sixty three words
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 05:40 AM by Samsung virtual assistant. Edited 1 time in total.)

PHP Code:
1. CW TRIVIA 

verification word: Formx

Code:
Grab Bag

a. I think that Winnipegs building is more impressive. Expansion teams gets gifted a team by literally stealing players from every other team. Therefore a team like Winnipeg had players stolen from them as well as going through a full blown rebuild. Don't come at me, that is the end of it. Winnipeg it is. (54)
b. Rashford is a beast, i've watched this dude since juniors and i'm a big fan. I think you have to cover his teammates over him, or else he'll thread the needle to get the puck to them. Then again he's not a terrible scorer either, so he might just as well score instead. (53)
c. I think that Base Pack is having an incredible season, i don't think that trying to wear them down would accomplish much as goalie stamina doesn't seem to be a thing in these kinds of games, at least not on this level. I simply think that you have to do some incredible plays to get the puck behind them. (59)

Code:
7. Milestones

+3 TPE - Milestones

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights

Berserkers the best
Lost to owls in the semis
Still best friends though eh?

Code:
[Image: 7e6pvd.jpg]

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Water Logged (150 words min.)

In goal you would obviously choose a blue whale. What else? They'd just smash themself up against the goal and nothing could go in. I guess any of the larger creatures in the ocean could fill up the net but nothing is as big as the blue whale.

As defenders i would probably but a white shark and a colossal squid. The white shark is huge and skronk and would probably be quick to attack anyone coming into the zone. His defensive partner the colossal squid is also huge and has 8 arms to obstruct the view of the incoming attacker. However the squid might get called for holding a little too often im afraid. I'm still picking it though.

As attackers i would go as follows:

Sailfish. One of the absolute fastest creatures in the ocean reaching speeds up to 68 miles per hour. Try catching that one! Speedster for sure.
Orca. Orcas might not be the fastest, but they're known to work well in teams and their 54 miles per hour is nothing to joke at. They also have insane stamina. Classic Power Forward.
Bottlenose dolphin. Dolphins are crazy smort eh, the dolphin would obviously be the playmaking center.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 06:34 AM by Chris-McZehrl. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Kopitar

7. S69 Milestones Link

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max

banked

3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.) – 199 words

Season 69 involved a lot of experimentation in Carolina, which pushed Marton out of his comfort zone a good bit. When looking at the team setup, it was decided to play him at Center right than his typical position on the wing. From a stats perspective, it gave him the opportunity to finish second on the team in faceoff percentage and third in goals, though it largely put him in more of a playmaking role for his teammates. Throughout the season and playoffs, he was lined up with the fastest skaters on the team: Raiya Rabinov, Johnny Wagner-Svenson, and Kyle Murray. This consistently stretched Marton’s footwork and could leave him feeling a bit less-than. But the attitude of his linemates was always positive and they consistently supported Marton, encouraging him to keep growing his game. He finished the season leading the team in both Corsi & and Fenwick %, numbers that remind him that he helps his team even when he doesn’t feel like he’s having a big impact. Both Raiya and Kyle are heading up to the SHL after this season, and Marton will miss them even if he struggled to fully gel with them on the ice.

+3 TPE - S69 Milestones

17. Written, 3 TPE, Water Logged (150 words min.) – 191 words

The initial problem with many sea creatures is, of course, their general lack of feet. I have two feet and still can’t skate to save my life, so I’m not looking for a dolphin or clownfish to strap on the CCMs. Thus, the obvious first pick is penguins, the big Emperor ones. Yes they’re ocean creatures, these dudes swim around all the time to get food; BUT they’re also really good at moving around on the ice. They don’t even need skates, but it might make them a little bit faster. So that covers our defense, but we need some creativity up front which can only mean one thing: otters. Sea otters can reach around five feet long, which is practically a Cole Caulfield. They’re squirmy and they’re smart, so put ‘em up top. If we’re all putting octopuses in net, I’m at least gong for the weirdest one I can find: the seven-arm octopus. One of the largest octopus species it does actually have all eight arms, but it looks like it doesn’t, keeping one curled up for making surprise saves just when you think you finally have it beat!

20. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Siege Engine (150 words min.) – 159 words

How many legs does a Kraken have – six like squid or eight like an octopus? Doesn’t matter, let’s make it 10! And this rolling monstrosity packs a wallop, with a useful mix of siege weapons. Two tentacles in the front function as siege hooks, swing over the top of a wall to knock aside archers and pull down stones. Two more have built in ladders to prop against the wall for our big bruisers to make an assault. And the other six are different sizes of catapult aimed in different directions, launching stones and whatever else we can find all over the enemy’s fortifications. Looming in the center of all this chaos is the head of the Kraken, where two skilled drivers sit side by side to maneuver this agent of destructive chaos. Naturally, the giant Kraken eyes serve as the windows for these two maniacs (who I assume are @sve7en and @itsfrenchie) to survey the battlefield before them.

22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.) – 102 words

Folks in my locker rooms already know, but we had our first baby at the end of 2022. I was a little bit MIA during S69 because, you know, babies require a lot of attention, especially at first. Without the usual blather about how “having kids changes your life,” it obviously does, both good and bad. She’s a great baby but she’s also super difficult at times. It’s crazy to have this person who is just a bundle of unknowns. It’s possible she will share roughly zero of my interests, but I’m looking forward to sharing them with her and finding out!

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

Code:
Verification word: q

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3331334

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 10:14 PM by G2019. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Code:
Verification Word: Sconnie

[b]Code:

[/b]
Code:

Milestones Post +3

[b]Code:

[/b]
Code:
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?
A) I have to say that what Winnipeg has done has been pretty incredible. To go full tank, make an insane number of trades to get the quality users they have, and have it work out in the end, is wild. I remember they were at a point a few seasons ago where they had a ton of picks and no roster or cap space to use them. An insane build, and props to Rashford and Ace for it.

B) I'm definitely doubling Rash. The man is absolutely electric, and he's the heartbeat of that Winnipeg squad. His player is so well-rounded and he can beat you in so many different ways, that I'd take my chances with others making plays, rather than let him operate like he wants to. If we get beat by someone else, then hats off to them.

C) Hockey is a crazy game, and I would definitely advocate for peppering BASE with shots. Even in the form he's in, you never know when you'll be able to get one past him. Plus, big brain mode: you can't score if you don't shoot! Even if he makes some terrific saves, which he likely will, you can hope he is unable to cover up on some of them and hopefully score on the rebound.

D) Winnipeg got absolutely robbed. FHM8 has many flaws, and this seems to be one of them. While I certainly don't advocate for the same team to win time and time again or for upsets not to happen, PHI took a 1st round exit before the resim, so this is really tough for Winnipeg to swallow. They have done such a great job building the best roster in the league, and it sucks for them to come up short against a team they were much better than.
(4 TPE)

[b]Code:

[/b]
Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Montreal was good
But cup dreams were dashed by sim
Fuck FHM8

[b]Code:[/b]

Code:
Make a mid-2000's style advice animal meme that describes your teams' season results. I really can't get any more specific than that. This one's pretty loose. Also don't try to sneak in some new meme format. I'll know.
[Image: 7e9a98.jpg]

[b]Code:[/b]

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Water Logged (150 words min.)
The ocean wants a voice! If you had to make an IIHF hockey team out of ocean critters, which ones would be the best for a hockey team and why? Build your team with the intent to win! You aren't just there for fun! I want a tactical analysis of the ice hockey ability of sea creatures!
Man, ocean creatures could make an insane hockey team. Starting from the back, the netminder, gotta be a Giant Squid. All those tentacles would do wonders at stopping pucks from flying into the net, nevermind that the enormous creature could cover the net standing (or swimming) still.

At left defenseman, gimme a Blue-ringed Octopus. While the eight limbed creature does have an advantage in dexterity and the ability to swipe the puck away and cover multiple shooting and passing lanes at once, the real weapon is the venom. Blue-ringed Octopus are ridiculously venomous, and would pretty instantaneously kill almost anything the opposing team could send its way.

At right defenseman, we'll go with the king of the ocean, the Great White Shark. An incredible display of speed and strength, this animal would destroy anything in its path and wouldn't back down from a fight.

Now the really fun stuff, the attackers! Leading the line at center, is the Sailfish. The fastest animal in the ocean, Sailfish can swim up to 90 miles per hour. With that kind of speed and the ability to turn on a dime, no defense could hold them, and no goalie could stop them.

At left wing, gimme the Dolphin. Dolphins are incredibly smart creatures who are known for their ability to communicate. That kind of team talk would do wonders for team chemistry (not to mention the mad trash talk Dolphin could spit).

Finally, at right wing, is the Manta Ray. Manta Ray are huge, with wingspans of up to 30 feet from wing tip to wing tip. They have great speed, and it just seems like you'd see a Ray gliding down the ice...majestic, elegant, and scary as hell. Look out, opposition!

[Image: CnPenxE.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 12:11 PM by Thunfish. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Portimonense

6. i once again try
but things fail to reach their goal
blame our luck, goddamn

7. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3331425 +3

15. I don't really have any expectations towards the IIHF besides us doing our best and trying not to be at the bottom of the group. That's not really a knock on us or the competition itself, it's just that I'm rather knackered and looking toward the end of the line so to speak. I like the new logo we got, though I imagine that's something we borrowed from the actual team. Kind of sucks I didn't have the idea to make the Ireland logo I did back in the day have the colour of navy as well, perfect match... probably didn't do it because I think that navy's more of a Northern Ireland colour.

Do genuinely know that Ireland is in a bit of flux for the upcoming season so we're looking towards making a decent impression for those coming on the wings.

21. Now that's something I've been thinking about since in my spare time, I went back to playing FHM 8 on a Brazilian save. Nothing very fancy (one major league, a farm league and three junior tournaments) but the fact that the devs apparently fixed the Brazilian name set made it a bit fun to mess around and run a dynasty. In my canon, the league I'm playing is actually a street hockey league since it'd be too expensive to run a proper ice hockey league in a tropical country like Brazil so I suppose I'd try to make street hockey a thing in my homeland. I doubt it'd be this highly profitable endeavour but it could make for a fun time. Get some washed-out celebs, people who play other sports and have it be like a vacation thing in the middle of the year, I guess.

22. Truth be told, I've had a rough time lately thanks to stuff at home (my dad getting roped into data plan shenanigans meaning we had to scramble over cable), the fact I got an exam to take in order to work as an accountant properly (really hard but somewhat fun when it comes to figuring out the logical affairs in hand) and then the big one, my grandmother's health. To those who don't know, my family from my mother's side has a recurrent problem with diabetes. My great-grandpa passed away recently over complications from both Covid and diabetes while my grandmother's life has been on the line due to that and refusing to take medication... until her heart gave out. Thankfully, she's strapped to equipment now and they're slowly figuring out how to heal her but that meant having to rush mom's trip up north so she could either give her support or say her farewells.

I'm proud of myself for continuing with things as normally as I can but it's been tough.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR