Create Account

S69 Championship Week Due: March 12th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 02:15 PM by Froste39. Edited 1 time in total.)

HO CW Pass (J Intern)

[Image: Nevada-Froste.jpg][Image: froste.png]
Signatures by myself and Ragnar

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 04:14 PM by ZootTX. Edited 5 times in total.)

3 TPE, Affiliate claim
PBE affiliate

1. 3 TPE, CW trivia
Word: lights

6. 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights (5 words min.)
Miguel score many goals
Skated around the rink a lot
Made the league final

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
+3 TPE - Milestones

8. 3 TPE, Commemorative Puck
[Image: svSD3RH.png]

11. 3 TPE, Oscar Nomination
[Image: ZsAVRri.png]

+16 TPE total

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 11:24 AM by Andy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trivia:

Meowcats

3. Chemistry definitely made a huge difference this year for my line on the Maine timber. My line was Pawter Meowski (myself), Cale Salad, and Barefoot sugars. Combined the three of us totaled for 266 points. Of those 266 we totaled for 120 goals. To be able to score 120 goals is just amazing and that our line alone almost scored 2 goals per game together. On the power play we made a bit of a change changing sugars for M T Dragon. Dragon also had an amazing season totaling 54 points. If you want to couple him in with the top three scorers, we totaled for over 300 points. I think what made our chemistry so strong was definitely some of the roles that were used. Meowski being a dangler definitely set up scoring opportunities that really effect Salad. Salad was able to set the single season Maine record while Meowski was able to tie the career record for points in a timber uniform. They were an awesome line that made a lot of noise but unfortunately was not able to steal away the game 7 to move on to the four star cup this season. I wish the Maine players the best of luck next season.

4. The last time that I did not make the playoffs was back when I Was a CO GM of Minny. AT the time we were in a rebuild mode with having multiple GM's who were not very good that floundered around during their time in Minnesota. There was no draft capital, an inactive locker room and just no one that wanted to be there. When we didn't make the playoffs it was understood and helpful to an extent because we could then focus more on the draft and scouting. We talked a lot about who we liked because our core base of players were send downs. So our send downs would talk about the people that we each liked in our respective locker room. It made a huge difference come draft time because we were ready to go in the draft. It also made the post playoffs draft time a lot easier because there was less scouting to do during the scouting rush. During that time as well I would cheer for my friends who were in the playoffs and want them to succeed as well. I usually would take a few days away from SHL to kind of regear as well. Also when we weren't making the playoffs in the SHL, I usually had my player in the juniors at that point so I had those playoffs to follow. I have been very fortunate in my SHL to career to mainly be in the playoffs hence most of my players impressive playoff stats.

Milestones

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

GM Pass

Foil Up Boys

J GM CW pass

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

HO CW Pass (J Intern)

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

SMJHL GM CW Pass

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

CW Pass

[Image: hallsy.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 04:57 PM by Kyamprac. Edited 6 times in total.)

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE!

ISFL Affiliate

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: hoot

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
Last season I loved the anthropormorphic boats vs. bulls question because people came up with some really fun answers to read, so I'm going to ask it again with the Forge and the Aurora, even though these teams' have less concrete branding. Tell me who wins in a fight: an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light, or a massive magma monster with a giant hammer. The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

I don't even really know where to start with this. In what world does a giant polar bear take on a bowl of lava? I mean I know you said this is gonna be a massive magma monster with a giant hammer and all but let's be honest - that's not the team branding. That said I guess the bowl of lava still stands a chance against a polar bear considering it can melt the ice they're standing on and could maybe prove fatal if the bear accidentally bumps up against it or something and spills it out like Kevin from the Office dumping a pot of chili. Otherwise though all the polar bear really has to do is chill and keep its distance. Assuming Philly does get a giant hammer wielding lava monster one day I'm still betting on the bear to win though. Polar bears are metal af and I wouldn't mess with them hammer or no.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.

I love the Panthers
Even when the season's rough
They can be so fun

Code:

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE

Code:
22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.)
I've asked this before, but since it may be my final time writing CW, I wanted to ask it again. It was one of my favourite questions to read responses to. Tell me something that happened recently that you enjoyed, something that brings you happiness, or something you have hope for in the future. It could be a huge thing like buying a house or a small thing like having fun with your lockerroom this season. I just want to give you a chance to write down something positive.

This past month Amid and I had the opportunity to meet up with a bunch of amazing friends down in Florida. Most of us met each other playing random online games like this and, although we talk almost everyday online, it was really nice to be able to sit down and have some beers and some laughs together in person for once. Plus we did all sorts of other cool things like go to a hockey game, check out a spring training game, go skeet shooting, and nerd out in hobby shops. Really can't thank @SouthPaw and his wife enough for hosting all of us in their house and playing a huge role in making it a trip that I'll smile back on often. Love you guys.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 10:48 PM by Wheels. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Confirmation word is Bender
+3

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs
Philip Fry spent the downtime with family & friends hanging out at his old job at Planet Express.  He spent time catching up with his 12 times great nephew Hubert Farnsworth for whom he used to work for as a delivery boy for Planet Express delivery.  He got into some trouble with his old best pal Bender Bending Rodriguez. Whether it be killing all humans or competing in the little miss New New York tap dance competition there was no short of fun activities for this duo. They may be bad for society but they're great for each other.  He will of course spent the majority of his time with his one true love, Leela.  The spent some time with her family down in the sewers with all of the mutants. The will traveled the world(s) and catch up with their old friends and of course they will reminisce and plan for the Future(ama).
154 Words
+3

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light
The battle between an enormous god bear made of colorful rays of light and a massive magma monster with a giant hammer would be an epic clash of elemental forces. The god bear's strength in light would be a formidable weapon against the magma monster's fiery attacks, as light can disperse heat and potentially weaken the monster's strength. However, the bear's weakness to honey could also be a disadvantage if the magma monster were to use it to trap or immobilize the bear.

The magma monster's strength in fire and magma would be a powerful force to contend with, but its weakness to water could also be exploited by the god bear. If the bear were able to lure the monster into a body of water or use water-based attacks, it may be able to gain an advantage in the fight.

As the battle rages on, the creatures may exchange blows and employ various strategies to gain the upper hand. In the end, the victor would be the god bear.  Always go to the light.
175 Words
+3

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights
Pucks glide on the ice,
Hopeful hearts beat in the stands,
Defeat stings like cold ice.
+2

Code:
Option 1
Option 2
Take your pick
+3

Code:
22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Happiness
Sitting next to my daughter as she drew, I was filled with a sense of awe and amazement. Her imagination was in full flight, bringing to life a world that only she could see. I watched as she carefully selected colors, and her hand moved effortlessly across the paper, creating lines and shapes that were truly remarkable. Her focus was unwavering, her determination unyielding. And as I looked upon her, I couldn't help but feel a sense of overwhelming pride. For in that moment, I knew that I was witnessing something truly special - the creation of a masterpiece that would forever be cherished.
103 Words
+2

+16 Total
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 08:26 PM by slothfacekilla. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE!
PBE PT

Code:

slothin

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

a.  I am going to have to say that going from expansion draft to the challenge cup finals is the more impressive feat because I have been a part of that happening in Philadelphia and I am very conceited like that and I finally can write about myself and my team!  It has been cool to go from never winning a playoff series to the finals and management has built a really strong team through the draft and trades.
78 words

b. I think the Forge really just have to cover the other shooters that are on the ice and force Rashford to beat us himself.  I think if we focused only on him that would leave too much ice open for his teammates and he's a great passer so I'm sure he would find ways to get the puck to them no matter how we blanketed him.  So we will cover the shooters.
72 words

c. During the regular season my weakness was any shot that was put on net had a good chance to go in, but somehow BASE PACK has really turned it around in the playoffs and is playing really solidly.  I am hoping that the Aurora won't be able to solve me this series because I am not sure that BASE PACK will ever have this good of a run in him again with how FHM goalie is.
76 words

d. I am going to have to go with my bias and pick the Philadelphia Forge to win it all this season, plus it would get me TPE from the playoff predictions.  I have the fortune of some of the games being played already so I am hoping that the Forge are able to keep it going and take it all this season, but I know a series can change in an instant so it isn't over.
76 words

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
Last season I loved the anthropormorphic boats vs. bulls question because people came up with some really fun answers to read, so I'm going to ask it again with the Forge and the Aurora, even though these teams' have less concrete branding. Tell me who wins in a fight: an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light, or a massive magma monster with a giant hammer. The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

This is going to shock you but I am going to choose the massive magma monster with a giant hammer to be the winner in this fight against the enormous god bear made of colorful rays of light.  I think at best the adversarial bear would hope to blind the magma monster with their rays of light, otherwise I think their enormous characteristic wouldn't help it much.  The magma monster is just going to burn that bear up no matter what, and plus it has a huge hammer to smack it in the head with.  I don't think a magma monster would get blinded by the light, so I think the Philly monster will win this tussle.  I honestly think that the magma monster would probably stack up well against any other prospective mascots in these fights.  I think the magma monster is going to best any and all comers and it doesn't even matter what arena it takes place in. 

161 words

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Oscar Nomination
The Oscars are coming up soon! What a perfect time for you to photoshop your player into an Oscar nominated film! That's the whole task! Go wild with it!

[Image: MrwFRat.png]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 09:22 AM by Memento Mori. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE!

ISFL Affiliate Task

Code:

Verification word: sink

Code:

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

The friends we made along the way

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Startup (150 words min.)
Some out-of-their-mind venture capitalist gave you an insane amount of money to start your own hockey related business. What is it, and why do you want to start it? What need does it address? Does anything else like it exist? As a graphic option, create a very corporate looking power-point slide that pitches your busines to hyper business minded people.

As a British person who's never watched a game of hockey in my life, I have a lot of opinions about sports coverage. The most popular sport here is football, and even if you subscribe to three different subscription services that only gives you the ability to watch some of the English Premier League games. British people are starving for accessible, reasonably priced live sport and so my business would be a hockey streaming service with the rights to show games in the UK. Hockey isn't extremely popular here, so you set a very reasonable price point of £X per month, and offer all NHL (or, in-universe, SHL) games to subscribers then I think there would be a lot of interest. I understand models like this are very popular in other countries, and there's a lot of potential for growth in interest in US sports in the UK, and the up-front money can be used to buy the rights to show the games and then put all that to the test. (171 words)

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

Manager General Pass

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

pass

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

CW PASS - J GM

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]