Create Account

S69 Championship Week Due: March 12th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification Word: Controller

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?
a. I think Winnipegs would be a lot more impressive in my point of view. From when I had my previous player until now, I have always found that expansion teams have a good start when it comes to their players. They get a decent drafting spot, they get access to the players left unprotected which are actually quite decent sometimes. Some users decide to team up with certain expansion teams, you can choose your own co-gm who comes and join you. You start the team with the right foot forward whereas if you are always in a rebuild, you are always behind the 8 ball trying to catch a break.
b. Growing up playing hockey and always being a pass first type of person, I think stopping the passer will always be more beneficial. Without the assist, the goal does not happen in most cases. Obviously a player like McDavid can go end to end and some random player dropped it off to him behind the net. But if you are constantly creating plays and generating outlet passes and placing your teammates in good positions to score, you have to cut that out to stop them.
c. I think that just tells me that he is on fire and you can not really tire him out. There are some goaltenders that are just ones that gain confidence as they face more shots and get more tired as the game goes on. If anything, trying to freeze him like they do with kickers in the NFL might be a better approach. If you can stop that momentum he has right now, it might make him have some weaknesses.
d. Looking at the regular season statistics I would have to guess that Winnipeg would win the finals. Being the league leaders in points, scoring the most goals as a team, and having multiple people contribute to the success of the team this year makes them a dangerous beast. When everyone is contributing and the group has dug into the goal of the season, that is a tough train to stop.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.)
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!
There was some line shuffling that happened throughout the season in Anchorage which made it tough for me to follow along with everyone I played with. But as of writing this post, Bruno was along side Tony Soprano and Ignacio Garza. It was an up and down season for me that is forsure, I have not put up these low of numbers since my rookie season in the Juniors but that is just how it happened, nothing against my teammates. I went from playing with max earners in the Juniors to playing with a couple of guys who were earning throughout the whole season. And, as someone who is more of a hitting forward and someone who has a lot of stats applied to non-offensive minded attributes, it was harder to perform because I am more of someone who needs to follow the leader of the line rather than being the driving force. But, that is just the way it is. The Armada were in a tough position, losing a couple of their veteran and better players from previous seasons, so it was time to pass over the torch to a couple of young bucks.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.
Easy aurora
A good, little hockey walk
cracking the cacoon
(This is about my time in the J being over and making my way to the pros)

Code:
22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.)
I've asked this before, but since it may be my final time writing CW, I wanted to ask it again. It was one of my favourite questions to read responses to. Tell me something that happened recently that you enjoyed, something that brings you happiness, or something you have hope for in the future. It could be a huge thing like buying a house or a small thing like having fun with your lockerroom this season. I just want to give you a chance to write down something positive.
I was recently going through some tough times at work, not enjoying what I do in my field and really wanting to change. And, through grinding out the hours I need to finish my license for it, I am going to reach it and then branch out into a field that interests me more. This does not really seem as exciting right now, but having my mind on a positive in the future is really making me dig deep and go to work and crush the little time I have left so that I can finish and change for good. It was tough waking up in the morning with no purpose and being mad at what I was about to do, but with finding out how I want my career to play out in the future, it has put me in the perfect mindset to succeed.

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
+2 - Bruno Tooyo
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3331466

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Weee
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 02:17 PM by The__Y-man__100. Edited 4 times in total.)

Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3331529
Trivia: Yeet

Task 4- Once a promising young hockey player named Oles had worked tirelessly for years to make it to the playoffs, but alas, his team didn't qualify. Oles was disheartened and disappointed, feeling like all his hard work had been for naught.
Oles decided to take a break from hockey to clear his mind and decided to take up a new hobby - painting. At first, he was skeptical about whether this would help him take his mind off things, but he soon found himself completely immersed in the process.
As he painted, he found that his mind would drift away from hockey and focus solely on his art. The colors, shapes, and textures would all come together to create a beautiful picture, and Oles felt a sense of accomplishment that he hadn't experienced in a while.
Oles soon found himself spending more and more time painting, and as he did, he began to rediscover his passion for hockey. He realized that taking a break from the sport had helped him gain a fresh perspective, and he was eager to get back on the ice.

Task 5- The fight takes place in a vast underground cavern with a high ceiling and scattered rock formations. The rules are simple - the first creature to incapacitate the other wins. The enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light is a mystical creature with the power to bend light and manipulate it into various forms. It is fast, agile, and has a strong defence against physical attacks due to its intangible nature. However, it is vulnerable to heat and fire.The massive magma monster with a giant hammer is a fierce and powerful creature made of molten rock and magma. It is slow but incredibly strong, with the ability to create massive shockwaves and seismic eruptions with its hammer strikes. Its defense is also formidable, as it is immune to most physical attacks and can regenerate itself when damaged.

As the fight begins, the god bear darts around the magma monster, using its light manipulation abilities to confuse and disorient it. The magma monster responds by slamming its hammer into the ground, causing massive tremors that send shockwaves through the cavern. The god bear dodges these attacks easily, but the force of the impact creates a large crack in the ceiling, causing rocks to rain down on both combatants.
The god bear uses this opportunity to strike, sending a beam of concentrated light energy towards the magma monster. However, the attack proves ineffective, as the monster's molten exterior absorbs the energy and begins to glow even brighter.
The magma monster charges towards the god bear, swinging its massive hammer with incredible force. The god bear tries to evade, but the monster's attack lands, sending it flying across the cavern. The god bear crashes into a rock formation, causing it to break apart and reveal a hidden source of water.
The magma monster, sensing an opportunity, charges towards the god bear, preparing to deliver the finishing blow. However, the god bear uses its light manipulation abilities to focus the sunlight into a concentrated beam of energy, which it fires at the water source. The sudden influx of water causes the magma monster's exterior to cool and harden, trapping it in place.With the magma monster immobilized, the god bear uses its light energy to strike the monster's hammer, shattering it into a million pieces. The fight is over, and the god bear emerges victorious.

Task 6-
Skates slice the ice fast,
Puck glides towards the net's mesh,
Victory is ours.

Task 17-

If I had to make an IIHF hockey team out of ocean critters, here are some that would be the best suited for a hockey team:

Octopuses: Octopuses would make great defensemen due to their eight arms, which would allow them to block shots and stickhandle with ease. They also have excellent camouflage abilities, which would make them hard to spot on the ice.

Sea Lions: Sea lions would be great forwards due to their speed and agility, which would allow them to dart around opposing players and make quick passes. They also have excellent balance and coordination, which would help them stay on their feet on the ice.

Penguins: Penguins would make great goalies due to their thick, insulating feathers, which would help them withstand the cold temperatures of the rink. They also have excellent reflexes and are able to move quickly and decisively, which would make them great at stopping shots.

Stingrays: Stingrays would make great defensemen due to their flat bodies, which would allow them to cover a lot of ground on the ice. They also have sharp barbs on their tails, which would make them effective at checking opposing players.

Lobsters: Lobsters would make great players in any position due to their strong claws, which would allow them to grip the stick tightly and shoot the puck with force. They also have excellent endurance, which would help them play hard for the entire game.

16/16

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

1. 3 TPE
Verified

4. 3 TPE
In my first few seasons in the league, we never made the playoffs. We were a new franchise, so it would have been a miracle to make the playoffs early in our history in the league. It was pretty normal that we will miss the playoffs, as we first had to build up the roster that is needed to get into the playoffs. Those seasons were not hard to swallow, as it was clear that we need some time to get to the quality of the league. Looking back now, it really paid off. If we would have tried to get to the playoffs earlier I am pretty sure that we would never have been able to build the squad we currently have. You need to take some seasons of to get to a competing team in the league. I even think that with the parity changes that were following soon after Atlanta built an all star and championship team tanked its chances to win more titles later on. Which is a little unfortunate, but well...

5. 3 TPE
Well, that is a really interesting question. I am not sure if you want to attend a fight in an arena live, where an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light fights a massive magma monster with a giant hammer. This sounds like the recipe for enormous destruction and epicness. But what do you want to do against an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light? I think no matter how massive the magma monster and its giant hammer is, a god bear made of rays of light is too powerful to fight against. Does magma even have a chance against rays of light? I think we are probably facing the most overpowered thing in this league. It seems like it even has some kind of ghost-vibes. But if something can stand a chance against this light-bear it is a giant magmar monster. But well, in fact it doesn't as light isn't affected by magmar unfortunately for the Philadelphia Forge.

6. 2 TPE
fire bird my team
play defense and score sometimes
god I'm getting old

7. 3 TPE
Milestones

22. 2 TPE
In February we started training for our firefighter season again. It takes some time, as we have 1 or 2 trainings each week, but it makes a lot of fun to get together with your friends and train for a specific goal. The first preparation competition is in two weeks, the official first competition will be somewhen in May. But it is a lot of fun to already start into this season again. We have a big goal to qualify for the country wide competitions next year, so it is a lot at stakes this season. We have a little bad luck with injuries at the moment, but let's see how it turns out, hope all get well soon again.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2023, 01:52 AM by Dextaria. Edited 7 times in total.)

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Dex

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
Write about a time you didn't make the playoffs, and what you did to take your mind off it! Did you expect to miss the playoffs when it happened? Was it a shock? How did you take it? If you've never been on a team that missed the playoffs, tell me about an early exit you made instead.

There were times in which Ryosuke Sato missed the playoffs with the Toronto North Stars back in the mid to late S50s. With the stacked Great Lakes division before Chicago was moved, the Toronto North Stars were struggling to make a playoff spot despite decent seasons. It was very hard to be in a division with the Hamilton Steelhawks who at the time was a dynasty and so it was somewhat expected for the team to be missing the playoffs at the time as we were aiming to rebuild after a few big misses in the draft. As a result, it was really more of a time to look forward to future playoff runs with the future of the team. To get your mind off of it, we spent the time together as a team from talking about life to sharing food! Those seasons were really what built a good culture on the team and something I look back to fondly. (161 words)

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
Last season I loved the anthropormorphic boats vs. bulls question because people came up with some really fun answers to read, so I'm going to ask it again with the Forge and the Aurora, even though these teams' have less concrete branding. Tell me who wins in a fight: an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light, or a massive magma monster with a giant hammer. The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

So with the definitions of an anthropormorphic forge and aurora as a god bear of lights and a magma monster with a hammer, this will certainly be a supernatural fight where they will certainly be flinging their beams of light and firey balls at each other. In addition to that, I imagine the aurora has the power of flight and being able to levitate above the group as the magma monster is stuck in the pool of lava. As a result, the aurora has the advantage in terms of being able to attack from multiple angles while the magma monster is rather stuck and slow moving. This would eventually dictate the fight as the aurora will conquer the magma monster by shooting such a high intensity light to the monster's core that it will be completely shattered. The forge eventually drops its hammer that was unable to reach the floating aurora god bear and rendered a inanimate pool of magma with the hammer being the only remanant remaining. (168 words)

Code:
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.

Gone to a new team
A unique experience
Not playing my best

Code:

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Beyond Prompts

Code:
22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.)
I've asked this before, but since it may be my final time writing CW, I wanted to ask it again. It was one of my favourite questions to read responses to. Tell me something that happened recently that you enjoyed, something that brings you happiness, or something you have hope for in the future. It could be a huge thing like buying a house or a small thing like having fun with your lockerroom this season. I just want to give you a chance to write down something positive.

Recently I figured out a trebuchet is a siege engine! But in all seriousness, recently I got accepted to two of the biggest schools in the west coast of the United States and it is both an amazing accomplishment to even have this opportunity. The decision process is a bit tough between the two, and it is a little tough to talk to people about it with sounding like I am gloating or believe I am better than them, but the more I talk to others, I am very excited about the future despite the debt haha. I think it would be a unique and potentially life-changing experience with me studying what I want to study at a whole new place for new persepectives! (124 words)

16/16 TPE

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
bokbok

The main player that Nevek Kove played with this season is Alexander Minaj. The chemistry between the two is amazing, due to the fact that Nevek likes to focus on the defensive aspect of the game and Minaj is more a all around / scoring defenseman. Their ability on the ice mesh really well together due to that. Overall, during the season, they shared the first line duties and had about similar season, exept on the level of shots blocked, where Nevek hold an amazing number. The nice thing is that Kove and Minaj are in the same SHL team pipeline, so they were able to develop their chemistry early on in their career. After that, Nevek share Even Strenght and PK dueties with Elena Maximova and Redd Savage. Maximova is also a highly offensive minded defenseman, so the pairing mesh well on that level too, and with Savage, their goal is to make sure they arent scored on during the penality kill time. 163

4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
Since their creation in S55, 15 seasons ago now, the Quebec City Citadelles never missed the playoffs. It's an impressive fact that i am still amazed every time i think about it. There's a lot of early exits however that i still feel a bit sour about. One of the main exit that come to my mind is in S57, when Quebec City was leading the league in point and dominating in all aspect. We faced the Anchorage Armada in the semi final, and the series didn't go as planned for us, where we ended up bowing down to them 4-3. Another one that still leave a sour taste in my mouth is in S67, when we faced the Maine Timber in the final. At one point, we were leading the series 3-2, we thus had 2 chances to close the series, especially since we had home ice advantage. We really though we would do it, but the Timber proved us wrong and ended up getting their home game and then destroying us in our own home. The last game is what hurt me the most tbh, im really happy for the timber to have won after so many season, but getting destroyed at home like you have a 155 TPE squad on the ice really hurt. 217

6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights (5 words min.)
Season was Magic
Cup we lifted at the end
Celebrate all night

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3325941

18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congrats to the Citadelles for winning it ! I'm extremely happy to see us being crowned as champion this season, nothing is better than the meme season to remember us forever as the winner. Everyone wanted to be part of the S69 draft, but winning the S69 (nice) cup is even better, since its forever in history now. We are one of the two teams, along with the Maine Timber in S67, to win the cup without having a bye since the current introduction of the playoff format. To think it happened only twice in over 15 seasons is amazing, as it means that it's an hard feat, and we managed to do it ! 113

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 08:35 PM by Fitted2106. Edited 5 times in total.)

1Cw  triva verify fitted

3.3. I played with Derek Martin who was goated at being the best chemistry student I ever had like we super went after all the bad guys and just did the darn thing feel me like I be hitting ppls and he be doing the same then beers cuz we kings feel me. We just never take a night off we. Just keep going you know? We just keep going and it never stops like we can't be stopped. No one will stop where the best best best and when we feel like it we also get drunk. Sometimes we call rush Justice to hang out to cause. That's just how we be you know. It's a whole Carolina thing you all won't understand I know we also pet dolphins when we feel like it because Carolina is right by the beach. We also just like do what we want because. Because that's how the boys in Carolina be do you know? You can't stop it so why would you Katy Perry's also when I list the things to do because I mean to look at? Look at those things.

+3milestonez
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3331738

When me and the gang don't make.the proofs we just get hammered and say f it ya know we some bad boys so when we get to the strip club the hunnies already know that trella bout to bust out ten freestyles and get on that purple drank. This just how we do sometimes 50 cent even joins us to make fun of ja rule and clown old Boi. It's honestly the best times ever so when we miss playoffs I'm not upset at all its honestly must better than making it cuz ya know we ain't gotta work no more. It's just so sweet to be a bum and we love it now mean like we just stay letting down the fans for personal gain. If it was up to trella we'd have jello everywhere cuz trello jello is a good time and the dude even has a role as Mr mime someone come and take the phone I'm horisn around hard young bull

The Aurora beat the forge simply because they hold the light of god you realize and Aurora is literally a entire light spectrum wtf is a forge gonna do to GODS LIGHT at what point does Aurora have to make forge tap like chicken like can forge even touch light to damage it ??? These are the querys that keep me up at night and stay pondering the external questions like are forges even eco friendly cuz I know Aurora are because they be light that we need I mean ask someone who wins light or a forge can a forge even exist without light? There's a chance the forge would be extinct if Aurora wasn't even here so like also forge be in Philly we all know no one likes philly and Winnipeg is just cold light town with Aurora so I give edge to Aurora. Dumb question but listen to fitted for all predictions because I'm never wrong ever go slap ya mmammma or another old lady cuz I'm the goat baby

Grab bag
D. I puck Winnipeg because I explain before it's all about light spectrum and these boys got God's light so dub all Dat for Aurora now I'm saying they gonna shine baby more then diamonds and mote like the best thing u ever saw so get ready for big time Aurora killing it on way to big successes because they afe the ones that's gonna shine baby big time

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 10:41 PM by 5ympathies. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

clapper

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
Write about a time you didn't make the playoffs, and what you did to take your mind off it! Did you expect to miss the playoffs when it happened? Was it a shock? How did you take it? If you've never been on a team that missed the playoffs, tell me about an early exit you made instead.

I missed the playoffs literally this season, season 69 (sixty nine) of the simulation hockey league. Did I expect to miss the playoffs? I suppose I did as after I was traded to Toronto people pitied me, and I did not understand why. How did I take my mind off of it you make ask? (the prompt is asking). Well it is quite elementary my friend. The answer is that I have not been paying any attention to the games we have won or lost in about 5 seasons now, so it was quite easy to not have to think about. I randomly checked the league one day and it happened to be the last sim of the reg season. At the time I thought, wow that was pretty lucky that I did not forget to submit my playoff predications, but I would have received a reminder to submit them anyway. Maybe next season we will make the playoffs.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
Last season I loved the anthropormorphic boats vs. bulls question because people came up with some really fun answers to read, so I'm going to ask it again with the Forge and the Aurora, even though these teams' have less concrete branding. Tell me who wins in a fight: an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light, or a massive magma monster with a giant hammer. The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

I think this is a pretty silly question. I mean the team is called the forge, not the magma monsters. The prompt should instead be an enormous god bear with rays of light vs a literally forge. Maybe even a foundry if you want to be so unspecific about it. No idea where this magma monster with a hammer comes into play. Saying that, I'm taking the magma monster either way. Hammers are pretty cool and this dude can do some serious damage with that. The only way the hammer guy would not win was if the hammer was like a regular person, home depot, unspecified hardware store, ubiquitous type of hammer. A huge magma guy carrying a hammer thats even small in my hands, no way he wins again a bear that can shoot out rays of lights from every orifice, and I mean EVERY orifice. Who am I to say though, maybe the hammer surprises me.

Code:

It was very poor
Next season will be better
Else I will retire

Code:

+3 TPE

Code:
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Is it exciting to have two completely new teams meet in the finals? What did you like or not like about this season?

Congrats to Philly! What a team! I had to ask in the atlanta discord who won to confirm because I thought winnipeg won because I have not watched a sim since S59, and not kept up with the playoffs since I left Atlanta. It was cool that there were two new teams meeting up in the finals. It would have been much cooler if I was on one of those teams though. Regardless @Gwdjohnson won, and we can all come together to agree what a travesty that is. Next thing we'll see is Philly becoming the next Hamilton dynasty. Yuck. Couple extra words just for good measure.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Code:

Halkoholic

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3331569

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 11:28 PM by Symmetrik. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:

word

Code:

Free Milestones

Code:
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!

My linemate for this was once again Jay O'Neil, a fellow S62 draftee. We are well familiar with each other, as we've been a defensive pairing for the Winnipeg Aurora for the entirety of our careers. We have always worked well together, as Jay is a defensive minded guy, while I like to look for more offense. We've been getting better and better as a pair, over our careers, and this season it was really strong. The coaching staff trusted us both enough now, I was really able to let loose, managed to tie for the lead in points among defensemen. I never abandoned defense completely, but I knew I could always take some extra risks, jump in the play a little more, because Jay was always a rock on defense. He's a really smart player and he can read me really well, so I always have full trust in him knowing he'll be there to back me up. And I try to do the same for him. (168 words)

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)

Winnipeg winning
Kinsinger score many points
Then playoff sadness

Code:
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Is it exciting to have two completely new teams meet in the finals? What did you like or not like about this season?

Well, I could say they certainly didn't go as I'd HOPED. I think as far as the Western Conference goes, things were mostly as expected. New Orleans and Chicago were close during the regular season, so maybe you expect Chicago to win those, but it was a 7 game tight series. Edmonton blowing out Calgary in a sweep is certainly the only standout there. NOLA put Winnipeg in a bit of a closer series than expected I think, but the better team still won in 7. Winnipeg and Seattle were the best 2 teams in the league all season, so no surprise there it went to a game 7 showdown. The East was a lot crazier. Though NEW had the upper hand in the standings, I think many expected Buffalo to still win that series, and definitely no on expected them to get swept. NEW surprised again taking down Montreal, the #1 team in the East during the season. Philly and Atlanta were real close, though I think most would have given Atlanta the expected edge based on recent history. Philly and NEW should have been a lot closer than it was, but I think either team could have reasonably be expected to win it. Philly winning the Cup I think is the big surprise of the season, and is probably up there with Edmonton taking out Calgary as far as least expected things of the playoffs. (237 words)

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Commemorative Puck
Your fans want a keepsake! Design a puck that commemorates your teams' season 69! Include a slogan that encompasses how it went.

[Image: image.png?width=652&height=602]

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Milestone
CW Trivia code: Yeetus

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

SHL/SMJHL Finals

3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson
This season I was working on the second line, on the left wing side with centermen T. Zelenock and right winger T. Terrence. I feel like we played well together during the regular season due to our ability to pass the puck well to one another. I think what could have worked better was our overall ability to screen which could've helped put more goals in. Also while Zelenock was good on the defensive side of things and Terrence was lacking which didn't help in keeping the puck out of our zone when the opponent attacked. If there was one player I felt I would've wanted to play with this season and I didn't it would be Tobias Wrexks, 4 Chainz, or Brendan Laroux. The last one specifically since we are both Minnesota-drafted and I would be looking to build chemistry ahead of time for when we end up being called to the SHL.

4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
When I joined the league back with this new character I signed as a free agent with the Detroit Falcons ahead of the season 66 trade deadline so I could see how I was handling myself and work on improving ahead of the draft where I was lucky to also be selected by the Falcons. The team took a chance on me because they didn't make the playoffs that season finishing 10th in the league. So as the Four Star Cup was contended and won by the Nevada Battleborn I worked to better myself in aspects of my game I knew I excelled along with getting some of my weaknesses to improve so I overall can be even better. It was expected that the Falcons would miss the playoffs and so it wasn't a shock, it was however disappointing considering they had won the Cup the season prior but that was fine.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
So this is a fight between a God ( bear ) and a magma monster. We're talking about a one-sided affair here it seems because a God is immortal whereas a creature made of molten lava has a few massive weaknesses that could lead to its demise. God bear ( Or Care Bear as I heard, I like that lol ) would be smart as opposed to the Balrog ( Also like that ) who would be instinct based and bestial so I would say more powerful physically but less intelligent. For example, the magma monster wouldn't be selective in terms of battleground he's fighting wherever he stands opposed to the God Bear would strategize and pick a location that would benefit him. So I'm going to take a page off a video game called Middle-Earth: Shadows of War where the protagonist would face a Balrog and the fight location was on a frozen lake. The hero won the fight by managing to have the Balrog sink under the ice-cold water once the thick surface of the ice was broken which a God Bear would be able to manage and so with the ice-cold water it would be enough to freeze the Magma Monster and thus defeat him. The hammer would be rather useless against a being made of rays of colorful lights as it would simply go through it like there was nothing to swing at.

+3 TPE - S69 Milestones

The fact the Falcons' team did not change so much between Season 68 and 69 I was confident we were going to make it at least to the Final once again. Winning back-to-back didn't happen but it wasn't for lack of trying, we were outplayed by a better team so the Québec City Citadeles totally earned and deserve this season's cup. So while I was hoping to win again, I'm glad we were able to make it back to the finals and to do it against my local team ( I'm from the Province of Québec ) made it extra special. What I didn't like about the end of the playoffs was how efficiently our first two lines got boxed in, it blew my mind really lol.

22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Happiness (100 words min.)
It will be unexpected but I'm going to say WWE's Elimination Chamber this year which took place in my hometown of Montréal. The reason, why I talk about a wrestling match as a source of happiness, was because the main event had a Montréaler in it Sami Zayn who is a true underdog story and an inspiration for everyone who wants to dream and wants something. He's proof that if you work hard great things can happen and well the storyline that led to the main against the World Champion was not only captivating but it got me through so many emotions and it was all a good thing.

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA

- mayo

Code:

- https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3331606

6/16

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Simmer Pass

1. CW Trivia 3 TPE
tarte

7. Milestones 3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3331620

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]