Create Account

S69 Championship Week Due: March 12th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 08:08 PM by raymond3000. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
farm

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?
a. I am far more impressed with Philadelphia's path to building a contending team. I've always believed that rebuilds are almost a necessity to build a contending team if you don't already have one, but Philly has managed to build a great team while never really tanking. I believe they've always been in or around the playoffs and now they have won a cup.

b. I think the Forge should focus on shutting down Winnipeg's other players and let Rashford shoot the puck. I say that just because Rashford let down my fantasy team this year by not putting up enough points, so I'm not sure he will be able to carry the offensive load by himself.

c. BASE PACK has been elite all playoffs and the Winnipeg offense will need to find an extra gear to beat this goalie. Firing more shots on goal in this situation won't help. It will just keep the goalie in their rhythm and feeling good about their game. The Aurora will need to crash the crease and try and score some dirty goals.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.
My twenty-third year
Chasing some more records
Back in the playoffs

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
+3 TPE

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Is it exciting to have two completely new teams meet in the finals? What did you like or not like about this season?
The playoffs were full of surprises this season, as we saw the rise of some new teams like New England and Philadelphia. The two teams in the Finals aren't the biggest surprises but neither were in my opinion the favorites in their conferences. Winnipeg finally overcame Seattle, ending the Argonauts' hopes for a threepeat while the Forge got past a very strong Inferno team in the second round. The finals results weren't a huge surprise to me. While the Aurora were certainly a TPE favbrite, the Forge have a coaching advantage and the Aurora can never seem to fully put it together in the playoffs.

Code:
19. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Congratulations, graphic loving procrastinator! Much like the written word loving procrastinator, you too have a special task just for you! Create a post-series splash screen detailing the outcome of the series, or highlighting the player that you think should be playoff MVP. Include at least 3 stats!
[Image: 0688ViU.png]

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Done

Code:

4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)

This is the first season since I've been in the league that we have made the playoffs. It was really exciting and hope to get there again which we should have a great chance next season. Previous to this season it didn't bother me much at all that we hadn't made the playoffs. We were busy building a good team to get us there and it was still alot of fun through those seasons. It gave us a chance to get to know each other and encourage each other to become the best that we could be. Within myself I was definitely not good enough to support the back end until I got my tpe up to a decent level and be confident to be a starter for the team that plays in front of me. Patience is the key and it's a big learning process to get there. It is worth it to be able to grow and learn with your team.

Code:

5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)

The age old battle between an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light, or a massive magma monster with a giant hammer! My first instinct is to go with the God bear since they are a God and I would imagine would have some godly powers that would over power the magma monster. Plus how do you deal with these colorful rays of light? Do they burn things? Which if they did maybe wouldn't do much against a monster made of magma but maybe they just destroy everything in those rays path? Maybe they work like when the care bears get all together with the care bear stare and obliterate their target? And what's with the magma monsters Hanmer? I can see it crushing mortals all over the place and the magma burning everyone to death but I'm not sure it would do much damage to the God bear. I think in conclusion the God bear wins the battle eveytime and the main fact is that it is indeed a God.

Code:

6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)

In the beginning
We played with our hearts and souls
Got us to playoffs

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....milestones

Code:

The Kelowna Knights have won the whole damn kit and caboodle folks! What a time to be alive! Sea jebus has his championship and was so proud to be part of such an awesome team this year. From the very start everyone in the locker room hit it off and made an oath to all work with determination and heart to get to the big dance. From the coaching staff, top dogs and trainers this team has proved that it all pays off in the end. The team rallied together to be the best they could be on and off the ice and life long relationships were formed. This is how it's done and all hail the Kelowna knights!

Code:

22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.)

Positivity is so hard to find these days in this crazy world we live in but it is definitely still out there to be found. For me being a part of this league was very positive. You are welcome into a group of all sorts of characters to find a common goal of working together and creating something fun and happiness from the mundane day to day of our lives. It connects us from many different places around the globe. There's excitement in getting far into the season and making the playoffs. And just talking to different people here makes you feel like you are part of the community. It gives you something to look forward to each season that passes. It has been a great light in my life for sure.

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Tocaps

Code:

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Claim 3 TPE milestones

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

PBE affiliate PT

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

a. I think both have similar merit and impressiveness as rebuilding takes at least a full civil year and more, you need to keep people active and around in both cases and then you need to pull the trigger on meaningful player acquisition at the right time and pray for some sim luck. (52 words)

b. I think Rashford is a product of the players around him and is overhyped in general. Defenseman are really dependant on their forwards as far as offensive production goes and I would let Rashford have the ice space he wants if it means cutting and sealing his linemates of their own space. The best case scenario would be to seal any pass possibility and let him shoot without much screen. (70 words)

c. Goalies are voodoo magic. A goalie with a card pack name is double the voodoo. The best thing to do is ignore him and just do your own thing because the second the goalie gets inside your mind and takes your focus it is lost. Just play your own game and hope to score at clutch times. (57 words)

d. I think the philadelphiage forge will take it home. You might say it's easy saying this after the serie is ended and I would have to concede that you are right. However, they have beaten the atlanta inferno in 2nd round and that shows they can take on any team from the west and that includes Winnipeg no matter how strong they are. When it comes down to it, its all played in the simworld and everything can happen. (79 words)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.)
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!

My pairmate on the Atlanta inferno defense has been none other than the legendary Puddles O'Duck @Z-Whiz If you want to see real chemistry look at the atlanta D-Core, always amongst the top in points produced, has a big three, has prospects looking to make up that next big three and keep the D-Core a strenght of the team for years to come. When it comes to getting points, that pairing has been amonst the top 10 in the SHL for about 6 seasons now, and having stellar plus minus ratios for a while. They support an aging and also young forward core, supporting them rotating into the top lines and secure their backends as well as giving them solid passes on the tape. Duck is a magician on ice, but also a gentleman outside the rink. Always makes sure his friends are well and if you ever need a duck for some reason, he is the bird to ask. He cant help you moving out to a new place however, because he is a duck. (176 words)

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 06:06 PM by Briedaqueduc. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
WBNRWB
+3

Code:

It is always impressive to see teams completing a full rebuild and reaching the finals, to get the most prestigious award you can have in the Simulation Hockey World,  but I think I would need to choose the Winnipeg Aurora rebuild. They truly went from scratch and drafted well to get to where they are, Philly seemed to have not as hard of a time to do theirs but still pretty impressive.
72 words

Most people would say: "WELL obviously target Rashford you morons", but I do not think it is that easy, and I doubt it is that efficient. With the quality of Rashford, no matter how many defenders you put on him, he will still perform and get rid of the defenders by dishing the puck to people unprotected. So it definitely is a balance, you have to always have someone on him, but keep in mind all the people surrounding him, hockey is a team sport.
85 words

I would never have thought that a card pack would be able to play hockey? It even seems just straight up unfair, he is much bigger than other keepers. Anyways there is always a weakness on someone, so I think you need to get him to move from the net a little and pass it on the other side and score a wide open net.
65 words

It will be a tight contest for sure, on paper Winnipeg have the upper hand, but Philly has some of the better players in the league. I think Philly's momentum from getting past the first round for the first time will mean that they will be getting all the way up to the cup, it would mean a lot for them to win it in this occasion.
67 words
+4

Code:
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!

This season, Paul Koivu had the chance to play with two great players, Makrus the Tater Jager and Burlok Sulfurgold. I think our line had really good chemistry, we really complete each other. Let us start by talking about Burlok Sulfurgold. Burlok is already quite an aging player, having seen many seasons now in the Simulation Hockey League, having played 8 seasons with the Texas Renegades, four seasons with the Atlanta Inferno, and now is on his second season with the New England Wolfpack. He has won two cups if I am not mistaken, so he is already a succeful and established player. That gives Paul a good linemate with experience, which is something that Paul Koivu has not at all. He is quite good physically, but also excels in playmaking and passing, which is perfect for Paul who likes to scores some goals but also to pass it. Burlok also will destroy anyone who attempts to hurt his teammates, so Paul has a good leader figure on hios line. Then we have Makrus the Tater Jager, last season's Most valuable player. Not too much to say about him taht no one knows, he is feared of all the goalies in the league and he helps paul scoring points with his great offensive talents.
214 words

+3

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
Write about a time you didn't make the playoffs, and what you did to take your mind off it! Did you expect to miss the playoffs when it happened? Was it a shock? How did you take it? If you've never been on a team that missed the playoffs, tell me about an early exit you made instead.

Paul Koivu will always remember his first time not making the playoffs, as it was with his first team in the simulation hockey world, the Anchorage Armada of the simulation major junior hockey league. If you know a little about the major junior league, it is pretty hard to miss playoffs, you need to be in one of the 2 divisions with a team missing the playoffs, and end dead last in the division, not even in the conference necessarily. And that happened to the Anchorage Armada in season 63, paul's third season down in the major junior league. The team had a terrible season, despite Paul doing having a better performance that season over his performance of the season before. He was really sad, but it is something that he got over with, as the armada made it to the playoffs the season after. It hapopened to paul then two other times during his time with the wolfpack, in his first and second season, but at that point it had aleready happened to him so he didnt really mind.
180 words

+3

Code:

+ 3 Milestones
+3

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 06:51 PM by Ferda. Edited 5 times in total.)

1. CW Trivia code - aniki

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Quote:a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
a.) Philadelphia's rebuild was remarkable, given that they started from scratch as an expansion team with no history or players. Their management had a vision, and they discovered hidden talents, such as "gwid" johnson, all around the league. With some savvy trades and acquisitions, they assembled a roster that exceeded everyone's expectations, demonstrating their resilience and resourcefulness. It was a truly impressive feat, and it showcased their ability to create a winning team from nothing.

(71 Words)
+1

Quote:b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
b.) Even though Rashford's been dishing out assists like candy on Halloween, Winnipeg's actually a pretty bad team. To shut down their offense, Philly should just take advantage of their weak defense and throw the puck on net. Even though their tendies have done well this season, no goalie can stop things from getting too chaotic. Don't sweat about Rashford too much, they just need to exploit Winnipeg's goaltending by attacking their overly-structured defense. Get some traffic in front of the crease, create some scoring opportunities, and boom - easy win for Philly.

(94 Words)
+1

Quote:c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
c.) Philadelphia's goalie, BASE PACK, has been a key player in the team's success this season. With over 500 saves in just 17 games, he's been a force to be reckoned with. Some may view this as a weakness to exploit, but it's more likely that BASE PACK is simply an exceptional goalie. His strong performances in net could be the difference-maker that helps lead Philly to the championship. Winnipeg will have to bring their best game to find a way past him. But if BASE PACK keeps playing at this level, it's going to be tough for anyone to beat Philly.

(95 Words)
+1

Quote:d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?
d.) It's tough to predict who's going to win the upcoming series between Winnipeg and Philadelphia, but the advanced stats are definitely in Philly's favor. They've been exceeding expectations all season, despite being an expansion team, and have some top players and solid goaltending. Winnipeg's got some talented players too, but Philly's got the advantage on paper. Of course, anything can happen in hockey, but if Philly keeps playing the way they have been, they've got a good shot at taking the series.

(72 Words)
+1

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.)

As for the linemates this season, Billy Herrington played alongside Pope Coswi Jr. and Finn Weiss. The three of them had a great season playing together, with a strong chemistry that allowed them to create scoring opportunities and control the pace of the game. They worked well together due to their complementary styles of play - Herrington's speed and agility, Coswi Jr.'s playmaking abilities, and Weiss's powerful shots. However, there were times when they struggled to connect on passes or make the right plays, especially against teams with strong defenses. But overall, their strengths outweighed their weaknesses, and they were a solid offensive force for the team. Although Herrington was happy with his linemates, he wouldn't mind playing with other teammates on the team. One player he admires is the team's star right winger, 4 Chainz. He believes that with 4 Chainz's scoring ability and physical presence on the ice, they could create some serious offensive firepower. As for the goaltending situation, Herrington didn't have a direct bond with the goalies, but he had a lot of respect for their hard work and dedication. He knew that they had his back and that he could rely on them to make the big saves when needed. Their strong play in net gave the team a sense of security and allowed the forwards to play with more confidence. Overall, Herrington enjoyed playing with his linemates and respected the contributions of his goaltenders. He knew that they all had a role to play in the team's success, and he was grateful to be a part of such a strong squad.

(198 Words)
+3

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
Last season I loved the anthropormorphic boats vs. bulls question because people came up with some really fun answers to read, so I'm going to ask it again with the Forge and the Aurora, even though these teams' have less concrete branding. Tell me who wins in a fight: an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light, or a massive magma monster with a giant hammer. The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

The matchup between the enormous god bear made of colorful rays of light and the massive magma monster with a giant hammer is an epic battle for the ages. The arena for the fight is a vast, barren wasteland with jagged rocks and bubbling lava pits. The rules of the fight are simple - the first to knock out their opponent wins. At the start of the battle, the magma monster charges at the god bear with its hammer, unleashing a devastating blow. However, the god bear responds with a flurry of colorful energy blasts, stunning the monster and forcing it back. The magma monster then attempts to pummel the god bear with its hammer, but the bear dodges and weaves around the attacks with its agility. As the fight continues, both creatures land several powerful blows on each other. The magma monster's hammer causes massive cracks in the ground with each strike, while the god bear's colorful rays of light send shockwaves across the arena. Ultimately, the god bear emerges as the victor. Its speed and agility allowed it to dodge most of the magma monster's attacks, and its colorful energy blasts were too much for the monster to handle. The magma monster falls to the ground, defeated, as the god bear stands triumphantly over its opponent. In the end, the god bear's unique combination of speed, agility, and colorful energy proved to be too much for the magma monster's brute strength and power. The battle was a fierce and epic display of strength, but ultimately, the god bear came out on top.

(151 Words)
+3

7. +3 - S69 SMJHL Milestones

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
Write about a time you didn't make the playoffs, and what you did to take your mind off it! Did you expect to miss the playoffs when it happened? Was it a shock? How did you take it? If you've never been on a team that missed the playoffs, tell me about an early exit you made instead.

I’ve been on several teams that missed the playoffs, including the team I’m on this season. How do I take my mind off of it? That’s fairly easy, I usually take a break from the site. The fact is I’m having trouble staying motivated these days and it would probably be the same had I made the playoffs. I honestly don’t even know who won the playoffs in either league this season which is pretty bad. In the past I would work on media or update my player but this season I’m just doing more of the same which is the bare minimum. I’m not sure how this career is going to pan out. I’m going to try make it to the SHL eventually but I’m not sure how much I have left in the tank. I love the community and the locker rooms but it’s just hard to get up and go anymore. So I guess the answer to the question is that I do nothing.

167 Words

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
Last season I loved the anthropormorphic boats vs. bulls question because people came up with some really fun answers to read, so I'm going to ask it again with the Forge and the Aurora, even though these teams' have less concrete branding. Tell me who wins in a fight: an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light, or a massive magma monster with a giant hammer. The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

A god bear made of light or a big magma dude with the hammer? That’s a tough matchup and hard to predict. The arena would have to be on the moon because it’s too much destruction for our precious planet to handle. In that regard I’d probably have to give the bear god the advantage with light because I’m not sure how much head could be generated on the moon, I guess it depends where the sun is in the equation. Either way the moon is gone and that will probably ruin the world anyway. I’d just give the edge to the bear god of light because how do you hammer light? How do you burn light? These are scientific questions that have no answer I guess. I just think this is a tricky matchup to predict. I just think that every time the magma dude tried to hurt light bear god he’s just make him stronger.

157 words

Quote:6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.

I play for Whalers
We did not do very good
Maybe next season?

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

+3 TPE - Milestones

Quote:20. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Seige Engine (150 words min.)
We all know what a seige engine is, and we all have a favourite one! If you had to design a seige engine based on your team's branding, what would it be? What would that seige weapon do? What would it look like? What are its advantages? As a graphic option, you can depict what it would look like in action!

I had to look up what a siege engine was. I mean, I know what a siege thing is but I didn’t know if it was a game or what. But if I was to design one after my team it would probably be shaped like a giant whale but I’d make a flame-thrower out of the blow hole. That might actually be difficult because the fire would just shoot up and it wouldn’t really help with sieging until the thing they were sieging was right underneath them. Otherwise it would just shoot fire in the air which is kind of pointless. I’d also make it backwards because the tail could be used to smash things. Then the head could just kind of help break the walls bigger allowing for more room. Soldiers would come out of the whale’s mouth with spears and bananas for energy. It probably wouldn’t be very good at all to be honest.

157 words

Quote:22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.)
I've asked this before, but since it may be my final time writing CW, I wanted to ask it again. It was one of my favourite questions to read responses to. Tell me something that happened recently that you enjoyed, something that brings you happiness, or something you have hope for in the future. It could be a huge thing like buying a house or a small thing like having fun with your lockerroom this season. I just want to give you a chance to write down something positive.

Life is really good right now honestly. I’ll have four years sober next week and I’m enjoying life. I just watched one of my kids play in a soccer tournament final last weekend, they were the runner-up in a nailbiter of a game. Today I got to see her win her basketball league final after a great game. It’s wild to see a team think they are going to steamroll through a bunch of smaller girls just because they’re bigger than them and then see the smaller kids just run circles around them. Life is just really good right now most of the time.

104 words

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 07:04 PM by supertardis101.)

1. done

7. Milestones

20. The Buffalo Stampede would do exactly what they are doing in the name of their team, stampede. Tbe Buffalo siege engine is just a huge hoard of Buffalo that run on command of me and my associates. The castles of southern France tremor and fear at the hands of my Buffalo Stampede and all that it can do to enemy combatants. There are so many Buffalo that they can easily overrun any body with just pure numbers. The BUffalo we employ are super mutated hopping Buffalo as well that can hop over the enemy walls as well as run at a quarter of the speed of sound. It is some crazy stuff and you better hope that the Buffalo empire never comes for you! We do some crazy stuff and puppy we can siege some crazy shit! 

21. FOr my hockey related business, I am going to start a gym just training pictures in the valuable art of beating the absolute crap out of your fellow player and icemate. Fighitng has always been a part of hockey since the game consisted of mine workers and laborers playing the game on their local teams way back in the day. However, some players are not just great at beating the absolute crap out of their fellow man. This is where my hockey related business comes in! At Billy Brook's fighting and training gym, you can learn the essentials of hockey fighting at a very reasonable cost! THere is a lot to learn so book now! You can learn how to be the most feared enforcer on the ice who spends at a minimum, 30% of the season suspended for said fighting and violence. There is a lot of really awesome things you can do in the game! If you have the right frame of force. There is a lot of awesome things to be done in Hockey! Fighting just happens to be one of them! 

22. I turned 18 last week! it has been really surreal to be an adult since then, but the celebrations for getting to the milestones were a lot of fun! I got to see a lot of friends that I do not get to see super often and it made me very happy! It has been a hard semester and year with just a lot going on, but I am really glad to be getting near the done. I only have a few weeks left of High School and I am not entirely sure what i am going to do with myself after. Adulthood is really looming but celebrating turning 18 was really nice. I am really glad I got to do that. Kurt Vonnegut once wrote that if you cannot take time to simply look around and remark to a perfectly nice moment and simply exclaim "If this isn't nice, I don't know what is" then you are a fool. I like to remember that. And you know what, if this isn't nice, I don't know what is!

PBE PT

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 09:24 PM by Arkz. Edited 1 time in total.)

0. Affiliate PT (3 TPE)
ISFL Affiliate 

1. Trivia (3 TPE)
Verification

7. Milestones (3 TPE)
Milestones Post

20. Siege Weapon (3 TPE) 
Look, we all know that the most famous, efficient siege weapon ever made was the trebuchet. It was capable of throwing boulders and other miscellaneous projectiles many hundreds of meters, clear over stone walls and other fortifications. Prior to the advent of the canon, the trebuchet was the king of the field. But what if you needed a different kind of weapon? Let's be honest, trebuchets make a horrendous mess, what with the set up, take down, and all those boulders you just flung into a castle or fortification that you wee likely attempting to take over. Enter the New Orleans Specter, a safer, more efficient siege weapon. Instead of being focused on destroying physical fortifications or tossing diseased cows over the walls, the New Orleans Specter is just an ornate, coffin-shaped box with black lacquer and purple metal inlets. Merely set the device up, facing the enemy stronghold and then pop open the container. Out poops a very frightening, very spooky ghost that will scare the enemy into submission. When it is done, the Specter returns to its haunted house and waits for the next town or castle.

21. Venture Capitalist Idea (3 TPE) 
What is the biggest barrier to entry to hockey? Okay, a cold climate. What is another barrier? Incredibly expensive equipment and resources needed to continue advancing in terms of skill level. Then what is the last barrier to entry? Ice time, which may be one of the most crucial blockers to getting folks involved in the game. Well worry no more, instead comes the Jon St. Ark Ice Institutes, which are smaller spacers that potential players can use to train and practice without having to wake up at 4am to make it to the rink before the figure skating kids come in. Each center has rental equipment and individual rooms, some with ice and some with carpet, so that players can work out and practice in peace. And since families and teams aren't trying to rent out entire rinks, it is also not too pricey. So come on down to Jon St. Ark's Ice Institute, where the only thing cooler than you is our prices.

22. Happy Thoughts (2 TPE)
My child has a birthday coming up! it is always nice to celebrate with them and the family when they come to visit. We aren't expecting too many people, which is perfectly fine and easy to host. My kiddo has grown a lot since their last birthday and really looking forward for everyone to have a chance to interact with them and experience their personality as more and more of it comes out. Now we just need to finalize on the cake and we should be all set! Right now we are thinking something with white cake and a fruit, maybe strawberry frosting.

16/16

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 07:15 PM by raymond3000. Edited 1 time in total.)

oops double

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 07:29 PM by Gooney. Edited 3 times in total.)

Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3331826

Trivia: vw: cow

My season was great
I hate hamilton steelhawks
rotti is stupid

4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)

when have i ever made it. the real question is is when my stupid gms will put inj the work to pull this stupid team from the playoffs. every year its the same story they suck anbd honestly they are not competant at their jobs. gabe is also a moron. this team sucks. it was not a shock because the team sucks and im the best player on it and everyone else is just simply not good this team has no futurre except for maybe being stupid lol. they suck so much and honestrly at this point its laugahbgbel. i hope this team bands together in the future and then we can bring ham a cup that they deserve but i am concenred that this wiill happen but oh well that is life. but thats all i have to say on the current team but i do think they have someting to build too maybe

15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you?

oh man youy kjnow every season i get so excited about this stupid fake iihf tourney we do and we all pretend its fun but know one cares and then we all write in our champ week about it ! my team is canada and they are led by simon the young strapping boy on the blue line and i think that he will be able to lead canada to its future of winning golds and then also being comp for most of the toruney because lets be real canada is good at hockey and they should be good every year my guy is canadaian because i wanted to be on the best team and that is canada. this is where i want to win and i expect my player to win gold every time and i think this year will be it. but who knows what will happen because this is hockey and its random.

Congratulations, procrastinator! Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Is it exciting to have two completely new teams meet in the finals? What did you like or not like about this season?

what i didnt like about this season is that we won like 2 games and man wasnt that a fun finals? both teams played so hard and it got me going i followed every game closely on youtube and man i was on the edge of my seat and man wow that was fun and wow let me tell you this season was something special. shout out to the simemrs for doing their job. good luck to the teams and shoutout to the communityh i lvoe this place and i cant wait to be here more in the future. bless you guys

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 07:38 PM by Jobin. Edited 2 times in total.)

Milestones +3
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)

I am the greatest
Defenceman that ever was
Rotti is stupid

Trivia: Sandwiches

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

1, 3TPE Max Trivia: Kappa

5 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)

Lets start with evaluating the 2 main criteria for who wins a fight

Strength
Forge: The forge as a massive magma monster are incredibly dense and have to be strong to be able to move their body when made of such a vicious liquid. Imagine carrying millions of pounds of liquid metal. It would require a massive amount of strength to even start. 
Aurora: A giant being of light you might thing have a lot less strength than the Forge but what the Aurora have is the power of speed. They have to be crazy strong to be able to move at the speed of light, which we can assume they can because it is light.
Winner: tie Strength can be measured by the force that one can output, and we all know force equals mass times acceleration. Honestly i couldn't do the math. The Aurora have the speed of light be near 0 mass, while the forge have crazy mass, but not nearly the mass that equates to the speed of light so i didn't know how to solve the math
Size
This is honestly a question that answers itself. Sure a giant magna monster may be obviously GIANT, but the size of a being made of light is technically infinite. It could be as small or as large as it needs to be the for the situation. Ergo the winner is the Aurora.
My conclusion here is that a being able to move at light speed and change it's size to anything at will could pierce the body of even a dense magma monster. No matter the arena. Imagine being pierced by a bullet fractions of an inch large millions of times a second. Also have you seen cocaine bear? Congrats Aurora!

7. 3TPE Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3331771

8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Commemorative Puck: https://i.imgur.com/kBkH3yZ.png 

10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Be Real: https://i.imgur.com/eeevQg5.png 

22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.)

Somewhat that brought me a lot of happiness, is that just literally this past weekend, me and a few of my friends basically spent most of the weekend doing our first day 1 raid in Destiny 2. We prepared for a few months to tackle the New Lightfall Raid, Root of Nightmares, and while together we were not able to be it i think this was some of the most fun gaming that i have had in recent times. We spent over 20 hours together on this raid learning and mastering the mechanics to attempt to beat the raid on challenge mode. We laughed, we cried and i recorded it on twitch. And while there was a lot of frustrating times, it really made me smile a ton for the first time in the past couple months. I would love to be able to do one again if i ever got the chance.

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

Code:

noodle

Code:

a. For me, I think a complete tear down into eventually getting to the challenge cup finals is a very impressive feat for any team in the Simulation Hockey League. Winnipeg truly started from scratch even in terms of visual identity and worked hard for the team to get up to the top. 

b. Personally, I think it makes sense to focus on Rashford. As it seems written out here, if he's making a LOT of passes to eventually get goals from other players, he must have a great vision and idea of what will work for the team to get those points. Right place, and definitely the right time.

c. With an average of around 30 shots on the goalie per game, I am not sure if peppering the goalie worked for Winnipeg in this instance. It seems that BASE PACK is a pretty immovable force, and is a great goalie. Another way around seems to be the move in this instance.

d. Despite this being posted after the finals, I was rooting for Winnipeg in terms of how far they've come in the past 10 seasons. They've done a full rebuild, and full rebrand and climbed their way into the finals and unfortunately lost to the Philadelphia Forge in the finals. Hopefully they make a strong return next season.

Code:

gooney in my friend
he is a silly guy
a little critter

Code:

+3 TPE - Milestones

Code:
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Is it exciting to have two completely new teams meet in the finals? What did you like or not like about this season?

Congratulations to the Philidelphia Forge for winning the Challenge Cup this season! I definitely did not follow the Simulation Hockey League this season, especially the finals lol. My bad guys. This is the first time I have seen both of these teams in the finals during my time on the site, so it is exciting to see some new strong contenders emerging into the top teams. Obviously, teams rise and fall as time goes on and the players retire but with new players coming into the big leagues every season, things will definitely stay interesting and maybe we'll see another team rise to the top

Code:
I've asked this before, but since it may be my final time writing CW, I wanted to ask it again. It was one of my favourite questions to read responses to. Tell me something that happened recently that you enjoyed, something that brings you happiness, or something you have hope for in the future. It could be a huge thing like buying a house or a small thing like having fun with your lockerroom this season. I just want to give you a chance to write down something positive.

Something i am super excited about is I am running my first dungeons and dragons campaign with my friends in person! I am using the call of the netherdeep book to run it because I love critical role. Felt like a great world to dive into since I am pretty knowledgeable in the lore of the world and love the legends of vox machina series on amazon prime. I'm excited to share this world with my friends and have them experience it as well. First game is on Wednesday and I really hope they have a fun time playing. It's all their first times so it might be chaotic but we'll see.

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Code:

froggie

3/16

Code:

Aksel does his best to backcheck the hell outta Rashford in the defensive zone. Being in the same draft class, there's a bit of rapport there, so while Rashford's hit him with glares that could kill, they've never shucked gloves when Aksel charges him because he has the puck and Aksel's not going to let him get another assist.

4/16

Code:

Aksel was honored and humbled to be added to the first line this season. He's had a whirlwind time on the Rage, from being captain in his first season, and continuing to lead the team as an alternate in following seasons, to making his way onto the first line! He's been the right wing for Lev at center, with Lind on the left wing. Aksel's still awed every day to be playing on the ice with an SHL team and with people he was watching with stars in his eyes as a minor league player. Lind, who's been on the Rage his entire major career and has gotten to make management calls and is one of the first people Aksel goes to when he's having issues, and Lev who is an incredible powerhouse on the ice. He enjoy each and every game like it's his last, and Lind and Lev are an amazing pair to play with.

7/16

Code:

+3 TPE

10/16

Code:
20. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Seige Engine (150 words min.)
We all know what a seige engine is, and we all have a favourite one! If you had to design a seige engine based on your team's branding, what would it be? What would that seige weapon do? What would it look like? What are its advantages? As a graphic option, you can depict what it would look like in action!

I had to google siege engines to look at this, and they use ELEPHANTS! I had to do a presentation on Hannibal in high school and he just came at people with tons of Elephants which sounds metal. I think the Rage should use war bulls in the inevitable future that society falls apart but the SHL teams stay intact and have to wage war against each other instead of play hockey games. The war bulls will be able to ram the strongest structures and reduce them to rubble. We can use bull horns like elephant tusks and fit them with spikes and use them to lift people up and throw them which would be super metal (literally) and you can also put SWORDS on the horns so I'm just gonna go ham. Each bull will have a different weapon on those horns. We'll repurpose hockey sticks and whack those on there too.

13/16

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Startup (150 words min.)
Some out-of-their-mind venture capitalist gave you an insane amount of money to start your own hockey related business. What is it, and why do you want to start it? What need does it address? Does anything else like it exist? As a graphic option, create a very corporate looking power-point slide that pitches your busines to hyper business minded people.

Aksel got a blank check and boy howdy is he rolling with it. The Manhattan Rage do pride nights every season and they're one of Aksel's favorite theme nights. They do jerseys and pride tape and the lighting people do an excellent job of lighting up the inside of the arena in gorgeous rainbows all night, but some of the other teams don't go as hard. So Aksel would like to address that. He's already got a few foundations under his belt, so he knows how to start one, although he's never had a bottomless pocket. Pride Tape is a very successful enterprise and Aksel's going to partner with them to make rainbow skates, rainbow sticks, pants with a slick rainbow stripe on the side. They'll have customization options and will work with groups to make sure people can express themselves with their gear and sponsor games to get the gear on the ice where people can see.

16/16

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog