Create Account

ROUND 1: Where to go (Draftee Choice)
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 12:54 PM by spidey. Edited 2 times in total.)

So many choices, none are mine, but if I were to decide where I am to be drafted; where will I choose?  Let’s take a tournament style look at where I want to end up for my first season of Juniors.  We have 14 teams, and I am going to do this bracket in name order so team 1 (Anchorage Armada) and 8 (Nevada Battleborn) get a bye to round 2, tomorrow.  We take a look at round one victims, ahem…I mean potential suitors for Logan Webb.  1st round will be team logos.

Pool A:
Armada Anchorage Armada – Bye         
Carolina Kraken vs Colorado Raptors   
Detroit Falcons vs Great Falls Grizzlies
Kelowna Knights vs Maine Timber

Pool B:
Battleborn Nevada Battleborn - Bye
Newfoundland Berserkers vs Quebec City Citadels
Regina Elk vs St. Louis Scarecrows
Vancouver Whalers vs Yukon Malamutes

Carolina Kraken vs Colorado Raptors

Kraken – I really like their logo, the colours pop and few would use their colours.  That said, I am a simple man, and I would have just said the colours are orange, black, white and brown or tan.  I am not sure I will fit in with the high society of Tenne, Eerie Black, Alabaster, and Windsor Tan. 

Raptors – Got to be nice, got to be nice, got to be nice…never mind.    They say it is the Raptors, but it looks like a Brontosaurus with sharp teeth.  What is that Barney’s German knock off?  I love you, and you be good or Krampus the raptor will get you!  Hmm…not for me.

Winner:  Kraken Carolina Kraken Kraken

Detroit Falcons vs Great Falls Grizzlies

Falcons – That is sharp, and the colours are simple to understand, red and white.  Falcons live in Detroit, check.  Hmmm…would have loved to see the Falcon in an attack position divebombing.  As it sits now it is defensive, scared, probably about to be attacked.  Maybe Detroit scared chickens would be more accurate.

Grizzlies – The logo is fierce, not sure how many kids are purchasing this jersey…could hurt my cut of league wide sales.  Got to give it to them, not many teams want their players to look like skating poops taking the ice.  I guess for the Christmas season they just need to give a red helmet and they are in costume as Mr. Hankey, saving some money to give me a bigger contract, so positive!

Winner: Slim edge to  Grizzlies Grizzlies Grizzlies

Kelowna Knights vs Maine Timber

Knights – I don’t remember knights being an Irish good luck charm…still here we are.  The logo itself is amazing, the home team colour does not fit, I feel like it should be the leprechauns, four leaf clovers, rainbows and horseshoes…

Timber – Again with the skating poops!  What is up with the juniors and adopting a brown heavy colour!?  The logo itself is strong once again, but it feels odd to wear a natural resource on your chest and not a warrior or deadly animal.  Who owns this team?  The American Lumber Company?

Winner – Leperchauns…erm  Knights Knights Knights .

Newfoundland Berserkers vs Quebec City Citadels

Berserkers – Well if this is the granddaddy of all oxymorons, I have never met a Newfie that was a Berserker, they are the most warm and welcoming people out there.  The only time they have a temper is when they drink, even then you are still their best friend as they shout in some strange undistinguishable language…sorry the jersey and logo is cool.

Citadels – Let me start by saying I get it.  Now that is over…Nope, just nope.  Moving on.

Winner – In a landslide  Berserkers Berserkers Berserkers  (still doesn’t feel right to say)

Regina Elks vs St. Louis Scarecrows

Elks – My daughter tells me purple is my favourite colour because black is not a colour.  Immediately you have brownie points in my book.  That being said, what is wrong with their antlers? Is the Elk sick, or does it require a small bus?  Still, they have purple. 

Scarecrows – You had the best logo during your season 13 – 33. Right combo of creepy, hockey, and edgy.  Now it looks like a mid-west high school basketball team’s logo.  Also, not sure if it is a scarecrow or a demon cowboy, I bet it is a demon cowboy wait a minute, the St. Louis Beelzebillies or Hillzebubs!  Rename the team and I will join.

Winner –  Elk Elks Elk

Vancouver Whalers vs Yukon Malamutes

Whalers – Did you break that Whale’s tail?  What the hell is happening to it?  Or is that an Orca Dorsal Fin with a Humpback tail?  I am very confused.  I think the green and blue is very accurate for the Pacific Ocean particularly in Northwest, the ocean is not very blue it is much more green/grey, not something I would readily promote, but hey to each their own.

Malamutes – Ok the secondary logo may just be my favourite logo, but only as a secondary.  As for the main, I don’t get the colour scheme.  The logo itself is the most manilla logo in the league, there is nothing wrong with the design, but there is nothing inspiring with the design, it is just there.  I have an image of the team playing the same way…but, the logo looks sharp on the jersey.

Winner –  Malamutes Malamutes Malamutes , only because I am still confused with what is happening to the Whale.

Tomorrow Round 2!

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

moving on!

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

I dislike you now /j

03-09-2023, 04:02 PMSeany148 Wrote: I dislike you now /j

Don't worry, I will only get worse for those that survive round 1. ?

Sig by Lazyeye
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

03-09-2023, 04:10 PMspidey Wrote: Don't worry, I will only get worse for those that survive round 1.  ?
I'll let you know that Maine has very nice jerseys and great food

03-09-2023, 04:24 PMSeany148 Wrote: I'll let you know that Maine has very nice jerseys and great food

Cheers I will drink to that.

Sig by Lazyeye
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

As someone who does this every season, I applaud you, spidey.

Update PageWhalers | Monarchs | Player Page

[Image: T96UlnW.png]

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

03-09-2023, 03:16 PMspidey Wrote: Citadels – Let me start by saying I get it.  Now that is over…Nope, just nope.  Moving on.

[Image: xiojqe3.gif]

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Quote:Citadels – Let me start by saying I get it. Now that is over…Nope, just nope. Moving on.

Someone hates winning apparently. Couldn't be me though, enjoy the future L's

[Image: sobchak.png]