Create Account

RCD's Draft Predictions

RCD’s Draft Predictions

A few things to note.
1 I started this before all the first few picks were traded and swapped around and im to lazy to rewrite it.
2. Please know that this is all for fun and I will happily join any team that drafts me. I love you all.

1.  Platoon Baltimore Platoon - Iliket Urtles

Obviously I'm going 1st overall because SHL teams don't scout anymore and just draft off TPE ranks. And since i'm god's gift to SHL Fantasy, that would be me. But outside of that I have always liked BAP and had a friendly rivalry with alot of them back in the day. BAL > BAP. Though it seems like alot of them have gone IA so maybe Baltimore is cursed

2.  Aurora Winnipeg Aurora - Iliket Urtles

Ok so like maybe BAP missed me because I'm so much higher in TPE than everyone else. In that case 2nd to WPG is great too. Like BAP I knew alot of people on Winnipeg back when they were still the Jets, and unlike BAP i think most the people I knew are still some what active around the league.

3.  Stars  Toronto North Stars - Iliket Urtles

Ok 3rds not that bad, i got drafted 3rd on my last player and that turned out great. And i feel like a broken record because these first three teams are probably the teams i knew the most people from when i was first starting in the league. Though i think everyone knows that whatever ml did has cursed Toronto until the end of time. So if i get drafted to Toronto we better do some Ted Lasso, everyone burn a prized possession, type of ritual to lift that shit.

4.  Stars Toronto North Stars - Iliket Urtles

Is this some kind of sick joke? Toronto has back to back picks and they pick me with the 2nd one. Wow. Its fine, i wont hold it against this other user for the rest of my career. Definitely not. But the Toronto front office better be ready for some rough contract negotiations

5.  Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks - Iliket Urtles

While in Texas with my last player Hamilton was probably our strongest competitor in the late S50’s Great Lakes + Texas era of the SHL. And all i have to say about that is.
https://media.giphy.com/media/NP1ToTUgkY.../giphy.gif

6.  Monarchs  Minnesota Monarchs - Iliket Urtles

As long as i don't get invited to another Minnesota Rookie Draft Discord where I get asked daily questions and it has ranks of who has answered the most, I can die happy. I think we can all agree that was weird last time. But really i have heard some great things about the actual Minnesota LR and the people in it

7.  Barracuda Tampa Bay Barracuda - Iliket Urtles

Now who really wants to be drafted to the team that trella Intentionally and single handedly took to 0-50, im not really sure. But i guess everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Also i wasnt a huge fan of their rebranded logo, but it ill give credit where credit is due, it has grown on me over the seasons

8.  Stars Toronto North Stars (via Outlaws ) - Iliket Urtles

Ok who's getting punished for this one. How did Toronto even trade for a pick from the Outlaws.
1. That would be an SMJHL Pick.
2. They aren't even a team anymore.

9.  pride San Francisco Pride - Iliket Urtles

Ill be honest, i always feel kind of bad when i see SFP mentioned because i may or may not have kinda LEGALLY tampered their young star goalie from them back in the day and he won me two cups. Sorry not sorry. But again i have heard great things about the SFP locker room, and also they are the closest team to where I am at IRL

10.  syndicate Chicago Syndicate - Iliket Urtles

Another rival of Texas’s from the late 50’s and then even more so when you got put into our division because the other Great Lakes teams were bullying Toronto too much.

Also i have definitely strayed away from talking about which pick I have fallen to at this point as Urltes is just trying to keep his composure.

11.  Dragons Calgary Dragons - Iliket Urtles

Is Calgary still the old person team, because some conversations recently in various LRs have shown how not young i am these days compared to some of these infants walking around. Though going off time in the SHL there are quite a few other old timers in this draft class that have me beat there

12.  Stampede Buffalo Stampede - Iliket Urtles

The last of the GL+T teams to appear. But again sorry not sorry, winning my first cup against you guys in S59 watching the sim on my phone in my works parking lot, swiping back and forth between the stream and discord is still one of my favorite memories of the SHL. But also your guys logo is clean as fuck.

13.  Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard - Iliket Urtles

Honestly i don't know much about Edmonton. I know some old Edmonton names because of Norway, like the Tucks and Scholz and a few players inbetween but not much else.

14.  Monarchs Minnesota Monarchs - Iliket Urtles

Ok again we have another teams 2nd chance at scooping up this definitely not a bust player. And maybe Minnesota will realize their earlier mistake and take me here

15.  Inferno Atlanta Inferno - Iliket Urtles

The first “recent” expansion team on the list. I have a love hate relationship with the four recent expansion teams, on one hand i like alot of their branding and like seeing new expansion teams grow (Congrats on your S66 Cup) but on the other hand they bullied us when they joined the league and took our players for nothing.

16.  pride San Francisco Pride - Iliket Urtles

Again its another teams 2nd pick, it seems like there are only 4 teams drafting in the 1st round. And also i am rapidly losing the ability to come up with more things to say about repeated teams, or really any teams in general. At this point im to far in to just do a top 10 draft picks, so im going to just word vomit the rest of them

17.  Wolfpack New England Wolfpack - Iliket Urtles

New England, another team i really know nothing about though recognise alot of names on the team, from either my time in Texas, from my old draft class, or just from around the league.

18.  Inferno Atlanta Inferno - Iliket Urtles

Another repeat pick, im sorry Atlanta i love you, congrats again but im going to skip this one to get through this

19.  Platoon Baltimore Platoon - Iliket Urtles

If BAP didnt pick me at the beginning of the round then of course they will pick me here right? Right?!?!?!?! *Insert Anakin and Padme meme here*

20.  Forge Philadelphia Forge - Iliket Urtles

Ok the last pick of the 1st round, the now current Challenge Cup Champions. Congrats on the win, great to see another expansion team reach the top. Please don't let me fall out of the 1st round.

I hope this helps everyone make their Mock Drafts

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Thank you

at least one of these is sure to hit!

I got sick of trading with SHL teams lol

[Image: Wally.png]

Are we ignoring he admitted to tampooning

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

03-09-2023, 11:51 PMWally Wrote: I got sick of trading with SHL teams lol

I mean, it's understandable Smile

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

03-10-2023, 12:36 AMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: Are we ignoring he admitted to tampooning
yes, yes we are

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

I knew it!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. He just took all the shots. I respect that

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

i like tohtles

[Image: rotti.gif]

glad to see my legacy lives on Barracuda

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM