Create Account

S70 PT #2: The Noodle Incident

There has been a lot of drama between Meowski and Cooper since his coming up for the Renegades. Many reports thought that he was delaying it in hopes that he would be traded away. This season has not gone Meowski's way in terms of the Jesster run. There have been many rumors that Meowski has blamed Cooper for his lack of success whether it is playing time or the lines that he is on.

Recently he was asked after a game where he put up a zero:

"Do you feel that you are to blame for your lack of success or what do you think is the cause of it?"

Meowski replyed carefully: "You know, I think it is a top down issue. There definitely needs to be better chemistry for our players to get the puck in the net. Sometimes you can feel that you don't have the puck enough in the right situations to get it in goal. Sometimes you feel that your line-mates just don't know what they are doing. Every player has that in their career and we're still figuring each other out. Do I have any specific blame, I don't think as of right now. I do want to score more points because I do believe I am a top rookie but that has remain to be seen. Hopefully my team and myself can help propel me into the conversation that I rightfully deserve to be in"

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Reporter: "Nathaniel, it has been said that the line between love and hatred is a very thin line. With your explosive relationship with Cale @KaleSalad, and how close the two of you seem to be off ice, even sometimes coming to the arena together, is it possible there could be more to it than what is on the surface?"

Barca: *Sigh* I don't understand why you people are vultures? Maybe we care about the environment so we carpool? Maybe we share an apartment because we are ROOKIES making ROOKIE salaries? Maybe we are lovers? Who the hell cares? I hate that we have to sit here every week and answer your questions. You are vultures, trying to expose absolutely everything in our private lives to explain why we missed a pass in the second period last night. My question for you is so what? What does it matter if we are. Love is beautiful and quite frankly none of your business.

Code:
162 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

The reporter, Repo R. Ter, was completely out of line when he asked me if I knew lead equipment manager, LeQuip McManager, had slept with my mother. That was the main beef I had with LeQuip. Actually, to be fair, it was the only beef I had with him. He should know better and it has really dampened the team chemistry. I can barely get an assist! So I answered the reporter straight up and said, "Yes, I am aware of the situation you buffoon." He did not like my tone so he squared up to me, to which I had no other choice but to square up to him. I pretended the reporter was LeQuip McManager and got some good jabs to the rib cage before the rest of the press room separated us. I also complained to the team and got his credentials taken away. So now he doesn't have a job. What a loser. I also don't have LeQuip anymore cuz I took my anger out on that bozo Repo R. Ter.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Player Prompt

Answering questions from the media isn't really an issue, but some days are definitely easier than others. If the team is doing well, the standard cookie cutter answers can be applied without much thought. "Just keep doing what we're doing." "Don't let the success get to our heads." "Keep training and playing hard." If the team overall, or a certain teammate had a bad game however, that's when the interviews get tougher. If there's one player in particular who really doesn't want to talk to anyone about their mistakes during a game it's always a nice courtesy to take the questions for them. Then they won't have to answer for any of their specific mistakes and the interview questions can once again be answered without much thought. "Go into the next game with a fresh slate." "Have a short memory for these types of games." "It's not [player's] fault, the team as a whole didn't perform well enough today." At the end of the day, so many media interviews happen and you can't give too much away so they all blend together and the questions become familiar and easier to answer over time.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

I am not a very vocal person usually so anytime I get my number called for the media scrum I am already in a bad mood. On top of that the reporters just ask the most ridiculous drama inducing questions more often than not and I absolutely hate trying to answer anything that could be bad mouthing anyone in my organization or another. I would rather just go out there and let my game do the talking on any given night, which isn't much talking lately. Overall though I think if the reporters would ask more questions about the game aspect and more encouraging and positive things in general it wouldn't be bad. I know the drama is what gets clicks and at the end of the day it's a business so they're going to want that but it gets old very quick from a player standpoint being put in these positions night in and night out for their profit. Some players can deal with it much easier though so please call them.

173 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

Dealing with the media is one of those things that you never really get used to as a professional player. For the vast majority of folks who make it to the professional leagues you are getting there because you love the game of hockey and you have managed to increase your skills or other talents to such a degree that you deserve to play with the best in the world. But the media is a whole other beast that most folks don't expect or truly prepare for, as it happens to just be one of the added complexities of the pro game. Jon St. Ark is no exception. He plays hockey because he enjoys it, and while he is respectful to the media, after all they are just doing their jobs, he does not really enjoy it. This is contrasted by his interactions with his fans, which he does enjoy meeting even if that wasn't exactly what he signed up for either.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

John Brown's opinion is that the reporters do a good job and it is how they put food on the table, but in general they seem like an unneeded position. John Brown thinks that there is too much focus on the exact specifics of what is said instead of the broader message. Missing the forest for a tree, after all. John Brown does not mind taking questions, although he has gotten asked quite a few less since he want on an impassioned speech regarding the immorality of slavery in modern day America and the crucial need to ban for-profit prisons because SERIOUSLY WHY THE FUCK ARE THOSE STILL ALLOWED TO BE A THING. WE ALLOW PEOPLE TO BE ENSLAVED BECAUSE WE THINK THEY BROKE A CRIME AND THAT WARRANTS SLAVERY, THAT IS SO FUCKED UP. THAT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED AND JOHN BROWN TAKES EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO REITERATE HOW FUCKED THAT IS

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

My player is usually chill about those pressers. He'll avoid them if he can but if he's gotta do it he will have a good attitude about it. The reporters tend to ask stupid questions, but my player keeps a level head about it, and avoids the stereotypical demeanor hockey players have when being interviewed. For example. you can always hear them repeating um, you know, and obviously. My player's dialogue is far too advanced for that.  So in general, the interviews are fine. That is, as long as they don't start attacking his teammates. Then he will start going John Torts on their asses. He would defend his teammates to death from the interviewers. If it were up to him, there wouldn't be any interviews at all, but there is, so you gotta just deal with it, as long as they stay respectful to you and your teammates. They're just doing their job afterall.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

Creative Prompt

First of all, Viktor would be absolutely devastated to see the superb owl team mascot getting heckled by the fans simply because of him. That is an outcome he never would have wanted even if they were mortal enemies. Under normal circumstances Hargreeves is your boring run of the mill mild-mannered hockey player who interviews like a pet rock, whereas in this particular situation he would be champing/chomping at the bit to address the media. No matter how the question ended up being framed, Viktor would have jumped right in to calling on everyone to chill the hell out. While he'd be redder than a ripe tomato, Vik would 1. Thank everyone for their concern 2. Confirm that he does indeed have a largely unwarranted fear of mascots and 3. Make it very clear that there should be absolutely zero negativity directed in the QCC mascot's direction. No exceptions. Hopefully his newly minted captaincy would give the gravity needed to make this a non-issue just as quickly as it was made one.

Code:
173 words

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Player Prompt:

Media is part of being a professional athlete. A lot of players hate fulfilling their media obligations, but it's something you need to do so might as well embrace it. For me, I have no issues doing my media scrums and find myself doing different things to keep them interesting.

Some days I'll decide to answer everything super seriously, other days I'll go full sarcastic for every question. There was one time I gave completely random answers to every question just to mess with the reporters. If the team gets a request for a player to speak to the media, the coaches know I'll go and take that bullet whenever they want me to. A few guys on the team would rather bag skate than talk to the media so I'll cover for them sometimes. I'll even stand there and take the heat for bad games. It doesn't bother me one bit because the media are playing their own game and there's always a motive behind their questions so you can't really take anything they do too seriously. Give me the media gauntlet.

(183 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

When it comes to media scrums, GK is a veteran that has been around many and his take has never changed. He makes himself the most uninteresting individual with no personality, sometimes completely ignoring questions in hopes that he does not get asked more in the future. GK really does not like chatting with the media or taking the spotlight, so really just expect very brief or vague answers while he tries to find a way out of the conversation. Usually one of the things he’ll say is oh look coach is calling me, and he will walk out of the scrum.

If another teammate is being interviewed following a poor showing, GK will 100% find a corner to slink into, and away from prying eyes. Do not count on GK to come to the rescue as he is a recluse when it is media time. He is honestly the media’s worst interviewee and his tactic has worked as he seldom gets to talk to any reporters before or after his games.

(172 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Kayden Pale was recently seen lashing out on local reporter in Calgary for continuing too rag on him for being the only minus for plus and minus player on the Calgary roster the Reporter asked Pale if he was happy that his plus and minus was starting too improve over the last few games Kayden said you know what buddy you been bagging on me since I got here sorry that you find this all funny but I'd slap you the hell out of you were right Infront of me you numb nut idiot, take my spot if your so confident see if you can do any better. You are literally home town reporter bagging on me over a silly stat when I'm having a career year right now on the hockey news is ranking me 26 best player in leauge at the moment and the best player on Calgary and you ride me over plus and minus man do I hate you and will take it out on my next opp

Quote:
Citadelles

Prompt 2.

Julian Flörsch was one of the star player on the Detroit Falcons in the SMJHL. He was known for his exceptional skills on the ice, his dedication to the sport, and his charming personality. But there was one thing that Julian didn't like about his life as a hockey player: the press.

Every time Julian had to face the press, he felt uneasy. He knew that the journalists were always looking for a juicy story to sell their papers. And Julian didn't want to be part of that game. He wanted to focus on playing hockey and winning games, not on feeding the media with gossip and rumors.

After his move up to the Minnesota Monarchs in the SHL, Julian had a change of heart. He realized that the press could be a powerful tool to promote his team and his sport. He decided to open up to the journalists and to show them what ice hockey was all about.

Julian started to give interviews and to share his thoughts and feelings about the game. He talked about the hard work, the team spirit, and the love for the sport that drove him and his teammates. And the press loved it.

Soon, Julian became a favorite among the journalists. They praised him for his honesty, his passion, and his talent. They wrote glowing articles about him and his team, and they helped to spread the word about ice hockey in Switzerland.

And Julian realized that the press could be a friend, not an enemy. He learned to appreciate their role in promoting his sport, and he became a true ambassador for ice hockey in Switzerland.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Code:
creative prompt
[Image: BYJ9su2.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]