Create Account

State of the Russian Federation: Goaltenders

04-11-2023, 04:31 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: Henrik you know i love you so please take this in all seriousness and kindness.

This sword cuts both ways. Most of the big players in this world are committing atrocities on a daily basis. Calling it "whataboutism" isn't an argument (not that you have said it, but it's on the tips of tongues). This isn't even distant past. The United States killed millions in the middle east (with support from European countries). We are currently starving millions of Afghanis. We can point to any country and find massive skeletons. The point here isn't that we can't do anything because if we do it to one we have to do it to all. It just represents to me that people care more about this particular atrocity because they're European victims. And that really cuts me. It's selective outrage. And let's be serious, what is more inclusive than welcoming Russian users and players? Are Russians like... Dogshit or something?

We have such a laser focused hatred against the east and that hatred really does manifest itself in real ways, especially towards people from Asian companies.

It just feels like such a narrow, enclosed point of view to want to banish a country (and let's be honest with ourselves). If Russia becomes depleted, then so be it. It happened many times before. But it is not right for us to be the arbiters of what countries are good and proper. Am i meant to stop business with our contractors who are from Russia, or belarus? Or what about me, named after a goofy soviet from a video game?

There's a right and a wrong way to represent any country. Look no further than John Brown. A true American Patriot.  Again, we should be vigilant of people engaging in the Russian larp in a hurtful way, not broad strokes eliminating groups of people.
What are you talking about no one here is being racist towards Asia. People just don’t want to see symbolism of a country that is literally destroying their homeland. It’s not that deep and not that hard to change it. It’s ultimately up to Hockeyfan and IIHF HO but it’s really not a big deal to change Russia to something else, whether it be Ukraine or something like OAR.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Messages In This Thread
RE: State of the Russian Federation: Goaltenders - by Bfine - 04-11-2023, 05:00 PM